Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime &/Or kuva Argonak

Sil3ntSilus

Hey everyone. i just wanna leave this request for the devs.
Im a major argonak assault rifle fan from back in the day. ive recently seen it in the market and it brought back fond memories. is there a possible chance we will see an argonak kuva &/or prime variant thats able to keep up with late game weapons?. maybe golden and fancy for prime and some nice purple and reds for kuva variants? 

by keep up i mean beable to do enough damage to beat level 50s or above un modded.

the dual firemodes was always an awesome part of the gun but the full auto was really lacking in power and semi had long pauses between firing would love to see these issues fixed

I'd go nuts for a Kuva / Wraith /  Prisma / Whatever Argonak.

A prime won't happen because it's Grineer.  

1 hour ago, Sil3ntSilus said:

the dual firemodes was always an awesome part of the gun but the full auto was really lacking in power and semi had long pauses between firing would love to see these issues fixed

Strad Prime has a much better approach to that dual mode, and is a much more capable weapon.  Not nearly as cool though.  And even slower in semi, although that's not a complaint I'd have about either gun.

Grineer weapons can't be primed so Kuva it is.

Argonak was a piece of ****** weapon, caused by the fact that some smartypants thought it was a good idea to create 2 different firing mods with COMPLETELY different stats, meaning you can't mod optimally for both, but only 1. Either you go for full crits with semi, or you go for status-spam with full-auto, having to completely ditch the other. Or go hybrid and have both perform under average.
Didn't helped that Argonak is another one in line who suffers from "i'm a semi with low fire rate, and my moded CC does not exceed 70%". Oh wow, 30%+ chance to not deal any damage? Amazing.

If Kuva Argonak is to ever exist - i really hope the semi will have at least 30% crit chance and at least 20% status chance, or the gun will be just as cursed as the original.

5 hours ago, Artekkor said:

Grineer weapons can't be primed so Kuva it is.

Argonak was a piece of ****** weapon, caused by the fact that some smartypants thought it was a good idea to create 2 different firing mods with COMPLETELY different stats, meaning you can't mod optimally for both, but only 1. Either you go for full crits with semi, or you go for status-spam with full-auto, having to completely ditch the other. Or go hybrid and have both perform under average.
Didn't helped that Argonak is another one in line who suffers from "i'm a semi with low fire rate, and my moded CC does not exceed 70%". Oh wow, 30%+ chance to not deal any damage? Amazing.

If Kuva Argonak is to ever exist - i really hope the semi will have at least 30% crit chance and at least 20% status chance, or the gun will be just as cursed as the original.

No need to trash a weapon im fond of man.

as i said if a kuva were to exist it should beable to go toe to toe with endgame weapons and would need to be like 10X more powerful then the base version, and rebalancing. I still dont like not being able to make a prime version.

The base Argonak is actually pretty decent once you outfit it with a arcane and a couple of galvanized mods, it can actually kill it a semi respectable time in steel path. And if you use the amalgum mod it gives you a niche commando micro build designed for higher leveled stuff if you make a fast dagger zaw and stuff shattering impact on it.

I would actually love a Argonak wraith to exist with boosted crit/status chance. Maybe it could be an event weapon?

Huge Argonak fan myself, so I wouldn’t say “No” to a kuva variant, but why would a requirement be to kill level 50s at core power, and how fast are we talking and against what enemies? Usually that’s where Serration or matched resistances or other damage-increase mods start coming into play to comfortably meet that level tier, no?

Can't go wrong with a Kuva Argonak, so long as Kuva Sobek becomes a thing. The poor Sobek has been ignored for far too long! And why stop there? Why not make Kuva weapons for the entire Grineer arsenal? Kuva Ghoulsaw needs to make up for the prolonged delay & the subpar nature of the original Ghoulsaw. Kuva Krohkur/Kuva Twin Krohkur would make fine additions to my collection! I'd even love to get my hands on a Kuva Vastilok for that matter, the regular Vastilok really is a fun weapon to use since I recently got my hands on it. Don't even get me started on a Kuva Ach & Brunt!

The one stipulation I've always had regarding Kuva weapons is the emphasis on uniqueness or mechanical adjustments for each weapon. It's not enough for these weapons to have better stats, they also need interesting featrues behind them, like the Kuva Hek & the Kuva Kraken's alt firing options. Argonak has options, but how exactly do we improve upon them? Perhaps a tertiary three-round burst-fire? I'm just spitballing at the moment, suggestions are welcome. However, I am in agreement when it comes to toning down the statistical discrepancy for the Argonak's firing modes, it just feels outlandishly harsh.

• 1 month later...
On 2021-11-24 at 7:26 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

DE will probably make the Kuva Argonak have some Annoyingly Stupid Gimmick

like instead of having Select-Fire, it'll just swap between semi/auto when you're aiming.... because someone thought aiming played smoother than using the Alt-Button...

RIP kuva quartakk, quatz, tenet diplos.

Yep this is the most depressing trend xD

Also +1 on Kuva Argonak

I could go for a Kuva Argonak, sure. I don’t care that some gamer can’t min-max the thing and will instead complain that it’s not as powerful as the stuff that they build to make the game detrimentally easy, I just really like the sound and feel of it, so I’m perfectly happy with an alternative option to one of my favourites

It's a cool weapon for sure but one that I never got super in to. For my purposes (primarily Lasting Covenant build on Harrow) it doesn't quite hit hard enough for a semi-auto weapon. The amalgam mod for it is pretty tasty, I like messing around with those (Daikyu one is great).

I for one would thoroughly welcome a Kuva or Wraith variant. Oh and all my yes to whoever suggested a Kuva/Wraith Sobek, that thing has been shelved for far too long :(

Archived