Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Player Experience Dev Workshop!

[DE]Zach

Hmmm, if Necramechs are going to be rolled into regular missions I wouldn't mind being able to summon a defense objective protecting mech. That'd probably be my go to since I run dps/squishy frames usually. Something like the equivalent of Amesha, that way I can run a different archwing in open world when I feel like it.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

This is what I want.  Please add a Necramech hangar decoration in the dojo for those who farmed before the changes.

Nothing too fancy like a room.  More like a rack that can be placed in rooms that you and your clanmates can choose to mount your mechs in like the warframe display in the orbiter.

Or like a big charging station which connects to the feet of the necramech and restores energy, health and shields. In the dojo ofc so it looks like it has some purpose as a charging/repair dock for them necramechs but actually does nothing coz they will be restored upon using the necramech when entering open world/ Railjack missions anyways.

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

It's going to be hard to teach players about mods since nice whether or not they do or don't have the mods they need is RNG and not only that but they have no source of Reliable Endo to upgrade them anyway....

It doesn't mean we should give up because it's hard to implement... Game development is not easy in general.
"The mods need RNG". This is not  the point. Modding is subjective and not about using the meta. If the game will teach modding, it should be in a way that tells them that there are many ways to mod, not specific builds.

Teaching modding with a quest seems like the best way for it in my opinion. I believe I can design you such quest, at least a rough one. Getting the "essential mods" as quest reward will bypass the RNG part, the same with Endo.

On 2021-11-05 at 8:47 AM, Grim_ReeperS117_2 said:

Archwing launcher segment cost could use some looking at as well, or it could even be removed since you need to craft the archwing launchers anyways.

Until you get the archwing launcher you cant really contribute to open world missions, people fly of to the objective and by the time you get there its already complete.

Also, the fortuna rep grind to do the profit-taker heists was always the bigger problem than the costs of the fortuna amp parts, maybe that requirement could be lowered to rank 3.

Anyone that starts now, finishes the Archwing quest finds out it has almost no use at all. Where you really need it, open world missions, is behind a massive double grind. You HAVE to be in a clan. You HAVE to store credits like a maniac (no buying blueprints or leveling mods). Practically live in PoE, at 1 iradite per node, and needing 100 (50+50), 100 grokdrul (50+50), fish oil is easy, and then the 1200 Oxium that you need to farm with luck 50 per mission... oh did I mention 150k credits?

The game clearly sends a message that Archwing isn't meant to be used at low MR levels.

This has the consequence that Open World content is less appealing, harder than it should be and don't start me on the bloody Gravimag and locking the usage of Arch weapons behind the long grind of Fortuna.

Another thing about the Kubrow, when the new player receives the Taxon, it comes with "Vacuum" mod included. When that player goes to use the Kubrow companion that functionality goes out the window. "Fetch" isn't included, or mentioned making the use of the Kubrow a nuisance rather than a benefit. A bit of consistency, please.

I personally like the changes to the "Tenno Guide" as the game does lack in tutorials, for a game that's meant to "flow" there has to be a consistent path to follow (or ignore when grinding) otherwise players will feel lost, and just never come back to it out of frustration.

However, I can't help but feel there needs to be a better in-depth tutorial of how modding works, at the start you're not given many options, which is fine because most weapons surpass the need for decent mods early on, but as the game progresses, you need the ability to take more damage, amp up your abilities, increase your weapon's damage, and so on. 

The first thing someone might do early on is pick up some random uncommon elemental mods and slap them on their weapon because "bigger number = better" when in reality there's strengths and weaknesses for each faction that have to be taken into consideration, and outside of the odd faction mod (Bane of Grineer and such) there's no general guide for what makes a well rounded build, so people still end up struggling as they progress out of the beginner areas.

The first thing I find new players asking isn't "how do I increase the damage of my weapon" it's instead "where do I find a better weapon", when sometimes that "better weapon" doesn't exist until later mastery ranks.

As for the necramech farming changes, they certainly are welcome as farming for necrathene has commonly been an issue despite the downgrade of rarity, although I feel like the issue isn't the broken parts, but rather the means to kill the mechs without a mech.

You either need a really good weapon setup to even scratch their shields, or someone with a mech to make the process easier, which is counterintuitive if the general aim is to get mechs in the hands of people quicker, because it essentially doesn't change much, people will still need to deal with these gimmicky fights before they even get a chance to drop one of the parts.

With earlier changes to have people use the entirety of their arsenal, it make sense to make these adjustments so that the tools they're expected to have are there. 

With time and the Guide implemented, I'm sure these issues will be highlighted regardless.

20 hours ago, (NSW)Serevor said:

You can farm Rhyno blueprints at Venus. But you don't have access to Control Modules until you reach the Void, which is frustrating for newbies.

This is a game about warframes, but you are trapped with only your starter frame until well late in the game.

Please, fix it.

They changed the requirement for control modules back in April.  It's Gallium now, which is far more easily attained.  The furthest you have to go now is Phobos, because you need plastids.

3 hours ago, DarknessNightshade said:

I personally like the changes to the "Tenno Guide" as the game does lack in tutorials, for a game that's meant to "flow" there has to be a consistent path to follow (or ignore when grinding) otherwise players will feel lost, and just never come back to it out of frustration.

