Please optimize Titania a little bit

MzKsG

Titania is generally performing well at this stage, but the casting mechanics are still a bit annoying, and I personally would like to see the following improvements.

1.Tribute:This ability shouldn't always have to be used against an enemy to gain gains, so why not allow titania to gain gains directly?

2.Lantern:The lantern needs to work against an enemy. This leads to a lot of times when we can't have a beacon in a proper place, because enemies don't always show up where we want them to.So the lantern should be adjusted to create a beacon at the pointer, attach a beacon to a friendly target, or even put a beacon on ourselves?

3.Razorwing:We were able to drive arwching in the open map and interact with items in the scene. So why not give Titania a fair shake?

4.Diwata:I know it's not his fault, in fact all arwching melee weapons are terrible. Not only can they only be used in space, they are far less effective in both damage and kill than ranged weapons. I wonder if they do anything other than provide some experience? Hopefully they will be strengthened one day.

I actually don't think it would be too difficult just to make the changes above. And while this doesn't change the titania's mechanics significantly, it just makes it easier to use.If you have a better idea, please discuss it below.

• Like 3

Honestly I wish Tribute was literally any other ability, I don't think there is fixing it, they even tried to tie a porkchop to it by linking it to respawning razorflies and I still replaced it in a heartbeat the second that was a thing. Usually I have to think about what ability I replace but Tribue got Thanos snapped. 

Lantern and Spellbind to me are far too samey, I would love to see them combined into a tap-n-hold ability. Tap to Spellbind and hold to Lantern and create a new ability to fill the void. 

I think the issue with Razorwing vs Archwing is that Archwing everything is on the same scale where as Razorwing they're hitting scaling issues. That said 100% believe that if they wanted to they could fix it. Time and time again I've heard "we can't do X because it's impossible" followed by X being done some time down the line.

For Diwata, I'd love to see it get some sort of buff but like you said all of ArchMelee could really use an overhaul.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MzKsG said:

3.Razorwing:We were able to drive arwching in the open map and interact with items in the scene. So why not give Titania a fair shake?

Sure, as long as you cant benefit from the Exalted weapons wile Titania`s Archwing is active.

Personally i dont see any major issue with her current Kit.

Only things i wish for her was that the HOLD function from her Spellbound applied the Status immunity to all Allies within Affinity range instead of having to constantly aim and cast on them wile on the move.

Her Tribute`s Buffs could also be based off Affinity Range so building her for max duration wouldnt punish the rest of her kit.

12 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Lantern and Spellbind to me are far too samey, I would love to see them combined into a tap-n-hold ability. Tap to Spellbind and hold to Lantern and create a new ability to fill the void.

I dont see much benefit on using Lantern since the primary target becomes invulnerable which causes Delay in defense missions and mobs dont often get affected by its attraction. I think Spellbound is still much better as a CC skill as it also Disarms.

3 hours ago, MzKsG said:

Tribute:This ability shouldn't always have to be used against an enemy to gain gains, so why not allow titania to gain gains directly?

I don't quite understand how this can be a problem now. Yes, we use only half of the ability, because CC is bad, but this does not mean that we need to remove CC and calm down on this. Moreover, I wouldn't want it to be just for Titania, because it's useful for allies too.

3 hours ago, MzKsG said:

Lantern:The lantern needs to work against an enemy. This leads to a lot of times when we can't have a beacon in a proper place, because enemies don't always show up where we want them to.So the lantern should be adjusted to create a beacon at the pointer, attach a beacon to a friendly target, or even put a beacon on ourselves?

Yes, I would definitely like to see Amesha beacon mechanics instead.

3 hours ago, MzKsG said:

Diwata:I know it's not his fault, in fact all arwching melee weapons are terrible. Not only can they only be used in space, they are far less effective in both damage and kill than ranged weapons. I wonder if they do anything other than provide some experience? Hopefully they will be strengthened one day.

Divata would actually be quite strong if she could in heavy attacks. But we are waiting for the archmelee rebalance, where Divata will have to get its buffs. Otherwise, let me just replace it with a Centaur. 

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

I think the issue with Razorwing vs Archwing is that Archwing everything is on the same scale where as Razorwing they're hitting scaling issues. That said 100% believe that if they wanted to they could fix it. Time and time again I've heard "we can't do X because it's impossible" followed by X being done some time down the line.

As someone who has experienced a lot of size bugs, I can say that there are no problems. Just trash animations. These are about the same problems that people talk about when I start talking about normal weapons in razorwing.

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

Honestly I wish Tribute was literally any other ability, I don't think there is fixing it, they even tried to tie a porkchop to it by linking it to respawning razorflies and I still replaced it in a heartbeat the second that was a thing. Usually I have to think about what ability I replace but Tribue got Thanos snapped.

