Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.9.0: Prime Resurgence

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

FORMA MASTERY RANK CHANGES:

When we first introduced Forma years ago, Warframe was a much smaller game. We had fewer weapons, fewer Warframes, and way fewer Mods. As players continue their Forma journey, there’s often discussions on doing a Quality of Life (QOL) pass to the way things work with our favourite Golden Puzzle Piece. 

We want your Mastery Rank to be considered when using Forma to establish a baseline power level for your playable characters!

What does that mean?

If a Mastery Rank 30 player uses a Forma, they won’t have to re-unlock any Abilities (or their Ranks) on a given item! Yes, they’ll still need to level the gear itself to apply another Forma but, depending on your Mastery Rank, you can have access to more (or all) Abilities on your unranked gear! This achieves our goal of keeping Forma essential to build customization, but allowing players with higher Mastery Ranks a more convenient experience. 

Right now, using a Forma on a Warframe (or Archwing/Necramech) requires you to start from 0 when it comes to Abilities you can use. Furthermore, you only get the first Rank of your First ability. Take Valkyr for instance. You install a Forma, and you’re back to only casting unranked Rip Line!

Our change will make it so your Mastery Rank impacts how much you have unlocked by default on Forma use. Following our Valkyr example, with this change, a Mastery Rank 10 player would have all of her abilities unlocked upon applying a Forma to her, albeit not at their full strength! 

This ranking process is something players already experience in game - you know by the time you’ve levelled your Valkyr on Hydron to 10, you unlock Hysteria. We are making your Mastery Rank ‘match’ those milestones, so to speak, with the end goal being a Mastery Rank 30 player can use Forma without ever having to be locked out of Abilities. Simply put, the higher your Mastery Rank, the higher the baseline of your gear when using Forma.

*New additions since the Dev Workshop:

Post Dev Workshop feedback and continued conversations have added on another related change to reaching Mastery Rank 30+:

Sorties and Arbitrations now allow Mastery Rank 30+ players that have put at least 1 Forma into their Warframe to bypass the "Rank 30 Warframe" requirement. 

That is all neat, but please give us a universal forma that will work with all polarities (except Umbra), and hopefully not being overpriced to make.

• Like 6

I don't like this new currency deal. I'm okay with it being in the game, but I don't like that it could be paid for. This smells like gacha... Change it to platinum instead. That way people who are okay with buying it with money still can, but those of us who've farmed out platinum through trades will be able to get the "quick and easy" "paid" version too. And if we absolutly, positivly need this new currency. Do make it fair for the free to play people. If you don't then you will lose a fair bit of good-will... I hope you've taken this into consideration <3

• Like 13

When dragging around Mod Configs to swap (i.e Swapping Mod Config A to Config B), we now swap applied Helminth abilities as well to support the Modding of a given Helminth choice. 

Yes!

Changed The Vast Untime to recast while active by tapping ability and deactivated by holding. 

YES!

Thanks for those!

15 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

80 freaking dollars for "in-game" currency?!

Well in reality it keeps the price of old prime vault access (pack 1+2 equals a dual access for the same price). The downside is no platinum from the packs, but you get the freedom to pick the things you want from different access packs across the whole period.

Better or worse I dont know.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kyori said:

Can we have this as a toggle? Because as previously we can test different build on other Configs without having all Config subsume with the same subsumed ability.

Still confusing. So meaning the AoE hit will proc this mod but the bonus damage will not apply to the AoE damage? So it's a nerf disguised as fix. o

Still as confusing. So now this nightwave challenge only works in Kuva Fortress's Survival mission? It won't work on any Kuva Survival missions outside of Kuva Fortress?

So now it need 4 instead of 1? Oh many poor tenno will have trouble with this now lol

The Nightwave challenge doesn't work in the Kuva Siphon Survival and Kuva Flood Survival missions, only in the Survival mission that's on the Kuva Fortress.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed Kavats in the Look Link dioramas showing the same tail style regardless of their actual tail style. 

Thank you so much. You fixed a thing that you broke 2 years back. Can't wait for the next fix in 2 years to address bugs like this:

Spoiler

Warframe-Screenshot-2021-11-11-18-00-21-

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, HypoTherm said:

Not quite sure what you mean here. The unvaulted relics will be earned by playing the game or by purchasing a currency with real money.

This is no different to the current way of earning prime frames when they are unvaulted (play the game or buy them outright to contribute to the developers).

