The New War Twitch Drop Campaign

[DE]SpaceySarah

The New War is nearly upon us, Tenno! As the war rages on, don’t miss our upcoming directory-wide Twitch Drop campaign. This new campaign begins on December 14th at 2 p.m. ET and runs until December 21st 2 p.m. ET.

Tune into any stream in the Warframe directory for 1 hour to receive an item from The New War Grab Bag (limit of 5 claims):

• Kahl-175 Community Display made by Mura Casardis
  • Veso Community Display made by TBG Karu
  • Teshin Community Display made by DatLoon
  • Riven Cipher

l1mGFRfWdf7dFiFbX3ujVmYyRLHdzlKEmYnP7BxW

These Displays can also be found and purchased with Platinum individually or as part of the The New War Community Art Pack in the Market upon launch.

While our team will be busy focusing on The New War next week, a couple amazing Warframe creators will be featured on our channel. Tune in to twitch.tv/warframe to catch the following creators:

Monday, December 13th: 1 p.m. ET to 3 p.m. ET

Brozime - twitch.tv/Brozime

Tuesday, December 14th: 4 p.m. ET to 6 p.m. ET

OrpheusDeluxe - twitch.tv/OrpheusDeluxe

• Like 42

• [DE]Megan featured and pinned this topic

When DE had promised that we will get community displays from twitch drops, I thought that's very cool. I couldn't even imagine that they would be lying to us so blatantly. No, grab bag is completely unacceptable for such kind of drops. 5 tries is just not enough for ensuring of getting all three displays. And why riven cipher even there? It's not trick or treat bag, is it? Why dilute event drops, with useless trash? 

We don't need loot boxes like that. Please, divide displays among days (two days to each) and limit drop to one for each. Or, if you are insisting on your loot box nonsense, then remove cipher and limits for number of drops. Don't be liars.

Edited by alce00
  • Like 19

2 hours ago, alce00 said:

When DE had promised that we will get community displays from twitch drops, I thought that's very cool. I couldn't even imagine that they would be lying to us so blatantly. No, grab bag is completely unacceptable for such kind of drops. 5 tries is just not enough for ensuring of getting all three displays. And why riven cipher even there? It's not trick or treat bag, is it? Why dilute event drops, with useless trash? 

We don't need loot boxes like that. Please, divide displays among days (two days to each) and limit drop to one for each. Or, if you are insisting on your loot box nonsense, then remove cipher and limits for number of drops. Don't be liars.

For heaven's sake. You'd think EA owned Digital Extremes.

Next we won't even be able to buy anything specific on the market. They'll make us spin a goddamn wheel for a chance to pay 500pl for Caliban.

• Like 3

A limit to drops is not too bad in general, I imagine there is some consideration for wellbeing here, or to simply keep people engaged and not passively viewbotting streams, it kind of ruins the positive aspects that drops may have. I think more than 5 would be a nice thing though, especially when drops are not restricted only to official DE streams.

On 2021-12-11 at 6:25 AM, alce00 said:

Unacceptable? Loot boxes? What are you talking about? You're being asked to watch a free Livestream for half an hour to get a free thing for a free game. Where is this entitlement coming from? Randomly selecting the FREE reward you get in this FREE game and possibly not getting all three doesn't make them liars. People got less upset about the toys in Happy Meals, and you had to pay money for that garbage. Are you feeling incomplete because you don't have one of three pieces of fan art? Besides, the drop system is a Twitch thing, not a DE thing. So if you're really that upset about the way free stuff is handed out then take it up with them and stop clogging the forum. 

• Like 30

On 2021-12-11 at 5:25 AM, alce00 said:

I like that we will get a riven cipher in this, I don’t have enough steel Essence to get it before it goes away so this is a big help

• Like 6

On 2021-12-10 at 1:57 PM, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

The New War is nearly upon us, Tenno! As the war rages on, don’t miss our upcoming directory-wide Twitch Drop campaign. This new campaign begins on December 14th at 2 p.m. ET and runs until December 21st 2 p.m. ET.

Tune into any stream in the Warframe directory for 1 hour to receive an item from The New War Grab Bag (limit of 5 claims):

• Riven Cipher

l1mGFRfWdf7dFiFbX3ujVmYyRLHdzlKEmYnP7BxW

These Displays can also be found and purchased with Platinum individually or as part of the The New War Community Art Pack in the Market upon launch.

While our team will be busy focusing on The New War next week, a couple amazing Warframe creators will be featured on our channel. Tune in to twitch.tv/warframe to catch the following creators:

Monday, December 13th: 1 p.m. ET to 3 p.m. ET

Brozime - twitch.tv/Brozime

Tuesday, December 14th: 4 p.m. ET to 6 p.m. ET

OrpheusDeluxe - twitch.tv/OrpheusDeluxe

I am very grateful for the drops and how the artists are getting represented, but I wonder why D.E. is so scared to put in stuff that is kinda useful for The New War, like maybe getting the components to build the paracesis or maybe necramech parts to speed up farming, just something other then stuff that most players either don’t use or put in their ship to just sit there. 

• Like 5

Throwing my voice in here...

Due to it being just another gamble, I'll be spending my time doing productive things elsewhere instead of watching the streams. While there are creators I follow and watch, I'm not going to suddenly go out of my way because you say that if the dice come up with a 3 on the correct roulette tile... I might get something nice.

As for buying in-game? I've got access to enough art in-game that I already don't use. So I won't be getting these there, either. They look really cool (and the artists did great jobs) but I'd be more likely to use them as a wallpaper outside of the game than anywhere else.

These "grab bags" are slowly driving me - emotionally - towards the conclusion of watching only the few streamers I already follow and never looking elsewhere. What happened to the DE that removed the "pay plat to change your Kubrow" feature because they didn't want their player base gambling away their money?

• Like 8

Le 10/12/2021 à 19:57, [DE]SpaceySarah a dit :

• Riven Cipher

Please stop with the grabbags, nobody likes them. I'm sure everyone would prefer being guaranteed to get each poster once.

At least you can buy them, but since the odds for each reward were never disclosed this could be a pretty scummy way to encourage frustration purchases.

• Like 8