Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Upcoming Corrections with Regal Aya: Next Steps

[DE]Danielle

18 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

people really need to start having some standards.  this could have been a fun event to help people catch up on primes but it just turned out to be darvo deals 2.0 with some flair.  And people are thanking them for it.

People seem to entirely forget the seed of the controversy once it's resolved, it's pretty surreal. The only thing people should be thanking is the whole community for not bending the knee, not DE.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

people really need to start having some standards.  this could have been a fun event to help people catch up on primes but it just turned out to be darvo deals 2.0 with some flair.  And people are thanking them for it.

As others have said before, we've seen actual bad monetization. How would you like it if you had to pay a 12 dollar monthly fee, and microtransactions to unlock specific nodes or planets etc.

Whether you are new or not, spending money or not, you always have to wait every 3 months or longer to use the system.  Now, they made it so you don't have to wait a year for a shoulder pad....

I've already got a mag prime from running random fissures....it's been one day. By the end of this, people will have multiple sets of multiple frames and weapons just from Aya alone. 

• Like 3

I would have no complaints about this fix, and be purely grateful, if there was less of a condescending tone, and more of an apologetic one. My reaction instead is that this sounds like a desperate appeasement while trying to maintain a dominant face.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Agreed.

To add though not everyone who works in a games company is business and profit motivated. You are going to have a lot of artistic and creative people there as well. Its even more complicated than that, because you can have business minded individuals who may think emphasis on fostering consumer goodwill and health, creates an environment for better business outcomes, VS an emphasis on say looking at other models being practiced by competitors, and thinking "well if that game can get away with those practices, maybe we can adopt these, suffer some backlash, but ultimately prevail once that backlash dies down", numbers suggest we can make more money this way, even if it upsets people, so on. 

DE definitely isn't our friend, but there are going to be people working at DE who are gamers, with codes of ethics similar to a lot of us, as far as values and interests, who will probably make suggestions, and raise points/challenges around contentious issues. Any of us that has worked in a job that requires interacting with customers, as well as co workers, will know similar, depending on our own personalities and how to handle/resolve disputes/business related issues that affect profit, especially with people in the job that have more authority, power, control or at stake (which is another complicated set of variables and interactions). 

So I think a lot of people, myself included, are aware certain elements within DE will advocate towards the goodwill, figuratively fight for us, value player happiness (even as a perception, and subjective value) and are considerate to that. Since they are likely to be the ones that interact with us, and relay a lot of our reaction/feedback. Even if ultimately, harsh realities of business and making as much money are the goal of DE on the whole. We try and be friendly and courteous to those elements. 

Since we don't get to be flies on the wall inside DE, a lot of this is just going to be speculation, projection and guesswork though. Since all of us have our own different experiences and outlooks with work, conflict between making money and ethics and whatever else, etc can vary. 

Oh there is no doubt about that, just to be clear, when I talk about DE I mean the marketing/monetization team and anyone involved around it (higher ups), of course artists and others don't have any responsibilities in this controversy. They're the ones who make the game great after all. 

• Like 3

il y a 7 minutes, Tombsite a dit :

My concerns? I don't have any. I've found the prices of the Vault packs ridicules for years. Hell the fact that I got an early 75% off coupon on PC is the only reason I've ever bought plat (probably would not be playing the game today if that had not been the case).

That is why this entire thing is so damn interesting. DE's offering have always been horrible value (to me) so to see all these people suddenly up in arms about poor value is to me almost absurd. I was never going to buy a Royal Aya plat included or not because I find it horrible overpriced. 
But people keep talking about "poor value" as if there's some inherent value to any of these things that is anything but highly subjective.

If you have no consideration for what it actually takes to make games like this work and continuously develop then sure. Most people will be more realistic about the matter.

15 minutes ago, sapphicReprobate said:

If you have no consideration for what it actually takes to make games like this work and continuously develop then sure. Most people will be more realistic about the matter.

