Update 31: The New War

[DE]Rebecca

5 hours ago, FSK41 said:

while one bounty can give you almost a guranteed Aya

Purely anecdotal and absolutely not true for everyone else. I did my 5 bounties for Nightwave yesterday and got zero Aya. I did another run of bounties a few weeks ago, another zero Aya. The fact is that Aya drops are simply ridiculously low and unless you are either very lucky or willing to farm dozens of hours for them. I play the game almost every day, sometimes for a few hours, I've spent all my Syndicate rep on relic packs (a LOT of relic packs), done bounties and Void, and so far I've gotten 10 Aya since the event started.

• Like 2

So, I just finished the New War, and man, it was quite the ride.

Like... Bravo, DE. You guys really nailed it with this one.

I'm also impressed that I did not suffer... one... single... bug during the entire playthrough! Not even one! For a big mainline update like this, that's really impressive!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

Has the following bugs been fixed? I do not see them listed.

Profit taker leg regen

Akarius explosion fx not working properly as client

disappearing weapon bug(one method is triggered by casting dispensary followed by discharge in quick succession)

excavation UI being messed up for clients

@[DE]DanielleCan you please provide an eta for when the following bugs will be fixed, these are all bugs that I am able to reproduce within 30 minutes of launching my game post-update and are all super annoying to deal with as they have been here for multiple major patches now along with me interacting with all of these issues on a weekly basis thank you.

(Sorry to ping [DE] members but how else are these issues going to get resolved if me posting them in the bug reporting thread leads to nothing even after many major patches? With them possibility going unnoticed for who knows how long?) I really badly want these bugs to get fixed since but in order to do so, I need them to get noticed which is apparently impossible even after posting the bug reporting thread like I'm supposed to.

• Like 2

DE, I like what you did there. 

I wish you a future. I purchased Harrow saying thank you. You gave me a game with challenge, puzzles, enigmas and a story. This is your former self. This is what we all wanted. You went back to your roots and risked everything. 

You want to know what is my score 10/10. This is WHAT we want and you provided a lot of it. Now we UNDERSTAND warframe a bit better. Your team deserves a good vacation after that hard work. It was true hard work with a minimum of bugs. It was well polished and you got more clients happy. 

Money, YOU DESERVE IT. 

Joining the big leagues, WELCOME. You are on the big leagues. 

A future. I want to see more of it. 

You designed with FUN in mind and made an outstanding quest that was FUN, hilarious and extremely good form a gameplay perspective. You showed your 25 years of experience. 

Genji: "meeeerry Christmas."

Edited by Felsagger

7 hours ago, TeaHawk said:

It feels like a new game.

In fact, it's still the same game, all the same opponents (with the exception of the archons). Just new characters that you play with. Therefore,*spoilers*

Spoiler

the quest becomes boring when you regain your strength.

58 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

In fact, it's still the same game, all the same opponents (with the exception of the archons). Just new characters that you play with. Therefore,*spoilers*

Hide contents

the quest becomes boring when you regain your strength.

I expected that. Yet I'm still impressed.

On 2021-12-15 at 8:23 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Shading improvements have been made to older hair materials to add more depth!  

While my Huras seems to have the look like she's needing a shampoo and fur-cut (haven't checked the others just yet as it's only a matter of time), I'll give an ovation for sneaking under the patch notes radar that you have finally differentiated energy colours between Warframe and Kubrow as we can see here: FjRnumA.jpg

My Huras has in fact pink energy/eye colour which is rather unique among my kennel of companions.  

This is the sort of pleasant surprise that I remember cloth effect was added for Frost years ago, with Volt suffering a stiff sarong that had "miraculously" acquired cloth effect without any sort of fanfare or announcement.

Bravo. 

On 2021-12-15 at 8:23 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

You may notice your Operator sounds a bit different while playing The New War Quest.

We're hearing it without going into New War.  While I'm going to ignore the assumption it's new dialog in this "hint", adding reverb, echo and auto-tune is not considered different -- let alone an improvement -- quite the opposite really.  If anything, it's sort of annoying to hear the operator in an echo chamber when you consider we're not hearing their voice when they're talking "to us".  After all, Warframes can make noises from something like their mouths, but it's not remotely dialog.  

Edited by MBaldelli
post-edit thought post mission

Protovyre cosmetics seem really spotty on whether or not they progress.  Killed tons of sentients during the New War quest with all the items equipped, 0/95.  I've gotten tons of relics and aya and yet it only displays as 3/15.  I literally JUST got 3 aya right now, went back to check, it still says 3/15.  Am I missing something here?  The only one that seems to work is the Ephemera tracking focus gain.

The quest itself was totally fine. Refreshing and stuff. Although according to the fact, that the Sentients conquered EVERYTHING, it took pretty little effort to beat them, somehow this fact was not properly emphasized in the events during the quest nor after it was accomplished. Basically nothing changed in the starmap, except a few things in navigation, seeing a few sentient wrecks and having a new bounty in open world which is not really a new one. Same quests, same enemies with a little bit different texture and all the factions are back to normal, relationships are back to normal with everyone, even the Ostron tower has rebuilt itself in Cetus...

I totally appreciate the effort put in the quest, I had no bugs whatsoever... But once done, I have a bittersweet taste in my mouth.

Scarlet Spear Operation was even more epic than this quest. I was expecting something like that event to beat them. But the worst part is how little difference the new war made to the game once it was done.

• Like 3

That was a joyride for me. A greate evening, with leathal action, deep story and heartbreaking moments, ... and i got the need to cut some oniens in the later part. Beside all technical issuses that are discussed in theyr respective topics: i want to thank DE for this artwork. An free update to ftp-game, that can match and compete with nowadays top release titles. space mom bless us all!

• Like 1