Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Player Experience Dev Workshop!

[DE]Zach

On 2021-11-02 at 5:52 PM, [DE]Zach said:

Enemy Necramechs now have a 50% chance to drop a Necramech part across the board, evenly distributed. The battle required for a newer player to defeat an enemy Necramech is neither easy nor quick. This increased chance of getting a Necramech part helps to reduce the time investment  needed in order to gather the mandatory parts to build your first Necramech.

Wait wait wait hang on.... Why not just make the Fight shorter instead ? 🤔 The RNG would still suck but the experience of fighting Necramechs wouldn't feel so Tedius.... I think Necramech's are the only enemies I've bothered to use Ammo Restores on due to how long it takes to grind them down....

6 hours ago, jazz said:

It would also be nice to remove some of the weird mastery locks on some activities in the game such as fighting vay hek or auto installing stars into a sculpture

To be fair... Vay Hek is extremely Obnoxious.... New players really shouldn't be exposed to that level of Invulnerability Phases so early in their Progression... I can't think of anything that would make them quit faster than "Why I deal no Damage ?"

Oh and he zaps you all your energy.... Just Because....  Imagine being a new player not having unlocked Zenurik yet and you're already getting your entire Energy Supply Deleted with no way to avoid it 😱....

22 hours ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

I agree that there should be some type of compensation. These changes are pretty significant, but those who went through with these costs before, should be fairly compensated in some way. After all, we were the ones who pioneered the way for these changes, based on our feedback.

Would be nice, especially to those players who have recently done it. They suffer most. 

29 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Oh and he zaps you all your energy.... Just Because....  Imagine being a new player not having unlocked Zenurik yet and you're already getting your entire Energy Supply Deleted with no way to avoid it 😱....

This boss has been out way before focus and I was able to do it. Just need to get good at the fight.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

This boss has been out way before focus and I was able to do it. Just need to get good at the fight.

I did this this morning while Farming for Hydroid....

No matter how good you are:

ITS....

SOOOO....

TEDIUS...... 😭

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Suffer is an exaggerated term. 5 min with a mining gun and fishing spear and you'll be properly compensated.

I don't think you understand how "Compensation" Works... 🤔...

On 2021-11-02 at 11:52 AM, [DE]Zach said:

Hey Tenno!

Our next major Update is on the horizon (hello ‘The New War’), but before we release it we want to put effort into improving the early game experience. We’ve set our sights at how new players navigate through the game and have identified a few ways to change up and improve flow. This dev workshop aims to change some progression moments in hopes of a less intimidating New Player Experience, or at the very least a little more guidance on what to do next! 

The majority of these improvements are oriented towards resource demands. We want to have players spending less time ‘grinding’ on certain gear and more time progressing through the game. You can expect various optimizations to progression in areas where the most resource demands can be found! We understand that the majority of players have long-passed these progression points (ourselves included), we think a refresh is long overdue given the sheer amount of items in Warframe these days. Some old Recipe costs just don’t reflect the accretion that’s occurred for resource demands especially when it comes to key progression items. 

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

• The Tenno Guide
  • Heat Sword Crafting Requirements
  • Reduced Crafting Times for the Rising Tide Quest
  • Amp Recipe Reductions
  • Reduced Costs for Refined Ore/Gem Blueprints in the Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis
  • Necramech Acquisition Changes
  • Kubrow Quest Changes

The Tenno Guide has arrived!

Introducing the ‘TENNO GUIDE”! 

image (17).png

The ‘Tenno Guide’ adds a new UI notification when inside the Orbiter! A lot of new players have felt lost once they finish Vor’s Prize, and this persistent reminder will guide new Tenno to their next steps. This new feature will be auto-enabled on login, but can be disabled at any time in the menus under Options > Interface > Show Tenno Guide! 

image (18).png

We hope this change makes the biggest impact to a new player in Warframe. There is a lot to know about our game, and the Tenno Guide will help new Tenno focus on what matters at that point and time in their journey!

Heat Sword Crafting Requirements

We are changing the crafting requirement for the Heat Sword to require a Neurode rather than Neural Sensor. Originally, this was meant to incentivize players to explore new nodes, but is outdated in the current state of the game! This change is smaller than most, but meaningful to new players looking to upgrade their melee early on.

Reduced Crafting Times for the Rising Tide Quest

In March 2021, we made Railjack more accessible by reducing the crafting resources and the time it took to build your Railjack. Soon, we will be reducing the crafting times again from 1 hour to 1 minute per part. As Railjack becomes a larger requirement, we hope this change will allow new players to swiftly complete Rising Tide, and prepare their Railjack for future fights!

