Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A new perspective for the island contents and Lich/Sisters

(XBOX)luan176

They could really rework the Lich/Sister strange requiem system and get the open worlds for each faction to have a Fortress type for the Lich and his Soldiers, after the moment you know your rival you get raided like 50% of the times on Any type of mission then getting the Lich defeated the first time he flees to the open map Fortress on a very high level mission with matchmaking for 8 players making 8 Liches Spawn on the Fortress, then he Call his ship and flees, then you call your ship like the trailer for Empyrean and go finish him again on another 8 player Railjack Very Very High level mission

Let me see if I can properly gauge the community response to this idea:

-A fortress in open world? I hate open world content.

-50% chance to encounter your rival? Too random I hate RNG.

-Rival flees to the fortress? I hate open world content (again).

-Very high level? I hate hard content.

-8 players? I hate playing with other people.

-Calling your railjack? I hate railjack.

-MORE very very hard missions with multiplayer??? UGGHHH...

Also this game is too easy and none of the content works together and they never update old systems and it's boring playing solo and I skipped all the grind with plat and there's nothing to do now.

Honestly... the biggest issue with liches/sisters for me is repetitiveness closely followed by the sheer amount of grind for each one, not to mention the grind you need for the weapon to be fully levelled up too.   Yes warframe is a grind based game but there comes a point where doing the exact same thing gets monotonous and isn't fun to do... this happens far faster when there is very little variation between each lich/sister.

Changing it to a single specific tile set isn't going to change any of those issues imo. 

15 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

What would be the reason for slapping 8 people onto it twice over? Would the mode bring some interesting mechanics that would require immense teamwork from the 8 players?

Is that like a circle jerk in space?

Raid used to be really cool but buggy you needed synch teamwork and a bit of smartness

i can only see raid in space if we actively need to defend the railljack from real treat while doing some kind of eidolon fight

8 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

Raid used to be really cool but buggy you needed synch teamwork and a bit of smartness

i can only see raid in space if we actively need to defend the railljack from real treat while doing some kind of eidolon fight

But raids were just puzzles, arbitrary mechanics that added nothing to it. Things that could have just aswell been designed for 2 players. Raids were really just missions with Friend Door Deluxe compared to other missions.

More people just doesnt make things better unless it can fully engage all members of a group with interesting activities throughout the mission. Which is hard for WF since it has a hard time engaging more than 1 player in a 4 man group even.

21 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

I  wasn't around when Raids was a thing, but I was curious and watched a YT vid of it a couple days back. It was pretty trash. It looked extremely boring, just running around and getting to consoles with no bosses or mini-bosses to fight.

But! Getting back on topic, I love the idea of liches/sisters having a base in open worlds! It would make open worlds a bit more relevant for things other than weapon building and syndicate farming. But, 8 players is a bit much tho. I'd rather just keep it to the good ol' 4 players just to keep things simple.

3 hours ago, FatalPapercut said:

Let me see if I can properly gauge the community response to this idea:

-A fortress in open world? I hate open world content.

-50% chance to encounter your rival? Too random I hate RNG.

-Rival flees to the fortress? I hate open world content (again).

-Very high level? I hate hard content.

-8 players? I hate playing with other people.

-Calling your railjack? I hate railjack.

-MORE very very hard missions with multiplayer??? UGGHHH...

Also this game is too easy and none of the content works together and they never update old systems and it's boring playing solo and I skipped all the grind with plat and there's nothing to do now.

While this is almost true for me I want ask why?

With new "Lich in ship" we just got redundant fight. OP's suggestion seems like this.

The intent here seems to be to try and make the lich system more interesting. I think that would be a good goal to achieve in principle.

But I don't think adding another extra mission on top of the current lich grind would achieve that. Especially if you add the extra mess of 8-player matchmaking on top of it (which would be especially annoying on consoles). Especially once you multiply that by the number of liches we now need to go through to get (and, maybe, max out) all of their weapons!

I think the idea of a "fortress with extra hard content" has been floated around on multiple occasions, and something like that might be quite interesting to play (if implemented well). But tying it into the lich grind is probably not the best idea!

3 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

The intent here seems to be to try and make the lich system more interesting. I think that would be a good goal to achieve in principle.

Totally agree, but extroverts seem to think More Players = Better, no matter what, it is a non-stop refrain.

Some people really, really like square dancing and practicing square dancing forever on end with a group of people to get the moves perfect, whereas some of us just like to move with the music as we like without a script.

Neither of the outlooks are wrong or right, but very few if any game companies can fully cater to both crowds all the time, especially when no matter what the square dance script, once it's learned, that crowd just rages until a new dance is produced, then complains the rewards are not good enough, or are OP.

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

Totally agree, but extroverts seem to think More Players = Better, no matter what, it is a non-stop refrain.

Some people really, really like square dancing and practicing square dancing forever on end with a group of people to get the moves perfect, whereas some of us just like to move with the music as we like without a script.

Neither of the outlooks are wrong or right, but very few if any game companies can fully cater to both crowds all the time, especially when no matter what the square dance script, once it's learned, that crowd just rages until a new dance is produced, then complains the rewards are not good enough, or are OP.

Exactly.

Touching on your outlooks point, I think DE did a much better than could be expected job of trying to integrate multiple and very polarized gameplay styles into a single game. Freedom to go as hard or as trivial would normally seem to be an ultimate solution but the human experiment won't allow many players to self adjust. Control is required, despite the complaints. My question is: how can this be overcome...or can it?

Archived