The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Upcoming Corrections with Regal Aya: Next Steps

[DE]Danielle

11 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Disagreeing isn't toxic

Don't try to play the victim here.

While you are quoting another player and not DE here, I still have to agree here, as DE themselves are guilty of this as well, this is a good move, but "realizing" that they are losing faith in their players at the last second and not just doing it right off the bat is very telling. 

I don't know if it's just down to pure RNG and such, as the game has always been, but with the comments I saw on the other pages and with what folks been telling me on discord about this matter is that the "Aya" drop rate is purposely very low, to still bait players in with their wallets, but that might just be good old RNG.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RashFever26 said:

"conspiracy-believing", stopped reading there, seeing things as they are isn't a conspiracy, opinions you don't like aren't a conspiracy. Sounds like the average take you would read on Reddit main subs lmao. And there's only one "greedy" side and it sure as hell isn't the community regardless of toxicity and whatever.

Gotta agree here, same as your post he is "referring" too.

We need to thank everyone else, not people who claim to "we made a mistake" lived up to it, to get good graces back, it's 101 for every game comp. I mean, just look at examples from other game devs, like EA and Blizzard, etc. They "claim" that they are doing the best or for player interest, but really, they are saying this with a smile and not a good smile.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 9

49 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

A passion project of this nature requires funding. Those aren't mutually exclusive... 

I would pay if the game delivers good quality content. I would pay for these accessories if there where no clipping with weapons and syandanas. I would pay if the graphics of these accessories had minimum glitches. Of course I don't mind any method that charges me money for these assets. People begin to question prices when quality in the delivery becomes dubious. I would pay for Regal Aya if there where minimum graphical glitches on the costumes for these Tennos. I would easily pay for this currency if the customization options for my frames improves further. 

It's a mutual compromise. DE asks us to commit. We ask them to deliver. Fair? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hokkis31 said:

It did start out as a last-ditch effort by DE. So I would call it a passion-project considering they wanted to make the game for years. I guess it's no longer a passion-project but a business, but it was indeed made as one. There is a nice documentary about it, actually :)

I've seen parts of it. It seemed more like a long ad, so I didn't watch all of it. And yes, I'm aware DE made the game when they were on the verge of bankruptcy. It's not clear to me how that indicates it was a passion project rather than a for-profit venture; surely making a profit off of it was even more important under those circumstances.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

A passion project of this nature requires funding. Those aren't mutually exclusive... 

They are by definition.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

In all honesty we are human, and make very human mistakes. If you were ever wondering what the sausage making process is like when it comes to development, this was absolutely it, full-frontal.

Honestly, it made sense to me too. It was a logical choice, but i can understand on review that people may have wanted plat. Prime access is my primary sourse of it too.

• Like 1

I usually never am or write something on game forums but this time I felt the need to do so. Personally I think it's a good decision from DE to make these changes. Platinum is already deeply incorporated in the game and ecourages trading between people. Adding a second non-tradable currency completely independant of platinum does not send the best signals to the community. Just my humble opinion. Glad you changed it <3

• Like 1

Really good change DE ♥️. Only thing that I would say could do with a look into is price adjustments with primes that do not follow prime vaulting. For example Burston prime for 2 regal Aya seems a bit too high? I can buy a set on average for 20 platinum through trade chat. Understandably no one can say trade is the be all said all with pricing as it's a free market, however I think it gives people a rough idea on something's value.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Felsagger said:

I would pay if the game delivers good quality content. I would pay for these accessories if there where no clipping with weapons and syandanas. I would pay if the graphics of these accessories had minimum glitches. Of course I don't mind any method that charges me money for these assets. People begin to question prices when quality in the delivery becomes dubious. I would pay for Regal Aya if there where minimum graphical glitches on the costumes for these Tennos. I would easily pay for this currency if the customization options for my frames improves further. 

It's a mutual compromise. DE asks us to commit. We ask them to deliver. Fair? 

You completely missed the point of what I said that you quoted. 

15 hours ago, chacachaca13 said:

Why do people so easily want to call an opinion they do not agree with as "toxic"?

That's not what is meant by toxic. Toxic means those who simply tell DE how bad they are and are just plainly heavily negative and achieve nothing. This includes insults often times. 

Edited by (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1
  • Like 2

Amazing thank you so much for this. As you know people can get fired up about stuff like this. I was still going to buy some as im a huge 'fashion framer' but i was abit let down with the price and the missing platinum as i will often but the discounted packs to kill two birds with one stone. This has alliviated that and will put hardcore traders at ease as anything they cannot get can then be bought :) 

Thank you for listening to all the feedback 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lessiem said:

This is a good step on the right direction; im glad. Now, if you allow to us to buy accessories and such, directly from Varzia with platinum; will be a entirely success

^^ this ^^

While I'm glad to see DE has heard the feedback & made the necessary changes to make Regal Aya comparable to the Prime Accessory Packs now in terms of value, it would be nice if there was on option to be able to also buy these items outright with platinum that players already have.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who buy the Prime Access packs, Platinum bundles, or have traded for Platinum who don't actually need *more* Platinum that would love to buy some of these accessory items using currency they've already paid for... Just a thought.