Amp Recipe Reductions

This change is two fold: reduced crafting costs for Amp parts, and reduced standing cost for purchasing parts. Our goal here is to make constructing an Amp more appealing to newer players by optimizing progression. This is rooted firmly in the role upgrading your Amp plays in performing well in main quests like The Sacrifice as well as engaging in Focus Tree related content. Here are the changes below:

OSTRON PRISMS

• Raplak
    • Standing cost reduced from 2,000 to 1,000
    • Iradite cost reduced from 60 to 40
    • Murkray Liver cost reduced from 3 to 2
    • Tear Azurite and Esher Devar cost reduced from 30 to 10
  • Shwaak
    • Standing cost reduced from 5,000 to 1,500
    • Iradite cost reduced from 80 to 40
    • Norg Brain cost reduced from 3 to 2
    • Esher Devar cost reduced from 30 to 15
    • Marquise Veridos cost reduced from 20 to 10
  • Granmu
    • Standing cost reduced from 7,500 to 2,000
    • Cuthol Tendrils cost reduced from 3 to 2
    • Breath of the Eidolon cost reduced from 5 to 3
    • Marquise Veridos cost reduced from 20 to 10
    • Star Crimzian cost reduced from 10 to 6
  • Rahn
    • Standing cost reduced from 10,000 to 2,500
    • Iradite cost reduced from 60 to 50
    • Seram Beetle Shell cost reduced from 3 to 2
    • Tear Azurite cost reduced from 30 to 20
    • Esher Devar cost reduced from 30 to 15

OSTRON SCAFFOLDS

• Pencha
    • Grokdrul cost reduced from 60 to 40
    • Cetus Wisp cost reduced from 10 to 3
    • Pyrotic Alloy cost reduced from 85 to 60
  • Shraksun
    • Grokdrul cost reduced from 80 to 60
    • Cetus Wisp cost reduced from 15 to 4
    • Coprite Alloy cost reduced from 85 to 60
  • Klebrik
    • Mukray Liver cost reduced from 3 to 2
      • Cetus Wisp cost reduced from 20 to 5
    • Breath of the Eidolon cost reduced from 5 to 3
    • Fersteel Alloy cost reduced from 50 to 40
  • Phahd
    • Grokdrul cost reduced from 60 to 40
    • Fersteel Alloy cost reduced from 85 to 60
    • Heart Nyth cost reduced from 2 to 1

OSTRON BRACES

• Clapkra
    • Morphics cost reduced from 10 to 6
    • Fish Oil cost reduced from 35 to 20
    • Cetus Wisp cost reduced from 10 to 3
  • Juttni
    • Neurodes cost reduced from 10 to 6
    • Cetus Wisp cost reduced from 15 to 4
  • Lohrin
    • Cuthol Tendrils cost reduced from 3 to 2
    • Cetus Wisp cost reduced from 20 to 5
    • Breath of The Eidolon cost reduced from 5 to 3
  • Anspatha
    • Morphics cost reduced from 10 to 6
    • Radian Sentrium cost reduced from 2 to 1

SOLARIS PRISMS

• Cantic
    • Vega Toroid cost reduced from 5 to 3
    • Longwinder Lathe Coagulant cost reduced from 10 to 6
    • Gyromag Systems & Radiant Zodian cost reduced from 5 to 3
  • Lega
    • Charamote Sagan Module cost reduced from 10 to 6
  • Klamora
    • Tromyzon Entroplasma cost reduced from 10 to 6

SOLARIS SCAFFOLDS

• Exard
    • Calda Toroid cost reduced from 5 to 3
    • Atmo Systems cost reduced from 3 to 2
    • Hespazym Alloy cost reduced from 50 to 30
  • Dissic
  • Propa

SOLARIS BRACES

• Suo
    • Sola Toroid cost reduced from 5 to 3
    • Marquise Thyst cost reduced from 5 to 3
  • Plaga
  • Certus

Any crafting component not noted is keeping its current cost.

