Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoul Purge Random Event: Postponed until The New War.

[DE]Rebecca

On 2021-11-25 at 10:24 PM, Mura said:

Are you going to  buff the aya drops? This is a pain to farm. Please also do something in the void. Getting 1aya for 100waves makes no sense. And ukko even with 20sec runs you dont even get more than Deimos/Fortuna bounty.

On 2021-11-25 at 10:27 PM, SephirothWS said:

So how about reverting the void nerfs then?

The Void has--and will always be--an unvaulted relic trap. Never, ever, do the void for specific relics. Only do the void if you're after pretty much any and every current relic. If you want unvaulted relics open worlds have always been the go-to. The same now stands for Aya.

On 2021-11-25 at 10:32 PM, Oreades said:

Problem there is that there are a fair number of bounties with secondary objectives the player can (and will) fail for reasons completely out of their control. 

And since DE changed it from a bonus on each completion (multiple for the total bounty) to a single bonus IF all bonus objectives are completed. The second any bonus objective is failed anyone there for the bonus is going to yeet out of the mission. 

It's pretty hard to fail the Fortuna and Deimos bonuses--especially Deimos. As for the Plains, they definitely need to remove the 'don't kill any enemies' optional when capturing the commander, and definitely need to look into spawn rates/spawn points for the northern area of the Plains.

5 minutes ago, Oreades said:

And since DE changed it from a bonus on each completion (multiple for the total bounty) to a single bonus IF all bonus objectives are completed. The second any bonus objective is failed anyone there for the bonus is going to yeet out of the mission. 

And this is with things like sentinels/pets etc. killing enemies during or right after a capture failing the bonus objective, to the point where you have to actively try to avoid killing things by capturing in operator with your frame far away etc..

lmao! of course.....

Edit: This is the first game that I played, which is TOTALLY based on farming, were the farming is penalized with the excuse of "we forgot balancing this"....

Jesus christ.....idk anymore....Im really trying to play man......

I honestly prefer Aya drop in any mission like our current relic system. Yeah, there is always that one mission that provide fastest Aya but my point is everyone can farm Aya passively without being forced to do specific mission like bounty or void. I honestly never farm relic in specific mission i just do any mission based on my mood and still have random relic. For this event, until now i never do Aya farming tbh.

Sorry for English. Thank you.

5 hours ago, Gaz_TTV said:

“Fixed an issue causing ghoul purge to actually be useful for once”

That's a pretty bad take.

It's ironic that people complain that abort farms for Kuva Larvling cycling is bad design but when it benefits them with Aya it's bad when DE addresses it. It's better DE is transparent with us here about the situation and hopefully make it future precedence than it is to leave it as is or change it without admitting the mistake.

6 hours ago, Mura said:

Also please make a aya scaling in endless void maps or buff void. Imagine, even if you do 20sec ukko runs you still dont get more than deimos/fortuna bounty. It makes no sense. 

DE has expressed for atleast 6 years that they do not intend on encouraging players to play multiple hour sessions for efficiency on rewards. Asking for scaling rewards is like asking for old Eximus Steel Essence back.

The reason Ukko isn't the optimal farm is the same reason they are changing Ghoul Bounties. DE wants a farm that moves players around, not creates a 3 month farm of Titania Razorwing Blitz through a single mission.

While I'm 'fortunate' in not actually needing aya due to there being literally 2 things (I don't need the relics) in the store for me to buy with it, I can't exactly say the drop rate has been that good in my experience, but then you could argue that it's to be expected considering that the entire premise behind the 'event' is to sell regal aya not us farm the relics.

To be honest I did a bit of ghoul purge while trying to farm that ghoul saw butcher's revelry stance (that really could do with a buff to the drop chance) and I can't say the drop rate on aya was anything special there either......

Having said that I do like the idea of aya (and a store) instead of random relics and would actually like it to be used for ALL relics rather than the current rng nature of non vaulted relics.  I have well over 1000 relics just sitting in the inventory and there isn't any way I'm going to be able to work my way through them without going braindead so it would be nice to just be nice to just be able to grab the ones I need from a store.

