Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Upcoming Corrections with Regal Aya: Next Steps

[DE]Danielle

Just now, (PSN)Po_Lod7 said:

Addressing the people complaining why regal Aya should have costed less. From a business perspective it doesn't make sense to do that. They have been charging 60-100 for these packs now for the last few years. A major incentive was the platinum which allowed you to interact with other players as well as make purchases for fashion framing. 

Maintaining the price and having plat increases overall interaction with the game and that's what's most important for a game, interaction. 

Could they just have lowered the price? yes. But it would be detrimental to the overall state of the game. It's a win win by including plat instead because DE gets more money and the players have more currency to interact with the game's economy. 

I'm glad they did this change. 

Yup! If they lowered the price of the Raya Packs, even the smallest Pack, or even doubled the amount of Raya in it, what you basically would have gotten is a Single Warframe Pack minus the Plat and half off... And how many people would buy a Single Warframe Pack half off if it doesn't include Plat? No one. I can understand the gripe concerning the accessories, but that's part of Fashion Framing... No impact other than how your Warframe/Operator looks, and people like having Plat to buy things or trade for things they need.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CuChulainnWD said:

@[DE]DanielleWhy aren't discount coupons on PC recognised for Aya package purchases?

Because those are for Platinum, not Regal Aya. You never had any discounts on Prime Access and Prime Vaults, Regal Aya is the same system but with in-game currency and a new way to unvault lots of stuff at once.

• Like 3

While I had already planned on buying a pack of Regal Aya to support DE and get the last few accessories I'm missing, this is certainly a welcome and generous change. Thank you DE for sifting through the toxic comments to reach the contructive ones and thank you for listening to the players.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Zhogun said:

Please include Rhino Prime Noggle and Nyx Prime Noggle to Dax Varzia's wares. 

Those will be coming in the Finale weeks! 

JAN 11, 2022: 2-Part Finale begins! 

• Finale Week 1 = Rotations 1 through 4
  • Finale Week 2 = Rotations 5 through 8 
    *Both weeks will include Nyx Prime and Rhino Prime, their weapons, Accessories, and Prime Noggles. 

JAN 25, 2022: Prime Resurgence Ends! 

• Like 13

Honesty goes a long way. DE makes mistakes in its monetization quite often but I do respect the fact that you guys for the most part do make the right changes in the end. Really appreciate this guys.

Looks like I will be buying some accessories.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ArmourDog said:

Oh my god some people can never be happy even for a second

Jokes on you, I am happy. I suggest you put the psychology degree away, it isn't going far. :) 

Now then, jokes aside: Yes, I am happy they made this change.  Infact, I plan to buy Regal Aya now because of this change the moment Vauban Prime drops in december. They earned some of my money by listening to the community.

But- It does not change the fact there's still issues with the game, community, managment, etc. I know this may be rocket science to you, or borderline theoretical calculus, but a person can be happy at the same time being able to point out that more improvement can be made.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mrgudveseli said:

What aspect? You lost me a bit there. :)

So the most efficient way to spend your money in Resurgence is to buy two 15-aya packs, then spend that regal aya on three dual-frame bundles. That way your $160 buys you 2400 plat and 150K endo along with the prime items. In classic Prime Vault, those three bundles with the same prime items would cost $180, but you'd end up with 3600 plat instead and no endo. So in classic Prime Vault, those $20 extra bought you 1200p, which was an amazing deal, and if you wanted to, you could turn about 550 of that extra plat into 150K endo by buying sculptures from players.

DE hoped we wouldn't notice that Resurgence is a price hike, as is evident from the passive-aggressive tone of this announcement.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

They get less if prices aren't changing. Before it was 60 dollars for prime 3 armor sets and 600 platinum, after regal aya it became 40 dollars for the armor and no plat

Now it 40 dollars for the armor and plat.

My point was directed at the people wanting regal Aya to cost less real money to match the value of current prime unvaults just minus the plat. So instead of 20 for 3 regal Aya maybe it would cost 10 for 3 because we aren't getting plat. 

When I said DE gets more money it's more that when people purchase the packs DE will be getting 20 dollars instead of 10. All the while increasing the interaction within the game amongst the players since plat is tradeable. 

