Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence: Hotfix 30.9.5

[DE]Rebecca

8 minutes ago, Arniox said:

What open world have you chosen? I wqs farming on venus last night and then got distracted and started collecting animals for like... 2 hours. Got both symbols on my shoulders now for venus

There is a thread in PHP detailing all of the best drop chances, but in a nutshell the most efficient places are:

T5 OR SP bounties on Deimos, Vallis and PoE. You do them all the way to the end and complete the bonus objective one of the two most efficient ways to farm. 

The other efficiency farm is to do the first stage of the Ghoul Purge bounty over and over again, but it is really mind numbing, where if you are trying to mix things up you can do T5 bounties switching between planets to keep it interesting. And that only exists as an option as long as Ghoul Purge is still running concurrently with Prime Resurgence and this is a long event. 

Personally I've been doing Cetus bounties T5 with rando's but that's just a preference. 

Please refine the Basic/Advanced mode switch for the Decorating Mechanism. The use of [TAB] to switch between the modes collides with STEAM's [SHIFT]+[TAB] Overlay. Summoning the Overlay requires the use of [TAB], which when going back from the Overlay mid-decorating can be quite annoying, as shown by the .GIF below:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611eb09358959c334dec1

I suggest making the mode switch rebindable from [TAB], or make a Toggle Switch in Options that disables Basic Mode/enables both modes.

2 hours ago, Oreades said:

So no changes to the droprate on standard Aya then?

no mate its way too early for DE to fix the cash grab of Regal Aya.. its designed to make players purchase rather than farm of it.

But these days its what DEncent is going to do .. DE's bosses are now starting to take control of the fiscal .. 

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is it, Tenno. Our last Hotfix before The New War in December. 

Our teams are now fully heads down on our most ambitious Quest in Warframe history. BUT we’re still here reading and watching for any emergencies as the days go on. We hope Varzia will keep you company while we’re absent on the Hotfix front until December! 

So you're going to just leave Lavos clunky with the Vial Rush bug previously reported?

I know it's not exactly an 'emergency', but even so, it's the most frequently used ability (especially by virtue of its own cooldown being the shortest) - Lavos players shouldn't be stuck with this jank for months; the New War release and subsequent bug-swatting hotfixes won't leave much room for anything else, for a while.

Also you need to go into your cleanup scripts and make sure you prevent mission-critical units from being auto-killed rather than reset into play:

Just an acknowledgement of this one for now is fine - it's not a common thing to run into (although the game's increasing abuse of knockback effects does heighten the risk.)

Il y a 5 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Meaning this 6 months old bug, which could have been easily fixed simply by moving the anchor point of shoulder plates back to it's original position, will never be fixed before The New War …

So I will not be able to make my Khora look good for the event. Very nice of you, DE …

While I do see where the prices for RAya do come from, I'd still vote for a different calculation of the price of a single RAya.

DE oriented themselves based on previous Prime Vault packages. Which is fine. What is new so far is the chance to buy those previously bundled items single.
I'd suggest ~halfing the price of a single RAya. That way they and we could be way more flexible with ie Prime Sigils and Armor and whatnot. Even though I'm suggesting this price reduction, the cost of the bundles for RL cash shouldn't go down. Otherwise that'd be unfair.
There would be some recalculation of how much RAya which item should cost (Sigil = 1 Raya which would mean 3€ instead of 6€, Armor = 3 for example). So while the Mag bundle would still cost 37€, the amount of RAya to buy it would double.

Apologies for stammering like this, having a migraine today and have the speech capabilities of a 2year old it feels. And again, I don't wish for the bundles to become chepar, I suggested a different calculation for RAya to make buying single items more attractive. Stuff that still gives you an edge in gaming like weapons n frames could still cost same as now. Just.. throwing my thoughts out here. That's all.

6 hours ago, Oreades said:

OK so out of 233 we've narrowed it down to 3 whole nodes that don't abjectly fail at drop rates. 

Mind you those are higher tier bounties and while I can literally do those with my eyes closed, the stated mission objective of this event is to try to close the gap between new(er) players on console who probably aren't going to be able to watch youtube on their second monitor while their soul is sucked into the fiery abys of burnout over the next 10 weeks of doing nothing but those three nodes. 

