Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your reasons to go for the highest Mastery RAnk??

Rhymontic

When I first started warframe my overall goal was to reach the highest MR possible. My reasoning behind it was that I thought it would be rewarding. I noticed the game got easier as I raised my rank and it blew my mind how cheese and fun the highest MR people must find the game (lots of trades, standing, focus, easier solo runs, riven cap etc). So, I turned Legendary 1... and all I can say is, yes... the game indeed is easy, too easy just as I thought it would be. Legendary 1 rewards however are not as satisfying as I expected. 

Nowadays I find my joy in trading to buy cosmetics for fashion frame and helping other players through the game. Sometimes people dm me for blessings but sadly most of the time I already used it up. DE needs to bring more meaning to high ranked players by buffing the blessings feature, either by adding the number of times one can use a blessing in a day, increase the duration or even the percentage as we continue rising in the legendary ranks.

In the game's current state, being the highest MR possible doesnt mean much, you just collected everything and maxed them out. The only reason you still play the game is either for fashion frame or help other people, but as soon as these people are able to run missions solo, you become irrelevant to them.

Hopefully an improvent to progression after MR30 will be fixed, and made more rewarding to give players an end goal achievement. 

Honestly, it just kind of happened by accident for me. I originally didn't expect go any higher than MR15-18. But then the game became my favourite thing to pair with YouTube videos and podcasts, and the next thing I knew, I'm half way to Legendary 2.

I don't think DE will buff the MR30+ perks by much. I think that would provoke complaints from the more casual players.

Reading your post, it doesn't sound like your actual issue is MR-related...

2 hours ago, Rhymontic said:

The only reason you still play the game is either for fashion frame or help other people,

Hopefully an improvent to progression after MR30 will be fixed, and made more rewarding to give players an end goal achievement. 

...it sounds like you're bored, and you're looking for a new goal to work towards.  Sounds like your old goal was MR, and now that's gone and you haven't found something to replace it with.

There are all sorts of ways to solve this, but here are the two simplest solutions:

1. Take a break from Warframe.  There are plenty of other games our there, and plenty of other non-game activities, that you can spend your time with.  If Warframe's content isn't currently stimulating you, find something else that is.  Many players end up accidentally falling into a habit of making Warframe their go-to leisure time activity, which is perfectly fine until it stops being fun for them...and then they often have trouble recognizing the habit and breaking out of it.  It's probably worth checking whether you feel this applies to you.  If you do have this habit, you'll probably find more joy from life (and Warframe) if you break out of it.  Warframe is great, as long as you only play Warframe when you want to play Warframe, not because it's the default thing you do in your spare time.  So yeah, maybe it's time to take a break?  Warframe will always be here when you want to come back to it.
  2. If the simple act of playing Warframe is still enjoyable for you, just do that.  You don't need any goal besides having fun.  Break out of the mindset that your playtime has to be spent achieving something or accomplishing a goal, and just play the game because you enjoy playing it.  Maybe this means you go do a low level spy mission, for no other reason than because you can.  Maybe this means you do a 20-minute defense mission on Earth, even though there are no rewards there you care about.  All of the goals the game has lead you towards achieving up until now have just been dangling carrots, manipulating you into playing a game you enjoy because without them you might be less enticed to play the game you enjoy.  But if you are really still enjoying playing Warframe for the sake of playing Warframe, you don't need those carrots anymore.  Ask yourself: what mission do I want to play right now?  Then go play it.  If you don't have an answer for this, see the first solution above.

Best of luck! <3

49 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Reading your post, it doesn't sound like your actual issue is MR-related...

...it sounds like you're bored, and you're looking for a new goal to work towards.  Sounds like your old goal was MR, and now that's gone and you haven't found something to replace it with.

There are all sorts of ways to solve this, but here are the two simplest solutions:

1. Take a break from Warframe.  There are plenty of other games our there, and plenty of other non-game activities, that you can spend your time with.  If Warframe's content isn't currently stimulating you, find something else that is.  Many players end up accidentally falling into a habit of making Warframe their go-to leisure time activity, which is perfectly fine until it stops being fun for them...and then they often have trouble recognizing the habit and breaking out of it.  It's probably worth checking whether you feel this applies to you.  If you do have this habit, you'll probably find more joy from life (and Warframe) if you break out of it.  Warframe is great, as long as you only play Warframe when you want to play Warframe, not because it's the default thing you do in your spare time.  So yeah, maybe it's time to take a break?  Warframe will always be here when you want to come back to it.
  2. If the simple act of playing Warframe is still enjoyable for you, just do that.  You don't need any goal besides having fun.  Break out of the mindset that your playtime has to be spent achieving something or accomplishing a goal, and just play the game because you enjoy playing it.  Maybe this means you go do a low level spy mission, for no other reason than because you can.  Maybe this means you do a 20-minute defense mission on Earth, even though there are no rewards there you care about.  All of the goals the game has lead you towards achieving up until now have just been dangling carrots, manipulating you into playing a game you enjoy because without them you might be less enticed to play the game you enjoy.  But if you are really still enjoying playing Warframe for the sake of playing Warframe, you don't need those carrots anymore.  Ask yourself: what mission do I want to play right now?  Then go play it.  If you don't have an answer for this, see the first solution above.

