Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Decoration Scaling and Arrival Gate Issues

[DE]Helen

Monday, November 15 Update:

With another hotfix on tomorrow’s horizon, the team plans to put more Dojo bugs to rest. Here’s the fix status of each bug:

• Personal Decorations scaling: Fixes ongoing as we focus on particular decorations, like Steel Path trophies and their glow reaction.
  • Dojo Decorations scaling: Fixed in last Friday’s reset
  • Arrival Gate issue: Fix coming in tomorrow’s hotfix
  • Polychrome lighting bleeds: We’ve reproduced the issue on the developer build, which means we’re closer to identifying the cause. Once we know the cause, we’ll have a lead to pursue a fix.
  • Polychrome Research pause missing: Fix coming in tomorrow’s hotfix
  • Heavy shadows (especially on Switch): We suspect this issue is related to enhanced vs. unenhanced graphics. We’re pursuing a fix with this lead in mind.

Friday’s fix addressed scaling logic, so some of your decorations might have changed scale. Only decorations adjusted after the update and before the hotfix were affected. You’re safe to adjust affected decorations now! Scaling logic is back to its original state, which means your decorations won’t suddenly change scale again.

If you’d prefer, you’re also free to never adjust affected decorations again in order to leave them teeny tiny or giant.

Dojo decorators, please do not change the scale of your decorations until we launch a potential fix tomorrow. We’re aware of issues affecting decorations after today’s update.

Scaling Issues:

• Some personal decorations don’t maintain custom scaling. Examples: Argon Crystals, Nano Spores, Neurodes, Rubedo
  • Some dojo decorations were affected in unforeseen ways when we adjusted scaling for personal decorations. Examples: Infested Feeler Husk, Entrati Wall Tall (2m)

Arrival Gate Issue:

• In rooms with a lot of decorations, the Arrival Gate loads late, which causes Tenno to spawn below the Arrival Gate.

Solutions:

• We’re working on a fix that will make all personal decorations scaleable, as intended.
  • The fix for dojo decorations will restore decorations to their original functionality, which could alter the sizes of decorations scaled after today’s update. Please do not make scaling changes until tomorrow's fix is live.
  • We’re working on a fix that will prioritize loading the Arrival Gate before other decorations.

We’re sorry these issues are affecting your creative builds, Tenno. Thank you so much for your patience as we hurry to get these fixes to you.

Is there a reason why the scale limit appears be very small? Hardly a reason to call is "scalable" when it is only by like plus or minus 20% of its original size and not ayatan sculpture to warframe sized type of scale that many hoped it would be when it was first announced without any sort of reference. 

To late, already changed a few things, but don't mind fixing them once the fix happens

My main concern regarding the scaling is that it's almost insignificant, we can't scale that much to begin with, kinda wanted the holographic earth to be similar in size to the ones we saw on relays.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb [DE]Helen:

Dojo decorators, please do not change the scale of your decorations until we launch a potential fix tomorrow. We’re aware of issues affecting decorations after today’s update.

Scaling Issues:

• Some personal decorations don’t maintain custom scaling. Examples: Argon Crystals, Nano Spores, Neurodes, Rubedo
  • Some dojo decorations were affected in unforeseen ways when we adjusted scaling for personal decorations. Examples: Infested Feeler Husk, Entrati Wall Tall (2m)

Arrival Gate Issue:

• In rooms with a lot of decorations, the Arrival Gate loads late, which causes Tenno to spawn below the Arrival Gate.

Solutions:

• We’re working on a fix that will make all personal decorations scaleable, as intended.
  • The fix for dojo decorations will restore decorations to their original functionality, which could alter the sizes of decorations scaled after today’s update. Please do not make scaling changes until tomorrow's fix is live.
  • We’re working on a fix that will prioritize loading the Arrival Gate before other decorations.

We’re sorry these issues are affecting your creative builds, Tenno. Thank you so much for your patience as we hurry to get these fixes to you.

That msg was 7 hrs to late. Only a database backup of my dojo can restore 2 of my rooms and that would be to much to ask for. 

Fyi, it is not only scaling but also the angle and vector of the objects. 

so why couldn't DE just make the basic mode for the new players to get to know decorating in the dojo and then make the advanced mode what it was before? because now everyone has to relearn all the controls and functions all over again. makes no sense and it seems like the vets are being punished again for knowing what to do in the dojo!                               rant over, love yall and thank you.

Hi, me again, just trying to check on the color of the room, turns out that default color is locked.

CNK7M3z.jpg

By default, when I click "Reset Default" or "reset" icon/button it shall turn back to "Default Color" of the room.

So now as I clicked on "Reset Default", all became the first unlocked color on my list - "Mutalist Red".

U00yhIm.jpg

With another hotfix on tomorrow’s horizon, the team plans to put more Dojo bugs to rest. Here’s the fix status of each bug:

• Personal Decorations scaling: Fixes ongoing as we focus on particular decorations, like Steel Path trophies and their glow reaction.
  • Polychrome lighting bleeds: We’ve reproduced the issue on the developer build, which means we’re closer to identifying the cause. Once we know the cause, we’ll have a lead to pursue a fix.
  • Heavy shadows (especially on Switch): We suspect this issue is related to enhanced vs. unenhanced graphics. We’re pursuing a fix with this lead in mind.

Friday’s fix addressed scaling logic, so some of your decorations might have changed scale. Only decorations adjusted after the update and before the hotfix were affected. You’re safe to adjust affected decorations now! Scaling logic is back to its original state, which means your decorations won’t suddenly change scale again.

If you’d prefer, you’re also free to never adjust affected decorations again in order to leave them teeny tiny or giant.

49 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Heavy shadows (especially on Switch): We suspect this issue is related to enhanced vs. unenhanced graphics. We’re pursuing a fix with this lead in mind.

Not to get off-topic if I am, but are those the same type of shadows that occur when you check the Arsenal? Whenever I've checked the Arsenal in the last several months, everything darkens around the Warframe (The Frame / weapons may appear darker due to the reduced lighting), and returns to a normal room lighting outside of the Arsenal; I can't immediately recall when it started though.

• That does remind me, Sigils (At least some) tend to appear super bright, even with the Opacity set to 0 when entering a dark area; I'm not sure if this is a related issue, but it sounds like they're affected by something as well.

I'm glad to hear more Dojo issues are getting fixed in the meantime :)

1 hour ago, [DE]Helen said:

Personal Decorations scaling: Fixes ongoing as we focus on particular decorations, like Steel Path trophies and their glow reaction.

Can you guys also increase the max/min scaling of orbiter decorations?

The biggest Articula you can make is only half as tall as a normal warframe.

I wana make a Iron-Man style suit display armory.

7 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Any chance we can have the ability to make them giant if we choose? I doubt i'm the only one wanting giants floof and other giant decorations so we can have more variety in how we build.

Changing decoration sizes is the spice to dojo decorating. Having a larger scale for how small and large you can change decorations makes a world of difference.

I'm gonna go ahead and echo the requests for an increase on scaling size. I, very stupidly, bought one of those old Corpus Locker decorations thinking I was going to get one whole-[rear end] locker, and got something that looks like an RGB can of Monster™ Energy™ Drink™

Really would like to have an actual locker-sized locker.

Archived