Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An "Ambience" Volume Slider Would Be AWESOME!

(PSN)Rainbow_Neos1

As I've been playing on Cetus, I've really enjoyed hearing the wind, rain, and thunder ambience in the Plains. I loved it so much that I wanted to turn it up to max. Unfortunately, the audio is tied to "Sound Effects" which also includes gunfire and pretty much everything else. I can't reliably turn the ambience up without hearing gunfire at one million decibels. Separating the audio of ambience into it's own slider would be amazing. 

The slider could affect the ambience in the Plains (such as the rain, wind, thunder, fish), the ambience in Fortuna (like Howling winds and fish swimming sounds), and Deimos sounds (like plants moving). It could also affect the orbiter passive ambience soundtrack. 

Thus customizability would be amazing.

• 5 months later...

I agree, I was runnnig around in Deimos with volume at default settings just to check out (listen out?) the sound effects they were talking about in a Dev stream and it was a completely different world.

I play with sound effects at 30% normally to not get overwhelmed by the combat noise, all the work done on ambience is completely wasted.

On 2022-05-03 at 12:09 AM, Unimira said:

I agree, I was runnnig around in Deimos with volume at default settings just to check out (listen out?) the sound effects they were talking about in a Dev stream and it was a completely different world.

I play with sound effects at 30% normally to not get overwhelmed by the combat noise, all the work done on ambience is completely wasted.

I used to keep speech at 1 because of all the shouting in combat. But now I have to keep it up if I want to hear dialogue from syndicate members. It used to be tied to transmission volume. 

Archived