Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proper Utilization Of Elemental Mods

Zenn

Question

People keep going about certain mods are are good and which are cheap, but this isn't the way to be thought of. These mods give pros and cons to various situations. Each one will be explained in certain situations, giving a better idea about them.

Fire Mods

These mods are common and usefull for almost all types. However, Infest type enemies, like the Ancients, fire has little effect. Fire damages over time and may provide a openning for a charged attack. But most enemies ignore the flames and can still attack you reguardless of fire mods, even though on levels where the ship is damaged, they walk into it and they die in a few seconds -_-

Electrify Mods

Electrify Mods are another commonly used mod. Unlike fire mods, Electric mods can actaully have a chance on stunning enemies. Similar to fire mods, but with their own perks, higher the count, more chance of a stun.

Ice Mods

Theres alot of misconceptions about ice mods. Its a mod not used quite as often as Electric and Fire based. Without realizing it, it is one of the more effective against Infested, since they rely speed. It is effective against most enemies, making them walk slower and giving some breathing room to maneuver.

Each mod gives something to certain players. Whether its dealing with massive numbers of hostiles or taking them out one by one. Dont dismiss abilities cause you believe theyre cheap or for "noobs". Time to think idealy and not throughing it aside based on assumptions. Have fun out there.

Edited by Zenn

5 answers to this question

You should also mention the damage bonus or penalties each element gets. While you're at it, might as well add Armour Piercing to complete the list since it is an element (mechanics-wise).

PS, Freeze death animations are badass.

Well, I was focusing on Elemental Mods. All other mods are based on preference, such as I perfer Damage and Range upgrades over Stun. Its the elemental ones that people dont quite get fully, their functions and what theyre good for.

I'm sorry, but this is rather funny to me. Misguided, but funny. For one, fire mods are hardly common, and their only advantage is to deal double damage to Infected and stagger said faction. All in all, probably something left only to your melee weapon. As for electricity damage, it only "stuns" Corpus crewmen and is otherwise a rather poor choice for filling a mod slot, dealing double damage to the already weak MOAs. And then, finally, you claim that freezing damage mods (not "ice") are not used as often as the other two. Well, I'm here to tell you that you're very, very wrong. Besides armour piercing mods, freezing mods the second most useful damage stat in the game, and the only "elemental" stat likely to be on most any weapon, you know, seeing as it slows pretty much every single NPC/mob, including some bosses. Not to mention that it does double damage to shields and nothing is particularly resistant to it.

I hope I don't come off as sounding rude, but it would probably be a good idea to familiarize yourself with such things a little more before attempting to make a "guide" like this, as simple and lighthearted as it may be.

No, not rude. Im basing it on the number of Players I see with fire and electri mods. few ice users out there. Also there's not real system layed out for DPS(Damage Per Second) and other factors in the game for a stat on that item. A issue that needs to be fixed.