This is my problem with aya drop rates.

I don't have any issue grinding 40-60 lvl bounties or ghoul first stage over and over again, because I only need a few parts to complete some things I'm missing.

For me personally, the drop rates are fine.

For newer players? Eek. Once ghoul purge goes away they'll basically have to hop into high level pub bounties and hope someone will carry them for a chance at aya.

Which, ok... I guess isn't a problem, since most of this game is about carrying people -- but new players also potentially need much, much more aya than vets do. Which means they'll need to grind those bounties way, way more. 

I just have a feeling by the time the event gets a few weeks in these poor souls will be grinding alone, for the most part. I'm glad I'm not a new player but my heart goes out to them. It's a tedious, long grind, especially if you're the kind of player that wants something every week.

Can I also mention that newer players have less void trace storage? I can rip through half my storage no problem, and passively gain it without noticing I'm ever low. New players have to grind aya and void traces for a chance to rad them and maybe get what they want. It's like, double the grind for them. 

I totally understand if people don't agree with me, that's ok. I just think... that upping the drop rates for aya a tiny bit or even putting them on different nodes will help... Maybe. Maybe.

3 hours ago, Lokanahta said:

This is my problem with aya drop rates.

I don't have any issue grinding 40-60 lvl bounties or ghoul first stage over and over again, because I only need a few parts to complete some things I'm missing.

For me personally, the drop rates are fine.

For newer players? Eek. Once ghoul purge goes away they'll basically have to hop into high level pub bounties and hope someone will carry them for a chance at aya.

Which, ok... I guess isn't a problem, since most of this game is about carrying people -- but new players also potentially need much, much more aya than vets do. Which means they'll need to grind those bounties way, way more. 

I just have a feeling by the time the event gets a few weeks in these poor souls will be grinding alone, for the most part. I'm glad I'm not a new player but my heart goes out to them. It's a tedious, long grind, especially if you're the kind of player that wants something every week.

Can I also mention that newer players have less void trace storage? I can rip through half my storage no problem, and passively gain it without noticing I'm ever low. New players have to grind aya and void traces for a chance to rad them and maybe get what they want. It's like, double the grind for them. 

I totally understand if people don't agree with me, that's ok. I just think... that upping the drop rates for aya a tiny bit or even putting them on different nodes will help... Maybe. Maybe.

You do understand that aside from the Relic Pack this is how we farm relics for vaulted content anyways? Now, the relic pack, I have no idea what the drop rate for aya is in that, BUT you aren't getting a specific relic you want during a vaulted time anyways. I normally ignore the little complaints about these miniscule things, since sure, change and what not, but this event literally just replaced the prize we get from where vaulted relics drop into a ticket to change into any vaulted relic we'd like.

Saying something like new players are going to have a hard time to farm relics YET we never heard this complaint before just tells us its a complaint to just complain. Also, the relics are tradable, and the new players can use recruitment chat, where they can radshare. New players are fine, if anything, this event will have a long-lasting effect on what's popping out of relics for next year. When I was a new player, some of my primes just came from going into the void fissures in public and getting some vaulted parts from old veterans.

3 hours ago, Lokanahta said:

Can I also mention that newer players have less void trace storage?  New players have to grind aya and void traces for a chance to rad them and maybe get what they want. It's like, double the grind for them.

Now that you mention it.. Thinking back to my starting days, the traces storage was really limiting. I always calculated how many traces I can still farm without hitting cap, then rad the thing, then go farm again and rinse n repeat. Seeing it from this perspective, I do believe some might burn themselves out while trying to just do their best in the grind to get some cool shinies. Which is not neccessarily the Aya's fault, since that really has always been the case.

The one thing Aya does however is removing the triple layer grind.
Usually, for an Axi Relic, you had to do some really hard and taxing stuff. Be carried or just hope you power through missions that can give you an Axi solo. Back then I feared the Void, no matter which level. It was where the Bombards, Nullifiers and Heavy Gunners lived, while strolling around with those tentacle healers.
With Aya, even though you do have a lower dropchance in some missions, you can still exchange that currency for any relic you like straight away, without having to deal with too much clutter items or double/triple drop of that other relic you weren't even farming for like in regular missions. Might sound weird, but I think that alone helps with all the rng.

