Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Umbra's scarf as an Auxiliary attachment

Ropcord

The title is basically the entire suggestion but to elaborate, Umbra's scarf is cool. It's really cool. It also clips with just about every syandana in the game. I don't think I'm alone in feeling that Umbra's prime details look great, but are weighed down in their usability by the enormous scarf that's borderline incompatible with such a large part of Warframe's customization. Putting it- and only it, the rest of the cloth is out of the way enough to not have this issue- in Excalibur's unused auxiliary slot would be a massive boon to the player's ability to make the one Warframe they're absolutely guaranteed to have past a certain point look the way they want. This applies equally to Umbras with their prime details toggled off- a grittier Excalibur without extravagant Orokin details could still benefit from a ragged scarf. 

Worth noting is that similar accessories- Hydroid Rakkam's Burangara Longcoat, Khora's spikes, Revenant Mephisto's cloak- were all separated from the frame itself despite being key parts of the design, and all benefited greatly from it. 

Yes that's true about Hydroid, Khora, and Revenant, but they were designed that way from the beginning. From what I'm given to understand They'd have to completely redo Umbra in order to move just the scarf to the auxiliary. Basically while it looks like the same kind of object it wasn't designed to be the same kind of object, if that makes sense. It was quite a struggle just to get the Prime details that removed all the cloth I strongly doubt there would be much push to redo the whole frame possibly for the third time.

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

Yes that's true about Hydroid, Khora, and Revenant, but they were designed that way from the beginning. From what I'm given to understand They'd have to completely redo Umbra in order to move just the scarf to the auxiliary. Basically while it looks like the same kind of object it wasn't designed to be the same kind of object, if that makes sense. It was quite a struggle just to get the Prime details that removed all the cloth I strongly doubt there would be much push to redo the whole frame possibly for the third time.

Then again, we have a Shadow Stalker model with completely identical upper attachment part without the scarf. Replacing a part of Umbra's model with it should be easy enough IMO.

20934154_1995267717153928_89989711584452

Also if they're going to do the scarf on excal umbra could they look at the scarfs on the operators, they clip like crazy too. 

I'm not expecting them to do much because in most cases 'thin fabric' just doesn't seem to get given any 'clipping mask' so they keep clipping... actually it's not just fabric, anything that isn't the 'main body' seems to clip due to DE usually using a generic one size fits all model for the clipping.

It's less that the fabric itself clips (that's pretty much inevitable with cloth physics), it's that the scarf is the kind of accessory that would normally be optional on other Warframes. Not having the option to disable it severely limits the amount of syandanas and chestplates you can use without the scarf interfering. Moving it to the auxiliary slot on its own would solve that, and possibly make it usable on both Excalibur and Excalibur Prime separate from the rest of Umbra's details. I know founders have been asking for something like that for a while. 

Archived