Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Play Dead, a companion mod.

Umbill

Play Dead is a simple idea for a Mod.

Instead of entering a downed state, your Kubrow or Kavat (and maybe Hounds and Moa) will instantly die. They will then respawn after 30 seconds.

Basically just a Vulpaphyla Devolution mod but for other companions.

1 hour ago, PatrioticEagle said:

if your willing to put in the work, your pets can't die, if you dont care enough just dont use'em.

This doesn't sound like much of an argument against it; Exact same argument can be made against the Devolution mods. You can make vulps just as immortal as the other companions with the same mod setups. Under this kind of logic, you don't need the Devolution mods at all (which you're right, you don't need a "respawn" mod for any animal companions or the hounds. Pack Leader really does stop them from ever going down).

1 hour ago, PatrioticEagle said:

a mod like that would defeat the purpose to the deimos pets.

Assuming the argument here is that it's a unique mod for the Vulpaphylas, that's a better argument. But not completely sound, either. There was a precedent already set that a specific unique mod today can be made into a general mod for everything tomorrow. A mod with general utility can absolutely see itself becoming a mod everything can use.
Such as with Vacuum. Vacuum used to be a unique mod exclusive to the Carrier sentinel. It was argued that giving everything Vacuum would defeat the purpose of Carrier. But then every Sentinel had it. And now all companions have some form of it in Vacuum or Fetch. There's nothing stopping DE from doing the same thing for Vulpaphylas, giving them a new replacement mod like they did with Carrier and its new Ammo Case mod, keeping the Vulpaphylas as unique companions.

You could still be right about it never happening, but I wouldn't imagine it would be for these reasons.

3 hours ago, Umbill said:

That is unfortunate. When I clicked on your thread, I was hoping for a precept that would lower the aggro level on your pet. They would pretend to be dead, the enemies would ignore them. Sort of the opposite of Smeeta's Mischief Mischief_19.6.3.png.

Having a cheat death mod would devalue the Vulpix's unique powers. I just want my non-combat pets to stay the heck away from big tanky enemies. If I could program my pets to run and hide, I would :crylaugh:

On 2021-10-24 at 3:38 PM, Umbill said:

Play Dead is a simple idea for a Mod.

Instead of entering a downed state, your Kubrow or Kavat (and maybe Hounds and Moa) will instantly die. They will then respawn after 30 seconds.

I could see it being a one time deal similar to the sentinel mod Regen. And then later make a Prime Play Dead to work 3 times.

But a permanent one I doubt is ever gonna be made. If there ever was, it would be exclusive to a single specific pet. Like Djinn. 

Be funny if Play Dead had a trick where it lures enemies to it and instant kills them before officially getting up. 

Archived