Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Player Experience Dev Workshop!

[DE]Zach

I really like these changes. A lot of them are pretty minor, but will undoubtedly make a big impact for new players. I hope this trend of adjusting older content continues.

As a side note, another Junction requirement that new players seem to struggle with a lot is finding 3 Cephalon Fragments on Mars. It's quite hard and tedious to find them without any Loot Radar mods. On top of that, Thief's Wit isn't available before Deimos and Loot Detector isn't always available through Nightwave, if players even think about using those mods. Maybe this challenge could be adjusted as well?

On 2021-11-02 at 11:52 AM, [DE]Zach said:

Howl of The Kubrow Quest Changes

Next up are changes for the ‘Howl of the Kubrow’ Quest! For new players, we are changing the Kubrow Egg drop rate to be 100% from the first Kubrow Den. This change will only affect New Tenno playing the quest for the first time, and does not affect Kubrow Egg drop rates outside of the quest. We are also shortening the survival mission within the quest from 10 minutes to 5 minutes! 

I'd also consider removing the argon crystal requirement from the next stage of the quest, where the incubator comes into play: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Howl_of_the_Kubrow#Incubate_and_mature_a_Kubrow_using_the_Incubator

Let them use a resource found on the first 3 planets instead of requiring things from the void. I think there's something similar going on with the archwing launcher, because when I restarted on PC it was actually a lot quicker and easier to side-step quests for a k-drive instead.

These are some fairly welcome changes. I hope you keep up with them in the future.

A lot of the issues pertain to simple information overflow that new players experience. Couple things that could be addressed:

- Introduction to modding. The mod console is just kind of thrown in the player's face and doesn't really explain itself. It's also a little deceiving when actual modding takes place in the arsenal. I've met new players who didn't even know you can add mods in the arsenal. If anything, make at least the "info" button blink or open the first time these are opened. It hides in the bottom corner and is missed by most.

- Cetus/PoE might be introduced too soon, or needs at least a better explanation for its role in the game. I've often met new players in the lowest bounty who are confused and also discouraged by the difficulty, as the enemies even in the lowest bounty are 10 levels higher than on earth nodes. Bounties are generally too high level to throw a new player into, and the fact is they won't be doing them for a while. It is also misdirecting, as many seem to expect Cetus to somehow guide them forward in the game, when in reality they just need to return to Orbiter and find their way to Venus and onwards.

-I hope the Tenno Guide points towards junctions. Planetary progression is the bread and butter of the early game, and it would be beneficial to incentivize it in some way, like somehow introducing the planet's boss and giving some lore reason to do missions there. It could help with tying together some of the lore, like why you're hacking Ambulases, or why you're facing Kela de Thaym in a gladiator arena. The background of many bosses is lost to those who never experienced the events related to them, myself included. At this point in time you have like 2+ years worth of players having these lore confusions.

4 hours ago, Hiskus said:

Don't need compensation for these changes. Don't listen to the greedy and lazy.

I spent half of last week grinding to get a Necramech if not longer and only finished crafting it about 2 days ago. Compensation is necessary to compensate for lost time. As a new player myself, losing all that time and then being screwed over within days is outrageous.

Kinda psyched for the Necramech changes. My jaw absolutely dropped playing as Snake in the quest, it was so fun. I was really disheartened for a while cuz I felt like it was going to take a million years to get my own 'mech :( So, maybe it'll only take idk like a decade or something now.

2 hours ago, Ramflare said:

Bring back some of the old events that introduce characters such as alad V would be appreciated. I'm a fairly long time player but I'm jealous of the content I've missed.

I second this request! The first time I farmed Trinity, I had no clue who Fraud Bek or Ergo Glast was. I didn't know who was a good guy or bad guy and I was forced to wiki it. I now know that that both Ergo and Fraud are bad guys.

Also, even though I have been playing for literal years, I only just learned a few months ago that Darvo is the son of Fraud.

Fun fact : did you know that Nef Anyo used to be The Sargeant boss? I guess he got a promotion or a transfer, I mean what boss would enjoy being killed over-and-over hundreds of times per day?