Oh I plenty of consideration for how this game work. I also have quite a bit more faith in the people who've managed to keep it running for 8 year strait (despite what they where told at the outset) then I have in the angry people yelling at them because they are very sure they have superior knowledge of how to monetize it.
This game is ultimately as much a business as it is creation of love so if they can't get people to buy enough stuff they don't get to keep doing what they love. But they don't owe us anything either. fair is fair :)

Edited by Tombsite

Okay cool but can you now increase the drop rate for normal Aya now.

The drop rate is so bad that I basically gave up.

Before anyone says there are bounties which have high drop rates I got to this to say.

Not everyone wants to play bounties and I pretty sure that exploit people have been doing to get get Aya will get patch and I also don't want to risk getting banned for doing it.

My favorite mission is Exterminate and Sabotage which has a bad drop of Aya.

• Like 1

I really think DE should double down on the whole no tolerance thing because there seems to be a lot of toxicity despite being directly addressed.

However, the changes to Regal Aya sound good, value for money is what most gamers look for and DE have recognised that and adjusted their marketing accordingly.

Having bought platinum packs myself multiple times, there's a clear incentive to pay more to get more of a discount, even at a login discount you naturally want to get the most for your money.

This change means the Resurgance is better money for value compared to the actual Prime Access, and there clearly has been a huge positive monetary gain from it.

I personally think it was the right move to make, however I did kinda expect backlash from such a move as currencies have been introduced before with issues (holokeys in Railjack, for example), and shows that DE continuing their honest and open way of handling things is the way to go forward.

Which, makes me more than a little annoyed when something nice occurs and people complain that they can't get bought cosmetics for free, if they did that, they'd be doing a disservice to those that have supported DE proper through prime access packs.

Though, if you'd played Warframe for any amount of time, you should already be familiar with DE's particular brand of free to play, and how they handle the prime cosmetics.

I'm hopeful DE will take the constructive criticism onboard and perhaps revise the current platinum packs, maybe add some Endo or other useful resources to them.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for listening, DE. I’m relieved you guys made the right decision. I was seriously questioning if I should quit if the Prime Vaults were to be replaced with the plat-less Regal Aya packs in the future, as it looked like a “beginning of the end” sort of scenario in terms of monetization practices. I’m incredibly glad you didn’t go down the path I was afraid of. 

On a partially related note, I think you guys should fix the drop rates for normal aya. Yesterday was pretty bad. It doesn’t have to be guaranteed or anything, but it’s definitely too low. 

Next time you do an event like this though, PLEASE just give the community more advanced notice so the panic and anger doesn’t have to come into it (or at least not as much).

Please?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, trongod said:

If you already have a bunch of plat, why can Regal Aya not be purchased with plat? Surely there's an easy way to convert the plat you just spent your money on into Regal Aya.  Quite silly this doesn't exist.

Likely because they don’t want people getting plat from trading and using it on Regal Aya. I can understand drawing the line there, as the Prime Accessories have always been a paid reward and I think that’s pretty reasonable. 

• Like 3

if youre still mad a DE please read this

for the people saying things like DE doesnt care about us that they just got caught with the hand in the cookie jar and now back tracked (in my own words as to not call anyone out). yes true, however unlike other companies they fixed the problem rather then being greedy like others and just ignoring us and doing nothing to fix the problem, which i feared was happening. the fact that they listen shows they care about our view points and yes money too. i can tell some of you feel betrayed by a company you had faith in and likely supported. but they arent blizzard,  EA or Bethesda.. not yet anyway and hopefuly not ever. they tried to push for more money yes im sure it wasnt a mistake my self, they are also a company too and in trying to make more money they forgot about us yes, but they in the end back tracked and made it a fair price. they didnt have to listen at all but did. we all make mistakes, some learn from it and become better some dont and get worst. 

as for some other people trying to push for more.. dont. we won this battle because they saw we were right and listened, if you push for more we then become the greedy ones in the wrong and thus DE will stop listening to us. why is that a problem? because next time there is an outrage i rather DE listen to us and atlest try to find common ground rather then dismissing us assuming we are just whinny and greedy. so please stop. this is fair now as it is. 

• Like 4

Still no explanation why Avia Prime armor set and syndana was included in Regal Aya purchase instead of normal Aya purchase.

