Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoul Purge Random Event: Postponed until The New War.

[DE]Rebecca

So, my summary of all this would be that DE allows each and every player a chance to acquire vaulted relics, opening up the chance to get warframes and weapons that are otherwise only available through platinum buys (from other players) or unvaults (with intervals counted in years). Nothing is obligatory, it is up to the player to decide, and to play. And there is even the option of buying the stuff you want straight out, for IRL money. Shouldn't the normal reaction to all this be that we are bloody pleased?

It seems the response from a certain subset of players is "no". Go figure... (but maybe one shouldn't be surprised).

That DE missed that players can "exploit" the current Ghoul Purge drop table by doing the first stage only and then extracting, which any Warframe player know WILL affect other players directly (unless done solo), is no big deal. It should never have happened, and now it is fixed. Again, there is a certain subset of players who doesn't seem to care if they mess up the game for others, as long as they profit by such "tactics", but that is on them. That DE shuts such stuff down is 100% good for the game. However, at least for me it gets a bit much when they then actually complain about the underlying reason for this game-destructive playstyle being removed.

As to Aya dropping in certain missions only, Aya in effect represents a "temporary unvaulted relic", since that is what you mainly can use it for. So it makes perfect logical sense that Aya drops in the same type of missions where you can get your hands on "normally" unvaulted relics. Yes, of course it would be nice if unvaulted relics were generally included in a lot more drop tables, but that would also dilute the "specialness" of the unvaulted warframes and weapons. The current system entails that you make an active decision to want (and farm for) the unvaulted stuff, instead of just passively getting it. I think this is a good call by DE, as it adds a dimension to the game.

Finally, the stated goal for the event and for both Aya and Regal Aya is to make vaulted equipment available to PLAY. If you have no Prime equipment whatsoever, you might need 500 Aya to buy relics with, in order to get all the parts. But I somehow get the impression that some "complaining" players are farming Aya for plat purposes, and while there is nothing wrong with that it seems a stretch to demand that DE should make this easier. It is also a bit dumb, since the easier it gets for all players to get all the part/Primes the less their commercial pile of vaulted stuff will be worth...

When DE removes the only viable easy method to farm Aya at low levels.

You don't want us to grind an otherwise rewardless mission for ease of play.

Just so people know, it's the same drop rate as farming T5 bounties but you can actually switch off when farming.

Ghoul Purge stage 1 loop was used because the other Aya grind is extremely inefficient.

The bounty is stressing players out with difficult to achieve bonuses and bugs.

DE needs to review the whole thing, not just Ghoul Purge, and work on optimizing the landscape map.

You given us extremal conditions for this event: low chances and quantity for Aya and one week for couple Primes. 
Math: for 100 relics every type need to collect 1500 Aya. 
1500! 
For week need ~400 Aya. 
Average drop from Fortuna ~10/h 
Need ~40 hours while high luck
150 hour for 1500 Aya if you have highest luck. 
6 days in a row for farm 
If you spend 3 hour each day, need ~45 days (or 1.5 month)
Need to see: drop chance for rare item from Relics not guaranted.

My suggesions: Increase quantity for Aya to 3 or 5
OR give Aya with guaranted chance for getting Relics or Open Relics and/or Reward Choice for Open Relics 

10 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Remember the whole idea behind prime resurgence is to 'encourage' those 'newbies' with fomo, need for instant gratification and plenty of cash to burn to buy regal aya.... they're not going to make aya easy to farm for 'newbies'.  Everything that has been done relating to aya and regal aya has been carefully thought about in relation to real money sales.

They can do whatever they want, as long as it doesn't involve open worlds.

They heavily discounted all the Railjack stuff once they exploited all the FOMO, but for some reason they're still so _proud_ of those open maps that not only aren't they dismantling the old grinds, they are adding new ones.

If I play one more OW bounty that would be one more OW bounty than I actually want to play, yet seemingly all the new stuff is somehow tied to them nowadays.

