Archon Boss fight tips for those who are stuck

Spoiler-free tip: Fight the Owl and Snake first.  I made the mistake of picking the Wolf first, and had to quit after dying a few times (and being too hungry to continue).  When I came back, I decided to try the Owl and Snake, and it was easy enough that I got through without dying.

Minor Spoilers:

Spoiler

You only need to fight the first 2 Archons as the Drifter, and get to fight the 3rd with more powerful tools.  Also, when you fight the Wolf as the 3rd Archon, he does not use the Multiple Shadow Clone healing technique, which is total BS when all you had was a slow firing bow.

• Like 6

Owl for me was the worse. Mostly because boy do a have bad aim with a bow.

The hints given by H-bro was a bit vague. Like I totally did not release what he meant until my 10th retry.

Wolf was stupid easy for me when I saw you could detect which one was correct before attacking any of them.

• Like 2

Just now, _Anise_ said:

I went against the wolf first, use the sonar ability 3 to show where the real one is = cake

Doh!  Haha, I guess this is why I shouldn't play when hungry...  He kept healing beyond whatever damage I dealt because I couldn't find the real one until the last group...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

I went against the wolf first, use the sonar ability 3 to show where the real one is = cake

WAIT BRUH THAT WORKED?! It took me about 10 minutes of getting him down to 30% and then healing back to 50-75% before realizing that the "real" one is holding his weapons while the fakes are not.

• Like 6

ya to start with I was killing random clones realizing that his hp was going up way faster than I could take it down so I figured there had to be a trick to finding the real one, I remember that the sonar showed enemies on the mini map as well as allies from the hostage part so tried it on the off chance and it did infact work!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spell said:

Why thank you, Captain Obvious! But it doesn't work when you can't kill even one of them, let alone two.

(second day of attempts)

Well, how are you struggling?  I found that learning to run around and spam 1 (it heals 50hp per shot and is on cooldown so you will never really run out) helps.  And with the radar tips, I am guessing Wolf won't be too bad either.

The bow does the most damage when you charge it to ~80%+ and see the reticle turn yellow.  Also good damage when fully charged.

Good luck!

Edited by MqToasty
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MqToasty said:

the Multiple Shadow Clone healing technique, which is total BS when all you had was a slow firing bow.

It was only a pain on certain tiles, where the real one could be hiding down a tunnel around the corner out of sight entirely. Out in the open where you can see all of them, you have plenty of time to just find the right one and shoot it

• Like 1

Ok, I'm on the 3rd Archon (Wolf) after following Erra etc. I chose drifter thinking I'd have use of the bow. Here I am facing off against Amar with no heal/smoke/radar abilities and only the pistol drifter originally came with, is it glitched or am I supposed to fight this thing and turn off the orphic things with this underpowered handgun?

6 hours ago, MqToasty said:

Spoiler-free tip: Fight the Owl and Snake first.  I made the mistake of picking the Wolf first, and had to quit after dying a few times (and being too hungry to continue). 

Armar has some really Terrible Tracking and Hitboxes....

By that I mean he is far too accurate and even if you managed to avoid his Attacks the game will just decided that he hit you anyway....

Interestingly enough this problem became less noticeable the Further away I was....

• Like 4

The bow is a very poor choice of weapon for the kind of fights the archon fights are. Bows are designed to let you take your  time, aim, and snipe from a distance. NONE of the fights are like that. The amount of damage the bow does vs. the archon's health bars is not enough; the fights are tedious even if you get everything right and if you don't, they become impossible time-wasters. The drifter does not have enough health/defenses, period.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, (XBOX)OdinsDottir said:

Ok, I'm on the 3rd Archon (Wolf) after following Erra etc. I chose drifter thinking I'd have use of the bow. Here I am facing off against Amar with no heal/smoke/radar abilities and only the pistol drifter originally came with, is it glitched or am I supposed to fight this thing and turn off the orphic things with this underpowered handgun?

Wait, if you choose Drifter you don't get your arsenal back and have to fight the 3rd Archon with the Drifter again? How can you even maneuver in that Murex level without a Warframe or Necramech?

I chose the Operator (because try as I might, I can't get my Drifter's face to look good), and I just two-shotted Wolf with my unpotatoed Paracesis.

5 hours ago, Burnsidhe said:

The bow is a very poor choice of weapon for the kind of fights the archon fights are. Bows are designed to let you take your  time, aim, and snipe from a distance. NONE of the fights are like that. The amount of damage the bow does vs. the archon's health bars is not enough; the fights are tedious even if you get everything right and if you don't, they become impossible time-wasters. The drifter does not have enough health/defenses, period.

Pretty much how I feel aswell....

I get 20 Second Cool down on my abilities but the Boss Spam's As Much as it wants....

I perfect shot alot of my Draw Attempts and yet the boss still feels absurdly Tanky... Infact I actually did look at the Numbers.... A charged Shot gave me 400 Damage while a Perfect Shot which Red Crits gave me 500 Damage.... Why is my effort being disregarded 😐 ?

I think it was annoying to lock the Drift into So little Health and the make a Boss that Spawns Adds that don't Drop Health pick ups.... I feel like this is a bug because all the enemies normally drop a Prote Style Health Orb and yet the Boss Adds never dropped a single one.... 🤔... Like am I wrong... Because this feels like a mistake....

And Lastly.... Hit detection and Boss Tracking is Awful.... Please Fix....

• Like 5

I killed the Owl and the wolf at first, Easy.

