Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.9.0: Prime Resurgence

[DE]Rebecca

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

When dragging around Mod Configs to swap (i.e Swapping Mod Config A to Config B), we now swap applied Helminth abilities as well to support the Modding of a given Helminth choice. 

well my experience is slower than normal. But hey! The fact that configurations could be swapped with helminth abilities remaining in place was a useful feature. The configs were like shirts and the abilities like pants. You could make multiple outfits with the same 5 shirts and 5 pants. Now, we only have at base 3 outfits despite having 3 shirts and 3 pants. Please consider giving us this functionality back; OR, give copy and replace functionality to us where we are NOT required to link the build in chat to override it. This is annoying. And now once again, DE has stepped in between players and functionality. I guess it's great that configurations can now be moved with the helminth ability but it's NOT great for the loss of functionality. Give it back, please.

On the note of player retention:

Fixed Eidolons being forcibly moved with Bonewidow’s Firing Line ability. While this may sound harmless, a full squad of Bonewidows could displace the Eidolon into water instantly spawning multiple Vomvalysts.

Every player has a journey they embark on until they quit with this game. Players do not normally start out using fun mechanics like those offered by the Bonewidow's herding capability. The fact that a player can fail and learn and adapt to eventually conquer the tridolons; having a mechanic such as Bonewidow's allows for players to continue experiencing new events in Warframe. I'm arguing the case, that like many other exploits, this ability that Bonewidow exhibits is a reason FOR player retention. We like playing games in which we can find new ways to play something that yields unexpected and fun results. Give it back, please.

"may sound harmless..." get off your high-horse. There's more than just that one reason to use Bonewidow's ability on the Eidolon. First and foremost - it's AWESOME. Like, I enjoy lure handling and I did not use this exploit to charge lures because, I thought it was too slow and unreliable as the distance from water that an Eidolon would walk depends on the squad anyhow. If the team really believes that this Vomz spawn is actually harmful, then stop the vomz spawn INSTEAD of GIMPING BONEWIDOW (expletives muffled). Please, give us back Bonewidow's herding ability.

The purposeful removal of player power is destroying your player retention. Similar for all the nerfs made in the great arsenal divide. This game is about players mixing and matching various modifications to base equipment. Let us have fun with the equipment provided.

Fixed script error with Eidolon fights.

Couldn't have been a bit more specific? Now, I feel I need to do several culls to figure out what else has been broken/fixed.

• Like 5

Lovely Lavos Augment; genuinely fun. Shame it either bugged or nerfed his 2 (vial rush) while implementing it, and didn't document doing so anywhere.

For context; before this patch you could jump out of it early to release an AoE burst of the chosen elemental + cold damage, while also releasing a large bundle of vials at the same time. This number of vials was static, and both of these effects occurred instantly, so you were immediately able to go into other abilities, movement, etc. after. This made it, IMO, a really solid movement ability that could be woven into his casting rotation as needed, flowing really nicely and making him really satisfying to play once you got into a good rhythm.

Now, doing so now has a delay incurred based on how early you exit and how much range and duration you have built into him (faster exist, longer range, and longer duration all make the delay longer when exiting early). Even with ~60% range and duration, this can mean a full second of delay, during which you can't begin to cast other abilities (like his augmented 1, which would make him flow really well), parkour, and you get a 50-50 chance of your double jump getting stolen to boot! The number of vials released in the burst is now also based on how early you exit, with it (as far as I can tell) calculating how many vials you would have spawned had you gone the remaining length of the ability and spawning them, plus a few "pity" vials. If you let the ability go to completion, you only get these pity vials in the burst instead. As far as I can tell, this seems like a balance change that slipped out of dev into release. IMO, while the delay makes him way clunkier to play and should be fixed/removed, I genuinely like the vial change; it makes the decision to use the ability as mobility vs. AoE more interesting.

That being said, because its not clear if this is a bug or a balance change, we can't really discuss it. If its the latter, its not noted anywhere, far as I can tell. Could we get some insight into this please? It would make discussing the state of Lavos balance-wise it a bit more meaningful.

Edited by SomeoneInParticular
Dangling sentence corrected
  • Like 4

What are Aya and Regal Aya? 

These are the currencies that are used to purchase items from Varzia! 

Aya is an earned currency that is your free path to gaining Prime items through the in-game Relic system. It is a resource that is exchanged for Void Relics and other non-premium items available in Varzia’s wares. Aya is found in Missions (The Void or Bounties) or has a chance of appearing in Relic Packs available for purchase in the Market for Platinum or Syndicate Offerings for Standing.