I have a little bit of trouble with seeing the impact of the Amp changes, as, in the current state of the game, it is mainly the syndicate leveling that makes Amps a pain point. The best scaffold is gated behind rank 4 of a syndicate that is itself gated behind rank 5 of one of the worst grinds in the game (exiting after the first step of a bounty for a few hours to get debt bonds is not engaging). Additionally gating so many of the good Amp parts behind Vox Solaris is kinda awkward since you don't actually need a good amp for the Orbs or really anything other than Eidolons. That's 2+ weeks of maxing rep (at mastery 12) to go back to earth and do eidolons better, and that's assuming the player didn't just quit the game because they found out what a pain point debt bonds were.

I recommend removing the mastery rank 8 requirement for the helminth segment, but keeping the mastery rank 8 requirement for the invigoration segment. If new players can experience necramechs and amps, it's weird to lock out an important orbiter function like the helminth segment too at the bare minimum. They should be given the chance to experiment with warframe ability swaps if they so choose to do so, and if they want to stretch their resources thin, they should be allowed the choice. The helminth segment also helps with new player experience by working as a type of catalogue of warframes to farm throughout the origin system while they are going through their own journey of quests and quest order. If we're increasing accessibility across the board, the helminth segment should be a part of that I think. Getting to Rank 3 with the Entrati should be qualification enough that players know what they're doing and how to spend their resources wisely.

The invigoration segment on the other hand should be a reward for progressing through the game with warframes, necramechs, amps, and weapons, and it pairs well with arbitrations, the steel path, profit taker, eidolons, sanctuary onslaught, etc.

7 hours ago, Jalepino_Joe said:

Im very glad to see these changes and hope that people wont be scared off quite as quickly anymore. I generally think vey hek is kind of a stupid fight, that isnt intuitive at all and needs a rework, but so do most bosses imo (jackal rework was fantastic btw). If your goal is to make progression more fluid and thats why youre removing the prosecutor requirement, please remove the specter crafting requirement from the europa junction or reduce the specter crafting time. Getting home from work/school, making it to jupiter and wanting to progress but then seeing even if you play for a while and complete all the nodes and other requirements, you still need to wait 8 hours to actually continue is dumb. Also, rhino needs to attention the heat sword is getting. He is obtained from mercury but you need plastids (which require saturn) to actually get him. Hes a very basic tank frame and very nice to have, his crafting should not be locked behind completing half the star chart.

The plastids for rhino are actually obtainable much earlier than saturn, on Phobos in small quantities, or, since the derelicts were moved to mars, from deimos nodes as well. It was a great change for new players I think many people didnt notice, since that also gives acess to nano spores and mutagens way earlier than saturn

Le 02/11/2021 à 16:52, [DE]Zach a dit :

Next up are changes for the ‘Howl of the Kubrow’ Quest! For new players, we are changing the Kubrow Egg drop rate to be 100% from the first Kubrow Den. This change will only affect New Tenno playing the quest for the first time, and does not affect Kubrow Egg drop rates outside of the quest. We are also shortening the survival mission within the quest from 10 minutes to 5 minutes! 

Again, these changes are rooted in our goals to have new Tenno prepare for future battles without being hung up on outdated progression!

Good news, will make game experience less grindy ! ^^

All those changes goes in the right step but I want to point the kavat too, just my 2 cents ;)

from all the companions it's certainly one that need a lot (maybe the most ImO) of grind with imprints and we all know how getting kavat scan can be painfull,

I had to scan like 200+ kavat to get enough imprints to build the segment and breed 2 kavats.

A couple spawn per mission and something Ircc like 20% to get an imprint from scan, more can spawn with a full team but hard to build a "kavat scan" team and in public others tenno will slaugther them with all our arsenal of AoE weapons we have now :D

kavat segment need imprints and breeding a kavat too, would be nice to have some QoL improvements here too.

Goob job with those changes !

On 2021-11-02 at 4:52 PM, [DE]Zach said:

Amp Recipe Reductions

This change is two fold: reduced crafting costs for Amp parts, and reduced standing cost for purchasing parts. Our goal here is to make constructing an Amp more appealing to newer players by optimizing progression. This is rooted firmly in the role upgrading your Amp plays in performing well in main quests like The Sacrifice as well as engaging in Focus Tree related content. Here are the changes below:

Good start! Now you just need to:

• Fix Fortuna bounties so that a new player can even get to Rank 5 (and unlock Vox Solaris) before completely losing interest in the zone from farming Medical Debt Bonds(just change fortuna to the Deimos Token system with comparable amounts of Bonds as the Deimos rewards, it's so easy)
  • Change Profit Taker Heist to award Vox Solaris Standing instead of Solaris United Standing(or better yet remove the Toroids from Pool A and award 3-5 of those as the standing reward)
  • Remove Diluted Thermia cost from the Exploiter Orb boss Fight and/or Give Thermia Fracture a proper directed Bounty
  • Reduce the non-standing cost(Sentinet Cores, Eidolon Shards, Toroids, Gravimag components, Credits) to progress through Quills and Vox Solaris by 50%

Increase Quills standing Gain from Sentient cores:

• Intact from 100 to 500
  • Exeptional from 500 to 2500
  • Flawless from 1200 to 6000

Reduce Quills Amp Rank Requirement:

• 111 Parts from Rank 1 to Rank 0
  • 222 Parts from Rank 2 to Rank 1
  • 333 Parts from Rank 3 to Rank 2
  • 444 Parts from Rank 4 to Rank 3

And then you have the new player amp progression "Optimized"

With your current changes you still need to obtain a minimum of 47 Intanct Sentient Cores to get your first 111 Amp with your Mote amp as the only tool to deal with Vomvalyst(Timed)/Battalysts/Conculysts or get carried in Eidolon Hunts, the mid-to-endgame mode that requires optimiziation because it's timed.

With this changes you would need 6 Intact cores at most, a very low barrier, to make new player actually try and get a 111 as soon as they can, think about it in this way: What would be your player retention if a new player needed to do 3-4 hours of aimed grinding to get a normal Braton from the Shop to upgrade from their MK1? That's the current state of 111, the changes help, but they are far from "Optimized"

23 hours ago, Shoumath said:

Yes. I was MR20 when I found out that Vay Hek has a silly "shoot when he's talking" mechanic, I always assumed the fight was just a "keep shooting and pray that he's vulnerable" since the game never mentioned anything about it.

I easily noticed the incredibly bright and noticeable bright glowing light by his face.

21 hours ago, Mura said:

Nice casual changes lmao. Cant wait to peoples to figure out to just dont play and come back 5years afer with a drop in their inbox with all the resources to craft the lasts updates.

5 years to save a few gems and standing? Are you exaggerating?

4 hours ago, oriam said:

Good start! Now you just need to:

• Fix Fortuna bounties so that a new player can even get to Rank 5 (and unlock Vox Solaris) before completely losing interest in the zone from farming Medical Debt Bonds(just change fortuna to the Deimos Token system with comparable amounts of Bonds as the Deimos rewards, it's so easy)
  • Change Profit Taker Heist to award Vox Solaris Standing instead of Solaris United Standing(or better yet remove the Toroids from Pool A and award 3-5 of those as the standing reward)
  • Remove Diluted Thermia cost from the Exploiter Orb boss Fight and/or Give Thermia Fracture a proper directed Bounty
  • Reduce the non-standing cost(Sentinet Cores, Eidolon Shards, Toroids, Gravimag components, Credits) to progress through Quills and Vox Solaris by 50%

Increase Quills standing Gain from Sentient cores:

• Intact from 100 to 500
  • Exeptional from 500 to 2500
  • Flawless from 1200 to 6000

Reduce Quills Amp Rank Requirement:

• 111 Parts from Rank 1 to Rank 0
  • 222 Parts from Rank 2 to Rank 1
  • 333 Parts from Rank 3 to Rank 2
  • 444 Parts from Rank 4 to Rank 3

And then you have the new player amp progression "Optimized"

With your current changes you still need to obtain a minimum of 47 Intanct Sentient Cores to get your first 111 Amp with your Mote amp as the only tool to deal with Vomvalyst(Timed)/Battalysts/Conculysts or get carried in Eidolon Hunts, the mid-to-endgame mode that requires optimiziation because it's timed.

With this changes you would need 6 Intact cores at most, a very low barrier, to make new player actually try and get a 111 as soon as they can, think about it in this way: What would be your player retention if a new player needed to do 3-4 hours of aimed grinding to get a normal Braton from the Shop to upgrade from their MK1? That's the current state of 111, the changes help, but they are far from "Optimized"

It would also be nice to remove some of the weird mastery locks on some activities in the game such as fighting vay hek or auto installing stars into a sculpture

On 2021-11-02 at 7:52 PM, [DE]Zach said:

Amp Recipe Reductions

So uhh can we get the resources spent back in the reduced form? Like 3 toroids for a scaffold I built, it’s cost reduced to 2. Can we get the remaining stuff back? Along with Necramech Acquisition Changes the same thing happened (costs reduced) can we get half the materials back?

