Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo QoL Improvements Part 3

[DE]Helen

2 minutes ago, (PSN)RobKcmo said:

Star light is nightmare

Im referring to the polychrome lighting settings breaking over time when transitioning between rooms. its a very odd bug to really define accurately, but sometimes the last room adds its lighting to the current one.

example; 

This is all very nice.
But I just have a few questions.
When can we expect a "contribute to all room decorations option" and "orbiter landing craft segments as dojo decorations" being added to the game?
Because I believe these simple two things would bring a lot of life into Dojos and astronomically reduce room decorating time.

The auto-contribute options only fixes some contribution problems in the Dojo.
A few days ago I spent two to three hours contributing to unfinished decorations in just one big room.

O and can we please say goodbye to the red-zones in the drydock.

Thank you for this wonderfull update!

1 minute ago, (PSN)Wolf_von_Saturn said:
This is all very nice.
But I just have a few questions.
When can we expect a "contribute to all room decorations option" and "orbiter landing craft segments as dojo decorations" being added to the game?
Because I believe these simple two things would bring a lot of life into Dojos and astronomically reduce room decorating time.

The auto-contribute options only fixes some contribution problems in the Dojo.
A few days ago I spent two to three hours contributing to unfinished decorations in just one big room.

O and can we please say goodbye to the red-zones in the drydock.

Thank you for this wonderfull update!

Yeah I spent about 1hr last nite funding stuff. Nightmare...

15 minutes ago, Oorel said:

Im referring to the polychrome lighting settings breaking over time when transitioning between rooms. its a very odd bug to really define accurately, but sometimes the last room adds its lighting to the current one.

example; 

Yea, this bug has been persisting for about a year now. It's even worse on PS5 where dojo shadows and lighting is often completely absent from the game.

18 minutes ago, Oorel said:

example; 

Yeah that too Vash covered that in a video you go from room to room and the lighting keeps the light from the last room that's an even bigger nightmare! LOL I also thanks for your help and putting these errors out there! I might need to stop by your channel! Later

Quick question, 

Can we please donate articula (Profit Taker) to the Dojo as well as reducing their capacity cost please? This would be an awesome change for people who love running the orb mother fights or eidolons as you can quickly stock up on articulas from the event with no way of using them beyond 20 since that is the limit you can have in your orbiter.

Side note: the arrival gate will be amazing to use, first thing I am doing after deconstructing nearly everything in my dojo to make it work is to put my spawn gate next top navigation with the door leading out to the Dry Dock. 

Thanks for these changes! What about the "fund and construct all" button that you talked about last year? Is that coming? Or is there a logistical problem that is preventing that?

On 2021-11-01 at 5:47 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Introducing the Arrival Gate

You now control where Tenno spawn in your Dojo! Place an Arrival Gate and Tenno will appear in that very spot when they visit. Dojos without an Arrival Gate will default to the current spawn system.

Woohoo! Starlight Market, here I come!

Introducing Basic and Advanced Mode

This is great. I will personally be swapping between these modes frequently, depending on whether I'm bulk placing or fine-tuning.

Controller Binding Changes

Wowzers. I'm a little anxious about this change. On the surface, it looks like a big improvement and more intuitive. We'll have to see how it plays out.

All Decorations Are Now Scalable

In the past, only Dojo Decorations have been scalable. You can now scale Personal Decorations too! From Dojos to Orbiters, Tenno can customize decoration sizes.

Yay!!! I'm totally going to try breaking my orbiter :crylaugh: This is going to be a lot of fun experimenting!

54 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

This function is built into the Clan Vault! Check "Auto Contribute From Vault" and Resources in your Vault will automatically be contributed to every Decoration you place as you decorate. Screenshot attached! 👇

Untitled.png

What about the "fund all" button? BTW thank you again for the "Preview Decorations" button! It is a life saver! 😻

43 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

We've definitely had conversations about this! I don't have anything official to share yet, but we see room for improvement when it comes to reconstructing Dojo layouts.

Thank you. Looking forward to this too 😸

9 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

What about the "fund all" button? BTW thank you again for the "Preview Decorations" button! It is a life saver! 😻

Thank you. Looking forward to this too 😸

I'm doing advanced building and stuff like that you don't want to Auto fund rooms and things because sometimes I need to be redone or repositioned and also it makes putting stuff together easier when it's unfunded sometimes an auto fund screws that up! So it would be nice to fund everything when you're finished! Thanks for your continued efforts on this issue! 😺

Great news, especially exited for personal decoration scaling.

