Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 10.7.0

[DE]Rebecca

New enemy types require more than artists and modelers. They also require animations, rigging, and tons of balancing. Weapons of course require balancing as well, but don't require as much time as a full blown new enemy. Frames of course need balancing, and it shows that they take very, very long time in doing so. Hell, the oldest frames just got a rebalance, infact.

New tilesets is definitely not easy either. That's not just some rooms bunched together - it's whole new terrain, obstacles, meshes, geometry, platforms, and tons upon tons of manpower from everyone involved - artists, modelers, animators, and coders alike.

Obex needed all of this as well, but to a far, -far- lesser extent...especially since everything about it other than its model, texture, and tweaked stats is Kogake - an already created weapon. Of course, not a bad thing to reuse assets in that regard, and it does explain everything I just stated.

I understand that new enemies and tilesets are harder to make than weapons, but that's no excuse for them constantly making more of them. We've got plenty of weapons now; we do not have nearly enough tilesets or enemy types.

I understand that new enemies and tilesets are harder to make than weapons, but that's no excuse for them constantly making more of them. We've got plenty of weapons now; we do not have nearly enough tilesets or enemy types.

So you're saying they can't work on multiple things at once?

The last few livestreams had them talking about and showing off at least two new tilesets and concepts for another one. I believe the next new tileset will be the gas planet city-like area where Alad V will be, and the one afterward will be an overgrown forest. They can work on more than one thing, and since weaponry ends up taking far less time (and probably has particularly dedicated modelers to work with them) I see no reason in not adding more while they work on the new tilesets as well.

Also keep in mind that in an Art livestream, the devs did state that there are many weapon models that have already been created.

So you're saying they can't work on multiple things at once?

The last few livestreams had them talking about and showing off at least two new tilesets and concepts for another one. I believe the next new tileset will be the gas planet city-like area where Alad V will be, and the one afterward will be an overgrown forest. They can work on more than one thing, and since weaponry ends up taking far less time (and probably has particularly dedicated modelers to work with them) I see no reason in not adding more while they work on the new tilesets as well.

Also keep in mind that in an Art livestream, the devs did state that there are many weapon models that have already been created.

They can work on as many things as they want. I would just prefer it if they were working on things that needed to be worked on. Just because they have some guys working on the new tilesets doesn't mean the rest of them should go back to making melee weapon #5798.