Hi all, just wanted to re-post this from my comments on the main overnight YouTube video DE released:

(Regarding forma changes):
I still don't understand how this will work, being a veritable newb (MR7 with only ~300hrs since 2016 ;). Will I get 'free' forma slots for my warframe and/or weapons to try out? Will I still have to reset the frame/weapon back to rank 0 and level it up again & again? 1:24 "you'll have access to all of your 4 abilities for your gear" - I have no idea what that even means, or why gear or MR matters to which of the 4 abilities you have unlocked. Don't we unlock the ability (other than the first one), at various level as we rank up your warframe (only) to 30, even after forma-ing it & reseting back to rank 0...? Or does this mean that you will now have abilities and tiers unlocked ahead of levelling back again to 30, based on your MR, rather than pure warframe level? Kinda like how augments and stances give you 'free' slot points from rank 0, until you catch up in rank later...?

As much as I love the game & 3rd time's a charm (now totally addicted to it for the past couple months), I still have to say that it's one of THE most new-player unfriendly games I've ever played. And I've been playing computer games since the 80s, ahem. I'd go so far as to say, if it wasn't for the fan wiki, and joining a clan/not being afraid to use the Q&A chat a LOT, it would be virtually unplayable for newer, mostly solo players like myself. Please take this as constructive criticism. I could go into a dozen areas/mechanics which cause this to be the case, but that would be outside the scope of this video obviously.
----
Just had a quick look at patch notes, one item which points directly to my comment above:
"Removed Ceres to Jupiter Task of defeating a Prosecutor to reduce initial friction and get you along your way faster. Prosecutors could take a long time to spawn if you were unlucky."
Great! I only had to do this a couple weeks back & ran Loki & other frames through a dozen+ missions until I finally had a Prosecutor spawn! This appears to have been bugged in favour of non-stealth frames, Prosecutors wouldn't spawn for me, even if I used Loki without going stealth once in a mission say. I eventually switched to a non-stealth frame on mobile defense & had several spawn in the same mission. It's about a new player having some clue, some clarity, some hope of getting through the scripted content, without having to deal with the level of frustration and progression blocks/walls I encountered in just this one area of the game. And there are many, many others like this, unfortunately...
----
"Updated the “The New Strange” objective for Synthesis Targets to make it less confusing. It now reads “Sanctuary Target” as opposed to a specific enemy type which could come across confusing."
This I have to talk about too - just scanning synthesis targets is an absolute confusing mess of a mechanic, the fact you need an entire tutorial for this speaks volumes I think. Not only do you need stealth and/or a kinetic siphon trap, you then have to scan the target up to FOUR times, seemingly from different angles/body parts, until the target is finally 'synthesised'. This is not made clear anywhere, not even in the Cephalon tutorial. How did you ever expect new players to have a hope in hell of working out the mechanics on their own, with just in-game information...? boggle
----
And talking about improving Amps??? You don't even get to the Quills until finishing The War Within (I'm still not even up to Natah ffs, having just hit Uranus, so why is this even a consideration for 'new' players...? Same with Necramechs and Railjack lol - it nearly killed me just figuring out how to get an Archwing and I finally gave up & just bought the launcher, after I got all the ingredients for the main unit & realised I then still had to build the launcher from scratch lol!

I could now segway into the horrible, horrible unbalance of late-game resources that low-end, so-called new player frames and weapons require, which is really an unforgivable oversight of game design. But as you've had 5 years to fix and re-balance this and haven't, I can only assume that this has been left as is in order to force newer players to pay for resources at the exhorbitant rates they go for, or you only want to attract the truly masochistic, grindgamers longer term. 8-/

Finally, just to vent a bit further, I think the entire MR levelling system needs a good, long hard look at. As a newbie, being forced to level up warframes and weapons that you neither want, like, nor enjoy, just to get rank affinity to increase MR (for ever increasing affinity per rank mind you!), just to get to the good weapons you really want to play...can anyone else see what's wrong with this picture? Am I just the weird, odd man out who values his time and life more than wasting it on crap you don't like and have to do, kinda like a RL job lol!, just so you can get to the good stuff...? Or yeah, I know, pay through the nose to buy the 'value' packs to get frames and weapons unlocked instantly. It just smells and tastes bad, no matter what angle I approach it from.