Reduced Costs for Refined Ore/Gem Blueprints in the Plains of Eidolon

To accompany our changes to Amp crafting, the standing costs of blueprints for refined Ores and Gems from the Plains of Eidolon have been adjusted. Here are the new costs:

OSTRON

• Pyrotic Alloy and Tear Azurite (From 1,000 standing to 500)
  • Esher Devar and Coprite Alloy (From 5,000 standing to 2,500)
  • Marquise Veridos and Fersteel Alloy (From 10,000 standing to 5,000)
  • Star Crimzian and Auroxium Alloy (From 15,000 standing to 7,000)
  • Radian Sentirum and Heart Nyth (From 20,000 standing to 10,000)

Necramech Acquisition Changes

Necramechs have started to play a vital role within the System - from being part of the Railjack experience, to a great tool in our Open Worlds. While their firepower provides an advantage, the time and resource investment required to obtain one has shown to be a deterrent to newer players. As The New War approaches, we aim to alleviate that initial friction and provide an easier path of obtainment.

Enemy Necramechs now have a 50% chance to drop a Necramech part across the board, evenly distributed. The battle required for a newer player to defeat an enemy Necramech is neither easy nor quick. This increased chance of getting a Necramech part helps to reduce the time investment  needed in order to gather the mandatory parts to build your first Necramech. 

Additionally, we’ve halved most of the Mining/Fishing part costs for crafting the Voidrig as this is the ‘first’ Necramech players see in the Heart of Deimos quest, so we want to make acquiring it a little easier. Bonewidow has been left as is as a longer-term goal. The changes are:

VOIDRIG CASING:

• Adramal Alloy cost reduced from 120 to 60.
  • Stellated Necrathene cost reduced from 16 to 8
  • Venerdo Alloy cost reduced from 40 to 20.

VOIDRIG ENGINE:

• Tempered Bapholite cost reduced from 100 to 50.
  • Biotic Filter cost reduced from 2 to 1.

VOIDRIG CAPSULE:

• Spinal Core Section cost reduced from 30 to 15.
  • Marquise Veridos cost reduced from 20 to 10.

VOIDRIG WEAPON POD:

• Biotic Filter cost reduced from 6 to 3.
  • Thaumic Distillate cost reduced from 80 to 40.
  • Charc Electroplax cost reduced from 45 to 25.

Howl of The Kubrow Quest Changes

Next up are changes for the ‘Howl of the Kubrow’ Quest! For new players, we are changing the Kubrow Egg drop rate to be 100% from the first Kubrow Den. This change will only affect New Tenno playing the quest for the first time, and does not affect Kubrow Egg drop rates outside of the quest. We are also shortening the survival mission within the quest from 10 minutes to 5 minutes! 

Again, these changes are rooted in our goals to have new Tenno prepare for future battles without being hung up on outdated progression!

Additional New Player Experience Changes

• Removed Ceres to Jupiter Task of defeating a Prosecutor to reduce initial friction and get you along your way faster. Prosecutors could take a long time to spawn if you were unlucky.
  • Increased the window of time where you can deal damage to the Vay Hek Propaganda Drone during his boss fight from 8 seconds to 10 seconds. Newer players who attempted the Vay Hek boss fight right when it was available to them found this phase more difficult than it really needed to be.
  • Updated the “The New Strange” objective for Synthesis Targets to make it less confusing. It now reads “Sanctuary Target” as opposed to a specific enemy type which could come across confusing. 

Overall

You can expect to see all these changes in our November 11th Update on all Platforms! Our vision is to make it less intimidating for new players to play Warframe, and shorten that gap for new players to reach new content! We will be listening on ways to tweak what we are changing, so if you have any feedback that aligns with our vision then let us know below.

I like the reduced cetus wisp and toroids for amps i planned on building more even tho i got all the amps mastered. Im MR 28 29 soon and i wanted to try some new amp parts combo not for meta just fun unless it becomes meta so building the parts again will be less annoying now. TY DE

1 hour ago, (PSN)dracoromanov112 said:

i maxed out my bone widow during orphix venom and i got Void rig to 30 and i forgot the hotfix or update name where if u got them to 30 it'll give u the full MR now leveling it to 40 is optional forme thank God

Does this only apply to Mechs ?

What about Kuva/Tenet Weapons ?

You can farm Rhyno blueprints at Venus. But you don't have access to Control Modules until you reach the Void, which is frustrating for newbies.

This is a game about warframes, but you are trapped with only your starter frame until well late in the game.

Please, fix it.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Serevor said:

You can farm Rhyno blueprints at Venus. But you don't have access to Control Modules until you reach the Void, which is frustrating for newbies.

This is a game about warframes, but you are trapped with only your starter frame until well late in the game.

Please, fix it.

I just checked the Wiki, regular Rhino does not need control modules to build, only the prime version does.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Bean_Consumer7 said:

Remember that we got a railjack decor we got when rj released Specifically for the dojo right? Remember that it’s Dojo only? If it isn’t too much to ask for, can we have one for our orbiter?  

