Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Upcoming Corrections with Regal Aya: Next Steps

[DE]Danielle

19 minutes ago, Tombsite said:

Does that mean I have to hand in my BA in economics now? Man what S#&$ty professors I had since I did not know that.

I'm glad there's something we can agree on. 🙂

19 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

The spenders get something extra, without spenders the game would make no profit thus game death

Guess what, without free players the game would die even quicker. Free players are item farmers for spenders; without item farmers, spenders would have nothing to trade their platinum for and therefore no reason to buy platinum in the first place. Free players are the bedrock WF's entire business model rests on.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 5

il y a 3 minutes, Mattitja a dit :

Very kind of you, DE.

I was initially hesitant to consider buying RA, as the lack of platinum effectively increased the price-per-accessory when compared to an accessory pack. The alternative method to fix this would've been to give a few extra RA in the platinum's place, or to decrease the pack prices. But this solution is good.

Although I don't want to nitpick, I'd appreciate if there was the option to buy RA exclusively, with either the price, or amount of RA, compensating for the value of the missing plat. My need for plat has reduced as I can these days trade my way to get it as a Legendary 1. (Although I can't predict how much this event will crash the prices in the player market.)

Either way, I hope I can support the event by buying a few RA if my finances allow it.

Stay chill, [DE]voted players.

I think they will strongly consider options like this if the event goes well enough to happen again, it would be a nice addition to the options. Either way, it's just nice to be excited for the event again.

hace 8 minutos, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim dijo:

The difference is you didnt. You played the game they made, you didn't give them any money to support them.

But I did; I bought thousands of hundreds of platinum with money; which they are totally worthless in this event (specifically for cosmetics purchase only)

Idk I just dont wrap around my head why is the need to create another currency......

• Like 5

à l’instant, SordidDreams a dit :

Finally something I can agree with.

Guess what, without free players the game would die even quicker. Free players are item farmers for spenders; without item farmers, spenders would have nothing to trade their platinum for and therefore no reason to buy platinum in the first place. Free players are the bedrock WF's entire business model rests on.

This is true. With these types of games you pay with either time or money, but both are critical to a game's life. Nobody plays unpopulated games. It's technically possible to put a plat value on time spent doing certain things, even if it's only an estimate of what you will get.

• Like 1

While I don't approve of the extremes some take it to. I feel like this change wouldn't have happened unless the community got a bit toxic. I hope this serves as an example to both DE and the warframe community of the importance of clear, open communication, and play testing before release. Whether it's talking with each other about new mechanics, or having testing in a beta server prior to launch.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Man I hope you become a business advisor. Your insight into how firms should best leverage their monopoly pricing of immaterial goods to maximize income in a highly competitive marked with innate switching costs is a rare gift on the internet ;) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Thus why free players get free stuff in appreciation for what they do. They get more content than spenders and founders even

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim
  • Like 1

At first, I thought "just make Regal Aya cheaper", but seeing that you went with what the masses asked, I've got a different idea: make 2 variants of the packs - a set of "just Aya" packs like the previous iteration but cheaper (by, say, about 40-60%) plus the current set of packs as it is right now, though maybe renamed to better fit into the proposed system.

2 minutes ago, login0false said:

At first, I thought "just make Regal Aya cheaper", but seeing that you went with what the masses asked, I've got a different idea: make 2 variants of the packs - a set of "just Aya" packs like the previous iteration but cheaper (by, say, about 40-60%) plus the current set of packs as it is right now, though maybe renamed to better fit into the proposed system.

Nothing is ever good enough for you people, is it?

• Like 3

Okay... Tencent really went all out.... sooo let me point this out, Your making us spend $80 for 15, for 15 we get 1200, yet i can save 10 buck by buying platium in the shop by buying  $50 for 1000 plat and then a $20 for 370 plats.. DE tell me why spending 80 is better i'll wait 1200 for $80 over $70 for 1370 plat.

• Like 4

You know, if the regular Aya was added as a drop - similar to Steel Essence dropping on Steel Path eidolons - but was added temporarily for the duration of the event, it would be very appreciated. Time varies between speedrunners and regular players. Same like speedrunning Ukko in 17 seconds, versus 2min per teralyst. It offers a proper reward along with a random arcane and eidolon shards for focus. Great to get the new players involved with hunts so we can broaden the hunt community again. Plus with all the new players starting up Warframe since October, they'll need focus too! 

Add Aya to regular eidolons as a guaranteed drop!! Bring Back Life to Hunts!!! I'll be so hyped for this. 

@[DE]Danielle

• Like 3

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Those who chose to be toxic will be able to participate in this change thanks solely to the constructive feedback that occurred - toxicity is never tolerated or rewarded.'

Well said.

Kudos ^^

I'm also saddened and ashamed that there are people like that, even in a game like Warframe.

I hope people take this into consideration.

Edited by Kaggelos
  • Like 3

Just now, Azmimic said:

Okay... Tencent really went all out.... sooo let me point this out, Your making us spend $80 for 15, for 15 we get 1200, yet i can save 10 buck by buying platium in the shop by buying  $50 for 1000 plat and then a $20 for 370 plats.. DE tell me why spending 80 is better i'll wait 1200 for $80 over $70 for 1370 plat.

have you tried comparing the prices with an actual prime vault instead what are you doing here?

https://www.warframe.com/prime-resurgence

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Azmimic said:

Dude... I'm pretty sure 170 plat plus $10 worth less than 15 regal aya... 

Il y a 2 heures, Navarc a dit :

only problem i had with varzia is how she talks to 10~ year olds

dk9aNKN.png

Why is it that when games full of gore, graphic violence, and war crimes make even the slightest allusion to the existence of sexuality, they are suddenly "for 10 year olds" and it's a problem? I know you're probably just making a joke here but there are a lot of people who would say this without a hint of irony.

• Like 7