Unlike most other games, where gear gets progressively better and more fun, along with added complexity and diversity, Warframe will still be forcing me to level up rank 0 frames and weapons which are MR0-5, when I'm MR10+, just to get to MR14-16 eventually and unlock everything...not to even mention the pie-in-the-sky holy grail that is MR30+! I'm happy to grind if the grind is fun, and not just for its own sake. Resetting frames and weapons back to zero, in order to forma them, just to make them viable for endgame eventually (and I'm talking about only a small sub-set of high-MR weapons that even qualify!), seems wrong and lazy from a design perspective to me, what else can I say? At least this upcoming change is probably a very small step in the right direction, but I would rather dispense with the entire reset and re-grind if possible. Honestly, I've rather just have the option to flat-out reset a weapon at 30 back to zero, BUT, to get the affinity re-credited for MR rank again, as I level back to 30. At least this way, I'd be getting a new polarity slot AND levelling up the weapon for a decent purpose (MR ranking), eh.

These are all fantastic! I think the progression curve and a sense of a direction for newcomers is great. I don't think I'd have been able to sink the time into warframe I have without friends teaching me at the start or the existence of the wiki. A lot of content creators explaining how certain mechanics in the game work has also been great, but having some in game resource for those that aren't aware of or have no easy access to these resources would definitely retain a lot of players. I'm still waiting on that promised age regression after the forma changes apply retroactively (is a joke, was a good devstream joke though). 

Joke aside, I'm not sure if this is the correct dev workshop for this but I do want to bring it up anyway. There is a progression thing that affects all players, not just new players, and it's a sense of progression.

Tl;DR: Oppurtunity Cost and Progression Concerning all Mastery Ranks; Can't do it all every day please help

This is true in all games, that as you get close to 100%ing them, it gets more difficult to eek out what remains. At the start of a warframe journey, this isn't super noticeable because you're not even aware of what you can get, or how much left there is for you to achieve, but as you start climbing and progressing it becomes clearer.

There is an obscene amount of things to work towards and grind for in Warframe. In many ways, this is good, it's better to have something to do, than not have something to do. However, it's gotten to the point that it feels insurmountable. I don't know if it's a me thing, I have depression, but even after 3000 hours it feels like I'm no where near completely done with the game, and it feels like the last stretch of completion is forever out of my reach. If I want something in particular, it sometimes feels like I have to drop everything I was doing before to go grab it. The biggest contributor to this is what some players interpret as Content Islands. I actually disagree.

There just isn't a way to scale your ability to progress on two fronts at once, easily. I don't think things not carrying over is quite the issue. I can get weapons like the Trumna from the Entrati, or Kitguns for Solaris. It's the limitation in what I can get where. As an example, if I want to raise my standing with Cetus or the Quills, I can do that, but I can't also build reputation with simaris, or another open world faction, or do the sortie, or do other dailies, or even progress my railjack. Most notably, I can't acquire resources for the blueprints of weapons that need resources from other planets if I commit to an open world progression. This by itself isn't bad, at the start of a warframe journey it's even enjoyable to go to a different planet to acquire resources for that one blueprint you're working on. However, as you grow to no longer need those resources, an increasingly fewer amount of rewards are relevant to you. When you combine this with the segregation and mutual exclusiveness of certain resources and the tasks you can aquire them on, players are increasingly forced to do content they might not necessarily enjoy to progress in the areas they want to progress in. 

Before, I was going to planets for Nanospores, but also getting Neurodes or something that could work for another blueprint I had or don't even have yet. Now, I'm only going for neurodes. This changes how it feels completely. I'm not sure how to convey how this feels, but it's tangible and real to the experience. The former is extremely wonderful and part of what made Warframe hit an itch I didn't know I had. This doesn't just apply to resources for building weapons either. We can count a lot of things as a resource.

As more and more different resources, standing grinds, and points like Focus progression are added to the game, and the more these systems are separated from eachother, something curious happens. It becomes increasingly impossible to multitask and still get that feeling of "I accomplished lots". When I could gain standing for Solaris United by freeing the trapped prisoners in the Granum Void, I felt great. I was farming Protea, looking for a Sister of Parvos, and gaining Solaris standing at the same time. I needed all of those at the time. Because it gets harder and harder to feel that sense of progress as you complete the game, it feels like you're going nowhere the further you travel in all systems, paradoxically. Moments like that happen less, which happen all the time when you're starting out. True for most games; the less you have left to do, the less choice you have in what to do to get everything, and I'm not a game designer so I don't know if there's some sort of magic that can be worked here to smooth this out. But I'm speaking my heart on this in the hopes that anyone will hear me.