For the Owl im not sure what I did, but at any time I shoot arrows, eveb when he screams to recover life, somethimes the arrow stops him. And eventually I killed it.

For the Wolf, I notice when he created copies, the original was marked with the radar power, so it was easy to defeat it. 

The last was the snake, but cause my weapons are OP it just take me 5 seconds loool

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Armar has some really Terrible Tracking and Hitboxes....

By that I mean he is far too accurate and even if you managed to avoid his Attacks the game will just decided that he hit you anyway....

Interestingly enough this problem became less noticeable the Further away I was....

Amar is the Wolf, right? Yeah, it sucked when he would always hit me and set me on fire. I could keep up if he didn't heal himself so much (or if I figured out the radar trick), but he definitely felt like the hardest to dodge.

Man, I had next to no problems in these fights. If you're having problems in any of those fights, use your smokescreen... like... they will actually do nothing while you sit and perform perfect shot after perfect shot on them. Also, your 1 heals and gets rid of any and all status afflictions immediately.

Someone already said it, but Owl had that weird "don't get near me colored bubble" that I backed away from the first time, kept shooting, and nothing happened. Then I entered it, shot him, and he stopped healing. Easy fight. Owl just likes to teleport, which is why you should just spam your 3 to keep him on your minimap. 

Wolfie, which I did second (I did Owl first), is so slow, has telegraphed attacks, and actually has it where you need to use your skills a bit more wisely. Did he jump and hit you with fire? Use your 1, instant status cleared. Did he perform a shadow clone jujitsu? Use your 3 and kill the one that reveals on your minimap. Did he summon the boys? Use your 2, become invisible and shoot them dead with perfect shots. The boys always drop health orbs, so if you're not spamming your 1, you should be fine.

Snake... yea, didn't know her shtick, and it didn't matter, she took 2 Paracesis swings and died. If I do the quest again, I'll probably fight her first. I'm assuming you just keep your distance and plug away at her with perfect shots.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Amar is the Wolf, right?

I don't actually know if I got his name right but yeah... It's the Wolf 😝...

18 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Yeah, it sucked when he would always hit me and set me on fire.

From what I could tell...if you anywhere within 10 Meters of him then his Charge Attack will damage you even if it doesn't touch you and even if there's a rock in between you and him....

His Flaming Bonzai Drop is going to feel to Fast to get out of the way if you're within 10 Meters....

Both these issues seems to become less Problematic if you literally go to the exact opposite end of whatever Room the game locks you into and just try to hit him from there ... Sigh.... Projectile Weapons 😐...

6 minutes ago, Motodog242 said:

If you're having problems in any of those fights, use your smokescreen... like... they will actually do nothing while you sit and perform perfect shot after perfect shot on them.

This is sort of what I did....

It's just hard to keep track of The Cool Down Timer when you're suppose to be watching the boss's attacks so that they don't kill you when you're not looking....

7 minutes ago, Motodog242 said:

Also, your 1 heals and gets rid of any and all status afflictions immediately.

Why was this information hidden 🤔 ?

35 minutes ago, (XBOX)ShaArLiToU said:

I killed the Owl and the wolf at first, Easy.

35 minutes ago, (XBOX)ShaArLiToU said:

And eventually I killed it.

I guess it's easy if you don't care about Time.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11 minutes ago, Motodog242 said:

Owl just likes to teleport, which is why you should just spam your 3 to keep him on your minimap. 

DE does this alot it seems.... All the Liches/Sisters Teleport.... Infact they will do this if you break their Shields regardless of how soon they have just used the Ability... It seems like they are Hard Coded to be annoying...

14 minutes ago, Motodog242 said:

The boys always drop health orbs, so if you're not spamming your 1, you should be fine.

I never got a Single orb from any The Adds.....

Atleast now I know it's a bug...

• Like 1

On 2021-12-17 at 1:02 AM, Lutesque said:

Why was this information hidden 🤔 ?

I wouldnt say it was hidden. Not in a negative way as seems to be implied here. Like they where hiding the information from you so you would have a harder time. I didnt know it healed 50hp until I used it. They where not hiding the fact that it was a healing ability. Givin how squishy you where, it would make sense for it to heal and cure.

I didnt see any place that would give you information or stats on any of the abilities outside of the game telling you 2 was smoke screen and 3 was sonar.

Edited by Sithalo
  • Like 1

On 2021-12-16 at 6:14 PM, _Anise_ said:

Huh... I just shot all the duplicates until I tagged the right one. Didn't even think of using the sonar :)

On 2021-12-16 at 6:16 PM, Saice said:

Owl for me was the worse. Mostly because boy do a have bad aim with a bow.

I avoided the Owl almost entirely. Fought the Snake and the Wolf first, then the game let me fight the Owl with my fully-modded Corinth Prime. Guess I dodged a bullet there :)

On 2021-12-16 at 6:16 PM, Saice said:

The hints given by H-bro was a bit vague. Like I totally did not release what he meant until my 10th retry.

Hunhow's descriptions are absolutely AWFUL. They're essentially riddles that tell you next to nothing. You can't even solve the riddles until you fight the boss, but you equally can't check the riddles again WHILE fighting the boss. So I unless I write down what he says - which I can't, because he can't be asked to repeat - then I retain no information. He may as well told me nothing for all the help he was. I'm fine with puzzles, but PLEASE stop putting riddles in video games. They're awful to begin with, and they're hell on an ESL speaker like myself. Yes - not a native English speaker here. I'm good with most things, but riddles rely on lived-in use of the language I don't have.

• Like 3