Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability Use Triggers Controller Bug

(XBOX)NittanyLion3094

Can't seem to find anyone else having this bug, but it's getting difficult to play...

About two out of three times when I use an ability, whether with the standard buttons or the right-bumper shortcut, it wigs out my game to where I cannot attack. If I try to to anything else, it often repeats a random ability use.

I can get rid of the bug by going into operator mode (which quite often I have to trigger several times because the initial try results in the random ability use) and then back into warframe mode, but doing so in high-end content is getting extremely frustrating and is getting me killed.

I have tried different controllers, so the problem is not with the controller.

My clanmates have experienced the bug on rare occasions, but mine is almost constant.

I'm starting to wonder if I might need to uninstall and reinstall the game ... it's that bad.

I could post a video, but without the controller actions included, it likely wouldn't show heart of the problem.

• 1 month later...

I have also had the same, or at least a very similar problem fairly consistently. Sometimes when I use an ability, all of my inputs are as if my "RB" button remains depressed, and only gets corrected when I enter then exit my operator. So I will press "RB" + "A" to cast an ability and then release "RB" and press "B" to start melee, instead of melee, I will end up casting my "B" ability. In addition to that, I sometimes experience erroneous inputs with ability selection. Namely, when selecting/using an arrow from Ivara's quiver ability, the game will randomly advance what arrow I have selected either after using the ability or when cycling through the arrow selection (If I cycle to or use her sleep arrow, the game with randomly advance to her cloaking arrow). I don't have this issue with other games and changing controllers did nothing to fix the problem.

I don't know if it helps and/or is relevant, but my controller is a Xbox elite series 2 (also tried with 2 different generic Xbox controllers). I'm playing on a Xbox series X with Warframe downloaded onto the internal hard drive

• 4 weeks later...

same issue - game behaves like the ability button is still held down until you activate another ability (any ability including going to operator).

so for example lets say LB is ability button

if you activate your first ability with LB+A then release all the buttons, it will behave like you are still holding LB - so you if you press A again it will active your A ability, or press X it will activate that ability etc  and keep doing that until you actually press and hold LB+[another ability button]

This was a bug that appeared at least a year ago (maybe two?) and I feel like it was resolved, but has re-emerged with the new war.  Its not super common, but its definitely an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm even having these same issues on my series x console and controllers and my elite 2 controller. Whenever I hit the right bumper to open the ability menu one of 3 things will happen, 1 it will do what it's supposed to which is use selected ability if I hit it quickly, or hold and hit A X B or Y and use the respective ability, this is what happens the least common to happen out of the 3. 2 will it will just go and use selected ability twice, example if I try to use transference, it will use it and then immediately kick me back to my warframe / nechramech. 3 is it gets me locked into using only abilities after I use an ability whether with quick selection or using A B X or Y and then when ever I hit A B X or Y to do their usual response (for example A to jump) it will just try using the A ability again as if I'm still holding right bumper.

Archived