As an example I found myself thinking "It would be nice if, maybe, I could gain focus while not having an MR30 weapon or frame. Part of the reason why I'm not capped in my focus schools at this point is because I like formaing my arsenal. I play the game a lot, and build increasing amounts of weapon and frame power, but I give up focus progression to do this.", and I noticed a few other things like that. A similar feeling that applies in multiple situations but is actually the same in essence. Things like:

I wish I could go grab that argon crystal I need while looking for this simaris target, but this target doesn't spawn in the void. 

I wish I could crack relics while farming cores for Quills Standing.

I wish I could farm arbitrations for the galvanized mods costs without having to stop gathering standing for Entrati.

I wish I could progress in railjack while farming these frames a second time-

When Helminth was added, I had to refarm all the frames again, but most frames aren't acquired via Railjack, and since I didn't have a computer at the time when Railjack was released and when it was reworked, I'm only like Instinsics 6 or 7 universally. When farming Reputation for Cephalon Simaris, or gaining reputation for any open world faction, I'm also limited in what missions I can do in a day, I can't, say, also progress with the Syndicates outside of my sigil becuase they have their own missions on the navigation, not in any open world faction. My Mastery Rank going up means I can hard focus grind something due to having a higher daily cap, but I don't actually feel like I progress faster. It gets to the point there's just too many caps to hit and too much time needed for all of them collectively and I somehow still need it all.  This is true for all Mastery Ranks, so it affects all players, including new players. Perhaps them less so at the beginning but they will feel it in time. You will see this happen later the more free time you have. Earlier if less free time is on your hands.

It would be great if there was something that could be done about this. That sense of growth, a sense of growing stronger, that power overwhelming is a great feeling and it hurts to see that feeling, that sense of power, dwindle in its growth as you progress through the game. Ideally it should be tied to your mastery rank going up, whatever scales the speed at which you can multitask or acquire more of what you actually want, as the things you need to gain disappears before you and an increasingly smaller pool of rewards actually is relevant to you.

It's like waiting for Baro to bring something new or something you want but he actually brought two things you want and you only have enough ducats for one, but in your daily routine for playing warframe(?) Like, putting off doing X today because you wanna get Y out of the way first but you can't work on Z either while you do either of those so that also has to wait for next time.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, love ya'll, you're all great. Thanks for reading. I'm just hoping it's not just a me thing and bringing this up somehow helps. I know some people that have similar, but not quite identical, feelings so it's worth a shot.

Archwing launcher segment cost could use some looking at as well, or it could even be removed since you need to craft the archwing launchers anyways.

Until you get the archwing launcher you cant really contribute to open world missions, people fly of to the objective and by the time you get there its already complete.

Also, the fortuna rep grind to do the profit-taker heists was always the bigger problem than the costs of the fortuna amp parts, maybe that requirement could be lowered to rank 3.

On 2021-11-02 at 7:52 PM, [DE]Zach said:

Hey Tenno!

Our next major Update is on the horizon (hello ‘The New War’), but before we release it we want to put effort into improving the early game experience. We’ve set our sights at how new players navigate through the game and have identified a few ways to change up and improve flow. This dev workshop aims to change some progression moments in hopes of a less intimidating New Player Experience, or at the very least a little more guidance on what to do next! 

The majority of these improvements are oriented towards resource demands. We want to have players spending less time ‘grinding’ on certain gear and more time progressing through the game. You can expect various optimizations to progression in areas where the most resource demands can be found! We understand that the majority of players have long-passed these progression points (ourselves included), we think a refresh is long overdue given the sheer amount of items in Warframe these days. Some old Recipe costs just don’t reflect the accretion that’s occurred for resource demands especially when it comes to key progression items. 

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

• The Tenno Guide
  • Heat Sword Crafting Requirements
  • Reduced Crafting Times for the Rising Tide Quest
  • Amp Recipe Reductions
  • Reduced Costs for Refined Ore/Gem Blueprints in the Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis
  • Necramech Acquisition Changes
  • Kubrow Quest Changes

The Tenno Guide has arrived!