Yes, I would prefer razor fly to be separate, because they are out of control and fragile now.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

dont see much benefit on using Lantern since the primary target becomes invulnerable which causes Delay in defense missions and mobs dont often get affected by its attraction. I think Spellbound is still much better as a CC skill as it also Disarms.

No. Spellbind is a bad CC because it hides the heads of enemies. Lantern is much better at this even though the enemies keep shooting at you. Moreover, the main target of the Lantern becomes your ally, so you can take the aura of an ancient healer or shield ospray. If Lantern would have provided immunity status instead of spellbind, spellbind could have been removed, I think.

Edited by selig_fay

But I want to say one thing. Instead of combining abilities, just divide them into normal form and razorwing, because I think razorwing should encourage aggressive play, while normal form could be more protected. Yes, it's cool that abilities can do a lot of things, but it seems overloaded and dishonest.

• Like 1

5小时前 , selig_fay 说:

I don't quite understand how this can be a problem now. Yes, we use only half of the ability, because CC is bad, but this does not mean that we need to remove CC and calm down on this. Moreover, I wouldn't want it to be just for Titania, because it's useful for allies too.

Actually, I just want a faster way to use it. My biggest problem is that my teammates like to use all kinds of explosive weapons, like Bramma. This caused me to fail every time I found my target and used Tribute on him because the enemy was killed by an explosive weapon before I could finish casting. I tend to get so annoyed by this that I even have to find an enemy in the corner to get my buff, so why don't I just replace it?

刚才 , MzKsG 说:

Actually, I just want a faster way to use it. My biggest problem is that my teammates like to use all kinds of explosive weapons, like Bramma. This caused me to fail every time I found my target and used Tribute on him because the enemy was killed by an explosive weapon before I could finish casting. I tend to get so annoyed by this that I even have to find an enemy in the corner to get my buff, so why don't I just replace it?

On top of that, even though I used it on enemies, I actually had to walk over and pick up souls to get a buff. Oh, my God, who on earth came up with this idea? This is terrible. Even with that removed I was happy enough, I wanted to use the playability to get a buff right away, not have to pick up that damn soul.

7小时前 , BiancaRoughfin 说:

Her Tribute`s Buffs could also be based off Affinity Range so building her for max duration wouldnt punish the rest of her kit.

In fact, I remember that the buff of tribute is not affected by the range and duration mod,Only the damage reduction defuff and casting distance caused to the enemy are affected.

13 hours ago, MzKsG said:

On top of that, even though I used it on enemies, I actually had to walk over and pick up souls to get a buff. Oh, my God, who on earth came up with this idea? This is terrible. Even with that removed I was happy enough, I wanted to use the playability to get a buff right away, not have to pick up that damn soul.

Oh, you're talking about Tribute. I thought you were talking about spellbind. My mistake. The problem with Tribute is that you only want DR and nothing else. Well, maybe a full moon if you give up razorwing and play with pets.

In fact, I don't see any problems in the mechanics, except for bugs when souls don't appear :( , because if allies kill everything around, then you don't need DR, because you don't get damage. Well, Titania basically wins in mobility, so, yes, this is her gameplay. She is actually far from the nidus problem. Well, if you don't put spellbind horvest which is the most flawed augment at the moment. Yes, I know about the lantern augment problem, and it's still better in my eyes than the energy you'll never get in a co-op game. 

DR is why Titania is good. Yes, people think it's because razorwing, but few people played Titania when she was thin. I can say that this magical 50% made her just mega effective for her and the team. And that's the whole Tribute. Only in this.

Full moon. Just flog dogs with khomm or hounds with fire. This is not to mention the fact that I have a build where there is a full mecha mod, when a dog kills 30 meters of steel path with one blow on the mark. I mean. 1 dog punch. How many weapons can do this? It's not effective, but it's just fun.

But tribute has another function that everyone forgets. Tribute reduces enemy damage. And this is a very strange feature that may be strong, but I think it's just broken and doesn't work on bosses as it should.

But I can say that I don't mind at all if all the first three abilities are removed and lost forever. Because there is only the status of immunity (and if it's not in the new abilities, I'll either compensate for it with mods or a fire walker, so it's not scary) and dr. 

