The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Upcoming Corrections with Regal Aya: Next Steps

[DE]Danielle

As someone who is willing to purchase plat freely I am happy to see this change. Initially I was not interested in regal aya at all as the value of the free to play route was much better. Thank you for playing this balancing act and listening to your community. Proud Tenno here

• Like 1

As a free player, I'm still infinitely thankful you took the time and effort to actually do this for your community. I'm also glad you've grown a community that cares about the game enough that they will tell you how a decision will impact their personal or overall reaction, and from what I've seen, people are willing to spend money on what they think is worth it. Supporting you guys + getting a better deal is essentially going to result in more sales overall, rather than just the people who want to support you. And the fact that you will retroactively send the platinum out to previous purchases should also be proof that this wasn't just a scheme to "Take the money of the first suckers and then get it from the rest". Regardless of the fact that it's more work to work the platinum in the promotions, websites, etc, thank you again. if anything, the inconsistencies will be a nice surprise to those who don't expect the bonus, and your community will inform the rest. Cheers!

• Like 1

Just now, Reazek said:

What about the players who purchased regal aya before platinum was added to the bundles? Yesterday I purchased 15 regal aya, should I expect to get 1200 plat?

They are working on a script for this, as stated in the original post 

• Like 1

Just now, Reazek said:

What about the players who purchased regal aya before platinum was added to the bundles? Yesterday I purchased 15 regal aya, should I expect to get 1200 plat?

40 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Platinum will be included in Regal Aya Packs. It will be retroactively given to those who have already purchased and added in as soon as possible for future purchases. A timeline for this will be provided shortly.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Spark_Daddy said:

Thank you! I mean that. It's good ya'll took into consideration what the community wants. 

Now, if only other feedback on many other things could be listened to.

Oh my god some people can never be happy even for a second

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, (PSN)pandoCrash01 said:

But i don't have a platinums

THey'll run a script and it will be rectified. They have promised a timeline and given hard numbers. If they back out of this now that is an even worse look than before, so they will deliver.

Have a little faith that they will follow through, if only to save their own necks.

Yes there will be problems and other incidents that feedback will need to be provided and acted upon but...?

For now I will hold my snark to one side. I want this to be a thread of positivity. Sure, day before it was 'oh we can't we can't.' and now 'we will we will' so obviously something made that change.

So, to those that say this still is not enough? I say bully to that! The 200 plat amount was cited loudly and often and they have delivered on this. The reduction between vault packs and thi is an acceptable convenience cost. 

So let us reward them by opening wallets where possible.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ShyDeath7 said:

I see DE had do something with Regal Aya. So how about the regular Aya?

The farm for normal Aya still quite difficult. 1 high tier bounty can almost guarantee 1 Aya, but after the night of Naberus, keeps on farming all these open world bounty just feels very boring. Not to mention that, the open world bounty still feels very boring and half of the time is searching for enemy. 

Can you add Aya drops on any mission? but on reasonably low rate, like 2%. so it means that whatever activity you are doing, you stand a chance to gain Aya. This can set the hard limit on how much you can grind for. It also incentive player from doing all mission, and not just keeps on doing the mission that has the highest Aya drop chance, 

One of the problem in Warframe is that, is it so many grind that will easily burnout. I just hope that this suggestion can helps to reduce the burnout and reward player for spending time in your game. 

No. Aya has literally just replaced the drop table of unvaulted relics. Considering it is a 1:1 pricing model, aya is a better system because you are choosing which relic you want. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the way aya exists in game right now

• Like 7

This is a good move, well done. However I think it's very important that DE keep in mind that the platinum wasn't really the core issue. The core issue is that the regal Aya very clearly offered objectively much less value to players when compared to the same outlay on prime vault packs, flexibility is a very minor benefit when you have to pay nearly twice as much for the items just for the privilege of buying them separately. Choice isn't worth a 100% premium on everything you want to buy, simple as that.

Bluntly it felt like you were ripping us off and off the back of you guys having been taken over by a company who are notorious for bleeding their players dry I don't think you can really blame your players for seeing this as DE doing exactly that.

Tencent is a name that leaves a very bad taste in a lot of people's mouths and for good reason, DE can assert that they have creative independence all they like but the fact remains that they effectively own you and DE do not exist in a vacuum, and decisions like these that make your players feel you're treating them like walking wallets only reinforce people's fears that Warframe will become just another Tencent cash grab and be left dead apart from those very few who don't mind spending $100+ a month on a game.

On top of the pricing misstep the response was poor and left many people feeling that DE doubled down on selling the same stuff for twice the price all the while trying to frame it as a positive for players, in the marketing this felt dishonest and disingenuous, when the same stuff was repeated in the face of widespread complaints it felt tone deaf and borderline insulting.

The thing that surprises me the most is that a company like DE that usually puts so much effort into communication and community didn't think to figure out if players actually wanted this before doing it, focus group anyone? Or even just a tiny bit of market research? I hope DE will learn from this that developing a new offering has to start with figuring out what people actually want from their outlay as this felt like very little thought was put into it.

• Like 23

Firstly, thankyou for trying to (at least ,partially) correct your mistake.  I know alot of people (including) think adding platinum to these packs, was something that should have been implemented from the update as soon as it launched. These changes however don't go as far as I'd have hoped. Adding a Aya to Regal Aya conversion e.g. 10 Aya = 1 Regal Aya, perhaps with a 10platinum conversion charge or something very similar would be greatly beneficial to the playerbase, and yourselves as people Would be buying platinum from you to use in the conversion process.  At least a proportion of people are just after weaponry and/or the cosmetics and decorations. A Aya to Regal Aya conversion process, as mentioned in the way or similar to it above could help people to achieve this, whilst also providing you with profit. Thankyou for trying to salvage this situation at least DE. More Developers need to be ready to correct their mistakes and learn from them. 

Edited by (PSN)Crimson_Rogue_
  • Like 2

Just now, -Pro-Cosmic- said:

would be great if the vendor  had 1 regal aya that tenno's can purchase with so many aya      a way to earn too

Maybe. Then there would be no reason for the people who purchase prime cosmetics to have the exclusivity of them. Prime cosmetics have always been purchasable, never available in game 

• Like 5