You are missing a very crucial part. You play To Get the new currency and Then you turn it in for a Relic. It literally depends on how much and how often Aya will be gotten, and what the Aya cost of a Relic is going to be. One example how it can be bad is if a Vaulted Relic is Lith, but still costs Aya equal to 4+ mission runs, hope you can see why it could be bad.

You are not just playing the game and getting the relic in this "event", you are getting a currency to exchange. It has it's pluses, but god it has so much room to get completely wrong, that........ to be honest, with the addition of the Regal Aya.... I am not sure DE will hit the rates and prices right.

Just an example - A Vaulted Prime Armor set offer is 19.99$ and it comes with 200 plat, the armor set, and another random thing. With Regal Aya - You need 3 Regal Aya to get One Armor set..... that's it, no plat no extra tingey (as far as i can see on the page and the post). Just to clarify, 3 Regal Aya Also Costs 19.99$, if the armor does not come with the extra stuff it usually comes, it a straight price jump. Even if it is the same stuff for 19.99$, putting the items that had a clear price before, trough a currency conversion while preserving the price may sounds like it makes no sense right? It is exactly intended to confuse the player into overspending.

It is a standard gacha game tactic to extort money out of the playerbase by intentionally adding currency conversions and obscurity to the actual cost.

"Hey a dual vaulted prime access not costs only 10 Regal Aya........ oh wait, it's actually the exact same REAL WORLD MONEY price as always"

• Like 10

Reduced Crafting Times for the Rising Tide Quest

In March 2021, we made Railjack more accessible by reducing the crafting resources and the time it took to build your Railjack. Now, we will be reducing the crafting times again from 1 hour to 1 minute per part. As Railjack becomes a larger part of the game, we hope this change will allow new players to swiftly complete Rising Tide, and prepare their Railjack for future fights!

So since i decided to start the quest just before the update will i also get to see this change on the remainding parts of the railjack?

Because atm i have been crafting two parts (after update) and both until now have still been 1 hour

Thanks in advance

Fixed the Railjack hologram above the Plexus console in the Orbiter defaulting to blue briefly before reverting to chosen color after returning to Orbiter from Relay or Hub.

Kinda worked. Just stays blue now and does not revert to the set color at all.

Edit: Since the effect does not disappear i managed to notice that the same goes for the "foundry active animation" (should be same green as the other lights):
HoIvnrY.png

Edited by YuriKeller
  • Like 4

• Changed the description of Galvanized Aptitude to better reflect its current function (which clarifies that area of effect damage is not included)

• ... BUT WAIT! We want to explain why because it’s very important to us that everyone understands where we are coming from with our current design mindset. AoE Weapons are the dominant ones by every usage metric. We see this day after day. Having this bonus apply to the AoE instance felt dangerously close to a myopic choice concerning powering up player Arsenals that simply do not need it. This mod never worked on AoE, and the description now explains that to avoid confusion. We understand those seeking a different outcome will disagree with this choice, but ultimately we are not willing to further bolster AoE at this time. This is due to the increasing difficulty in creating content that serves to challenge the Tenno.   

About time i think ,

I welcome this change and am only disappointed that it was not part of the original release.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed Amalgam Barrel Diffusion not modifying the roll length of Dodges.

This. This is the biggest news of the whole update. I had no idea this mod wasn't working as intended. How did it stay like that since its release, then??

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed the Terminal Velocity Mod not applying projectile velocity changes to Sentinels using the Helstrum weapon. 

And this is the second biggest. WOOO, yeeahh babyyy!

These have been buffs to my Assimilate Nyx just as big as the introduction of the roll was. Now all the loadout needs is for status chance mods to scale with Entropy Burst's increased 'Base Status Chance', since currently it's an augment that's worse than a generic mod…

• Like 1

Invasion menu 'un-cluttering' means making the mission type label smaller and more obscure? OK. Will, matchmaking still drop you in a random mission type- not at all the one listed on the menu? Because that would be a more suitable 'fix' than further obfuscating the only useful information regarding Invasion missions.

• Like 8

hace 28 minutos, SneakyErvin dijo:

Well in reality it keeps the price of old prime vault access (pack 1+2 equals a dual access for the same price). The downside is no platinum from the packs, but you get the freedom to pick the things you want from different access packs across the whole period.

Still, if you want only one accessory bundle, Nova's lets say, you would need to buy the 40$ Regal thing while the Vault pack costs 20$ and, as you said, gives you platinum.

Edited by VoidArkhangel
Spelling
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I think paying the same price to not get 1.2k plat is a pretty big downside...

• Like 4