Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There needs to be added an "are you sure" before purchases, especially after pressing the "maximum amount I can buy" button.

Blu4Lyf3

Earlier today I needed some primary arcane adapters so I went over to Teshin and planned to get myself two of them, instead, I got myself 64 of them and to top it off lost all of my steel essence that I had been grinding and saving up for months. Just because I misclicked the "add one" button and pressed the "maximum amount I can buy" button. Maybe I was a bit fast at confirming the purchase but nonetheless there should definitely be an "are you sure" either after pressing the "maximum amount I can buy" button or the "purchase" button. I did put in a request and thankfully, it was possible to reverse the purchase however it does also understandably state that all purchases are final and that it might not be possible to reverse future purchases which is also very much understandable but at the same time, another reason to add it. Thanks.

1 hour ago, PatrioticEagle said:

or just pay attention to detail lol, shouldnt need a confirm screen, its your own fault.

What a stupid response. I get that it's my fault, I even acknowledged it in the post but ANYONE could be focusing on something else at the moment of a purchase that doesn't allow you to fully comprehend what you are doing, listening to music, watching a movie, talking to someone or just straight-up thinking about something can easily take your attention away from what you are doing. It shouldn't have to result in someone writing a whole request and then someone else having to read and fix said request when it could easily be prevented with a "confirm screen" as you call it.

1 hour ago, Blu4Lyf3 said:

What a stupid response. I get that it's my fault, I even acknowledged it in the post but ANYONE could be focusing on something else at the moment of a purchase that doesn't allow you to fully comprehend what you are doing, listening to music, watching a movie, talking to someone or just straight-up thinking about something can easily take your attention away from what you are doing. It shouldn't have to result in someone writing a whole request and then someone else having to read and fix said request when it could easily be prevented with a "confirm screen" as you call it.

If you were making a transaction at a bank and the teller made a mistake with your money.... and used what you just said as the reasoning for said mistake....would you be ok with that?

I guess you will have to just pay attention more next time, now that you have learned your lesson.  Does DE have to put a confirmation screen everywhere because of people who are not paying attention might accidentally buy or sell something?  I feel your pain as I have bought things that I didnt really want to because of my clicking to fast, which is no ones fault but my own.  Look at the bright side, all your primary weapons will have a shiny new arcane adapter now.

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

If you were making a transaction at a bank and the teller made a mistake with your money.... and used what you just said as the reasoning for said mistake....would you be ok with that?

Not the same at all since YOU are the one that made the mistake NOT someone else, like the bank teller! A for effort, but no.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

What in the absolute... you really thought you did something there? Is common sense not a thing anymore or was it just a mistake to post this when the Americans are up and awake? What I am saying is, even though I said it's my fault, it's still too easy of a mistake to make to not have like a "hey, you are about to put all of your credits, platinum, steel essence, vitus essence or whatever into this thing that you don't need too much of, are you sure you want to continue?" warning when you press the "maximum amount" button. I can even remember, I knew I messed up, I legit looked at it go up to 64, but my muscle memory went straight to purchase, and I find it ridiculous that there is not a warning after pressing the "maximum amount" because like I said before, when and why would anyone put all of their credits, platinum or whatever into one thing? It doesn't even have to be like a typing confirmation like with the helminth system and the valence fusion, just a warning that you can't accept within two or three seconds or something.

13 minutes ago, Blu4Lyf3 said:

Is common sense not a thing anymore

Was common sense ever a thing? It is a strange argument for you to make though - common sense would dictate that you would check you were happy with what you were getting before accepting. 

Where do you draw the line with a system like the one you are suggesting though? Would you have been happy with 63 instead of 64? You still loose all your essence. It is also easy to double tap a number key when typing, would 22 have also been better for you? I guess what I am getting at is just how useless it would be to only apply when you are buying the max amount. Buying the wrong amount is annoying, regardless of if it is the maximum or not.

• Also note that for a new player sometimes the max amount they can afford is what they actually need, say one of something. How annoying would an “are you sure you are sure?” prompt be for them?

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

Was common sense ever a thing? It is a strange argument for you to make though - common sense would dictate that you would check you were happy with what you were getting before accepting. 

Where do you draw the line with a system like the one you are suggesting though? Would you have been happy with 63 instead of 64? You still loose all your essence. It is also easy to double tap a number key when typing, would 22 have also been better for you? I guess what I am getting at is just how useless it would be to only apply when you are buying the max amount. Buying the wrong amount is annoying, regardless of if it is the maximum or not.

• Also note that for a new player sometimes the max amount they can afford is what they actually need, say one of something. How annoying would an “are you sure you are sure?” prompt be for them?