Maybe even limit it to just the accessories, so you can still only get the Frames & Weapons with Regal Aya? I'm sure DE would see a big uptake on people buying the accessories they don't have with Plat if that's all people need. Maybe something to consider for future events if nothing else?

• Like 2

This is a nice step in the right direction. But farming the first two parts of Ghul stuff is still not a good way to get Aya. Give it a decent drop chance in the Void too. Below 10 %, Like some other users stated to me as I asked for help, is far from being good for an Event where you only got one week for certain Warframe Relics. Especially when you only have 6 out of the 16 which are about to come. Because the other way it still is a "Well you can grind. But we will tempt you do buy the Prime Warframe with our new shiny Premium Currency because you don't have enough time to farm enough Aya for all the Relics you need"

With the first two Ghul Mission stuff we at least have a chance of 25 % of getting Aya. But when the Ghul thing is gone, how and where do we get another decent chance of farming some Aya? Not all of us can spend 24/7 in Missions farming Aya but still are interestaed in getting as much Warframes as possible without touching our wallet again.

• Like 1

What a great change. But I still don't get why these Regal Aya packs came out like that at first, when almost everyone knew at the first glance, that the value is off. Your guys at the monetization did a pretty bad job there and all this backlash is just your doing. 

I might buy some stuff now tho! 😊

• Like 3

uff shows again u dont care at all about the players only about the money closing steam post about the normal aya cause u wont hear or listing even to old members they are worried about the system i mean 5 ducat for 1 aya ? and u need what 10min for one ?  u get 15 ducat from 1 trash tier prime part in 2min i dont like where this is going to 

• Like 2

Please just buy plat instead, buy the sets for the things you want, from someone who has grinded to get relics, grinded to get traces and then grinded to get the parts to make the set, most traders get a lot of their platinum from trading alone, most traders are fair and decent people, they are not all price-gougers and vault vultures, all Regal Aya is doing is hurting the market, taking away from people who put time and effort into the game. I know the build times are ridiculous but our community is worth tencents more than their greed will ever be.

• Like 1

Some of you are really missing the point as to why you can't get Prime Accessories for Platinum.

Prime Access requires real money payment of a specific amount.
You are never ever getting Access-exclusive items for Platinum, considering that Platinum varies wildly in its valuation due to discount coupons and trading.
Saying "I just want the cosmetics" is exactly why they're exclusive to Prime Access; to encourage people to actually pay the premium and fund continued development.

• Like 8

Thank you DE team for listening to the community, this is what makes me value this game the most.

However, could I make one suggestion on behalf of the players who grind hard in this game, but may not be able to make purchases of the Regal Aya:  

• A Steel Essence Aya Upgrade option - You could charge 300 steel essence, & 20 Aya for 1 Regal Aya upgrade, with a weekly cap of 3 upgrades. 

This would allow all gamers to participate in owning accessory items, encouraging more game play and at the same time, not hindering / diminishing your monetization efforts. 

Most end gamers have most prime items, but have missed out on various accessories or relics, at some point or another. Bringing these back was great.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)we the ghosted said:

Thank you DE team for listening to the community, this is what makes me value this game the most.

However, could I make one suggestion on behalf of the players who grind hard in this game, but may not be able to make purchases of the Regal Aya:  

• A Steel Essence Aya Upgrade option - You could charge 300 steel essence, & 20 Aya for 1 Regal Aya upgrade, with a weekly cap of 3 upgrades. 

This would allow all gamers to participate in owning accessory items, encouraging more game play and at the same time, not hindering / diminishing your monetization efforts. 

Most end gamers have most prime items, but have missed out on various accessories or relics, at some point or another. Bringing these back was great.

Are you genuinely asking for exclusive premium cosmetic items in exchange for in-game resources?

• Like 4

DE given us 1 week for 2 completly Warframes and their weapons. ONE WEEK
Drop Chance for Aya - 1.01% - 51% 
I was think always: The Void is alternative of Open Worlds. 
I have a weak computer and can't playing as much longer on Orb Vallis: i see downgrade in FPS. 
I can't farming Aya in Void due 1.01% - 8.33% drop chance. Its very low. 
DE given us extremal conditions for getting current Primes and their Weapons. 
My suggession: Increase dropable Aya to 5
Or leave 1 but make as additional reward in all missions with 100% chance, where we can receive the Relics.