Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Environment, Enemies, Map And Mission.

--MANA--

I've been playing warframe for a while and I've always had this feeling like the maps were always too confined even though you can step outside the facility on some maps it is still very limited on where you can just go. I also thought it would be good if there would be new maps/stages in the game without having to add another planet.

and since Warframe is more of a PVE than PVP. I had an idea to take the enemies to another level.

I came up with an idea that could make the players feel like the map was open and free to explore. With this we can also add some new missions and enemies that could be implemented in such maps. This also comes with new challenges.

Map:

By using the environment of the planet, we can put new maps/levels in the game without actually having to add another planet.

First map is Forest like area near to a Tenno facility/base. (in earth or planet with such environment) with an open area or free roam like map with new enemies.

The environment of the map should be the same as the enviroment of the planet itself. Earth could have forest, desert etc while Mars only has deserts.

The picture below shows the idea of the environment and map itself.
trees%20cityscapes%20futuristic%20forest

Enemies/Monsters:

The new enemies that could be implemented in such maps are the wild life or the animals in the forest or the animals that live in the given enviroment.

(Grineers, Corpus and Infesteds are not the only threat to the Tennos but also the wild life or mosnters in the planet where they currently are)

Monsters/Animals should vary in the environment of the planet. 

Enemies in such enviroment (Forest)

the_path_to_the_miracle___kuang_hon_1584

guild-wars-2-7_size1.jpg

The image above serves as an Idea on how can different monsters that inhabits the forest could look like

These monsters in my opinion should be considered as mini bosses for they don't come in waves like grineers, corpus and infested but in pack (like wolfpack) and once youve killed the whole pack then its over for the round.

They also have their own weakness and some could only be killed by hitting their vital points (great challenge rather than just spraying the monster with bullets til it dies)
A good example would be a thick armored rhino like beast that has one vital spot under it's belly and you will need to use Bastille from Vauban to expose it or Rhino stomp to expose the vital spot.

Also monsters should have their own type and element weakness. A monster in a forest could be a type of plant and have a weakness from fire, or a monster that is a rock type.

I believe monsters like these should be Implemented to have a vast variety of enemies in the game.

The Mission:

A new mission for this map should be called "Impending attack" as these pack or heards of monsters come near your base. They are detected by the base' radar and imposes them as a threat. Your mission will be to FIND/HUNT this heard or pack of monster and stop them before they breach your base and wreak havoc. 

There could be either 2 heards of monsters that are different in kind that are near your base. Numbers and varieties of monsters that you will encounter will depend on the difficulty of the mission.

Random Instance:

Random instances should occure in missions like these in the wilderness. Like when hunting for the heard, there is a chance that you may encounter a boss monster that lives in the forest.

Image below shows how one could look like

thecolossus.jpg

UNDERWATER:

and last but not the least. I just thought it would be also cool if Tennos could hunt monsters underwater just like the image below.

640x413_8271_Snake_pit_02_beowulf_2d_fan

I hope that if this post gets 100 votes and above then a developer could at least say his opinion about this post.

Well, while your ideas are unique, they don't mesh well with the current known lore. The Infested, Grineer, and Corpus have been fighting and colonizing for a very long time. There really isn't any untouched forests left.

That said, once we move outside of the solar system,  who knows what's out there? Maybe Orokin worlds untouched by the War?

A Grineer forest/jungle tileset is coming after the new corpus gas/cloud city tilesets, and the concept art is actually sort of similar in theme to your forest pics there.

201004061250000.intothewoods.jpg

Edited by Rajko

Well, while your ideas are unique, they don't mesh well with the current known lore. The Infested, Grineer, and Corpus have been fighting and colonizing for a very long time. There really isn't any untouched forests left.

That said, once we move outside of the solar system,  who knows what's out there? Maybe Orokin worlds untouched by the War?

