Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recording Warframe

Gryphticon

I've tried to record warframe with few recording softwares and it doesn't work.

Recording Software:

Razor Game Booster's Screencast

Bandicam (Just for benchmarking)

Fraps works but it makes huge files so I won't use it unless it's really necessary...

PS: Another problem is that Steam can't detect Warframe and there's no in-game overlay...

Thanks!

Fraps is the best option, huge files?

I set video capture at 50 frames, and always record at full size. File size isn't a problem, just use virtual dub to fix the files up.

My video on what i use

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=uGE1UDWQLzM

Still huge but I'll try lowering the framerate. I do like all those size reducing softwares but in the end, I find myself with sound bugs (Handrake), lower quality (windows movie maker) and other un wanted bugs.

I'll still try...

Because Warframe uses a launcher application, it doesn't play nice with programs like Game Booster; it's determined to "boost" the launcher, which doesn't help, and adding Warframe's actual exe to the launcher list won't do anything, since you're unable to launch the game directly. I fiddled with it for a bit and unfortunately couldn't find a workaround for you. I have to ask though, do you just prefer to only benchmark with Bandicam, or are you having an actual problem with it? I've used bandicam here at the office without issue.

Like Untouchable2k however, I prefer to use FRAPS for the highest quality, and then compress the files in VirtualDub; I experience very few issues personally using that setup. Unfortunately FRAPS can put a stress on your system (processing power as well as hard drive space), so I can understand that it's not your top choice. As reccomended, Dxtory is a good middleground for file size, but since it can compress while it records, be wary of the strain on your processing power.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more help, but I can't see Game Booster being compatible with Warframe anytime soon.

A good quad core, a decent video card ( gtx 550 2gb or 7850 ) or 6850 , and 500GB hard drive , and you're good to go. Even if a file size is 25GB, just use virtual dub to fix the videos. Maybe the OP wants his videos to be over 10 mins long, but myself i only do videos that is under 5mins, i hate wathcing long videos haa. So if my videos are under 5Mins, if a file is 10GB from fraps, i just set the start point and end point to that video and the file size comes out to be no more than 200mb or less or 300mb. i never do file sizes that are 400mb or 500, which is why i hate long videos.

Anyways, good luck :)

Steam can't detect Warframe because it switches exes.

You open the launcher, so it can open Warframe.exe or Warframe.64.exe.

But for recording, I'd recommend Dxtory.

The bit about Steam is 100% untrue. You need to be running 32-bit mode and Steam will recognize Warframe just fine. It does *not* work with 64-bit. The setting can be set in the launcher itself in the settings, just uncheck "Enable 64-bit mode" and add the launcher to Steam as you normally would any non-Steam game.

As for recording I use the built in recording in MSI Afterburner (video card utility) because it allows me to set the resolution that I want easily, but records similarly to FRAPS and is free. I also generally tend to do shorter videos, but I suppose I can see where hard drive space/throughput may be an issue for some.

Edited by plznohurtme

The bit about Steam is 100% untrue. You need to be running 32-bit mode and Steam will recognize Warframe just fine. It does *not* work with 64-bit. The setting can be set in the launcher itself in the settings, just uncheck "Enable 64-bit mode" and add the launcher to Steam as you normally would any non-Steam game.

I completely forgot about disabling 64-bit mode! Gryphticon, running Warframe in 32-bit mode should let you screencast with Game Booster; I just tested it myself.

Ah, sweet.

It works. Had no idea, to be honest.

I thought Steam would recognize the launcher shutting down and not switching executables, so it did not start the overlay.

Ah, sweet.

It works. Had no idea, to be honest.

I thought Steam would recognize the launcher shutting down and not switching executables, so it did not start the overlay.

Yup, I didn't either, but I had checked the thread that someone had made about how it used to work but didn't now and someone posted that it worked on one system but not the other and that turned out to be the issue, who'd have thought. Hopefully when Warframe gets added to steam they'll have the 64-bit executable working with the overlay, though I'm not sure what would be involved with that.