But I would be glad if people started to cut razorwing into separate abilities in the same way. I mean, people are already doing this with razorfly. It remains only to transfer the exalted weapon to a separate button to free the Titania archwing from the dictatorship of one weapon. But I got carried away, and I don't want to arrange a discussion with all the problems and disadvantages of razorwing. (khe khe disabled pets khe khe). So

Edited by selig_fay

1小时前 , selig_fay 说:

In fact, I don't see any problems in the mechanics, except for bugs when souls don't appear :( , because if allies kill everything around, then you don't need DR, because you don't get damage. Well, Titania basically wins in mobility, so, yes, this is her gameplay. She is actually far from the nidus problem. Well, if you don't put spellbind horvest which is the most flawed augment at the moment. Yes, I know about the lantern augment problem, and it's still better in my eyes than the energy you'll never get in a co-op game. 

Actually I'm not saying there's a problem here, use this ability to hit enemies and drop souls, pick them up and get buffs. This sounds very reasonable, but maybe there are times when we should get rid of this so-called 'reasonable'. I don't think picking up souls is a necessary process, although I only have to go a little further to pick it up. This seemingly dispensable process is often the most annoying. I don't have any questions about buffs, I just wish I could get the buff after casting, instead of picking up the soul.

1小时前 , selig_fay 说:

But tribute has another function that everyone forgets. Tribute reduces enemy damage. And this is a very strange feature that may be strong, but I think it's just broken and doesn't work on bosses as it should.

I gotta say, it's a little lame. I don't need this effect at all for a normal enemy, and even the damage from this ability can kill normal enemies. However, this ability is now immune to bosses. So why not change the effect to friends taking less damage from the target?

7 minutes ago, MzKsG said:
I gotta say, it's a little lame. I don't need this effect at all for a normal enemy, and even the damage from this ability can kill normal enemies. However, this ability is now immune to bosses. So why not change the effect to friends taking less damage from the target?

This ability, judging by the description, should reduce the damage output of the enemy. Let's put it this way. We have a rhino roar that increases our damage output. It should be the opposite effect that we apply to the enemy. Judging by what I see with the help of sister parvos, Titania can stack this effect, but it seems only we suffer from it when the damage of mobs does not change or changes very slightly and the effect is not stack. Yes, it is useless for ordinary enemies, but it can be useful for elite enemies, like enemy necromechs. But again, in my opinion, the effect works strangely and incorrectly, so it is useless now.

I have a great idea. Titania, when switched to Diwata, can ignore volume collisions and deal damage by passing through enemies. This means we can constantly run into enemies and automatically attack them as we go through them, which is fun.

• Like 1

The only issue I have with Lantern is how random it is. Enemies can randomly snap out of it to instantly gate your shields when you least expect. I've had enemies literally hugging the Lantern and still aiming at me and giving me stares right before making my shields magically disappear. They'll also straight up ignore the charm to steal interception towers and do other objectives. I mean, yeah, the range is huge and you can have 4 of them at a time, but I'd prefer less base stats in favor of reliability. It's very frustrating to see visual effects on an enemy and the next second they act like they're the new 57th nullifier variation. It's really sad to not be able to trust your abilities.

If it was just more reliable, I think the ability would be pretty powerful.

I would love to see more durable Razorflies as well.

As for Tribute, I think the effects are too repetitive (literally 5 different effects which increase survivability: DR, Slow, Accuracy Reduction, +HP+armor [for pets and flies] and the direct casting debuff) and very limited by the fact none of them can be altered by Mods (wiki states that only casting cost, casting range and 500 direct damage dealt are moddable). 
  If I would suggest anything: The auras should be more powerful and diverse but limited to only two at a time (making it less spammy). To compensate, combining two auras will give you a third effect for as long as both auras are active, with the effect of the thrid aura depending on the combination.

Edited by Venefik

4 hours ago, Venefik said:

The only issue I have with Lantern is how random it is. Enemies can randomly snap out of it to instantly gate your shields when you least expect. I've had enemies literally hugging the Lantern and still aiming at me and giving me stares right before making my shields magically disappear. They'll also straight up ignore the charm to steal interception towers and do other objectives.

Yeah.. That's basically why I don't really bother using it on Titania and it's sad ^^;

It seems especially patchy on Interception but it's overall not super trustworthy

• Like 1

12小时前 , Venefik 说:

The only issue I have with Lantern is how random it is. Enemies can randomly snap out of it to instantly gate your shields when you least expect. I've had enemies literally hugging the Lantern and still aiming at me and giving me stares right before making my shields magically disappear. They'll also straight up ignore the charm to steal interception towers and do other objectives. I mean, yeah, the range is huge and you can have 4 of them at a time, but I'd prefer less base stats in favor of reliability. It's very frustrating to see visual effects on an enemy and the next second they act like they're the new 57th nullifier variation. It's really sad to not be able to trust your abilities.