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

DE has expressed for atleast 6 years that they do not intend on encouraging players to play multiple hour sessions for efficiency on rewards.

yet the current system encourages multiple hour sessions of bounty farming, while non-endless missions like Void capture etc. are far from optimal

2 minutes ago, --TL--Sui said:

yet the current system encourages multiple hour sessions of bounty farming, while non-endless missions like Void capture etc. are far from optimal

You don't need to play multi-hour sessions. You can take a break at any time. Scaling rewards would actively discourage you from taking a break. That's a stance DE has always held. Kuva Survival Dev Workshop, Steel Path changes, Relics being added to the game in the first place (lol), etc.

I agree that the set farm being Bounties should be changed (because we have too many Bounty "events") to be more diverse, but there's a fine line that needs to be considered when the game's identity is based on repetition.

20 minutes ago, --TL--Sui said:

And this is with things like sentinels/pets etc. killing enemies during or right after a capture failing the bonus objective, to the point where you have to actively try to avoid killing things by capturing in operator with your frame far away etc..

There are a lot of bounties that suffer from mechanical peculiarities where the game just decides you lose. 

Area control bounties especially in rough terrain have a tendency to spawn enemies at the bleeding edge of the control zone. I don't know if the pathing somehow breaks or they just take nine years to get to you and good luck searching for them. The game will also frequently pick that exact moment to stop spawning all other enemies, right up until about the time you hit 49% (read: fail) at which point it's decides to dump like four dropships on you. 

There are a lot of BOSHY moments in bounties. 

il y a 8 minutes, Voltage a dit :

DE has expressed for atleast 6 years that they do not intend on encouraging players to play multiple hour sessions for efficiency on rewards. Asking for scaling rewards is like asking for old Eximus Steel Essence back.

The reason Ukko isn't the optimal farm is the same reason they are changing Ghoul Bounties. DE wants a farm that moves players around, not creates a 3 month farm of Titania Razorwing Blitz through a single mission.

Players will still do 2hours of bounty instead of 2hours of mot survival. 
Also while doing Ukko, I move around. I dont stay afk 2min waiting for my wukong to kill every enemies during a bounty. You move more while farming Ukko than doing bounty. 
I still dont get why literally every game  have some sort of scaling difficulty with better rewards and yet DE are still unable to satisfy us.

il y a 4 minutes, Voltage a dit :

You don't need to play multi-hour sessions. You can take a break at any time.

What is this supposed to means? you can take a break on any games, at any point.  if you want to farm for 30hours, you do. A game isnt supposed to restrict you that much. Also a game is supposed  to be enjoyable. farming bounty is NOT enjoyable.  
In that case, I dont have the right to decide where to farm my ayas. Because my the time you farm 1hour or Ukko or Belenus, you have farmed 3hours worth of Deimos bounty.
I enjoy the game. I take beaks when I want to. But still, I can't chose where to farm. because DE dont make us chose where to get aya.

57 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

They were missed as part of the rebalance, neglected as a factor, and should not have shipped in the state they did.

Hey, mistakes happen.

As for the original post, it is as it should be. Thank you Reb, such tactics shouldn't be in the game, neither be exploited by players, but alas, such is human nature.

Good luck with The New War!

Can't wait for your Devstream on Tuesday  ^^ <3

I'm treating this as a 'tHAtS NoT HOw yOU Are SupPOSed TO Do tHAt!' hissy fit on the part of the devs.

If it isn't how you wanted people to behave, you shouldn't have given us the capacity. This is on you.

Edit: I never ran ghoul bounty because normal bounty gves more bites at the proverbial apple plus the chance for other rewards. So I have no personal stake. I just find it pretty annoying.

49 minutes ago, mikakor said:

still hoping for Regal Aya to actually be farmable one day. Free to play. as any IN GAME event in this game should be. 

Never going to happen because there are things in the shop for Regal Aya that were part of older exclusive paid-only non-tradable packs, i.e. prime cosmetics

38 minutes ago, Gaz_TTV said:

“Fixed an issue causing ghoul purge to actually be useful for once”

Sarcasm takes you only so far man. Also, good thing they removed it. Is it really healthy to play the same thing on constant repeat, for hours on end, just to get one thing?

Just thinking about it makes me sick.

Personally, i do different missions each time, for variety's sake. Also more fun.

