The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mir's Art Thread - Prints Available! New Stuff Soon!

Mirbersc

Thank you very much guys :) these comments just make want to do more. And with the current concept "contest" I may submit something if I make it on time!

btw do you have plan to do any more wallpaper? maybe Loki *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*

I hear ya man! I've had some Loki + infested ideas floating around for a while. Plus I think it's time to give the Grineer a break.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck with the contest!

Thanks dude :) did you make an entry too?

If you're not in the top 3 of this contest, I won't know what is happening to this world.... :

Thanks! Hopefully drawing so many grineer will pay off a bit  :D haha

Thanks dude :) did you make an entry too?

Nope! I didn't have the motivation, and to be honest, I don't think I want to participate in contests for a while, for various reasons haha.

By the way, from what I see, I think you used some collage in your work (such as the ice around the cryopod). Though it does work in my opinion, is there any reasons you decided to do that instead of drawing the whole thing?

Edited by Casardis

Nope! I didn't have the motivation, and to be honest, I don't think I want to participate in contests for a while, for various reasons haha.

By the way, from what I see, I think you used some collage in your work (such as the ice around the cryopod). Though it does work in my opinion, is there any reasons you decided to do that instead of drawing the whole thing?

Yeah I know that feeling. Sometimes you just don't want to.

And mostly due to time. Had a really busy last couple of weeks, so you can tell it's rushed by the lack of overall detail when compared to others before it. The composition, colors and value give it a presentable base, but it's just not finished.

I want to dedicate more time to it of course. Maybe I can at least get some icing on the cake before the deadline's up ;). Got any other comments on it in case I get a few hours? :)

I think it's fine to use collage, but I do think a few polishing on those collage details can be done easily with someone of your skills.

For instance, the cryopod and the energy wisps are very clean and crisp. However, the ice photos you picked are very pixelated/blurry. If you can clean the details inside them with the same crisp yet sketchy painting style you used on the cryopod or the Grineer, I think it will look way better.

It's a simple, centered composition, and therefore the focus is there as well. By consequence, it might be a good idea to make the best out of the center. By comparison, the background mountains look crisper than the foreground broken ice, which can be distracting.

Edited by Casardis

Nice done Mirbersc!

I have nothing more to say than what Casardis said (aside maybe from detailling the pod a bit more maybe, especially the top of it. I can't tell why but I think it lacks something.).

I wish you the best luck with this contest!   :3

aside maybe from detailling the pod a bit more maybe, especially the top of it. I can't tell why but I think it lacks something

It could be how it's a single "layer", while the in-game pod has a few layers, bumps and trims to add depth to it. You can see what I'm talking about here:

Warframe0005_zps0457e0a7.png

Edited by Casardis

Oh yeah. Everything needs work for sure; just look at that Grakata! I didn't even get a decent metal texture or add depth of field or blend the broken ice (which I was going to replace altogether) haha. But I got time today :) hopefully enough to get this to the next level. Thanks for the suggestions guys, they're always appreciated!

And thanks Levair! I got a few more of those in my sketchbook just waiting to be scanned ;)

They look really nice! I love how it almost seems like the game's DoF + Blur are applied on your pictures.

You now DOF and Blur aren't Warframe/video game exclusive concepts right? lol

Also, ooooh dat saucy Nyx lol

Edited by DarkTails

You now DOF and Blur aren't Warframe/video game exclusive concepts right? lol

Yeah I know. I never even implied that I was thinking in such a narrow-minded way. What I was saying is that the style of blur Mir used reminds me of how it's done in the game (not all DoF and Motion Blur are done in the same way), which added a nice effect.

So what's your point?

Edited by Casardis

Yeah I know. I never even implied that I was thinking in such a narrow-minded way. What I was saying is that the style of blur Mir used reminds me of how it's done in the game (not all DoF and Motion Blur are done in the same way), which added a nice effect.

So what's your point?

No point, just wanted to be snarky :p

• 2 months later...

Hey guys! It's been a long time since I posted, sadly :(. I've been reaally busy with freelance work, some charity stuff and other projects, so please excuse the absence!

I do still want to make more Warframe art, so stay tuned, and thanks a lot for the support!

Edited by Mirbersc

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...