ADD: That's not entirely fair, they did make mechs and amps much easier, so I guess there's  a chance for everything else.

1 hour ago, Devil_Zeldris said:

You given us extremal conditions for this event: low chances and quantity for Aya and one week for couple Primes. 
Math: for 100 relics every type need to collect 1500 Aya. 
1500! 
For week need ~400 Aya. 
Average drop from Fortuna ~10/h 
Need ~40 hours while high luck
150 hour for 1500 Aya if you have highest luck. 
6 days in a row for farm 
If you spend 3 hour each day, need ~45 days (or 1.5 month)
Need to see: drop chance for rare item from Relics not guaranted.

My suggesions: Increase quantity for Aya to 3 or 5
OR give Aya with guaranted chance for getting Relics or Open Relics and/or Reward Choice for Open Relics 

why woudl you even want 100 of each relic... unless ofc your motivatino is profit is not the actual items..

10 hours ago, --TL--Sui said:

That's either a complete lie or absurd exaggerating. Given 45 seconds from bounty start to bounty start, you would on average get roughly 20 Aya per hour, so "a couple hours after the event started" you would, depending on how many hours, maybe 100 ish. That is if you started farming immediately and didn't have to spend any time actually getting a good bounty combination.

Jesus... chill a bit, I typed that at 3 past midnight and yes it's my fault for mistyping "thounsand" instead of "hundred", already fixed it.

Mental note: Do not forget the garlic collar from now on when messing with the forums, Vamps are starving for blood.

48 minutes ago, Caenrys said:

why woudl you even want 100 of each relic... unless ofc your motivatino is profit is not the actual items..

If you don't want to radshare or trade, and absolutely definitely want every item... 100 relics is still a bit of an overkill, 50 should be more than enough...

Now the problem with radsharing is that teams are only easy to find at prime time, when there's an "easy" fissure up and while rellics are still in shop (in my region anyway.)  But if you can do it, you may need a dozen relics only on the very worst bad RNG streaks.

Selling stuff takes time and effort (unless it's veiled rivens) and you don't really want to sell  stuff from currently available relics... So it's way more uncertain, but theoretically if you're good at it, you don't need any aya at all. (other than to get the frames and resell them later.)

I was their when they said this on the stream and even through I`m not farming aya anymore I was upset and while they said this, not one person even got upset in the comment section, all they were bloody doing is simping for reb and meg bloody stupid and we console players couldn't even benefit from this. I keep on saying this if the wf youtuber would just keep their damn mouths shut, this will still be a thing for a lot longer.

This is not fair at all for switch Tenno, like all other platform has this ghoul Aya farm for month already, and you guys just don't proceed to release ghoul event in NSW at the first place and nerfing the droptable, seriously? 

3 hours ago, nebfab said:

They can do whatever they want, as long as it doesn't involve open worlds.

They heavily discounted all the Railjack stuff once they exploited all the FOMO, but for some reason they're still so _proud_ of those open maps that not only aren't they dismantling the old grinds, they are adding new ones.

If I play one more OW bounty that would be one more OW bounty than I actually want to play, yet seemingly all the new stuff is somehow tied to them nowadays.

ADD: That's not entirely fair, they did make mechs and amps much easier, so I guess there's  a chance for everything else.

To be fair, railjack is usually lacking other players outside of a couple of maps (hololens, sevagoth etc) so the reduction is likely more about getting players to actually play it.... especially seeing as it seems like railjack and necramechs are going to be 'important' for the next big update. 

Mind you I don't exactly 'need' to go play railjack outside of getting a few more hololens and some missing weapon parts, my ship is maxed out (again) and forma'd....

Open worlds are completely pointless for me apart from deimos where I still need to get some weapon parts for the necramech weapons but the rng on them sucks so... the other two are maxed out and I've got everything I want from them. 

Amps and necramech cost reduction would have gone down much better with me if I'd have received a refund of the materials I 'wasted' versus anyone building now...