They're both free items from Twitch Prime. There's no reason why they're considered 'prime armor set' when they never come in prime bundles purchaseable by money, where the other Twitch Prime syndana is purchaseable with 10 normal Aya!

• Like 2

vor 6 Stunden schrieb [DE]Danielle:

Those who chose to be toxic will be able to participate in this change thanks solely to the constructive feedback that occurred - toxicity is never tolerated or rewarded.'

You are aware that there is some salt/toxicity in this statement aswell?

This sentence is just as unnecessary as some of the comments you got, or what purpose does it serve exactly?

Or did you think about still selling plat-free bundles to everyone who made comments which were toxic in your opinion?

Am 15.11.2021 um 21:30 schrieb [DE]Danielle:

We also want to make a point of saying that you as a player have the freedom to participate in any form that is most comfortable to you. With far more avenues of access to free-path Primed items with Aya, you can dedicate your time to building up that Prime inventory that you’ve been dreaming of. 

Just like this comment, little snarky aswell, i can imagine the thoughts behind it.

So, @[DE]Danielle, you are doing no wrong asking for constructive feedback.

But maybe be a bit more professional and refrain from using salty comments aswell.

Might be hard when you are feeling attacked, but as a professional being part of the team dedicated to interacting with the community it should be the only way.

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, (NSW)RATHURUE said:

Still no explanation why Avia Prime armor set and syndana was included in Regal Aya purchase instead of normal Aya purchase.

They're both free items from Twitch Prime. There's no reason why they're considered 'prime armor set' when they never come in prime bundles purchaseable by money, where the other Twitch Prime syndana is purchaseable with 10 normal Aya!

Twitch Prime is premium. You're asking to make Avia Prime armor to be free (No, these were never free. You need to buy twitch prime first), which will REALLY piss off Twitch.

Doubt this will ever happen.

@[DE]RebeccaThis means so much and the way you worded it so elegantly to get the true intent and thought process across makes this so understandable. Thank you. Could you thank those who made this possible for me? While I'm unable to afford aya, the fact that you guys did this means so much. I was getting tired of seeing "Tencent did this" and "DE lost control" in the thread regarding Prime Resurgence. Seeing you guys listen and solve it so quickly means so much and crushes all that doomsaying people were doing. This is definitely a huge thing. Thank you for making it right by the players. I hope to see this kind of well-worded and honest message from you guys again. I just love how you EXPLAINED your thought process on why it was the way it was and also why you guys decided to change it. That transparency of way of thinking is awesome to see. When I can see how y'all think, I can relate to you guys. That in turn makes it easier to understand a different perspective if i don't already share yours. 

Thank you, Rebecca and the crew who made this possible.

This event just became better than base unvaulting because it already had flexibility normal unvaultings didn't have AND all this prime stuff that would take years to all come back out is coming within weeks of each other. Add that with the rates that are now in effect, this event blows normal unvaultings out of the Water.  

Edited by (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Twitch Prime is premium. You're asking to make Avia Prime armor to be free (No, these were never free. You need to buy twitch prime first), which will REALLY piss off Twitch.

Doubt this will ever happen.

How is that fair for the people who actually have twitch prime ... If that the case the people who have twitch prime should have access to those free prime items. It literally contradiction what you said cause only prime item are behind a wall when their items are free like wtf

Edited by thats_rudiculous_07
  • Like 2

vor 7 Stunden schrieb [DE]Danielle:

Those who chose to be toxic will be able to participate in this change thanks solely to the constructive feedback that occurred - toxicity is never tolerated or rewarded.

First of all thank you for this statement. It is very nice to see you revolt against toxicity in a respectable way.

My problem with Regal Aya ist not that you can buy this currency for real money, my problem is that you can only buy this currency for real money. This has bad pay to progress taste. I am playing this game for about one year now and when I see the architecture of the game, I can't believe that you want this.
Please make it at least tradeable for platinum. Platinum is still a limited resource which grows with the peoples purchases. This way your monetization interest should be safeguarded and we have also the option to get this by lots of efforts and the player market.