Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 10.7.0

[DE]Rebecca

Additions:

ABnGWUB.jpg

The Obex!

The OBEX system multiplies the kinetic energy of a Tenno's kicks and punches, delivering devastating blows to any target.

- Added polarity sort to mod card list (for easier fusion)

- Made loadout color randomization pick one of your purchased palettes before randomizing (rather than just using the defaults)

Changes:

- Reverted all Net Code changes to pre-10.5.6 to alleviate the more frequent De-Sync and Lag that we suspect these changes added. We are troubleshooting and continuing to make improvements based on player reports.

- Mercury Matchmaking Changes for new players. New players will no longer be “matched” in lobbies with high-leveled peers in Mercury Region.

- More UI Awareness for Platinum Coupon holders.

- Removed .25 second delay for auto reloading the Vectis.

- Pulling overreacting fog volumes from room for now as we continue to work on a fix.

- Derelict Vault Rooms can no longer be accessed without a key.

Fixes:

- Fixed Orokin Void transparency issues: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/127689-orokin-void-texture-bug/

- Fixed the Stalker's melee combo sometimes getting stuck in a restarting loop on client

- Fixed clients XP and items being lost after host migration occurs within the mission.

Let's kick !

Oh wow a new melee weapon! We really needed more of those....

...but seriously, can you guys stop adding new weapons and frames for a while and focus on more important things?

the have multiple teams. having a model artist working on netcode isn't a really good plan.

but yeah, i understand your point here, and agree.

optimizing the netcode before the ps4 release would be a VERY good plan.

This update is making me salivate. The delay on the Vectis is gone? Squee. Desync issues (probably) gone? Squee. New toys? Squee. Altered the matchmaking for Mercury? Squee? No, squee. Like the others I did like going into Mercury to do something, only to find myself helping the new generation. But it is good. When I was hunting for Focus, I ended up making the saplings think Vor was easier than he really was. I corrected them on that, but still. Maybe down the line you guys could set up a Mentor Program? I'd be into that.

Oh, and Fayden, keep in mind that they've got different teams working on different things independently of each other. I'm fairly certain that the artists and modelers' heads would explode if confronted with code.

Edit: Curse you, Xethier! Quicker on the draw than me...

Edited by TheMalachai

This update is making me salivate. The delay on the Vectis is gone? Squee. Desync issues (probably) gone? Squee. New toys? Squee. Altered the matchmaking for Mercury? Squee? No, squee. Like the others I did like going into Mercury to do something, only to find myself helping the new generation. But it is good. When I was hunting for Focus, I ended up making the saplings think Vor was easier than he really was. I corrected them on that, but still. Maybe down the line you guys could set up a Mentor Program? I'd be into that.

Oh, and Fayden, keep in mind that they've got different teams working on different things independently of each other. I'm fairly certain that the artists and modelers' heads would explode if confronted with code.

Edit: Curse you, Xethier! Quicker on the draw than me...

A mentor program would be awesome. Or perhaps some sort of setting that can only be activated in Mercury that lets you have the option to help new players, but you're forced to use lower ranked equipment.

It'd be kind of awkward getting that set up, but would be cool.

Daaamn I was expecting infested pair of punchglowes...  Retractable, so it doesnt clash with rifles.... As powerfull as galatine....  maybe  uppercut 1000 dmg I dunno...With AP dmg and high slam radius with knockdown...But totally not this. Is it Corpustech? Why so...square? Like legos. My fist will vomit if I put that thing on it.

Yes, but I'm sure the artists and modelers could work on something else besides weapons and frames though. We could have a lot more fun with some new enemy types and new tile sets, yet we rarely see those added. Weapons/frames on the other hand seem to be added on a regular basis.

Probably another melee nobody will ever use, like 80% of the melee stuff you released, how about more fixes and less pointless content?

And where is my tenno shotgun?

I still love you DE.

How many times do you need to be told that different departments work on different stuff before it will penetrate your skull?

Yes, but I'm sure the artists and modelers could work on something else besides weapons and frames though. We could have a lot more fun with some new enemy types and new tile sets, yet we rarely see those added. Weapons/frames on the other hand seem to be added on a regular basis.

New enemy types require more than artists and modelers. They also require animations, rigging, and tons of balancing. Weapons of course require balancing as well, but don't require as much time as a full blown new enemy. Frames of course need balancing, and it shows that they take very, very long time in doing so. Hell, the oldest frames just got a rebalance, infact.

New tilesets are definitely not easy either. That's not just some rooms bunched together - it's whole new terrain, obstacles, meshes, geometry, platforms, and tons upon tons of manpower from everyone involved - artists, modelers, animators, and coders alike.

Obex needed all of this as well, but to a far, -far- lesser extent...especially since everything about it other than its model, texture, and tweaked stats is Kogake - an already created weapon. Of course, not a bad thing to reuse assets in that regard, and it does explain everything I just stated.

Edited by SoulEchelon