42 minutes ago, (NSW)Apryias said:

This is not fair at all for switch Tenno, like all other platform has this ghoul Aya farm for month already, and you guys just don't proceed to release ghoul event in NSW at the first place and nerfing the droptable, seriously? 

What are you talking about? Prime Resurgence launched on all platforms at the same time.

13 hours ago, JRMC said:

And you're here thanking them for slapping chewing gum on a smashed windshield.

I said I'm glad they noticed the issue, I never wrote I thanked them. People here reads too fast missing the point some times or undertand things in the wrong way, some times both.

Like just a couple minutes ago, I was reporting a bug but images weren't uploaded properly due to a typo, got already a guy posting "links are broken" ... I was like, whoa or I'm been stalked or some people is really obsessed with rising up their forum post count desperately!?

1 hour ago, (XBOX)The Allslayer said:

What are you talking about? Prime Resurgence launched on all platforms at the same time.

Ghoul bounty Aya farm wasn't available for NSW at the moment, and they are planning to postpone ghoul purge on other platform with a "balanced" drop table, can you just read what Rebecca posted?

26 minutes ago, (NSW)Apryias said:

Ghoul bounty Aya farm wasn't available for all platforms at the moment, except PC, and they are planning to postpone ghoul purge on other platform with a "balanced" drop table, can you just read what Rebecca posted?

Yes it was, Ghoul Purge goes live on all platforms at the same time. Just because you're either completely oblivious or couldn't play before it ended doesn't mean it didn't happen.

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Allslayer said:

Yes it was, Ghoul Purge goes live on all platforms at the same time. Just because you're either completely oblivious or couldn't play before it ended doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Ghoul purge was never live on NSW in this whole prime resurgence period(from start to now) at all(the last one was 11/07~11/11), can you stop being blind on what others just said?

21 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno,

When balancing for Aya acquisition, we neglected to consider the Ghoul Bounties (this was our mistake). As a result of Aya’s placement within these, this recurring event was being run in such a way that vastly detracted from the intended flow of Bounties, which also caused endless migrations and session problems. As this is a randomly repeating event, we’ve set it up so any recurrences of this event have been put on hold until The New War update launches, at which time their next appearance will have slightly refactored drop tables (similar to how we handled Aya in some Void missions). We are sorry for any confusion here, but we wanted to be transparent about our plans for the Ghoul Bounties. 

We will have launch information for "The New War" soon, as of this post the latest information is 'December', but we will update here once we have the date live!

Thanks, Tennno!

Thank you. 

Please consider this for the rest of the game as a precedent when the team gets a chance to look at it. Just a couple other examples off the top of my head. 

Bounties, especially on Fortuna: 

Getting bonds it is generally more efficient to just do a stage or two and then quit. This is commonly given as advice to frustrated new players. 

While we are on Fortuna, acquisition for both syndicates in terms of bonds and all three systems could use a small pass, as I have witnessed many Tenno facing outlier rng on these and getting very frustrated. 

Lich/Sisters: 

It is more efficient, especially with liches, to just quit the mission if you don't get the weapon you want, and then try another quick capture. 

I doubt the design intention behind any of this is for people to be quitting bounties before they are done, or quitting missions because they didn't get the lich weapon they want, but such is the nature of gamers. 

21 hours ago, Knightingail said:

extracting after stage 1

whoever extracted everytime did it wrong, completely wrong... just sayin...

anyway i do not wonder it get nerfed, not at all. cmon this was obvious. a 26% chance every 38-45s is clearly not intended.

21 hours ago, mikakor said:

still hoping for Regal Aya to actually be farmable one day

It will not happen, [DE] needs an income too, otherwise there will be no free to play at all but rather S#&$ty "buy the game for 60 bucks, and if you want to have fun with it, go buy every dlc for another 50 bucks each". I prefer [DE] way of doing in this regard.

Archived