However, I can't help but feel there needs to be a better in-depth tutorial of how modding works, at the start you're not given many options, which is fine because most weapons surpass the need for decent mods early on, but as the game progresses, you need the ability to take more damage, amp up your abilities, increase your weapon's damage, and so on. 

The first thing someone might do early on is pick up some random uncommon elemental mods and slap them on their weapon because "bigger number = better" when in reality there's strengths and weaknesses for each faction that have to be taken into consideration, and outside of the odd faction mod (Bane of Grineer and such) there's no general guide for what makes a well rounded build, so people still end up struggling as they progress out of the beginner areas.

The first thing I find new players asking isn't "how do I increase the damage of my weapon" it's instead "where do I find a better weapon", when sometimes that "better weapon" doesn't exist until later mastery ranks.

As for the necramech farming changes, they certainly are welcome as farming for necrathene has commonly been an issue despite the downgrade of rarity, although I feel like the issue isn't the broken parts, but rather the means to kill the mechs without a mech.

You either need a really good weapon setup to even scratch their shields, or someone with a mech to make the process easier, which is counterintuitive if the general aim is to get mechs in the hands of people quicker, because it essentially doesn't change much, people will still need to deal with these gimmicky fights before they even get a chance to drop one of the parts.

With earlier changes to have people use the entirety of their arsenal, it make sense to make these adjustments so that the tools they're expected to have are there. 

With time and the Guide implemented, I'm sure these issues will be highlighted regardless.

https://ibb.co/PgDq7Cp
https://ibb.co/Z1M0KCd

Like this?

6 hours ago, FatGiant said:

Anyone that starts now, finishes the Archwing quest finds out it has almost no use at all. Where you really need it, open world missions, is behind a massive double grind. You HAVE to be in a clan. You HAVE to store credits like a maniac (no buying blueprints or leveling mods). Practically live in PoE, at 1 iradite per node, and needing 100 (50+50), 100 grokdrul (50+50), fish oil is easy, and then the 1200 Oxium that you need to farm with luck 50 per mission... oh did I mention 150k credits?

The game clearly sends a message that Archwing isn't meant to be used at low MR levels.

This has the consequence that Open World content is less appealing, harder than it should be and don't start me on the bloody Gravimag and locking the usage of Arch weapons behind the long grind of Fortuna.

You get 3 iradite on the higher level areas like northwest poe.

8 hours ago, FrostedMike said:

It doesn't mean we should give up because it's hard to implement... Game development is not easy in general.

I'm not saying we should give up... But do you have any Idea how hard it is to convince DE to stop using the lazy RNG way of doing things ?

8 hours ago, FrostedMike said:

"The mods need RNG". This is not  the point. Modding is subjective and not about using the meta. If the game will teach modding, it should be in a way that tells them that there are many ways to mod, not specific builds.

Ofcourse there are many ways to mod.... But fact is there's only 2 or 3 Practical Builds.... Just because you can Slap Warm Coat on your Warframe doesn't make it a good idea....

There's only so many Plus Damage Mods and 2 Mods for each Element.... The rest of the junk you pick up are Spare Vitalities and Ammo Cases...

Do you have any idea how many Spy Runs I had to do get my first Hornet Strike to drop ?

Modding might be complicated but not having the Correct mods to begin with turns an already complicated endeavour into futile exercise in frustration.... 

Why are these mods even RNG Gated anyway ? You need a metric ton of Endo to upgrade them anyway so it's not like new players are gonna coast through the game just by having them....

Oh that's right... You can buy them in the Market ¯\_(ツ)_/¯....

9 hours ago, FrostedMike said:

Teaching modding with a quest seems like the best way for it in my opinion. I believe I can design you such quest, at least a rough one. Getting the "essential mods" as quest reward will bypass the RNG part, the same with Endo.

Which ever method gets rid of RNG is better than what new players have now...

1 hour ago, FatGiant said:

And how does a new player get there, or even knows about it?

I can't speak for anyone else but I simply snuck into a public groups to unlock the final tier.... From there it was a Free For All Iradite Extravaganza 😛 !!!!

On 2021-11-04 at 5:06 PM, Shoumath said:

Yes. I was MR20 when I found out that Vay Hek has a silly "shoot when he's talking" mechanic, I always assumed the fight was just a "keep shooting and pray that he's vulnerable" since the game never mentioned anything about it.

Unfortunately because of how power creep/insane scaling is in general, and how ludicrous the visibility problem has gotten with newer weapons, this is basically how invulnerability phases work. There's no point doing anything but spamming attack so the instant the invulnerability phase ends all those procs and damage slam through at once.

