Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nights of Naberus 2021 Has Ended

[DE]Dudley

Tenno,

The ancient festival has drawn to a close. We hope that you got into some mischief and got your Nyctalus Ephemera, among the other goodies in Daughter’s store. With the festival over, so too must we smash our Dullahan Masks.

We will be removing all Dullahan Masks, tomorrow, November 4th at 2 pm ET on all platforms. 

Until next year Tenno!

6 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

Maybe one day we will get an option to just toggle off holiday items so people that want them can keep them and those that find them intrusive can hide them.

No

The whole point of holiday events is the inclusion of event specific stuff. Having them available year round is pointless.

1 hour ago, [DE]Dudley said:

Tenno,

The ancient festival has drawn to a close. We hope that you got into some mischief and got your Nyctalus Ephemera, among the other goodies in Daughter’s store. With the festival over, so too must we smash our Dullahan Masks.

We will be removing all Dullahan Masks, tomorrow, November 4th at 2 pm ET on all platforms. 

Until next year Tenno!

Out of curiosity, will any existing Liches or Sisters get to keep the Dullahan Mask?

I wasn't able to try getting one, but maybe next time it's around :)

7 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

No

The whole point of holiday events is the inclusion of event specific stuff. Having them available year round is pointless.

Yet there are several like the Naberus and day of the dead items. the candycane scythes, the ringer skin, a number of glyphs, the valentines day wings and arrow skins, the Christmas decorations for the Orbiter and probably a few others that I am missing that are available all year. DE has been consistently inconsistent on the matter. Adding a toggle resolves the issue while allowing the most people to be satisfied with the results.

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

No

How would this affect you if you could just toggle off others holiday affects?

Why speak out against it when it literally wouldn't affect you at all, and you could just toggle it off from view? 

15 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

How would this affect you if you could just toggle off others holiday affects?

Why speak out against it when it literally wouldn't affect you at all, and you could just toggle it off from view? 

I speak out against things I find asinine.

Being able to wear the holiday cosmetics outside of the intended event is asinine. 

1 hour ago, xRufus7x said:

Yet there are several like the Naberus and day of the dead items. the candycane scythes, the ringer skin, a number of glyphs, the valentines day wings and arrow skins, the Christmas decorations for the Orbiter and probably a few others that I am missing that are available all year. DE has been consistently inconsistent on the matter. Adding a toggle resolves the issue while allowing the most people to be satisfied with the results.

There are a few exceptions to the holiday rule but when it comes to frame cosmetics it is fairly universal that these are restricted to events (pumpkin mask, bunny ears, mustaches etc.). 

16 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Being able to wear the holiday cosmetics outside of the intended event is asinine. 

There are a few exceptions to the holiday rule but when it comes to frame cosmetics it is fairly universal that these are restricted to events (pumpkin mask, bunny ears, mustaches etc.). 

That is a fair take on it in and of itself, though I'm pretty sure these sort of things will always come around year after year. The Naberus / Valentine's day cosmetics (The wing Ephemera) are permanent per DE, as well as the Eros Arrow skin (Which originally wasn't permanent, I think). I imagine there's actually a lot of people who may like to keep things like that out of sight altogether, which the Peculiar Content option would manage on the user's side of things.

• At least hypothetically, if it were implemented and you had it set to Never show up, the most that would happen is people talking about the cosmetics in chat as far as that goes. But I do see where you're coming from :)

The option may create more work at first than making Wings fade in and out while aiming (As an example), but every time cosmetics like the Dullahan Mask are introduced, people seem to be divided over it for various reasons. I just find it unfortunate that that happens nearly every time is all; I feel that it would make a lot of people feel better in the long run if they had a choice on whether to see them in-game or not.

Perhaps (If implemented) it may become less work in the future on DE's side of things, since they wouldn't have to repeatedly get rid of / re-introduce cosmetics, or need to make multiple things fade in / out manually? I'd hope so, anyway. But it's just some food for thought.

Giant bat and bird wings are fine though 🙄

Oh well, yet another seasonal event without any sensible improvements to these cosmetics.

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

No

Speak for yourself, please. I'm pretty sure that at this point there are more of these cosmetics that are permanent than not, unless you count each of the Movember mustaches individually.

On 2021-11-03 at 2:13 PM, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Out of curiosity, will any existing Liches or Sisters get to keep the Dullahan Mask?

I wasn't able to try getting one, but maybe next time it's around :)

Mine still has hers, as do the others. Of course, they're still placed incorrectly and float between their legs. It's a really cool feature, and a shame that it's gone unfixed despite being known about for the entire event.

Edit: Now that the Dullahan Mask is fully gone, I can again confirm that my current Lich (generated yesterday) still has his pumpkin, and that my converted Liches still have theirs as well even when on call. Still broken, though.

H5LbgsJ.png

She'd be pretty bad-ass if only that pumpkin were placed right.

The proposal would literally keep the existence of others using them totally invisible to you, so why should it matter?

This reminds me of that Speed Racer meme, "haha, this does not affect us at all, haha!". 

It just sounds like trying to stop others from having something they would enjoy "on principle" even though it doesn't affect you at all, and tbh that just sound spiteful to me. 

Also, you keep using that word, but I don't think it means what you think it means. 

Asinine means: "extremely stupid or foolish". Wanting to wear holiday stuff outside of the holiday is simply a preference, it is a matter of taste, not even opinion, but taste/preference. Therefore no opinion on liking or disliking seeing those things outside the holiday can be "extremely stupid or foolish" it is solely a matter of taste. Not fact, not even opinion, just taste. 