Introducing the ‘TENNO GUIDE”! 

image (17).png

The ‘Tenno Guide’ adds a new UI notification when inside the Orbiter! A lot of new players have felt lost once they finish Vor’s Prize, and this persistent reminder will guide new Tenno to their next steps. This new feature will be auto-enabled on login, but can be disabled at any time in the menus under Options > Interface > Show Tenno Guide! 

image (18).png

We hope this change makes the biggest impact to a new player in Warframe. There is a lot to know about our game, and the Tenno Guide will help new Tenno focus on what matters at that point and time in their journey!

Heat Sword Crafting Requirements

We are changing the crafting requirement for the Heat Sword to require a Neurode rather than Neural Sensor. Originally, this was meant to incentivize players to explore new nodes, but is outdated in the current state of the game! This change is smaller than most, but meaningful to new players looking to upgrade their melee early on.

Reduced Crafting Times for the Rising Tide Quest

In March 2021, we made Railjack more accessible by reducing the crafting resources and the time it took to build your Railjack. Soon, we will be reducing the crafting times again from 1 hour to 1 minute per part. As Railjack becomes a larger requirement, we hope this change will allow new players to swiftly complete Rising Tide, and prepare their Railjack for future fights!

Amp Recipe Reductions

This change is two fold: reduced crafting costs for Amp parts, and reduced standing cost for purchasing parts. Our goal here is to make constructing an Amp more appealing to newer players by optimizing progression. This is rooted firmly in the role upgrading your Amp plays in performing well in main quests like The Sacrifice as well as engaging in Focus Tree related content. Here are the changes below:

OSTRON PRISMS

• Raplak
    • Standing cost reduced from 2,000 to 1,000
    • Iradite cost reduced from 60 to 40
    • Murkray Liver cost reduced from 3 to 2
    • Tear Azurite and Esher Devar cost reduced from 30 to 10
  • Shwaak
    • Standing cost reduced from 5,000 to 1,500
    • Iradite cost reduced from 80 to 40
    • Norg Brain cost reduced from 3 to 2
    • Esher Devar cost reduced from 30 to 15
    • Marquise Veridos cost reduced from 20 to 10
  • Granmu
    • Standing cost reduced from 7,500 to 2,000
    • Cuthol Tendrils cost reduced from 3 to 2
    • Breath of the Eidolon cost reduced from 5 to 3
    • Marquise Veridos cost reduced from 20 to 10
    • Star Crimzian cost reduced from 10 to 6
  • Rahn
    • Standing cost reduced from 10,000 to 2,500
    • Iradite cost reduced from 60 to 50
    • Seram Beetle Shell cost reduced from 3 to 2
    • Tear Azurite cost reduced from 30 to 20
    • Esher Devar cost reduced from 30 to 15

OSTRON SCAFFOLDS

• Pencha
    • Grokdrul cost reduced from 60 to 40
    • Cetus Wisp cost reduced from 10 to 3
    • Pyrotic Alloy cost reduced from 85 to 60
  • Shraksun
    • Grokdrul cost reduced from 80 to 60
    • Cetus Wisp cost reduced from 15 to 4
    • Coprite Alloy cost reduced from 85 to 60
  • Klebrik
    • Mukray Liver cost reduced from 3 to 2
      • Cetus Wisp cost reduced from 20 to 5
    • Breath of the Eidolon cost reduced from 5 to 3
    • Fersteel Alloy cost reduced from 50 to 40
  • Phahd
    • Grokdrul cost reduced from 60 to 40
    • Fersteel Alloy cost reduced from 85 to 60
    • Heart Nyth cost reduced from 2 to 1

OSTRON BRACES

• Clapkra
    • Morphics cost reduced from 10 to 6
    • Fish Oil cost reduced from 35 to 20
    • Cetus Wisp cost reduced from 10 to 3
  • Juttni
    • Neurodes cost reduced from 10 to 6
    • Cetus Wisp cost reduced from 15 to 4
  • Lohrin
    • Cuthol Tendrils cost reduced from 3 to 2
    • Cetus Wisp cost reduced from 20 to 5
    • Breath of The Eidolon cost reduced from 5 to 3
  • Anspatha
    • Morphics cost reduced from 10 to 6
    • Radian Sentrium cost reduced from 2 to 1