Short of a staggering rework of literally every weapon, enemy, and ability in the entire game that's not going to change.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Bleh no need to refund personally and I'm not even swimming in resources. If people really want something then how about an operator T-shirt saying "I crafted amps when it was expensive". I would love that

There's a lot of us that haven't maxed out all of that content yet who would benefit enormously from getting back tens of thousands in standing and what used to be abysmally painful to grind resources. Imho the only thing worse than the necramech grind (other than New Player Experience™) are amps, because that's a complete catch-22. You can grind for a necramech using other content, but the only way to get an operator that isn't egregiously and painfully awful and un-fun in literally every single way is by using your operator. You need eidolons to progress with the Quills at more than a glacial pace. You need the Quills for your operator to not be completely and utterly useless and awful and un-fun to play in every single way. And you need your completely and utterly useless, un-fun, painful to play operator to take down eidolons.

Completely leaving aside that we play this game to be mystic powered parkour space ninjas and not slow squishy weak tweens, it's breaking the cardinal rule of progression based gameplay: Never punish the player for engaging with new content. Catch-22's are the content kiss of death. As they stand right now operators are like forcing players to complete the entire starmap with level 1 starter frames and a level 1 mk-1 strun before they're allowed to start levelling anything or using mods. The only real viable way to progress is either finding an exploit to get around it, or getting carried by someone else.

So... yeah. I'd love to get the resources and standing I already spent refunded to help get further in that. Operators are the reverse-midas of warframe, anything they touch they ruin.

Since DE is working on the new player experience, here is another potential issue that could be addressed, that is probably an easy win.

I feel that the 24 hour next Mastery Rank and Test Failure timers should be removed (or drastically reduced) or at the very least the fail timer removed.

These timers are potentially a point of anxiety or frustration for newer players that act as a barrier to entry and may cause them to quit playing.

They appear to be in place due to misconceptions about account selling/boosting.

Here's another thread detailing more information:

On 2021-11-04 at 10:55 AM, Jalepino_Joe said:

Im very glad to see these changes and hope that people wont be scared off quite as quickly anymore. I generally think vey hek is kind of a stupid fight, that isnt intuitive at all and needs a rework, but so do most bosses imo (jackal rework was fantastic btw). If your goal is to make progression more fluid and thats why youre removing the prosecutor requirement, please remove the specter crafting requirement from the europa junction or reduce the specter crafting time. Getting home from work/school, making it to jupiter and wanting to progress but then seeing even if you play for a while and complete all the nodes and other requirements, you still need to wait 8 hours to actually continue is dumb. Also, rhino needs to attention the heat sword is getting. He is obtained from mercury but you need plastids (which require saturn) to actually get him. Hes a very basic tank frame and very nice to have, his crafting should not be locked behind completing half the star chart.

You *can* obtain plastids from Phobos as well, which was how I built from Rhino well before reaching Saturn, but it was a very difficult grind due to how low they drop in Phobos. I agree this should be looked at to make crafting Rhino easier to do earlier on. Such a great frame for beginners to get through the star chart! Heck, I still use him lots lol. In fact lots of low MR requirement weapons require too high of a plastid count and could also be looked at. Or the plasids drop rate increased on Phobos would be another good option.

This is terrific. Two of the biggest criticisms of Warframe's early game experience are that it's too grindy right off the bat and gives players no obvious objectives. A guide would help provide that direction, and lowered resource costs should hopefully help with the grind as well. Well done on implementing this!

I've just been trying to level up a necramech, with the weekend booster and an additional booster for 4x affitiny....even with the 4x affinity the process is so slow.  So could you maybe tweak that while you're doing your changes to necramechs... we  shouldn't need 4x affinity to make levelling a necramech bearable.

9 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I've just been trying to level up a necramech, with the weekend booster and an additional booster for 4x affitiny....even with the 4x affinity the process is so slow.  So could you maybe tweak that while you're doing your changes to necramechs... we  shouldn't need 4x affinity to make levelling a necramech bearable.

Best way I found was going solo on Orb Vallis with necramech and farming xp by capturing bases around Vallis in my Mech with 4x affinity. You could level it very quickly. 

On 2021-11-05 at 4:40 PM, Lutesque said:

I thought Corpus Enemies were tougher than Grineer enemies at lower levels ? Especially now that they got Shield Buffs and in both my accounts I never had Toxin Mods when I was on Phobos....

I don't remember struggling much until beyond ceres. Phobos has the Sergeant so I assumed it was an easy planet for everyone other than the archwing missions. 

Impact and blast are strong for corpus especially on low levels. And I remember have a heat and cold mod for most weapon types early on.

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

3 hours ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Best way I found was going solo on Orb Vallis with necramech and farming xp by capturing bases around Vallis in my Mech with 4x affinity. You could level it very quickly. 

For me the fastest way was Void Storm Survival Missions... But since Void Storms are broken you'l Definitely want to be level 10 first before even going there... That way you can use Arquebex and Iron Bride right off the Bat...

And this is how I got Sevagoth and Holokeys... Which is why you haven't seen me Complain about them lately...😝

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

I don't remember struggling much until beyond ceres. Phobos has the Sergeant so I assumed it was an easy planet for everyone other than the archwing missions. 

Impact and blast are strong for corpus especially on low levels. And I remember have a heat and cold mod for most weapon types early on.

I mean this was before The Status Rework so I don't know what works better on them now....

Magnetic should be easy to makee the start right ? I think Cold mods drop like Hot Cakes the at lower levels 🤔....

Archived