Regal Aya is a premium currency (similar to Platinum, but not tradeable) that gives you instant access to Prime Warframes, Weapons, Accessories, and Bundles available in Varzia’s wares. It can be purchased in the Market or online storefronts.

If there are Regal Aya exclusive items, some will be very mad.

• Like 2

We have an extremely thorough Dev Workshop / FAQ explaining how this Event came to be, including the introduction of Regal Aya. Simply put, The Prime Vault program has undergone many changes over the years, all driven by player feedback and requests.

The theme over these changes has been to offer more choice and quicker access to Vaulted Prime rotations. Which is where Prime Resurgence comes in. Please read our Dev Workshop for more information, otherwise enjoy the largest Prime Vault opening of all-time, with a significantly streamlined process for Devs and Players alike!

Prime Vault will still be a thing right?

I did have plans on buying certain parings when they showed up.

• Like 1

Amp Recipe Reductions

This change is two fold: reduced crafting costs for Amp parts, and reduced Standing cost for purchasing parts. Our goal here is to make constructing an Amp more accessible to players by reducing resource demands. This is rooted firmly in the role upgrading your Amp plays in performing well in main quests like The Sacrifice as well as engaging in Focus Tree related content. Here are the changes below:

Does this mean the Veterans that have already built all the AMPs will get some recourses back?

I could really use some more Eidolon Breath.

7 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Prime Vault will still be a thing right?

I did have plans on buying certain parings when they showed up.

From what it looks like. Eventually they'll remove prime vault eventually. 

Buying the initial regal aya is very expensive, however, it looks like it slightly cheaper in the long run because you can choose specific things to purchases 1 at a time. 

• Like 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Mind Control

The thinking behind these changes are fueled by the amount of investment towards this single Target, and having that pay off more in your favor. 

• Base 500 percent Damage increase to the Target itself that you then feed into with your weapons DPS. 

• Increased base Duration to 45 seconds at maximum rank.

• Mind Controlled Target now teleports to keep up! This acts similar to other allies (Wukong’s twin, etc).

Please realize that the thing holding this ability back is controlled enemies getting staggered, knocked down, baited into bad attacks (melee swings with a gun) or otherwise CC'd.

• Like 2

Wouldn't it make more sense to make primes that have been in the vault longer be in the rotation earlier so that new and old players get a chance to get older bundles they weren't able to get at the time. for instance 1)Loki & Volt, 2)Saryn & Valkyr, 3)Ash & Vauban, 4)Nekros & Oberon, 5)Hydroid & Mesa, 6)Limbo & Trinity, 7)mag & nova, 8)Frost & Ember.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Changed the description of Galvanized Aptitude

Ain't "+40% Damage(on direct hit)..." better than "+40% Direct Damage..."? Because the AoE is also a direct damage from the source, just not a direct hit.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Absorb

• Increased base Range to 15m at max rank.

• Scaling Range is now capped at 50m (solving for an exploit), ensuring Damage is balanced by Energy Capacity.

• Nyx’s Assimilate Augment now allows you to roll, similar to Mesa’s Waltz!

• Nyx’s Absorb stat screen now shows max explosion radius value.

• Absorbs additive weapon damage bonus now applies to the player's equipped Melee weapon.

• Minor tweak to the GPU particles to clean them up!

not able to roll look into this please

The changes for UI Text scaling are hilariously muddled. Someone is hardcoding stuff they shouldn't be... Check this out: not_funny_DE_-_UI_perfection.png

That Rightclick context menu is absolutely enormous and NO options in the settings will change the size relative to the resolution. However, if Options/Chat Chat Text Size is changed to "SMALL" the text in the context menu doesn't change but it does blurr. Nice. As an added bonus - the tab title also blur without changing size. Look at the "Oddlygamer" in the next picture where I changed the text size to "MEDIUM": not_funny_DE_-_UI_perfection_2.png

Changing the Options/Interfance Menu Scale to "CUSTOM" and reducing the size doesn't do anything to the right click context menu either: 

not_funny_DE_-_UI_perfection_3.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arniox said:

This is stupidly expensive.

And its not even in my local currency. 

Man warframe has really sold themselves to their investors. Its sad to see... 

92bDXfP.jpg

In total is even more expensive then was before on every aspect.. Before full prime vault cost 60$ and you got all + bonuses worth over 50$ (1,2k platium) Now you need spend also 60$ but bonus is a trash (50k endo) with that can max only one primed mod.
So for get same pack like before you need spend around 110$. Great deal Tenno! (irony) 🙂

Over 8 years I playing that game and as always waterans is on last posistion of DE list...

Edited by HeiBS
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, CanOfCraig said:

been testing this out and the roll hasn't been working at all. 

