Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

I do not understand the confusion - everything that was previously exclusively obtainable via a direct monetary transaction will remain as such. All Regal Aya is doing is act as a "translation" between monetary transaction and ingame exchange, so DE won't have to reinvent the wheel when it comes to how the ingame store system operates.

It's pretty much a certainty that all Prime accessories will remain a premium exchange.

I would prefer to buy accessories packs with cash compared to this as it stands. I agree with others saying the Regal Aya costs don't match up. Like looking at the Nyx Vault accessories I already own: the Targis Prime Armor is listed at 3 Regal Aya. So for $20 get just the Targis Prime Armor set, whereas through the existing Prime Vault accessories pack I pay $20 for the Targis Prime Armor and the Vala Prime Sugatra and 200p. Even if the Targis Prime Armor were 2 Regal Aya (edit: which it now is), or if Regal Aya bundle was 4 for $20, I'm still not getting the 200p from the current pack. So I pay $20 for just the accessories, where before I paid $20 for the accessories and ~$10 in plat.

Regal Aya prices need to be have been adjusted, which is a good first step.

Bundles of Regal Aya should come with plat, too.

On 2021-11-02 at 12:05 PM, [DE]Danielle said:
  • Purchasing a Prime Accessory Set = 3 Regal Aya or 19.99 USD
    • The same as an individual Accessories Pack.

This is not the same, it's missing the ~$10 USD in plat. The same would be this:

• Purchasing a Prime Accessory Set and 200p = 3 Regal Aya or 19.99 USD
    • The same as an individual Accessories Pack.

etc.

5 minutes ago, XAN3MK said:

I do not understand the confusion - everything that was previously exclusively obtainable via a direct monetary transaction will remain as such. All Regal Aya is doing is act as a "translation" between monetary transaction and ingame exchange, so DE won't have to reinvent the wheel when it comes to how the ingame store system operates.

It's pretty much a certainty that all Prime accessories will remain a premium exchange.

The cost is not equal is a big complaint.
These costs are reflective of vault packs with platinum... a thing these regal packs DONT come with.

They could at least throw in platinum on these to justify it. Like accessory packs cost just as much as the 3x tier but those come with 200 plat at least.

Just now, Cazzzz said:

Banshee Prime not in the list? Why are there later frames being rereleased (ie, Mesa, Limbo) and not some of the older ones, or is this an intentional choice?

Why do people stop reading the update note half way through?

Why are certain vaulted Warframes not available through Varzia? 

Since we aren’t committing fully to Prime Resurgence returning until we complete this first run, we want to make sure there are Prime Warframes that can continue under the Prime Vault program. The decision making process simply involved seeing which Warframes were recently vaulted or unvaulted, since the gap from being available to Vault isn’t as extreme. The following Warframes fall under these two categories:

• Recently Vaulted:
    • Equinox Prime - 23/02/2021
    • Wukong Prime - 25/05/2021
  • Recently Unvaulted:
    • Banshee Prime - 15/12/2020
    • Mirage Prime - 15/12/2020
    • Chroma Prime - 27/04/2021
    • Zephyr Prime - 27/04/2021

Just now, gbjbaanb said:

Why do people stop reading the update note half way through?

Why are certain vaulted Warframes not available through Varzia? 

Since we aren’t committing fully to Prime Resurgence returning until we complete this first run, we want to make sure there are Prime Warframes that can continue under the Prime Vault program. The decision making process simply involved seeing which Warframes were recently vaulted or unvaulted, since the gap from being available to Vault isn’t as extreme. The following Warframes fall under these two categories:

• Recently Vaulted:
    • Equinox Prime - 23/02/2021
    • Wukong Prime - 25/05/2021
  • Recently Unvaulted:
    • Banshee Prime - 15/12/2020
    • Mirage Prime - 15/12/2020
    • Chroma Prime - 27/04/2021
    • Zephyr Prime - 27/04/2021

I read this and am wondering why these ones specifically are being exempted from an event designed to enable access to Vaulted Primes. It makes little sense, ESPECIALLY because they are rerunning Nyx/Rhino with the event.

On 2021-11-02 at 3:05 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Generous amounts of Endo were added to the packs instead of Platinum because we simply cannot justify or reason with having players pay for one premium currency to purchase another. When looking at how this affects pack value, we want to make clear that the decision was made to maintain existing values with how it relates to the Prime items in bundles (and how that relates to their Regal Aya value). Endo and Platinum are both bonuses added to the pack at no additional cost to the player.

As someone potentially interested in prime accessories, 10k and 50k endo is nowhere near equitable to 200 and 1,200 platinum (respectively) for the vast majority of players. I think everything else is has been done well with the resurgence, but this is a step in the wrong direction. 

----------------

EDIT: Sorry, it looks like I made some potentially incorrect assumptions. 

• Hopefully the 'Prime Accessory Set' is the same as the 'Accessories Pack' (since you compared their prices), and not just an armor 'set'. Because if not, this is beyond scummy from a paid prospective. And if it is, you all set a needless trap, where some of the solo accessories are priced at the same 3 Regal Ayas that the entire Pack cost.
  • And I misread. Not only are you taking the 200 plat from the accessories and substituting it with nothing. But the 400 plat you get in the solo Warframe pack, is what you're actually substituting with a mere 10k endo

The 1-3 extra RAs you get from buying in bulk are paltry in regards to my respect for this company, if the original deal isn't preserved. These cosmetics are up to 6 years old, if anything we should be getting a slightly better deal from the get go (but I'll settle for the same).

4 minutes ago, VoreoTheDragon said:

The cost is not equal is a big complaint.
These costs are reflective of vault packs with platinum... a thing these regal packs DONT come with.

They could at least throw in platinum on these to justify it. Like accessory packs cost just as much as the 3x tier but those come with 200 plat at least.

Oh, absolutely, that is a valid concern and not something I wanted to touch on. I was just baffled that some people expected to be able to get Prime cosmetics for free, which was likely never on the table.

As for the value. Ideally, the prices should be weighted as if the platinum was not present - remove the 200 platinum from the equation and balance the cost around that fact.

4 minutes ago, gbjbaanb said:

read it again. They say why. You may not agree with their reasoning, but that's their decision.

Their reason is "We're gonna do an event for vaulted Primes and exclude half of them because its too recent except for these immediately recent." You are right, I dont like their reasoning and the goal of the forums is to ask questions and contest their choices and see if they will reconsider.

If you are just gonna quote me to tell me "Dont bad talk DE" you can stop there.

Something is definitely off with the prices. 

You're telling us that a prime accessories package is valued in 3 royal regal which is definitely not the case. 

With the current system we get all the offered accessories + some platinum for 19.99 USD. 
Now (talking about the next rotation) we'll have to choose between just 1 accessory for the same price. That's definitely wrong.

Prime accessories being removed from 'free' tier....  basically makes this a complete waste of time for me then as I pretty much have everything else on the list. 

I do wonder if the real intent behind this change was to nerf the plat trading value on 'rare' primes and push players towards buying plat instead of farming/trading for it...

Archived