Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Upcoming Corrections with Regal Aya: Next Steps

[DE]Danielle

50 minutes ago, chacachaca13 said:

Why do people so easily want to call an opinion they do not agree with as "toxic"? Everything has to be so polarized now and it is the exact reason why their is so much divisiveness in the world. When a company has a long standing way of selling a particular item or items that is already seen as contentious by some people and then they change that system and remove the bonus, in this case the platinum, some of the community is rightfully upset. I for one have purchased some vault and access items and would have purchased regal had platinum come with the package. Because the price is so close to just buying platinum and you get a frame or frames plus weapons and etc it is like a bonus. But now that is taken away or was before they realized how crappy that was. So that makes me or the other part of the community "toxic"? Just terrible at reading the room.

You misunderstand the difference between being constructive and toxic.

Constructiveness is being supportive, Toxicity is being destructive 

Being upset doesn't make it justifiable for you to go try tear people down off of every mistake. It unmotivates people, and destroys the existence of things. It's not an okay thing to do every chance you get, granted everybody will make a mistake. 

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, MoondustStar said:

Ah. Still, I think this makes more people happy with being able to buy the Raya Packs they want, get some Plat, and get their favorite Accessories/Noggles to boot.

Yeah, but it's just the standard DE MO of making something horrible, waiting for the outcry, improving it to only bad, and reaping praise for listening to feedback. They do that with grind in every single update, now they decided to do it with monetization. And it seems it's working well as ever.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lessiem said:

This is a good step on the right direction; im glad. Now, if you allow to us to buy accessories and such, directly from Varzia with platinum; will be a entirely success

No. Prime accessories have always been bought with IRL money, You can just get plat from trading. They will not and frankly should not change it. People ask for way too much.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ghost5424 said:

All i want is the noggles to cost normal aya or even plat. I love decorations and want them all but that would be like 50 quid which is kinda ridiculous 

tell that to the 750 Ducat Roomba from Baro ki teer

the roombas are the most outrageously priced thing across the entire game, and for no real reason

1 minute ago, (PSN)Tomplexthis said:

tell that to the 750 Ducat Roomba from Baro ki teer

the roombas are the most outrageously priced thing across the entire game, and for no real reason

You can actually farm roombas, but not prime noggles. Those two are different category.

About time. 

i'm deeply disappointed in the community if it truly was a "best selling" event. second, there should be a way, even if grindy as hell, to get regal AYA for free. otherwise, this event is literally a whole bunch of "nothing" for people who got all prime stuff already beside paid S#&$. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, chacachaca13 said:

Why do people so easily want to call an opinion they do not agree with as "toxic"? Everything has to be so polarized now and it is the exact reason why their is so much divisiveness in the world. When a company has a long standing way of selling a particular item or items that is already seen as contentious by some people and then they change that system and remove the bonus, in this case the platinum, some of the community is rightfully upset. I for one have purchased some vault and access items and would have purchased regal had platinum come with the package. Because the price is so close to just buying platinum and you get a frame or frames plus weapons and etc it is like a bonus. But now that is taken away or was before they realized how crappy that was. So that makes me or the other part of the community "toxic"? Just terrible at reading the room.

Disagreeing isn't toxic, starting conspiracies about how Tencent and China bad and how they are doing this to predate new players plus full of derogatory insults and so on for DE staff is what mos tpeople call "toxic". I didn't agree with their decision of not adding platinum to regal aya purchases and I didn't had tooutright lie and insult to make my point. This is the difference between criticism and toxcicity.

Don't try to play the victim here.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, mrgudveseli said:

Classic Prime Access system doesn't give you freedom of choice. Regal Aya makes you able to choose which accessories you want.