Best of luck! <3

I appreciate your wholesome response, your solutions make perfect sense and are easily applicable. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not entirely bored with this game. I still enjoy farming stuff to trade in order to make plat for skins, decorations and other cosmetics. That's my current endgame. How I play is just how I do everything, can't help but set goals for myself. However, you saying Warframe is a default of how I spend my spare time, got me to rethink what else I'd rather do with my time. Thanks for that insightful comment.  

When I started I thought MR was equivilant to levels in most other games, so I figured I would work on raising it. Eventually I figured out that it was mainly a gating system for some equipment that did weird things and a goal to shoot for if I was so inclined once I got high-enough rank to unlock whatever I wanted. Since I’m pretty comfortable at rank 15-ish it’s mostly come down to accidentally qualifying for higher ranks; I want to try everything, which means I’ll level up my mastery as a side-effect.

That said, I’m curious about the rank 30 test, and that test that has us following the nodes around and having to stay near to charge them while they move (I forget what level that is), so sometimes I’ll actually do the tests I end up qualifying for

edit: As an aside, the mastery rank doesn't intrinsically make the game easier, which I was kind of thinking it did when I started

This sounds a lot like my case. I achieved everything I considered worth achieving and got terribly bored. Not to worsen my attitude to Warframe anymore I began trying other games until I found something that could replace it.

In my case it was Guild Wars 2, for you it may be something else, but either way limiting yourself to playing the only one game isn't very healthy.

Games are finite in the end, even though they pretend not to be. You have to move on at some point.

reminds me of monster hunter...

in that game you can achieve everything in like Hunter Rank 30.
but the maximum rank is 999.

like, what the heck... why so high cap?? you can finish the game 10 times over and only reach HR300, it's not even halfway.

monster hunter is a game pretty much like warframe where players with couple hundreds hours are noobs.
to reach HR999 you'll need around 3000+ hours. so if you play 3-4 hours a day, it means you need to play it every single day for 3 whole years.

and nothing ever gets easier as well.
deviljho still hits you like a godam truck doesn't matter if you're HR100 or HR800.
so the journey is consistently rough from start to finish.

wanna know the best part?
it's what you get when you actually achieved HR999.
ready?
here we go:

your name becomes red.

that's it.

14 hours ago, Soy77 said:

like, what the heck... why so high cap?? you can finish the game 10 times over and only reach HR300, it's not even halfway.

monster hunter is a game pretty much like warframe where players with couple hundreds hours are noobs.
to reach HR999 you'll need around 3000+ hours. so if you play 3-4 hours a day, it means you need to play it every single day for 3 whole years.

deviljho still hits you like a godam truck doesn't matter if you're HR100 or HR800.

ready?
here we go:

your name becomes red.

that's it.

ALL THAT FOR A RED FONT!!! I hate it, it's crazy 100% but i'd probably still go for it. I think for some games, you only feel you've beaten the game when you max out. 

14 hours ago, Soy77 said:

ready?
here we go:

your name becomes red.

that's it.

That kind of reminds me of that Marvel Heroes game I played years ago.

You could prestige your hero and relevel it, each time your name changed color from white>purple>green>blue>red>orange I think.

After that came cosmic prestige where xp is earned at 1/25 normal but your name turns yellow. There was like 50+ playable characters in that game. The only up side to ranking all those characters over and over again was you got a random skin for a random hero each time and you could cycle 3 skins for another random one. 

• 7 months later...

Late to this but the only real reason to bother with Mr test past 15 is pure boredom I'm at 31 now hitting 32 soon after that point I got nothing to do as de skimps out on drops over hypes 15min quests and ships a stupid farm as content it gets rather old tbh the mr tests themselves are irrelevant and not needed as everything they are is in game thus you should just lv as you go the 25,27 test iirc were in you chase some moving thing are prime examples of this and discouraged meany from wanting to hit 30 as they serve no purpose in game at all

Archived