Testing on a loadout with no subsumed abilities, and assimilate on at max rank. 

I can roll while holding the Primary and Secondary weapons, but I cannot roll while holding the melee :(

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

• Changed the description of Galvanized Aptitude to better reflect its current function (which clarifies that area of effect damage is not included)

• ... BUT WAIT! We want to explain why because it’s very important to us that everyone understands where we are coming from with our current design mindset. AoE Weapons are the dominant ones by every usage metric. We see this day after day. Having this bonus apply to the AoE instance felt dangerously close to a myopic choice concerning powering up player Arsenals that simply do not need it. This mod never worked on AoE, and the description now explains that to avoid confusion. We understand those seeking a different outcome will disagree with this choice, but ultimately we are not willing to further bolster AoE at this time. This is due to the increasing difficulty in creating content that serves to challenge the Tenno.   

The change is poorly worded. Can we get some clarification on what a direct damage is? Is Cedo glaive alt fire count as direct damage? Are chained beams from beam weapons direct damage? If they don't work on AoE just put "does not affect AoE damage". This should have been clearly stated on the mod at release. 

What a waste of time farming/buy mods, wasting endo/credits ranking mods, wasting forma on weapons to fit new mods that don't actually work. 

Why not just make the mods unequipable on aoe weapons from the start. Could have saved everyone a lot of time and effort.

It's just another example of DE devaluating players investments.

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

• Combos

• Melee Combos have been visually divided into their own sections with a handy legend of the basic controls at a glance. 

9a489c9770f0645748c3b3dbd024ff9a.jpg

This is the information we want. Add this to that screen please. 

qA5o57z.png

I love this game but you all are terrible at actually providing useful information to players in game.

I shouldn't have to read through patch notes to know that certain Galvanized mods don't work on AoE weapons, That info should be clearly stated on the mod.

I shouldn't have to check the wiki for forced procs or damage modifiers on specific swings of stances. This is basic info that should be provided to players. 

• Like 6

1.last update you broke nekros helmets this is how it looks now. this had been fix thanks DE feel free to fix something else anytime

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=762&height=696

this is how it looked before

Spoiler

4oycjqik48y61.png?auto=webp&s=9b9fccef82

2.when casting mirage clones the screen flickers randomly  this was report months a go can you fix it a can´t see your animations

3. give us the option to remove auto exposure and vignette 

4.give us the option to keep xaku body on, the skeleton and the running animation look weird

5.wisp "walking" sound not working

6. gauss feet are bug

7.nikana zaw holster style is bug

8. armors clipping through khora chest

9.the light and reflections make the game look like plastic

this is from jupiter

Spoiler

2021-01-24-22-45-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-24-22-45.png

Spoiler

2021-01-24-22-52.png

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1246343-next-gen-light-and-reflection-makes-everything-look-like-plastic/?tab=comments#comment-12016222

10. you haven´t fix any of this textures, when I purchase this skins didn't look like that you change it months after.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1226120-ugly-dirty-and-weathered-textures/

Spoiler

2020-09-16-13-07.png

here are some photos of nyx before (small pic) and after, can´t be more clear that the textures were changed to look worst

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-50.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-50-01.png

11. metallic materials look bad if you use darker color, whats the point of selling color palettes if changing color mess the materials

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-00-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-01-01.png

and a lot of metallic textures have the same problem

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-08.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-59-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-12.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-13-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-16.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-17-01.png

nova atomic now has the same material that xaku has, come on DE make up your mind, those white stripes look bad

before                                                                                                                                           after

Spoiler

2021-04-04-15-18-01.png

before                                                                                                                                       after

Spoiler

2021-04-04-15-18.png

I don´t know why a bough this skin

12. your promo material show textures that are no the same in game

Spoiler

2021-03-22-00-11.png

and here are some caps from devstream and zephyr rework 

devstream                                                                               zephyr rework                                                                           final

Spoiler

2021-03-22-00-44-01.png

in the promotional photo the texture look like some kind of iridescence material but in game looks like plastic

Spoiler

Gara-Deluxe-Poster.png

• Like 2

So 1 conduit in steel path destruction was a bug? Lol, I haven't even thought about that. I remember thinking that it was deliberate choice, since steel path demolists are pain in the back to kill. I'd say that in at least half of SP Destructions first conduit is a fail. Sometimes it's 4th conduit that finally success. Also bunch of players are leaving game after 1 or 2 failed conduits in search of other teams that would carry them faster. You turn a quick but challenging mission into mission that just doesn't worth the time. Not a big thing for me, as I don't need more essence anyway, so I can just ignore destruction missions, but still I think it's completely unnecessary change to the worse. 

Edited by alce00
  • Like 8