Yes as inflation kicks in DE will be increasing the prices of their packs but it has to be incremental. These regal Aya prices really was a shock to the system because of the lowered value while maintaining prices. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Tenno,

Building a new economy is tough. Despite Prime Resurgence being a best-selling Vault debut, we are making changes to what was introduced yesterday in the Regal Aya Packs by adding Platinum. The changes we are making are a result of what you want to see from us as a Developer and what we want for ourselves: good monetization. 

I appriciate the change to add platinum to the raya packs and recognize that it does bring the value to a reasonable value. 

I was still disapointed by the eventbut I can see how new players or console players would benefit and heck, you cant make everyone happy.

I still really hope that future events don't ever have their own cash-currency like this one. I would like to never see a new cash currency. I still can't help but feel adding different types of cash-currency, which could easily all be the same, is just a way to pollute the water sort-of-speak and is a known a way of tricking people in p2p platforms.

Anyway! Thanks for adding the platinum to the packs. What I was thought unconsiderable is now seemingly reasonable and I may spend money on the event after all.

To be clear, though, my support of warframe, buying platinum and tennogen items have been a constant for years and I have spent way more money than a single game should be worth, by like hundred fold...

Would of been nice to have more of an event than a sells pitch, but judging by the qoute I attached of the opening paragraph of this thread, which is all about "Prime Resurgence being a best-selling Vault debut" and "what we want for ourselves: good monetization." It is clear that this event *was* all for the money and not the players. 

Welp, have a good day everyone! Lets get excited for the new war and hope it brings more than a few days of repeat missions and recycled content.

• Like 2

This whole system seems very shaddy. Its full of obvious marketing tatics and subtle tricks to get more money. Along with no Plat in these packs, its very clear this is for newer players, which i find disappointing because why trick new people who might love this game. I am very sad to say you have shaken out trust with this greed. I expect better in the future for our constant love and support.

• Like 3

Always a pleasure to see you work with the community Dani. I would really like to see this as a grinding event where "xxx" aya amount earned can turn into 1 regal aya and so forth. This would continue with your previous model of free as well as allow an instant access model. Allowing for those who want to grind for the rewards and GRIND even being you were able to unlock a couple items per week. Making it that much more selective on your choices and allow those who want to fast lane their way to unlocks to be able to do so. Been a member since release and will continue to back this game as long as good business practices are kept. That's an almost 9 year relationship, and hundreds of dollars. I know Im not the only one who feels this. 

29 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Disagreeing isn't toxic, starting conspiracies about how Tencent and China bad and how they are doing this to predate new players plus full of derogatory insults and so on for DE staff is what mos tpeople call "toxic". I didn't agree with their decision of not adding platinum to regal aya purchases and I didn't had tooutright lie and insult to make my point. This is the difference between criticism and toxcicity.

Don't try to play the victim here.

I am not a victim and tencent and their history and current cycle speaks for itself. They are extremely predatory and sleazy. Don't run or close your eyes to the facts. I see them and acknowledge that is how they operate. As an adult I chose to decide whether or not to buy the vault and access packs. By releasing regal and not giving platinum as they originally planned and now playing babe in the woods and saying it was a work in progress is laughable. But whatever. Have your fun in the forums. This stuff has no effect on peoples decision making. Knights will be knights and so on

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, (PSN)The2ndSith said:

I am very sad to say you have shaken out trust with this greed.

Same. I find it very puzzling as well, since the trend over the preceding years was for WF monetization to become less and less predatory. I wonder what's behind this reversal. Are the Chinese overlords demanding more tribute or something? We may never know.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

So the most efficient way to spend your money in Resurgence is to buy two 15-aya packs, then spend that regal aya on three dual-frame bundles. That way your $160 buys you 2400 plat and 150K endo along with the prime items. In classic Prime Vault, those three bundles with the same prime items would cost $180, but you'd end up with 3600 plat instead and no endo. So in classic Prime Vault, those $20 extra bought you 1200p, which was an amazing deal, and if you wanted to, you could turn about 550 of that extra plat into 150K endo by buying sculptures from players.

DE hoped we wouldn't notice that Resurgence is a price hike, as is evident from the passive-aggressive tone of this announcement.

how many prime items can you get with 15 regal Aya verses spending 180 on the old bundles? 

• Like 1