This is what I want.  Please add a Necramech hangar decoration in the dojo for those who farmed before the changes.

Nothing too fancy like a room.  More like a rack that can be placed in rooms that you and your clanmates can choose to mount your mechs in like the warframe display in the orbiter.

hace 4 minutos, (XBOX)Shodian dijo:

I just checked the Wiki, regular Rhino does not need control modules to build, only the prime version does.

You are right. But my point still applies. Rhino needs plastids, which are not available until Jupiter (or bounties, but those are not easy for a newbie)

On 2021-11-02 at 3:52 PM, [DE]Zach said:

snip - lots of reduced resource amounts

I think it's only fair we get some compensation for all the items that are now being made easier to make, it's not our fault you've just realised that the amounts needed are not 'new player' friendly etc. 

As to drop rates on necramechs... honestly I've had more issue getting the weapon parts and scintillant than I have getting the components for necramechs, had all them by the time I'd reached level 3 with loid, which is needed if you want some of their mods.  Admittedly I'm a higher level player than what these changes are aimed at, so it took less time to do the missions, but at the same time making things too easy is not necessarily a good thing for the open world that is currently supposed to be the 'hardest' to do. 

On 2021-11-02 at 3:52 PM, [DE]Zach said:

Removed Ceres to Jupiter Task of defeating a Prosecutor to reduce initial friction and get you along your way faster. Prosecutors could take a long time to spawn if you were unlucky.

Why didn't you just make the prosecutor spawn more easily/often, we can sell the javlok capacitor for 2500 credits, which for a newbie is relatively good amount of credits.

I'm also in the 'less necramechs' group, I've yet to see a reason why I even need one....

I will Edit this Comment after reading the whole thing
but right from the get go I can tell you there is an actual
real attempt at fixing "newbie dizziness" in Warframe and 
I love that. Thank you for this, this is actually HUGE for the game.

Ok. Here it goes. 

- "Tenno Guide" Remember the "Guide of the Lotus" Program?
Is the Perfect time to Bring It Back. 

Give us a way to Customize Tenno Guide Tips and share them
with a Link on Chat. And when a Player who "borrowed" the link
complete the objective, give the Player who created the Tip some 
kind of Ranking Point. 

Make the Custom System very strict, like Messages in Dark Souls games
(They're very straightforward like "Go X, do Y, get Z") 
Only Options to choose from, the player can't type anything.

Also give us a way to share Wiki Entries directly In-Game, it makes
no sense my first advice to new players is "Bookmark the Wiki and
Alt-Tab at any doubt"

After 100 Players complete their tips, give them Guide of the Lotus Status.
Because of how these Objectives would work, you can't "farm" ranking with
old players because they already did all of that.

This is so Veterans are Encouraged to Actively Engage with
New Players and help them as Much as they Can, within the 
Boundaries of a Pre-Determined System.

And bonus points for participating in the Wiki maybe?

- AMPs and Necramechs

If Railjack Components can be Crafted in 1 Minute, I dont see why 
AMPs and Necramech Parts can not. 

Everything else looks good. 

- Howl of the Kubrow

The most fun Players have with the Incubator System is Breeding 
new Pets, trying to get that Lotus, that Bulky Omega, or that Solid
Gold that Breeders liek so much. 

But even tho the Pets system was reworked and retouched several times
we Still can not use a Pet if we are currently Breeding another One

Tell Players from the first time they interact with Companions that they can
Breed all the Pets they want without any limitation besides Slots and Eggs

QOL Updates are my Favorite Updates, Thank You Very Much for this ☺️

On 2021-11-04 at 4:12 PM, Meleter said:

Not expected changes but still quite nice ones. Hopefully, things such as properly introducing modding will be addressed soon enough!

↑↑↑
This right here is the next new player experience to address. I've met too many players who have no idea what to do with modding until it's too late. The lack of proper modding is one of the main reasons players leave the game early. They encounter a mission that is too difficult for them even though they honed their skills as much as they can, they simply can't deal enough damage or take enough damage.

24 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Bro I see you everywhere starting arguments with people, this is so unnecessary, stop it. Suffer is fine, people with iq above 1 understand what's meant by it

Make a private discord if you can't handle people typing on a public forum. I'm not the only one that said compensation is silly.

As someone that criticizes the game a lot, let me throw out there that I don't want any of those resources back, I don't want any special treatment, and I'm glad that you're lowering the grind for newer players.  Keep at it.  Keep this energy.