Well I havent really followed the story of Warframe yet. I don't really have any idea if the planets have been totaly taken over by the three factions.

but youre right. maybe this could apply to some Orokin worlds that were untouched by the war OR there could be a possiblity where there are parts of planets where the three factions had a problem of colonizing cause of the Monsters that were present in the area and only the Tennos were the only faction that were able to take this monsters down and built a facility in such place?

I really support the idea of more open environments and varying enemy types.

Also this art is really cool what game or series are these from or what artist?

The third picture was from Guild Wars 2 and the other arts were just simply arts that can be found in the net.

I think three of the pictures belong to Kuang Hong.

Edited by ProminenceVII

Original, but ultimately doesn't fit the game too much. Warframe enemies should be focusing on Grineer/Corpus/Infested units, not wildlife (though it's fine to have one or two species per planetary tileset). If we're talking about planets where the wildlife were taken over by the Infested though, now THAT'S a different story that I'm very interested in.

As for the whole jungle/forest tileset thing, I remember DE once showed some concept art for a Grineer Jungle tileset which looked pretty cool. I'd suggest putting it on Sedna, with Kela De Thaym. Afterall, Kela is supposed to be one of the few female Grineers with a very high military position (excluding the Twin Queens), and she's a battle-hungry blood knight to boot, which can relate to an "Amazon" theme, thus a jungle.

Perhaps the wildlife could be smaller versions of that armored dog thing in the second enemy picture, under the tree golem.

Original, but ultimately doesn't fit the game too much. Warframe enemies should be focusing on Grineer/Corpus/Infested units, not wildlife (though it's fine to have one or two species per planetary tileset). If we're talking about planets where the wildlife were taken over by the Infested though, now THAT'S a different story that I'm very interested in.

Well first and foremost, this suggestion is entirely about a whole new content. I was actually thinking that yeah everyone's right that it is not the factions that exist in Warframe, but what if we consider that the Tenno's have finally awoken and "maybe" they also have started to take over some areas in some planets and in these areas, new enemies have been discovered mainly the wildlife. 

They already have the Desert Skate enemy, its an animal that resides on grineer settlements. I'm guessing that all of this could just be possible, though the infested thing that you see is interesting too

OMG YOU READ MY MIND!!!! only thing I can add is for the base to be an extension of the dojo, where your clan could build it and travel between dojo-planet through a special room.  I LOVE IT!  Hunting should definately be a cornerstone of the Tenno's society!!!!!

OMG YOU READ MY MIND!!!! only thing I can add is for the base to be an extension of the dojo, where your clan could build it and travel between dojo-planet through a special room.  I LOVE IT!  Hunting should definately be a cornerstone of the Tenno's society!!!!!

Thank you! yeah I also believe that hunting should be like a part of Tenno

Hm, not sure if swimming would work, but I'd love to see everything else in the game :D

yeah thats the thing. I didn't really put that much effort on the underwater part since its gonna be a big new, new tile sets and animation plus the sounds underwater would be totally different too. but yeah it would be good if it would work. I mean fighting huge sea monsters in their habitat would be scary and thrilling.

yeah thats the thing. I didn't really put that much effort on the underwater part since its gonna be a big new, new tile sets and animation plus the sounds underwater would be totally different too. but yeah it would be good if it would work. I mean fighting huge sea monsters in their habitat would be scary and thrilling.

And underwater Saryns and stalkers....:3

oooooooooooooh yeeeaaaaaaah, this is the lyf.

needs new star chart, new planets, new environment, new mobs as u finished doing the solar system chart... this will be more interesting and fun to play enough of ship interiors XD

i heard that warframe is working on new environment such as forest. i think they are working on new tiles. for star char yeah just add some options when you click on a planet, i dont think we really need new planets for this because there are different kind of environments in the planets anyways.

• 4 weeks later...

Love the idea, can`t wait to see such maps in near future....you got my full support on this one :)

Hunting with ma Paris in the jungle oh yeeaaahhhh!!

There will be a new jungle tileset for grineer thats coming out. :) so expect to see that but the gameplay that i suggest won't be coming out soon i guess and thank you :)