1 hour ago, Knightingail said:

Yea, Hopefully its just incentives people to do the whole bounty instead of extracting after stage 1. Hopefully its not a straight up nerf. Aya for me was the reason I attempted my first Ghoul Bounty! And if that incentive isn't really there, I personally wouldn't have too much motivation to try Ghoul Bounties again. 

most likely they'll do what other bounties have of keeping relics away from stage 1

24 minutes ago, Mura said:

Players will still do 2hours of bounty instead of 2hours of mot survival. 
Also while doing Ukko, I move around. I dont stay afk 2min waiting for my wukong to kill every enemies during a bounty. You move more while farming Ukko than doing bounty. 
I still dont get why literally every game  have some sort of scaling difficulty with better rewards and yet DE are still unable to satisfy us.

When you play Ukko you are literally moving the camera (if you take Titania which is the (unbalanced) obvious choice). There's no combat whatsoever. Your time comes down to reflexes and the tile chain you generated.

Scaling difficulty not having increased rewards is a symptom of the relationship between the target audience and the catering DE does for them. If you're looking for a game with this mechanic, Warframe will never be it. It's successful because it doesn't do this. In the same token, games that do are profitable because that is their audience. The vocal minority aren't the business prospects people make them out to be in their voice.

24 minutes ago, Mura said:

What is this supposed to means? you can take a break on any games, at any point.  if you want to farm for 30hours, you do. A game isnt supposed to restrict you that much. Also a game is supposed  to be enjoyable. farming bounty is NOT enjoyable.  
In that case, I dont have the right to decide where to farm my ayas. Because my the time you farm 1hour or Ukko or Belenus, you have farmed 3hours worth of Deimos bounty.
I enjoy the game. I take beaks when I want to. But still, I can't chose where to farm. because DE dont make us chose where to get aya.

I'm going to refer you to the part of my post that you omitted in your quote. You can take a break at any time, but it comes at a cost. Let's use Eximus Steel Essence as an example. You could abort at any time while farming, but extracting before 1 hour would sacrifice drop efficiency. This type of farm opposes the way DE usually brands content and that is what got that changed. When you have mechanics like this, the farm doesn't "start" until you cap the scaling.

Enjoyable is subjective. While you would prefer Ukko or scaling Mot, I would prefer Disruption or full-mission Bounties. Drop chance issues aside, the dynamic of a Bounty is leagues more interesting to me than playing Ukko as Titania or sitting on an Ivara Dashwire for 5 hours in the T tileset of Mot.

You do have the right to choose farms and where to get Aya specifically, but players gravitate towards efficiency. Having all missions be around the same efficiency makes the inevitable loot cave not as mandatory. When you create outliers like the Ghoul Purge abort farm, it leaves a bad design present that taints the intended dynamic of the drop being farmed (Aya). Hence, this is why this post from Rebecca exists in the first place.

It's objectively good this is being changed and admitted as opposed to how other changes are managed in the past (or not at all in some cases).

9 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I'm going to refer you to the part of my post that you omitted in your quote. You can take a break at any time, but it comes at a cost. Let's use Eximus Steel Essence as an example. You could abort at any time while farming, but extracting before 1 hour would sacrifice drop efficiency.

or you can just press esc and pause the game as long as you play solo

3 minutes ago, Danielw8 said:

but farming with friends its better and more efficient in endless

in some cases for sure, but Mot was used as an example, which is 100% time gated and where having teammates doesn't speed it up. in the only other endless Void missions,Defense and Interception, it does make a difference, but that just wasn't the example used. So, just like you can with bounties, you can very much also pause Mot at any time.

I knew this was coming and funny as it is now when i think back too 2 days ago when doing t5 bounty on Deimos i had a mr30 player in squad and he said "hope you guys did the Ghoul bounties for aya cause when it comes back again its going to be nerfed " how he knew is beyond me but i guess he has been around long enough too see an incoming nerf/change then again i been here since POE landed and ive seen stuff changed for no good reason at all sorta like the steel path nerfs and changes 

i ran maybe 5 ghoul bounties and got 1 aya and have been doing just Deimos ones and getting 3 per run and i really dont care as i have most of what i want all i need is 2 Volt Prime and 1 Vauban Prime part and im pretty much done with this little event so let them change whatever they want just bring on the New War so i got something new too do ...atleast they wont nerf the story line ...yet 

Archived