Update 31: The New War

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

3 new Community-made Displays have been added! These Displays can be found and purchased with Platinum individually or as part of the The New War Community Art Pack in the Market! The pieces will also be available via Twitch Drops Campaign from December 14th at 2 p.m. ET - December 21st 2 p.m. ET.

Watched for 5 hours got 5 Twitch drop bags but not a single display in my inventory.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Prerequisites

• Have “Prelude to War” complete

• We have renamed the former “The New War’ Codex section to “Prelude to War”, players must have this complete to participate in The New War Quest. 

• Own a Necramech

• Necramechs can be earned by playing Deimos content or bought in the Market for Platinum.

• Own a Railjack

• A Railjack can be earned by completing the Rising Tide quest or bought in the Market for Platinum. 

Ouch. Talk about a disappointment.

The 2 big pieces of content that I and everyone I know absolutely hated and actually quit the game over, is a prerequisite? 

Needless to say this new quest is going to be full of non-warframe, garbo tier content. This is looking like another year of a warframe hiatus. Might just get the gist/spoilers on youtube and call it a day. 

This game is turning into one big bait n switch. Fall in love with combat/movement/build diversity in a cool corridor shooter thats turned into a gimmick of the month affair. 

• Like 3

I see no mention of the continued soft-locking of Warframes where "Ability in Use" is occurring on all Warframe abilities, unable to switch weapons from the one equipped, gear wheel can occasionally be inaccessible, unable to going into operator mode during this soft-locking or that /unstuck does not seem to remedy the soft-lock once it occurs.*  So it's time to do testing and crossing my fingers that it's been addressed.  

* Not all missions allow to falling into no man zones to see if it breaks that soft-lock.  And sometimes because of my skill in the game don't always get downed. 

• Like 4

QUESTION:

since we have to "plan accordingly" - what if one underestimates how difficult it might get and cannot handle the quest with the gear they brought? Is there a way to exit the quest midway then grab better and begin anew? [since the quest is not re-playable this further worries me that there is no such option; lastly: asking for a friend ;)]

• Like 1

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Update 31: The New War

NEW COSMETICS

Available in the in-game Market for Platinum! Featuring a new evolving cosmetic set, the Protovyre. A first-of-its-kind cosmetic that permanently evolves as you complete the required tasks. 

PROTOVYRE ARMOR (CHEST, SHOULDER & LEG)

An evolving armor set that draws upon Sentient technology. Defeat Sentient enemies with this Armor equipped to unlock two additional looks.

PROTOVYRE SYANDANA

An evolving Syandana that draws upon Sentient technology. Collect Relics and Aya with this Syandana equipped to unlock two additional looks.

PROTOVYRE EPHEMERA

An evolving Ephemera that draws upon Sentient technology. Earn Focus with this Ephemera to unlock two additional looks.

How the Protovyre Cosmetics work:

Each cosmetic tier is permanently unlocked and available in your Arsenal as its own unique attachment once the required task is complete. Starting at the Protovyre tier, followed by the Protovyre Emergent tier and the final Protovyre Apex tier. Progress towards each tier is saved and can be returned to at any point. Progress can be tracked through the Arsenal description of the cosmetic, and in-mission UI pop-ups. 

ac9589a60f8c5f92ff539b9234a7f003.jpg

MESA PROJECTILYST SKIN

Mesa reimaged as the Sentients would have designed her. 

VOLT ELECTROLYST SKIN

Volt as he would have been, had the Sentients created him. 

KERULYST SENTINEL SKIN

Give your Sentinel the appearance of a Kerulyst, diminutive Sentients that evolved to become robust laborers in the Tau System.

NARMER SHAWZIN

[SPOILERY DESCRIPTION IN THE IN-GAME MARKET - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!]

I am very happy to hear that these cosmetics have been added to the in-game market... We can buy them with Platinum!
I thank DE for giving me this happiness <3 <3 <3 <3

Decent Update. The Content outside of the Quest is ok.

The Quest itself is unbalanced as hell tho and mechanics are bugged sometimes. Overall that is not the Problem. ITS TOO DAMN LONG. Please split such massiv stuff in parts where you can swap back to the main game in between and give PROPER warning., Not everyone will be able to do this in "a few hours" and might be stuck for a long long long time while going insane as the main game is locked.

The Story itself: It is an amazing masterpiece. Well done DE.

Edited by Virisken

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

PLUS! As an added Harrow QoL change, we’ve made some tweaks to his kit.

Passive:  Harrow and Harrow Prime now have the ‘Preparation’ style Mod behaviour as a Passive, meaning Harrow now has +100% Maximum Energy is filled on Spawn. 

Condemn

• Radius growth now scales with Range.

• Added a (non scaling) area-of-effect around Harrow that gets hit by it, similar to Proteas Blaze Artillery, to address hitting enemies that are right on top of you.

Penance

• Added an initial burst of healing based on sacrificed Shields.

Thurible

• Increased Charge Rate.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Shading improvements have been made to older hair materials to add more depth! 

This needs reverting on Kubrows unless there are plans to go back and touch up the textures and meshes of their fur. My doggos went from soft cuddly puppers, to scraggly mangy looking messes lol. Sample images below.

Edit: Same also goes for Kavats, especially the Vascas.

Before update:

Spoiler

Warframe0907.jpg

Warframe0913.jpg

After update:

Spoiler

Warframe0961.jpgWarframe0959.jpgWarframe0963.jpg

Edited by Numerikuu
added vasca example
  • Like 3

Done with the quest. For those wondering, all the warnings about making sure you have your equipment ready are overstating things a little. For most of it, you are not using any of your gear, while when you actually get them back, you'll use them to fight Lv20 enemies, and you're going to get a chance to re-equip your gear before the finale anyway.

Not saying anything about the quest itself for now, but while it was a nice diversion, it just solidifies my opinion that DE are tired of Warframe and they want to make other games, but can't, because they are contractually obligated, so they make other games inside Warframe instead.

Also, upon completion, I didn't get the Sirocco pistol. Got everything else except that, and it doesn't even show up in the codex.

Edit: Apparently it's an Amp. Never mind.

Edited by Egathentale
  • Like 3

I'm so disappointed of the quest, sometimes things are confusing and random things pop up, just like this one, I'm suddenly switched to the scree showing Ballas standing there and can't do anything but to press Alt+F4, Bugframe as always, and New War? boring.

Just now, Lustrouss said:

I'm so disappointed of the quest, sometimes things are confusing and random things pop up, just like this one, I'm suddenly switched to the scree showing Ballas standing there and can't do anything but to press Alt+F4, Bugframe as always, and New War? boring.

Oh look at what I found out, it WAS a bug, I restarted THE ENTIRE mission to reach the end and found out that IT WAS A BUG,  the cinematic scene was frozen and I couldn't do anything but to force exit the game :D

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

NEW PLAYER / EARLY PLAYER EXPERIENCE CHANGES:

In a continued effort to increase the accessibility of main Quest related items (Amp, etc) we’ve reduced Vox Solaris Sacrifice requirements. Those starting out on their Vox Solaris journey should find this allows them to progress through the Syndicate faster to reach the higher tier Offerings:

Thanks for this, but its not enough.

Please reduce ALL Vox Solaris Amp Parts by one tier of availability to match Onkko Amp Parts (1-4, as opposed to 2-5 or whatever it is)
Make the various X Systems available for standing purchase BEFORE the rank they are needed for level up so you can grind standing instead of profit taker.
Toroids for standing like cetus wisps are available for standing.

Thanks.

oh, all the fortuna operator cosmetics are wildly over-resourced too

• Like 5