I would take full blame if I were to purchase after having typed in the wrong amount as opposed to what I would have liked, I have had it happen before that I have typed the wrong thing but it is incredibly easy to notice that, and therefore change it. But there is a very easily miss-clickable button next to a button where the difference is I find it too extreme to not at least have a warning (or a bigger gap between them) because like I said before, it's muscle memory for me and most definitely others (at least on PC, with a mouse) to go straight to purchase after pressing in the amount I want, I just so happened to miss-click that button. You make a fair point with the most amount someone can afford is what they need but I'm not saying to have a warning every single time you're wasting everything you have on one thing, just after you press for the maximum amount, if I were a new player, I would definitely appreciate it if the game reminded me that I was actually about to waste all of my credits (even if I wanted and needed to) on synthesis scanners for example, better to be safe than sorry. You say it would be useless to only have a prompt when you press for the maximum amount but I find that to be complete nonsense since it's too easy of a miss-click (at least on PC) and you can't accidentally press the add one button multiple times to where you don't want that many. I'm not great at getting my point across but all I'm asking for is either the two buttons to have a bit of a gap between them or have a little timed prompt that you can cancel the nanosecond it pops up or wait a few seconds to be able to accept it, just to be safe. 

Maybe that final "Are you sure?", etc.  prompt could be a toggle in the options as a failsafe for those who want an extra bit of safety before spending all the currency they're using. That way it wouldn't need to be there for everyone.

• When it shows up, it may have a 3-second countdown like for trades / Valence fusion, listing all of what you're about to spend and receive. That's to help ensure the user has time to read it over.

If it shows up, then on the flipside it could also say in parenthesis that it can be toggled off in the options? Although I'm not sure whether it should only occur via pressing the max amount button, or just manually reaching the most you can spend at one time. Just a bit of food for thought.

17 hours ago, Blu4Lyf3 said:

then you probably shouldn't be making purchases if your distracted. wanna know a stupid response? complaining for making a mistake thats on you and no one else. Then bltching about it when someone tells you point blank the answer and because you dont like the answer you whine like a child. 

25 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

One thing that could be done is to not put the +1 & +Max  Buttons so Close together...

That's what I was talking about in the post above, making a bigger gap between them so they are not as miss-clickable, I wouldn't mind that at all and I can't see why people are so incredibly against making changes around this, absolutely baffling.

6 minutes ago, PatrioticEagle said:

then you probably shouldn't be making purchases if your distracted. wanna know a stupid response? complaining for making a mistake thats on you and no one else. Then bltching about it when someone tells you point blank the answer and because you dont like the answer you whine like a child. 

Absolutely baffling.

11 minutes ago, Blu4Lyf3 said:

That's what I was talking about in the post above, making a bigger gap between them so they are not as miss-clickable, I wouldn't mind that at all and I can't see why people are so incredibly against making changes around this, absolutely baffling.

It's the internet.... I don't bother with these people and add them to my Ignore Filter as soon as it's clear they don't understand Human Behaviour....

Edit:

I just checked now... Only 30 People are in my filter.... I thought I would be longer 🤔

I would suggest DE get rid of those arrows and allow us to input numbers instad. Do you understand how hard it is to get a specific amount value on console? Press the arrow, the counter jumps by 1, seconds later jumps by 10, more time pass jumps by 100, oops you went too far, go to decrease it by the same rules. It takes me literaly five minutes to input 465 plat value.

43 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

I would suggest DE get rid of those arrows and allow us to input numbers instad. Do you understand how hard it is to get a specific amount value on console? Press the arrow, the counter jumps by 1, seconds later jumps by 10, more time pass jumps by 100, oops you went too far, go to decrease it by the same rules. It takes me literaly five minutes to input 465 plat value.

That needs changing, ridiculous.

So whenever you're making a transaction, you specifically want to see a face pop up & ask you the following:

Are You Sure About That John Cena GIF by MOODMAN

Right? I mean, people tend to pay more attention to memes than just walls of text. Hey, I'm all for funny memes being implemented in-game. It doesn't even have to be John Cena, it could be John Prodman instead. In fact, let's go with that, we need more John Prodman anyways.

8 hours ago, Blu4Lyf3 said:

You say it would be useless to only have a prompt when you press for the maximum amount but I find that to be complete nonsense since it's too easy of a miss-click (at least on PC) and you can't accidentally press the add one button multiple times to where you don't want that many

But that comes back to how much you can afford. If you can only afford one more than you want it is easy to accidentally hit ‘+1’ once too many times, especially if you are in a hurry/not paying attention.

I am not against an opt-in system for this, but at least make it useful. To me it seems more logical to have an option for “warn when spending more than X% of any total resource”. You’d still get your extra check, and people that make all the other mistakes could also have some form of protection (if they had it on).

3 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

I would think having both as options would work best. I don’t know how hard typing numbers on a console is though, so if it is really easy there may be no point - just have typing.

These type of situations were somewhat a casualty of designing and launching on one platform and adapting to the subsequent systems. I do not know if the test clusters brought it to light, or an occasional complaint from people like me always seeking ways to get their important point acted on. I first noticed this when PC players would constantly reply and did not  understand a word of what your saying, or think it is superfluous or ridiculous. 

Anyhow, I have noticed these situations being addressed on playstation and fixed :: chef's kiss::

** But, HOW about swapping shoulders in a tight aim???

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots?

Archived