Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave will need a serious overhaul if we hope to see an influx of players again

(PSN)Dubufu

Just some background: I used to be a part of the conclave discord and have been playing conclave for the past 4 years regularly and got to rank typhoon legitimately. I used to thoroughly enjoy it, but now It's mostly just a past-time and my skills have diminished...not that those skills were ever valued. I stopped playing because the sniper aimglide console meta made pvp incredibly stale and boring, making gunfights a game of russian roulette. Anyways, nobody cares about that bit, i'm a nobody, whatever.

Conclave needs serious changes if it ever hopes to bring in a large influx of players.

I have been sifting through forum posts seeing dedicated conclave players often disregard this sentiment in favor of smaller fixes.

These are good intentions, but ultimately won't solve anything and will only satisfy the existing playerbase...which isn't a lot.

The truth is -- and I have seen nobody willing to admit this yet but -- Conclave isn't friendly to the casual player. It's not even friendly to the more hardcore player. The naturally jittery and fast paced nature does not appeal to them regardless of exploit fixes and matchmaking changes. They do not see it as the "skilled" mode the veterans claim it to be. It's an incredibly exploitive and tedious gameplay experience.

99% of players threw Conclave away a long time ago, and it wasn't simply because of bad balancing. We would be lying to ourselves if that was the only reason.

This isn't to say a low player population is bad, or that a dedicated playerbase is bad, but rather the attitude towards conclave is pretty clear, especially when it's currently VERY popular to exploit matchmaking to get Conclave challenges done among friends and even randoms, and the fact that this is considered "normal" and "respectable" among the general playerbase.

If Conclave ever hopes to see a large influx of players, it needs to be re-imagined. I'm not qualified to say how, but I will say that movement really needs to be toned down in the process.

Simple fixes won't change anything, as conclave has garnered and marinated a reputation for being a "joke" for 4 years, and the core gameplay itself has proven to be unfavorable by the masses. 

And please; it's no longer toxic to say Conclave is dead. Let's be realistic here. A relatively small discord split among three platforms and several regions doesn't change that. The average player shouldn't have to resort to region switching, waiting for peak hours, recruit-chat begging, or seeking out out-sourced methods to find a match. It's dead.

conclave just need 3 things

_being able to play solo the remaining spot filled with BOTS even in teamu VS

_Skills set :forget bout your frame skill and select from few preset skills>>> defnsive, tank, spy,Healer ,warrior and what not Any new skills created for conclave should be added in hellminth system with buffed stats

_Allow only 3 exilus mods per frame (no primed mod allowed, in short no Prime sure footed)

7 hours ago, Myscho said:

Conclave is dead and it will stay dead, even DE stop put resources into it

Regardless I would like to have it massively changed so that players who wouldn't otherwise play conclave could have a tangible way of getting conclave loot like skins and various mods.

The point of this post isn't to bash Conclave (The community does that plenty enough) but rather to say "Hey, this failed experiment needs to end, let's try something new please."

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

Yeah cause balancing all the pve content for pvp is definitely a wise use of dev time and viable. Oof.

i actually mean no mods balancing anymore just no mods for weapons at all

but exilus that dont require much balance

also i am fine if they make all current conclave mods exilus for pve

It would require set loadouts, frames and all with no mods equipped to stay serious and not just be the 3 conclave veterans who want to bully the random player passing by. The player can have no choice and all cheesy tactics must be made impossible for it to ever come back with any reasonable playerbase. The few times I played it when I still played before they screwed the whole game up for me and alot of other veterans all we did was boost for challenges because it was so easy to do and all anybody except the tryhards did. I doubt it has changed much personally and if people are already cheating to get the rewards then they may as well just distribute them in PvE instead and leave it a true husk of a game mode XD. I guess you would have the die hards who stick around but they would be happy to because no more boosters in lobbies, EVERYBODY WINS!

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Zweimander said:

It would require set loadouts, frames and all with no mods equipped to stay serious and not just be the 3 conclave veterans who want to bully the random player passing by. The player can have no choice and all cheesy tactics must be made impossible for it to ever come back with any reasonable playerbase. The few times I played it when I still played before they screwed the whole game up for me and alot of other veterans all we did was boost for challenges because it was so easy to do and all anybody except the tryhards did. I doubt it has changed much personally and if people are already cheating to get the rewards then they may as well just distribute them in PvE instead and leave it a true husk of a game mode XD. I guess you would have the die hards who stick around but they would be happy to because no more boosters in lobbies, EVERYBODY WINS!

Yeah in all my time playing conclave, the "elite" veterans have been the most toxic, mind-numbingly delusional people I have ever had the displeasure of speaking to.

They don't care is the mode is dead and it takes them 2 hours to find a match.

They don't care if they prey on new players.

Hell, they don't even care if they harass and emote players for just trying to get standing.

They want everybody gone, that's the point, so they can pretend that this mode is only for "skilled" people when in reality all they did is drive people out with overpowered and exploitive loadouts in a mode so horribly flawed.

Those people have no say in the future of conclave even if such a thing were to exist. For now, boosting standing is a respectable practice.

Archived