Community Streams - December 6 to December 10

[DE]Dudley

Hi Tenno,

We mentioned earlier that the Warframe Community Team would be taking a streaming hiatus after Devstream #158.

While our team will be busy focusing on The New War, some of the amazing Warframe creators will be featured on our channel. Tune in to twitch.tv/warframe to catch the following creators:

Monday, December 6: 1 p.m. ET to 3 p.m. ET
ElnoraEleo - http://twitch.tv/ElnoraEleo 

Tuesday, December 7: 4 p.m. ET to 6 p.m. ET
AccessibleGamer - http://twitch.tv/accessiblegamer 

Wednesday, December 8: 10 a.m. ET to 12 p.m. ET
BlackOni - http://twitch.tv/blackoni 

Thursday, December 9: 7 p.m. ET to 9 p.m. ET
studiocyen - http://twitch.tv/catyen 

Friday, December 10: 2 p.m. ET to 4 p.m. ET
Sharlazard - http://twitch.tv/sharlazard 

There will not be our usual Twitch Drops but those who tune in may be eligible for some giveaways!

On 2021-12-04 at 2:23 AM, LordArkhis said:

A word from all none toxic tenno: Thank you. Sincerely thank you for the amazing game and all the great memories we’ve made. The drops do not matter. You guys are doing amazing. I felt like some of you needed to hear this.

giving civilized constructive suggestions to DE never mean you're toxic.

but the act of accusing other tennos of things that they probably didn't do, is quite close or even can be categorized as toxic. if not straight up defamation.

ya'll see, this is the thing with warframe community... people who think they're the good guys, usually are actually the bad guys. 
that's why we have so many toxic fights, so many people strongly defending their opinions, or fiercely attacking other's, because they obliviously think that they're right.

so yeah the next time you think "oh my god i am SO right, imma post this reply", think again. you might be the bad guy... we need to make a better community not better arguments.

===================

half of warframe was built on player's suggestions, and it's one of the reason why warframe is such a success: because DE listened to players and make a game that gamers want to play.
so i encourage everyone to keep civilly dropping their suggestions for the streams, so we can get the streams that gamers want to watch.

Keep it up, dudley and everyone at DE, you guys got this.

23 minutes ago, (PSN)VO1D_P4R4DOX said:

I don’t know what 1 hour of streaming could do but as long as it is improving new war, I will wait. 

My assumption is it will free up the community people to set up media stuff for new war hype. 

Like contacting bigger Non-Warframe content creators to do a review on the game again.  Articles with gaming sites and possible appearances online and IRL. 

Also it's probably because they don't intend to talk about New War stuff before it drops which would make for some uncomfortable streams. 

3 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

Hi Tenno,

We mentioned earlier that the Warframe Community Team would be taking a streaming hiatus after Devstream #158.

While our team will be busy focusing on The New War, some of the amazing Warframe creators will be featured on our channel. Tune in to twitch.tv/warframe to catch the following creators:

Monday, December 6: 1 p.m. ET to 3 p.m. ET
ElnoraEleo - http://twitch.tv/ElnoraEleo 

Tuesday, December 7: 4 p.m. ET to 6 p.m. ET
AccessibleGamer - http://twitch.tv/accessiblegamer 

Wednesday, December 8: 10 a.m. ET to 12 p.m. ET
BlackOni - http://twitch.tv/blackoni 

Thursday, December 9: 7 p.m. ET to 9 p.m. ET
studiocyen - http://twitch.tv/catyen 

Friday, December 10: 2 p.m. ET to 4 p.m. ET
Sharlazard - http://twitch.tv/sharlazard 

There will not be our usual Twitch Drops but those who tune in may be eligible for some giveaways!

Enjoy your time off, DE.

I'll be fighting the "good fight", until you all get back.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

My assumption is it will free up the community people to set up media stuff for new war hype. 

Like contacting bigger Non-Warframe content creators to do a review on the game again.  Articles with gaming sites and possible appearances online and IRL. 

Also it's probably because they don't intend to talk about New War stuff before it drops which would make for some uncomfortable streams. 

