Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mild Spoilers: PSA: Console: The New War Controller Issue (Fixes Live!)

[DE]Rebecca

SPOILERS: TENNO!

Tenno on Console, there is a certain part of the quest that requires you to 'Ascend', yet it will not work until you've reset your Controller Bindings to Default. 

Furthermore, we have discovered that the button callouts are wrong after you reset to default. It's calling out LT as ascend, but you will have to use 'A' on Xbox, 'X' on PlayStation, and 'B' on Switch will make you ascend after you've defaulted controls.

We are working on a real fix for this, but this is a workaround for now while we get builds ready. 

--------------

10:30 AM ET 12/16/2021 Edit: 

Hello Tenno! 

We put out a fix last night on PC and have just launched a hotfix on PlayStation. Please let us know if you are now able to clear the section!

Xbox and Switch are up next for hotfixing. Will update here once they have!

11:00 AM ET Edit: 

Switch hotfix is live! https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1291561-the-new-war-hotfix-1/

2:30 PM ET Edit: 

Xbox hotfix is live! https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1291696-xbox-the-new-war-hotfix-3/

1 hour ago, (XBOX)DS Monkfish said:

Thanks for the workaround Rebecca, but it seems like controller keybinding issues seem to happen a lot with new updates. I feel this should be tested more vigorously for console builds (I'm not trying to be snarky, please accept my apologies if it comes across that 

lol devs don't play test their own game don't be silly. The god aweful amp wouldn't have been just recently changed if they did.

1 hour ago, (PSN)KingKacchi90 said:

Controller bindings? Where is that in warframe, thats not specific enough

Go to Options then click Customize Controller on the Controls tab (should be the very first option). Click on a control you’d like to change, then select one from the provided list. 
Example: click on aim weapon, scroll down, swap LT with A. Aim weapon would now be A instead of LT, but jump would be LT. 

Archived