Or maybe my brain still has holes in it. idk. I'm no longer "new", but I vividly remember my Axi struggles. And bounty pools are smaller, no?

Edit: And no, I didn't pick your comment to pick at you, but it was your comment that made me think back. That's all :)

@Motodog242 As a new player I avoided the forum, wiki and whatnot, to not run into any spoilers. And because I just wanted to play and immerse myself  and not "deal with people outside of the game". No clue how many newbs do that too, but I sure as heck kept my nose out of the forums as long as I thought everything was shiny with the game. *shrugs*

24 minutes ago, Motodog242 said:

You do understand that aside from the Relic Pack this is how we farm relics for vaulted content anyways? Now, the relic pack, I have no idea what the drop rate for aya is in that, BUT you aren't getting a specific relic you want during a vaulted time anyways. I normally ignore the little complaints about these miniscule things, since sure, change and what not, but this event literally just replaced the prize we get from where vaulted relics drop into a ticket to change into any vaulted relic we'd like.

Saying something like new players are going to have a hard time to farm relics YET we never heard this complaint before just tells us its a complaint to just complain. Also, the relics are tradable, and the new players can use recruitment chat, where they can radshare. New players are fine, if anything, this event will have a long-lasting effect on what's popping out of relics for next year. When I was a new player, some of my primes just came from going into the void fissures in public and getting some vaulted parts from old veterans.

I thought they said that drop rates were changed to be lower than they normally are in void missions.

I suppose the biggest issue is even though this event could potentially be permanent (after it's edited a bit, I imagine), right now it's time gated. I know the shop will have everything in the last pool included, but right now we're on a week-by-week basis until we get there.

I'm sorry if I came off rude, I'm not trying to complain just to complain. Like I said, I don't have an issue with the drop rates personally, but I'm just trying to consider other players' issues that aren't my own.

13 minutes ago, Silescere said:

Now that you mention it.. Thinking back to my starting days, the traces storage was really limiting. I always calculated how many traces I can still farm without hitting cap, then rad the thing, then go farm again and rinse n repeat. Seeing it from this perspective, I do believe some might burn themselves out while trying to just do their best in the grind to get some cool shinies. Which is not neccessarily the Aya's fault, since that really has always been the case.

The one thing Aya does however is removing the triple layer grind.
Usually, for an Axi Relic, you had to do some really hard and taxing stuff. Be carried or just hope you power through missions that can give you an Axi solo. Back then I feared the Void, no matter which level. It was where the Bombards, Nullifiers and Heavy Gunners lived, while strolling around with those tentacle healers.
With Aya, even though you do have a lower dropchance in some missions, you can still exchange that currency for any relic you like straight away, without having to deal with too much clutter items or double/triple drop of that other relic you weren't even farming for like in regular missions. Might sound weird, but I think that alone helps with all the rng.

Or maybe my brain still has holes in it. idk. I'm no longer "new", but I vividly remember my Axi struggles. And bounty pools are smaller, no?

Edit: And no, I didn't pick your comment to pick at you, but it was your comment that made me think back. That's all :)

@Motodog242 As a new player I avoided the forum, wiki and whatnot, to not run into any spoilers. And because I just wanted to play and immerse myself  and not "deal with people outside of the game". No clue how many newbs do that too, but I sure as heck kept my nose out of the forums as long as I thought everything was shiny with the game. *shrugs*

Yeah, I remember being carried for axi's, but at least disruption was, and still is, crazy efficient for it :)

I appreciate your feedback, I feel like your comment was well thought out.

17 hours ago, Her_Lovely_Tentacles said:

Could the spawning algorithm of the Treasurer get looked at, so we can get multiple Granum Crowns per mission? It feels so bad to leave the poor Solaris prisoners hanging :/
This is something I sincerely care about and I'd really like to see addressed.

lol man...nobody care about this.

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I seriously hope not. You borked the boarding torpedos in Grineer invasions to a point, where they don't work 9 times out of 10.

Why are decoarations like the noggles only availabe via paying instead of normal aya?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Archived