Reb could also make an appearance at the game awards again this year since it's just before the launch of the game update 

On 2021-12-03 at 3:02 PM, Soy77 said:

but the act of accusing other tennos of things that they probably didn't do, is quite close or even can be categorized as toxic. if not straight up defamation.

===================

half of warframe was built on player's suggestions, and it's one of the reason why warframe is such a success: because DE listened to players and make a game that gamers want to play.
so i encourage everyone to keep civilly dropping their suggestions for the streams, so we can get the streams that gamers want to watch.

SO. MUCH. THIS!!!  Seriously, why do people ever act like DE can do no wrong?  Why is there no credit given to the steadfast criticism that got the whole backbreaking garbage removed from Kuva Liches (and Sisters of Parvos, by extension)?!?!?!  Criticism =/= toxicity!!! If anything, they rarely overlap in the first place!

On 2021-12-03 at 10:02 PM, Soy77 said:

ya'll see, this is the thing with warframe community... people who think they're the good guys, usually are actually the bad guys. 
that's why we have so many toxic fights, so many people strongly defending their opinions, or fiercely attacking other's, because they obliviously think that they're right.
so yeah the next time you think "oh my god i am SO right, imma post this reply", think again. you might be the bad guy... we need to make a better community not better arguments.

===================

Unfortunately they've departed from that path somewhat as evidenced by the regular posts about sparkle vomit, screen shake, and FoV distortions that completely ignore the accessibility settings to disable them.

I've been a PC gamer since the early 90s, I'm not remotely close to epileptic, and even with these settings on and effects intensity turned down I still need to close my eyes to play the game sometimes. Especially when I'm fishing, mining, or performing scripted sequences like mercy kills. I can't even use a bunch of the game's weapons anymore because despite disabling screenshake and viewsway i still feel like a bobblehead on crack wearing coke bottle lenses looking through a funhouse mirror.

On 2021-12-06 at 9:56 PM, Shadowex3 said:

Unfortunately they've departed from that path somewhat as evidenced by the regular posts about sparkle vomit, screen shake, and FoV distortions that completely ignore the accessibility settings to disable them.

I've been a PC gamer since the early 90s, I'm not remotely close to epileptic, and even with these settings on and effects intensity turned down I still need to close my eyes to play the game sometimes. Especially when I'm fishing, mining, or performing scripted sequences like mercy kills. I can't even use a bunch of the game's weapons anymore because despite disabling screenshake and viewsway i still feel like a bobblehead on crack wearing coke bottle lenses looking through a funhouse mirror.

i'm also an active internet forum member (of various games/topics) and gamer on every platforms of all brands since early 90s, so my friendly suggestion would be:

1. since this is merely a stream announcement thread, i kindly suggest placing suggestion about accessibility settings in feedback sub-forums instead.

2. forcing yourself to physically close your eyes just to play videogames sounds really painful. you're probably at least in your 30s now, that's old enough to know your own gaming limitations.
for instance, i spent too much time playing FPS in my youth, nowadays i literally will get actual sickness when playing FPS. yes, headache, vomiting, fever. so i don't play FPS games anymore.
doesn't matter if cyberpunk is the hottest game of last year, or overwatch won multiple goty, or bioshock series will go down as legendary games in human history, i know i can't play FPS. so i don't play them.
i have a friend of the same age who physically cannot tolerate racing games no matter how he tinkered with the settings, so he simply don't play racing games.

"feeling like a bobblehead on crack wearing coke bottle lenses looking through a funhouse mirror" doesn't sound like a fun description at all. doesn't matter how entertaining the core gampelay of a videogame is. 
idk about you, but although i felt indestructible when i was younger, nowadays a light headache is enough to ruin my whole day, let alone that.

so probably consider not playing videogames that hurts you, and just play some other games. it's not like we're short on great games like in the early 80's when infamous videogame crash happened.
asking a game to change so it fits our needs is always a really long shot, doesn't matter how friendly or kind the developers seems. it just never works that way. games built on player's feedback =/= the devs will grant all of our demands.

it always sad to see a tenno go, but your health and wellbeing is far more important than having one more tenno in the community.

good luck and god bless you, mate.
stay safe, stay healthy

Archived