It's annoying that my drifter can't use the bow and pistol with abilites...

Agreed, I was immensely disappointed to see that I'm stuck with an amp and the normal abilities.

My Idea, give us a new focus school for the Drifter that brings back the kit we used during the quest (with some improvements from focus upgrades like lower cooldown, bigger AoE, stronger heal, etc) and allows us to equip weapons. As a tradeoff, we can't use other other void abilities (can still benefit from the unbound passives maybe?) if we have this tree active since we get access to our weapon arsenal and the story tools?

Edited by TheRealShade
  • Like 12

My only real disappointment, honestly.

I... frankly, for the life of me I can't even really think of a reason to not have the abilities at least? It's not like having abilities on the 1, 2 and 3 buttons conflicts with the old void powers.

Having said that, you can actually use the Sirroco, at least, it's not just a skin!

• Like 3

honestly I wasn't that keen on the Drifter's abilities. the restorative hardly did squat against Boreal, the smoke screen was meh and the only use for the 3 was finding prisoners and the wolf Archon fight, and even then it's range is limited.

but fully grown Drifter as my operator with all his abilities and my amps converted into a handgun? YES PLEASE! I'm never being a kid again!

• Like 1

the drifter being a loadout instead of the warframe would be a far superior reward to pretty much anything we actually got. having both its weapon loadout and skills as well as the tenno's mobility powers would make it alot better to play. but in a sea of disapointments that this update was, this is just another wave that is pushing me more and more away from the game.

and i liked the story, i cant even begin to imagine what my friend how actually hated the second half is thinking about the game right now, as he was already a step away from uninstalling it...

Yes, I was surprised and honestly really disappointed that the post-quest Drifter is practically just the Operator except they're taller and swear a bit now. Some people talk about how they're worse than a fully souped-up kid in terms of abilities and all during the quest, and okay, that's fair, but couldn't we... y'know... have gotten some new stuff for the Drifter maybe, and made them powerful in their own right in a different way? 

Edited by TheCommunismWillWin

Yeah hopefully this stuff is coming sooner than later.

Worse things about using drifter after quest:

1 - He only has access to his pistol, and said pistol replaces your amp. Can we at least also get the bow as as equippable amp ... I'm sure way more ppl would enjoy using the bow as their default operator weapon , even over some of the meta amps.

2 - The "Swap weapon" key actually does nothing for an operator... Why can't said key swap between amp / pistol / bow / melee for the drifter ? Why choose when we could have all four ? Heck you could just keep some of this stuff for contextual actions , like the handgun for when shooting on a kdrive and the melee weapon for finishers , if you don't want players to have to cycle through too many things when doing a weapon swap ?

3 - Likewise, why does the drifter have the ability to use a kdrive, and to use a shawzin during the quest, but the minute the quest is over, he's no longer able to do so. Even if you summon a kdrive with your frame, you can't get on it...

The Drifter abilties we can live without however... I mean the smoke bomb thing sucks compared to void mode, there's better healing for operators using arcanes and passives and you would not need the radar either, and I think the void push move is probably better than a melee slash also,  but it sucks to finally give the operator proper "combat operator" gameplay only to essentially take it away once you get used to shooting sentients with a cool bow and using melee...

Then again I expect the bulk of the big operator changes to come with the duviri paradox.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

honestly I wasn't that keen on the Drifter's abilities. the restorative hardly did squat against Boreal, the smoke screen was meh and the only use for the 3 was finding prisoners and the wolf Archon fight, and even then it's range is limited.

but fully grown Drifter as my operator with all his abilities and my amps converted into a handgun? YES PLEASE! I'm never being a kid again!

See i could see those abilities growing in use with the existing focus schools waybound unlcoks and or a new school specifically for the Drifter. I can understnad not wanting to give dude an unlimited weapo nselection but even limiting him to the bow and pistol with the knife as a finisher/melee option would be a solid wepaons kit.

THough if we were to diverge Drifter and Operator I would like Drifter to keep the void dash. . That is a... VERY useful movement tool and drifter dashing about with energy bow? Cool. Balanced otu by the fact bow is a single target affair so like... there ARE checks on power.

5 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

Also agreed, though im more about the 3 abilities they had. Being able to heal, smoke screen, or sonar enemies while your out of void energy is useful, and IMO just what the operator needs.

The common thread on those three ailities is Utility. Get the numbers right and they're a solid foundational so we can have missions suited for the Drifter to go in and do as a sortof breather or slowdown moment between warframe murderblitz montages

the drifter gameplay was fun while it lasted, but even so, Am I the only one that feels that it in a half baked state, not on accident, but for it to be open ended, so DE can explore the options for the next open world they already announced.

Think about it, they showed the drifter in the trailer for the paradox open world, and they showed factions POV, so i would consider more is lining up for the drifter based on that. and we still have the "base camp" to use, i feel like thats going have some uses after a while. hunhow is also still buried, as well as stalker being on the lose. so the drifter might have a different story to tell there. (from what i gathered, Drifter is basically a time paradox, coming from a future he was pulled from, ether that, or he's our version of what Anakin skywalker turned into.)

im expecting more content with the drifter alone, but how will it be told is up to the DE crew.

Edited by gaaraplayer

The less you play of New War, the cooler Drifter is.

Mysterious normal dude with gadgets who's still fighting against way more powerful things? Neato!

Oh they're another Zariman just without void powers.

Oh they're your first operator from another #*!%ing timeline

Oh and there go their abilities, they're a skin now. Yey.

What a #*!%ing waste. It coulda been Veso or Kahl, or some other new person, and they went with possibly the dumbest explanation possible.

Honestly I'd be happy to have a drifter that doesn't get the focus schools because they never went;BUT now that we've awakened and the deal that was made has come full circle we can transfer with Warframe, Invisible and blast, but Dashing and Schools should be off limits.

The abilities are a nice cool down I'll admit, and I think it'd be nice to have more content as the drifter and our operator side by side. A choice to play the route. Or even stories happening at the same time and the choice of the two tales another tale.

There's a lot on the table but I think the general consensus on weapon usage is big sad on taking away our bows and melee. I'd love to use daggers and one handed swords. Imagine Drifter with Skiajati, Love it.

Edited by (XBOX)ASSASSINED WOLF
Corrections

I too was greatly disappointed by this.

I feel the drifter should have a seperate skill tree (tech upgrades ?) , that enhances his innate abilities (or replaces them)

I don't want access to the whole arsenal , it would just bring us back to where we started. Maybe the nataruk , scirocco and the rumblejack could be changed like we change amps , zaws and kitguns but without modding.

It can be limited to seperate star chart nodes , and only have limited options (non endless?).

Might need to be a solo only affair though .