I see no reason beyond spite to speak out against a toggle for peculiar content being on year round. 

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

Mine still has hers, as do the others. Of course, they're still placed incorrectly and float between their legs. It's a really cool feature, and a shame that it's gone unfixed despite being known about for the entire event.

Ah, well it's good to know the retain those at all.

I hope that'll get fixed once the New War is here at least. Now that I think of it, Liches & Sisters' hounds with Mustaches might be achievable for now too; Although I doubt the Mustache would randomly be bugged somewhere on a Lich (On the face would be happy accident).

• Wait, unless it doesn't show along with the Helmet, on second thought.

Either way, thanks for letting me know :)

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Ah, well it's good to know the retain those at all.

I hope that'll get fixed once the New War is here at least. Now that I think of it, Liches & Sisters' hounds with Mustaches might be achievable for now too; Although I doubt the Mustache would randomly be bugged somewhere on a Lich (On the face would be happy accident).

• Wait, unless it doesn't show along with the Helmet, on second thought.

Either way, thanks for letting me know :)

The Dullahan Liches are only possible because DE changed the Dullahan mask from an Auxiliary to a Helmet to fix some other bug related to missing heads. So you won't find a Movember Lich because the mustaches are in the Auxiliary slot. That said, there's no reason DE couldn't add seasonal cosmetics to Liches generated during seasonal events. For example, a non-Ephemera Lich could generate with the Snowfall Ephemera during the Solstice event or a mustached Lich could be generated during Movember. That'd be a cool way to reignite interest in Liches and Sisters throughout the year, and if DE would just add the Show Peculiar Content feature already then this wouldn't be an issue.

You should also be able to generate Dullahan Sisters, but since only the Hounds have the helmet you'd never see it if you converted it. (Captured Hounds should really keep the holographic helmet attachment, just sayin').

And you still have time to generate a Dullahan Lich! You don't have to kill it, just get it started.

4 hours ago, Leqesai said:

The exceptions make up half the list and ephemera are Warframe cosmetics and we have several holiday ones now. That is the problem. When half the use cases are exceptions, they stop being exceptions.

5 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Speak for yourself, please. I'm pretty sure that at this point there are more of these cosmetics that are permanent than not, unless you count each of the Movember mustaches individually.

With all due respect, I believe I was speaking for myself. 

5 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Also, you keep using that word, but I don't think it means what you think it means. 

Asinine means: "extremely stupid or foolish". Wanting to wear holiday stuff outside of the holiday is simply a preference, it is a matter of taste, not even opinion, but taste/preference. Therefore no opinion on liking or disliking seeing those things outside the holiday can be "extremely stupid or foolish" it is solely a matter of taste. Not fact, not even opinion, just taste. 

I see no reason beyond spite to speak out against a toggle for peculiar content being on year round. 

I understand the meaning of the word perfectly fine. If you think it isn't foolish to wear garish holiday decorations year round then, well... good for you, I suppose. 

Also, as an aside, are you a relativist, perchance? If so I am interested in learning a bit more about your perspective on things. Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

With all due respect, I believe I was speaking for myself. 

When what you're saying is "you shouldn't get the feature you want because I don't want it", no, you're not just speaking for yourself. You'd be affected by the addition of such a feature in zero ways. In fact, you'd benefit from such a feature because it sounds like you don't think these cosmetics should be visible year-round. And yet many already are, especially the ones added recently like the permanent Snowfall Ephemera, Eros Ephemera, Eros Arrow Skin, Soaktron skin, and Nyctalus Ephemera, all added permanently or made permanent in just the last year. If you think these cosmetics shouldn't be available year round, then too bad. At this point most of them already are. The only option you have to keep these cosmetics contained to their seasonal events in the way you seem to want is to support the option you're saying "no" to.

48 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

When what you're saying is "you shouldn't get the feature you want because I don't want it", no, you're not just speaking for yourself. You'd be affected by the addition of such a feature in zero ways. In fact, you'd benefit from such a feature because it sounds like you don't think these cosmetics should be visible year-round. And yet many already are, especially the ones added recently like the permanent Snowfall Ephemera, Eros Ephemera, Eros Arrow Skin, Soaktron skin, and Nyctalus Ephemera, all added permanently or made permanent in just the last year. If you think these cosmetics shouldn't be available year round, then too bad. At this point most of them already are. The only option you have to keep these cosmetics contained to their seasonal events in the way you seem to want is to support the option you're saying "no" to.

Here's the thing though, my dude. When people propose an idea, others are free to voice their disapproval/approval. Just because I don't want year-round bunny ears and pumpkin heads doesn't invalidate anyone's opinion that having these available is a good idea. Voicing my opinion also does not require explanation/justification. If you don't agree with my view then you don't have to engage with me/it. You're certainly not going to change my mind by attempting to shut my opinion down.

Bunny ears and pumpkin heads year round are asinine. <--- My opinion =/= universal truth or fact

16 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Here's the thing though, my dude. When people propose an idea, others are free to voice their disapproval/approval. Just because I don't want year-round bunny ears and pumpkin heads doesn't invalidate anyone's opinion that having these available is a good idea. Voicing my opinion also does not require explanation/justification. If you don't agree with my view then you don't have to engage with me/it. You're certainly not going to change my mind by attempting to shut my opinion down.

Bunny ears and pumpkin heads year round are asinine. <--- My opinion =/= universal truth or fact

Here's the thing though, my guy. The disapproval you're voicing is against the very thing that would get you what you want: seasonal cosmetics only visible during seasonal events by default.

Archived