SOLARIS PRISMS

• Cantic
    • Vega Toroid cost reduced from 5 to 3
    • Longwinder Lathe Coagulant cost reduced from 10 to 6
    • Gyromag Systems & Radiant Zodian cost reduced from 5 to 3
  • Lega
    • Charamote Sagan Module cost reduced from 10 to 6
  • Klamora
    • Tromyzon Entroplasma cost reduced from 10 to 6

SOLARIS SCAFFOLDS

• Exard
    • Calda Toroid cost reduced from 5 to 3
    • Atmo Systems cost reduced from 3 to 2
    • Hespazym Alloy cost reduced from 50 to 30
  • Dissic
  • Propa

SOLARIS BRACES

• Suo
    • Sola Toroid cost reduced from 5 to 3
    • Marquise Thyst cost reduced from 5 to 3
  • Plaga
  • Certus

Any crafting component not noted is keeping its current cost.

Reduced Costs for Refined Ore/Gem Blueprints in the Plains of Eidolon

To accompany our changes to Amp crafting, the standing costs of blueprints for refined Ores and Gems from the Plains of Eidolon have been adjusted. Here are the new costs:

OSTRON

• Pyrotic Alloy and Tear Azurite (From 1,000 standing to 500)
  • Esher Devar and Coprite Alloy (From 5,000 standing to 2,500)
  • Marquise Veridos and Fersteel Alloy (From 10,000 standing to 5,000)
  • Star Crimzian and Auroxium Alloy (From 15,000 standing to 7,000)
  • Radian Sentirum and Heart Nyth (From 20,000 standing to 10,000)

Necramech Acquisition Changes

Necramechs have started to play a vital role within the System - from being part of the Railjack experience, to a great tool in our Open Worlds. While their firepower provides an advantage, the time and resource investment required to obtain one has shown to be a deterrent to newer players. As The New War approaches, we aim to alleviate that initial friction and provide an easier path of obtainment.

Enemy Necramechs now have a 50% chance to drop a Necramech part across the board, evenly distributed. The battle required for a newer player to defeat an enemy Necramech is neither easy nor quick. This increased chance of getting a Necramech part helps to reduce the time investment  needed in order to gather the mandatory parts to build your first Necramech. 

Additionally, we’ve halved most of the Mining/Fishing part costs for crafting the Voidrig as this is the ‘first’ Necramech players see in the Heart of Deimos quest, so we want to make acquiring it a little easier. Bonewidow has been left as is as a longer-term goal. The changes are:

VOIDRIG CASING:

• Adramal Alloy cost reduced from 120 to 60.
  • Stellated Necrathene cost reduced from 16 to 8
  • Venerdo Alloy cost reduced from 40 to 20.

VOIDRIG ENGINE:

• Tempered Bapholite cost reduced from 100 to 50.
  • Biotic Filter cost reduced from 2 to 1.

VOIDRIG CAPSULE:

• Spinal Core Section cost reduced from 30 to 15.
  • Marquise Veridos cost reduced from 20 to 10.

VOIDRIG WEAPON POD:

• Biotic Filter cost reduced from 6 to 3.
  • Thaumic Distillate cost reduced from 80 to 40.
  • Charc Electroplax cost reduced from 45 to 25.

Again, these changes are rooted in our goals to have new Tenno prepare for future battles without being hung up on outdated progression!

Additional New Player Experience Changes

• Removed Ceres to Jupiter Task of defeating a Prosecutor to reduce initial friction and get you along your way faster. Prosecutors could take a long time to spawn if you were unlucky.
  • Increased the window of time where you can deal damage to the Vay Hek Propaganda Drone during his boss fight from 8 seconds to 10 seconds. Newer players who attempted the Vay Hek boss fight right when it was available to them found this phase more difficult than it really needed to be.
  • Updated the “The New Strange” objective for Synthesis Targets to make it less confusing. It now reads “Sanctuary Target” as opposed to a specific enemy type which could come across confusing. 

Overall

You can expect to see all these changes in our November 11th Update on all Platforms! Our vision is to make it less intimidating for new players to play Warframe, and shorten that gap for new players to reach new content! We will be listening on ways to tweak what we are changing, so if you have any feedback that aligns with our vision then let us know below.

Remember that we got a railjack decor we got when rj released Specifically for the dojo right? Remember that it’s Dojo only? If it isn’t too much to ask for, can we have one for our orbiter?  

Archived