That said, I feel the need to help y'all out, because you're out of touch as usual.  Better quest markers and direct guidance will help alleviate some of the weirdness in figuring out what the game wants.  It repairs some of the "form over function" theme you guys have with the UI.  It's not even close to the main problems though.

The biggest issue is the starchart.  It's a vast, repetitive, boring, solo grind.  Newbies join in, do one quest, and then get dumped onto the starchart without any direction whatsoever.  Because the reward structure on the SC is very narrow and only worthwhile in a few specific nodes, the majority of the nodes are completely devoid of players, which means newbies have to go through the exact same handful of mission types on different tilesets over and over and over completely solo, and some of those nodes are designed for a squad.  There's a dozen ways to fix this off the top of my head, but you seem very content to just leave the base starchart completely as is, like it's not the biggest issue for new players.

Get on some smurf accounts, go out into the wild and hang around QA and recruit chat.  Get to know some people.  Watch what they complain about.  Nearly every newbie I help asks what they're supposed to be doing and I tell them that resources, XP, mods, quests, and pretty much all important progression is dependent on them grinding through the starchart so that they have access to all the areas they need for those things.  So the best thing they can do is run the starchart, stopping along the way to grind some bosses, mods and resources on each new planet they hit.  The second they realize that they won't be at any of the cool stuff any time soon and have to slog through the starchart (probably solo) they quit playing soon after.  I'm not even trying to drive people away on purpose.  The starchart just does that.  I know for me, I only made it through because I had IRL friends playing with me at the same level I was.  We got through the tedium goofing around on mic and just hanging out, but we still didn't like the starchart grind because it's poorly paced and lacks incentive.  Bite-size missions actually end up working against you here because it feels like you're being peppered with the same thing over and over, instead of a slightly longer, more engaging experience.

Half the missions don't even have a drop table.  The missions themselves aren't engaging.  Outside of making a beeline through a mission straight for objectives and then extraction, there's no real reason to engage with the maps or take your time because there's honestly not much worth finding outside of a very rare ayatan or rare container.  They need optional objectives, more and better incentives, and reasons to lure experienced players back to every node.  Countless suggestions on this have been made by myself and others.  The starchart grind is bad, and it's your #1 problem with new players.  

8 hours ago, (NSW)Serevor said:

Please, fix it.

People still think Rhino is all that Necessary ? I thought Nezha and Wukong were the new player Meta ? Obviously Wukong is out of the question because lol Nitain... But I wish someone had told me to get Nezha instead of Rhino.... Rhino kinda sucks...

Okay so I just took a quick looksy at Nezhe's Crafting Requirements and there are some Problem Ingredients there.... Polymer Bundles, Neural Sensors ofcourse... Argon Crystals 😱 !!!

Yeah not exactly round the corner stuff....

But thanks to the power of Taxying I still think Nezha beats Rhino....

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Really ? Great news !!!

8 hours ago, (NSW)Serevor said:

You are right. But my point still applies. Rhino needs plastids, which are not available until Jupiter (or bounties, but those are not easy for a newbie)

They can just do what I did... Fake it till they make it all the way to Jupiter 😁. Oh boy those were some pretty Dark Times....

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Also available on Phobos according to the wiki. Probably a longer grind.  But a very easy planet.  

I thought Corpus Enemies were tougher than Grineer enemies at lower levels ? Especially now that they got Shield Buffs and in both my accounts I never had Toxin Mods when I was on Phobos....

6 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I'm also in the 'less necramechs' group, I've yet to see a reason why I even need one....

They might be fun if they were optional... Unfortunately we will never know for sure because they plan on cramming these things down our Throats 😱...

6 hours ago, Deminisis said:

In all honesty, I don't need a resource refund, but I bet there are plenty of players that aren't sitting of more stuff than they know what to do with. The necramech costs in particular should be compensated for after the reduction.

I need so many Tubercular Gill Systems 😭... Also Thaumica.... 

Also why didn't they just start with reasonable resource cost to begin with ? That way they wouldn't have to waste time and effort compensating everyone.... 

2 hours ago, FrostedMike said:

↑↑↑
This right here is the next new player experience to address. I've met too many players who have no idea what to do with modding until it's too late. The lack of proper modding is one of the main reasons players leave the game early. They encounter a mission that is too difficult for them even though they honed their skills as much as they can, they simply can't deal enough damage or take enough damage.

It's going to be hard to teach players about mods since nice whether or not they do or don't have the mods they need is RNG and not only that but they have no source of Reliable Endo to upgrade them anyway....

Archived