Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaives still keep being thrown during regular combos (Fixed, TY DE!)

Kaggelos

Hi,

As per title, Glaives still keep being thrown during regular combos.

I still cant use the weapon class.

I dunno what else to do. Is it my attack speed? My mouse? the class itself?

Also left a reply to the workshop since September, but nothing.

Dunno where else to turn to.

Thank you for your time.

On 2021-11-18 at 9:02 PM, Kaggelos said:

Hi,

As per title, Glaives still keep being thrown during regular combos.

I still cant use the weapon class.

I dunno what else to do. Is it my attack speed? My mouse? the class itself?

Also left a reply to the workshop since September, but nothing.

Dunno where else to turn to.

Thank you for your time.

You're going to be waiting a long time. DE cares more about nerfing things rather than actually fixing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love glaives. I love melee. They need to fix this. There is a work around with your attack speed and how fast you're attacking but it's very hard to get without throwing it mid attack.

Fix please!! 

On 2022-06-22 at 10:46 PM, SJK150 said:

I love glaives. I love melee. They need to fix this. There is a work around with your attack speed and how fast you're attacking but it's very hard to get without throwing it mid attack.

Fix please!! 

This.

• 2 weeks later...
Le 10/12/2021 à 10:23, (PSN)Chomsky_Honk_ a dit :

They actually tried to fix this but went about it wrong

They increased how long you need to hold melee to throw a charged throw but they really shouldve increased how long it takes to do a light throw. They're aware of the problem 

And that fix broke the playstyle I had created for myself on Dual wielding with a pistol.

On 2022-07-06 at 6:55 PM, Kaggelos said:

Will this ever be addressed?

No.

On 2022-06-13 at 12:10 AM, Kaggelos said:

only when thrown do they work properly

No they don't, actually. Combo based throwing is completely unusable, as the game will frequently reset the value for Blood Rush, Weeping Wounds, and Gladiator mods to 0 despite you still having combo - and this will stay at 0 unless you reset your combo and build back up.

Also chaining throws has a bugged animation (only on the ground, not in the air), flight speed is inconsistent when not hosting, and some mods like Condition Overload have no effect on glaive heavy attacks.

... I keep saying that everything was working fine when throwing & detonating was "Secondary Fire" specific... But hey, people asked for glaive bugs those two functions to be included in a single button because "gamepads"...

3 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... I keep saying that everything was working fine when throwing & detonating was "Secondary Fire" specific... But hey, people asked for glaive bugs those two functions to be included in a single button because "gamepads"...

There was also consistency / control conflicts with dual wielding, the "perfect throw" mechanic, aerial throws, the still PITA factor of needing to swap to melee to heavy attack... It's a bit messy even then.

• 4 months later...

After some playing around and extensive testing, after the Veilbreaker update, Glaives are finally fixed (by 99.9%, only once every blue moon they get thrown away mid-combo).

Cheers DE, and thank you for fixing my favorite weapon class ^^

On 2022-07-07 at 8:43 PM, Traumtulpe said:

No.

Boom! Fixed since Veilbreaker :-D

Archived