Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo QoL Improvements Part 3

[DE]Helen

On 2021-11-01 at 5:47 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Introducing the Arrival Gate

You now control where Tenno spawn in your Dojo! Place an Arrival Gate and Tenno will appear in that very spot when they visit. Dojos without an Arrival Gate will default to the current spawn system.

Does the addition of the Arrival Gate fix the 2 year old bug where players spawn into Dry Docks?

On 2021-11-01 at 2:47 PM, [DE]Helen said:

All Decorations Are Now Scalable

In the past, only Dojo Decorations have been scalable. You can now scale Personal Decorations too! From Dojos to Orbiters, Tenno can customize decoration sizes.

YEEEEES!

I've been wanting that for so long!

Going to make a Iron-Man Style room showing off real-sized Warframe Articulas!

Only reason I harp on architect power redistribution so much is that clan owners like mine are very wary of giving room deletion powers; for good reason, they want to protect their dojo.

But the other powers aren't even in the same league of destructive potential. Room addition and subtraction is the equivalent of a Thanos snap. Being able to change the skybox, or change spawn, or edit room console text, or even the obstacle course stuff is not anywhere near as disruptive or destructive, and they're more relevant to the dojo decorator role than architect for any given room that could use a particular skybox or clan lore to tie with what has been decorated. If those extra architect powers become their own roles, I'm okay with that too.

Anyway, that's the end of my extra emphasis on that topic.

6 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

YEEEEES!

I've been wanting that for so long!

Going to make a Iron-Man Style room showing off real-sized Warframe Articulas!

That surprised me as well! Perhaps you could even do the same with a Necramech decoration (I remember getting one for TennoCon 2020), hypothetically.

There's a few things in my Orbiter I'd like to place, but can't due to the shelf sizes (I like to work with what the Personal Quarters room has to offer); So that'll really help. Regarding Articula, I hope they will be donatable to the Dojo as well; I've got roughly a dozen Profit Taker Articula that I can donate to the Dojo if that was allowed too.

• I thought of a couple of ideas for all of them is all :)

Hm, actually with that you could go from just the single Arsenal area to a full-blown in-person Armory, showing each of your loadouts in one big room!

6 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

This function is built into the Clan Vault! Check "Auto Contribute From Vault" and Resources in your Vault will automatically be contributed to every Decoration you place as you decorate. Screenshot attached! 👇

Untitled.png

Yes, I am sure everyone is aware, but we still need an option to contribute to all currently placed decorations in a set room instead of having to manually contribute to each and every single placed piece once decorations are placed without auto contribute.

I read about that auto contribute and was wondering, it would be nice if you could save the decoration blueprint you are working towards and go farm the materials needed and when you return to the Dojo, have a prompt saying something along the lines of "Auto Contribute All For (Insert decoration name here)? In my opinion, it would be a nice touch.

Appreciate the updates!

On top of this, I would like to know will the actions/functions below be possible in coming update? (I just start playing with Dojo Deco, hehe😆)

1. Scalable Atmosphere type of Deco (i.e. currently not all can be rescaled, make it bigger will definitely make the room design even cooler!)

Spoiler

For example:-

Bigger Fire

WJ2AOMB.jpg

Bigger Electric/Plasma Cloud:

sqFct2m.jpg

2. Able to move crafted/funded Decorations to another room (i.e. like what we do in decorating Orbiter, store it to clan's Inventory then move out from there)

3. A list/table view on current's room Decoration, to check out all the existing Decorations inside the room, so we can check which is funded (then directly funding from the list/table) and which is not, 'cause sometimes when on a whim in the midst of decorating may have some decorations overlapped each others which makes some decorations hard to target to contribute resources, or perhaps some others who only contribute resources after placing all the decorations.

(i.e. together with Build Time, Filter[crafted, fully funded/not fully funded, or etc.])

18 hours ago, VoidArkhangel said:

Please put noclip mode for decorations on advanced settings

Why aren't more people asking for that? Clipping is borderline necessary for good decoration and the current way to do it is incredibly janky and clearly unintended. It should be easy, but it's not.

Those changes are nice. I especially like the possibilitys now. As a suggestion if we now differ between beginner and expert mode. How about if you switch to expert mode ALL restrictions are removed? No Camera Collission, No Object Collision. Wanna fly outside and place stuff in the Skybox? Sure why not! No red Zones. If you block interactable stuff its your problem if you break stuff thats what expert mode is for. Y

Thing is i watched a lot of videos about decorations. You can already outmaneuver most restrictions by moving and item a certain way or get outside a room through collision holes.

So people are already placing stuff in places they shouldn't but it is tedious because most processes are like "angle the object at a 23° angle shift it 35 cm to the left sacrifice a virgin in a vulcano get elected president in your country and return into glory to place one object inside another"

13 hours ago, DrLego said:

Only reason I harp on architect power redistribution so much is that clan owners like mine are very wary of giving room deletion powers; for good reason, they want to protect their dojo.

But the other powers aren't even in the same league of destructive potential. Room addition and subtraction is the equivalent of a Thanos snap. Being able to change the skybox, or change spawn, or edit room console text, or even the obstacle course stuff is not anywhere near as disruptive or destructive, and they're more relevant to the dojo decorator role than architect for any given room that could use a particular skybox or clan lore to tie with what has been decorated. If those extra architect powers become their own roles, I'm okay with that too.

Anyway, that's the end of my extra emphasis on that topic.

It is separate! You give them decorator privileges and maybe treasure but not architect that allows them to destroy rooms. You only give architect the people that you know aren't idiots and won't destroy crap you pre-built just the stuff they goof up on I've only given it to two people that know what they're doing.

-Please add a no-clip mode for camera and decorations

-Please allow setting light levels for decoration as currently entire sections of many halls turn the decoration into diffrent shades

-Please increase the possible size scale for decorations, many especially vallis decorations are ginormous and despite their coolness hard to use

-Please allow us to mirror decorations, not mirror placement. There are many "irregular" decorations which could be better used if their reverse part existed

Changes look great we have come a great distance since being forced to use buddha heads for angle placement *shudder*

On 2021-11-04 at 4:51 PM, [DE]Helen said:

We've definitely had conversations about this! I don't have anything official to share yet, but we see room for improvement when it comes to reconstructing Dojo layouts.

Maybe dojo QOL part 4?

If I could just disconnect a room and move it around and reconnect it somewhere else (we've got space tugboats, right?) while keeping all its decorations intact, that would make re-doing the dojo layout a lot more feasible. You could keep the same rules as for destroying a room (nothing else connected), and while it's disconnected it can be shown in the "create room" UI, to keep things simple.

For context, I liked my dojo layout, and then you added the dry dock and some other big rooms, and now I'm itching to re-do it all, but having to wait a bit for room destruction, much longer for room creation, and then having to put the decorations1 back, times a lot of rooms ... it's just not fun.

1) and I don't even have that many decorations, but I finally got their placement "just so"

Archived