Some suggestions for dojo:

• an option to directly replace an existing dojo room with an analogous one (same size and door amount) without the need to demolish every connected room (i.e. replace Grand Hall with Starlight Market).
  • an option to "store" (save) at least one room complete with decoration layout and colour scheme so it could be rebuild elsewhere in dojo.

Having deleted my Dojo when the Dojo QoL Part 2 was announced a year ago, to better prepare for the arrival of additions and NPCs, I see that they are still not announced.

One question : Can I start to redecorate my Dojo, or should I pay attention to, for example, NPC capacity ? (the rooms being very small in capacity) this kind of thing. I would hate to have to remove half of a room to add 2 NPCs.

Thanks for advancement !

Most welcome additions.

I'm still somewhat new to dojo decorating, having created my own clan in the summer. What little I've done decorating, I'm a bit bugged by every decoration having a tiny collision point somewhere in them that isn't allowed to clip inside other decorations. It makes decorating very tedious and calculation-requiring on occasion, especially if I'm constructing something bigger. There's been times when I've accidentally moved a piece from the middle of a larger construct and then had trouble placing the piece back due to said collider blocking the push/pull function. Could there be an option to toggle this collider off and on as needed? Excluding room edges of course, so decorations aren't lost to the void.

Spoiler

KrMyQht.png

sRBe1L5.gif

Little detail that does deserve mentioning, to make more out of this amazing development, is that display posters will require decimal inputs greater than just the 2 digits we're currently allowed (.00 - .99), they need to be 3 digits (like tributa sculptures) or even 4 digits (.000 - .999 or .0000 - .9999) as we've currently lost the ability to be pixel perfect with display posters currently.

But this is all very exciting and fantastic and great and all those other adjectives.

2 hours ago, (PSN)RobKcmo said:

Auto fund rooms

The screenshot shown by Helen was regarding the source pools of resources when donating. When you try to construct something, if the one donating has "Treasurer" permissions, then the resources will be consumed from the dojo vault first - then your personal pool second. I'm sure you already know that.

What I was asking about was a button similar to the Preview Decorations button. It does not auto-build each item you place, as you place it. It will simply fund every non-funded decoration in that room, at the time of activation. For rooms with literally hundreds of items, I'm sure you can see the benefit in that. Also DE already promised to develop it a long time ago in a previous Workshop.

As a fellow decorator, I agree that having an "auto-fund" function would be counter productive and frustrating.

Why changes to the controller bindings¿

Like Cam facing from R1 to Square. Whoau….what a improvement….

You know something¿ Well, learn it again. We dont know why, but its better….

There are other things who help new Players too. Like a fixed Waypoint. More then that - it will help everyone. 

For the moment its not sounds too great for me. 

A few changes sounds good (if they work), others looks totaly unnecessary. 

2021/11/2 AM5点47分 , [DE]Helen 说:

All Decorations Are Now Scalable

In the past, only Dojo Decorations have been scalable. You can now scale Personal Decorations too! From Dojos to Orbiters, Tenno can customize decoration sizes.

giphy.gif

I hope that the attachments of warframe can be customized in size and position like Decorations.

OHH I FORGOT ANOTHER THING TO MENTION EVEN THOUGH IM SUPER HAPPY ABOUT ALL OF THIS!

ITS ALSO FEEDBACK YOU MIGHT'VE ALREADY RECEIVED BEFORE BUT I MUST INSIST!

The Architect™ role comes with some very important powers, powers that don't necessarily have to be tied together, especially since no other role combines so many at once.

An Architect can do the following:
1. Add or delete dojo rooms.
(Should be a separate role called Dojo Architect)
2. Edit room console text. (Should be given to Herald or Dojo Decorator)
3. Control which dojo rooms to spawn in. (Should be given to Herald or Dojo Decorator)
4. Control the skybox of dojo rooms that have a skybox option. (Should be given to Dojo Decorator)
5. Reset Obstacle Course Architect High Scores. (Should be a separate role called Course Architect)
6. Clear Obstacle Course Architect Decorations. (Should be a separate role called Course Architect)

(Separately, the ability to decorate an Obstacle Course Architect room should have it's own role called Course Architect)

I think some of these powers should be divided and distributed so that the ability to destroy or remake a dojo isn't tied to anything else.

23 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

As a fellow decorator, I agree that having an "auto-fund" function would be counter productive and frustrating.

Good callout.  I hadn't looked closely enough at the screenshot.  Having things funded as they're placed would not be very helpful most of the time for more advanced decorating.  

Archived