That's what I was mentioning earlier. I bought the Edo Prime Armor and the Ember Prime Noggle before the change, been happy with the purchase. Now learning I'm going to get some Plat as well is also making me happy and also means when I buy Raya to get some other cosmetics/noggles or maybe a weapon I might have a pain farming up (looking at the Akstilleto here... Too many relics to farm up for that!), I know I'll be getting some plat for later on purchases that I may want to do later on.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Tomplexthis said:

the prime noggles shouldnt be regal aya, instead they should be 5 regular aya

The thing is, Prime Noggles were gifted to those who bought the Prime Access or Prime Vault with real money. Making them able to be bought with Aya just as others are wanting the Cosmetics to be would be telling those who bought the Prime Access/Prime Vaults when they came out, "Oh, that exclusive thing you got as a thank you from us for purchasing with real money? We're going to give it to our F2P players now." It's not going to happen.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, mikakor said:

About time. 

i'm deeply disappointed in the community if it truly was a "best selling" event. second, there should be a way, even if grindy as hell, to get regal AYA for free. otherwise, this event is literally a whole bunch of "nothing" for people who got all prime stuff already beside paid S#&$. 

I mean, the paid version of unvaultings have always been no point in buying if you have the primed gear already. So no, there's no point in giving us free regal lol

I'm broke right now and telling you this...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

In all honesty we are human, and make very human mistakes. If you were ever wondering what the sausage making process is like when it comes to development, this was absolutely it, full-frontal.

As stated in the post, we are working on a script that will deliver the Platinum to those who have purchased already :) It just requires thorough testing - we will keep you updated on when to expect it, it may very well go out tomorrow to make sure its working properly.

Even when we complain, many of us are still aware that game development is basically a huge cruise liner, not that easy to steer in different direction once stuff get going.

One thing that still disappoint many of us is that you guys either always wait to the last minute or just completely brush us feedback when you do dev workshop. Those make so player end up being jaded with the workshops because we feel its pointless since you end up just going forward with the change without saying more on the subject. Giving player a full picture on the change and on the game direction going forward with similar change that might crop up would help clear some of those issue that get player mad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wildella said:

It would help a lot of people that don't have a lot of money if we were able to purchase Regal Aya with plat. 

Farming was free path for prime stuff since forever. What's more helpful to a player in a mission, some prime armor set, or a prime weapon? You can farm that. What doesn't help you at all, besides for showing off, is a purchase only.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Platinum will be included in Regal Aya Packs. It will be retroactively given to those who have already purchased and added in as soon as possible for future purchases. A timeline for this will be provided shortly.

Just bought 15 Regal Aya Pack as a thank you to DE for listening to player feedback and acting on it!  Keep listening to us, #feedback_pays

Addressing the people complaining why regal Aya should have costed less. From a business perspective it doesn't make sense to do that. They have been charging 60-100 for these packs now for the last few years. A major incentive was the platinum which allowed you to interact with other players as well as make purchases for fashion framing. 

Maintaining the price and having plat increases overall interaction with the game and that's what's most important for a game, interaction. 

Could they just have lowered the price? yes. But it would be detrimental to the overall state of the game. It's a win win by including plat instead because DE gets more money and the players have more currency to interact with the game's economy. 

I'm glad they did this change. 

EDIT forgot to mention that plat is also a major currency on getting potato's and built forma for those min/maxers. 

Edited by (PSN)Po_Lod7
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, (PSN)Po_Lod7 said:

Addressing the people complaining why regal Aya should have costed less. From a business perspective it doesn't make sense to do that. They have been charging 60-100 for these packs now for the last few years. A major incentive was the platinum which allowed you to interact with other players as well as make purchases for fashion framing. 

Maintaining the price and having plat increases overall interaction with the game and that's what's most important for a game, interaction. 

Could they just have lowered the price? yes. But it would be detrimental to the overall state of the game. It's a win win by including plat instead because DE gets more money and the players have more currency to interact with the game's economy. 

I'm glad they did this change. 

They get less if prices aren't changing. Before it was 60 dollars for prime 3 armor sets and 600 platinum, after regal aya it became 40 dollars for the armor and no plat

Now it 40 dollars for the armor and plat.