I actually asked this question in the forum. I was told that the mechanics of this skill are equivalent to setting a high threat goal to achieve. However, the way threats are set up and run in the game is not so clear, just like the relationship between the defensive target and tenno, sometimes the enemy will choose to attack you even though you are standing next to each other. It has to do with the distance between the two, the obstacles, the order in which they find their targets and even the type of enemy. It would have been much better if DE had improved this ability to a more stable effect.

12小时前 , Venefik 说:

As for Tribute, I think the effects are too repetitive (literally 5 different effects which increase survivability: DR, Slow, Accuracy Reduction, +HP+armor [for pets and flies] and the direct casting debuff) and very limited by the fact none of them can be altered by Mods (wiki states that only casting cost, casting range and 500 direct damage dealt are moddable). 

I feel the same way, sometimes I'd rather have only one aura at a time than have this weak effect. 4 Aura effects are fatal without being affected by the mod, indicating that the upper limit of this ability has been removed. And the effect itself is not ideal, I may only be satisfied with the aura damage reduction, I can hardly feel the substantial impact of other effects. Maybe it has something to do with my gaming habits. I prefer simple and rough effects like OCT, and I want more output enhancement.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 2:38 PM, MzKsG said:

I have a great idea. Titania, when switched to Diwata, can ignore volume collisions and deal damage by passing through enemies. This means we can constantly run into enemies and automatically attack them as we go through them, which is fun.

It looks like an opportunist. But the problem of divata is not in attacks, but in damage. You have to have a lot of damage in order for the opportunist to work, because if you have 1 attack on each enemy when you fly through them, you spend a lot of time trying to make a repeat maneuver.

8小时前 , selig_fay 说:

It looks like an opportunist. But the problem of divata is not in attacks, but in damage. You have to have a lot of damage in order for the opportunist to work, because if you have 1 attack on each enemy when you fly through them, you spend a lot of time trying to make a repeat maneuver.

Of course, I understand that it's practically impossible to expect Diwata to work because of the lack of mechanics. So this is just a fun idea for personalization, obviously it doesn't change the current situation with Diwata and space melee weapons. Another hypothesis I made in a previous post was that Diwata would leave a cloud of smoke every 4 attacks that could be detonated by the attack for area damage. I thought that might be a good idea, too?

4小时前 , cococciolo 说:

razorwings butterflies need some kind of way to replenish while the ability is active, like headshot or melee kills spawn more butterflies or something.

The simplest way is to hold down 4 to replenish a group of butterflies. Or set to automatically replenish a butterfly every X seconds. You can also create a new butterfly when an enemy affected by 1 skill or attracted by 3 skill dies. However, I don't think DE will be making any changes to titania anytime soon. Titania is on the lower end of the warframe usage chart for 2020, at around 1%. However, with NYX ATla and ZEP's less-used Warframes still available, it may be time for them to be revamped before titania gets its turn

13 hours ago, cococciolo said:

razorwings butterflies need some kind of way to replenish while the ability is active, like headshot or melee kills spawn more butterflies or something.

I think razorflies need a way to become useful. Now I prefer to have a hound, instead of them. The main problem is not the replenishment, but the fact that 10 razorfly can die from 2 missiles, because shieldgate does not work very well for them. I mean, yes they have ehp loki and small size, but loki has invisibility) And they do the opposite thing, which just kills them because they don't have a tank.

Edited by selig_fay

2021/11/27 PM7点28分 , selig_fay 说:

I think razorflies need a way to become useful. Now I prefer to have a hound, instead of them. The main problem is not the replenishment, but the fact that 10 razorfly can die from 2 missiles, because shieldgate does not work very well for them. I mean, yes they have ehp loki and small size, but loki has invisibility) And they do the opposite thing, which just kills them because they don't have a tank.

The easiest way to do that is to turn them into a special companion, like Vernali. If I could install mods on them, it would no doubt solve a lot of problems.

Tribute, Ivara arrows, Vauban mines etc all feel pretty terrible control wise whether you have them on tap to cycle or inverted. It'd be great if they had their own control cycle keybind options so you could put them on the mousewheel. Titania specifically also has a problem that her abilities aren't color coded like everyone else's meaning it's not obvious at a glance which is which. Though in her case honestly...this could probably just be one ability. It's just not fun gameplay to put so much micromanagement into such mediocre auras. 3 of which do the same thing in slightly different ways and one which buffs my teammates carrier drones that may or may not have assault mode equipped. 

1 seems pointless with her 3. But I actually do like her 3. It's like Loki decoy and Gara's mirrors had a more useful baby.

5 hours ago, RazeLandale said:

3 of which do the same thing in slightly different ways and one which buffs my teammates carrier drones that may or may not have assault mode equipped

I would not compare 50% of team dr and these two enemy debuffs, which literally do nothing except highlight enemy contours.