NEW WAR UPDATE RIVEN BUGS

Message added by [DE]Momaw,

Sorry about that, can confirm that the problem is related to New War. This issue is on our radar.  The pre-war taxi workaround is perfectly fine to use, or give us a little bit of time to get the unlock condition patched up.

On 2021-12-18 at 12:06 AM, ARCHIMONDE-PRIME said:

Riven Mod (Veiled) :   land 8 consecutive  headshots while in Archwing in the plains of eidolon , that mission can't to do  

On 2021-12-18 at 8:07 AM, Nocturnalight said:

I've also experienced this bug. The riven won't even count headshots you get in archwing in the Plains. Never had this issue before, just after New War, maybe because of the tileset change?

5 hours ago, (PSN)joebagofdeeznuts said:

Just bought this riven before knowing about this I can say I'm pretty sad right now bc I already used my weekly cipher.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)G0dax said:

I have the same issues as you guys, hope DE will figure it out soon

2 hours ago, (XBOX)SuiicydE xX said:

Having the same issue.  Land 7 consecutive headshots in Archwing in PoE while alone or in Solo mode.  Riven won't activate or register.

The problem is that the After New War Plains of Eidolon map is a New Map (notice all the war-torn details)

and DE forgot to let the rivens apply to there as well. (while the map has the same name as the old Plains, in terms of programming, its a Separate World).

A Workaround: you can unveil the riven if you have a low-MR player who has Not Completed New War, Taxi you into their version of the Plains.

• Like 4

1小时前 , (PSN)haphazardlynamed 说:

The problem is that the After New War Plains of Eidolon map is a New Map (notice all the war-torn details)

and DE forgot to let the rivens apply to there as well. (while the map has the same name as the old Plains, in terms of programming, its a Separate World).

A Workaround: you can unveil the riven if you have a low-MR player who has Not Completed New War, Taxi you into their version of the Plains.

Thanks. This method can open riven mod

4 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Sorry about that, can confirm that the problem is related to New War. This issue is on our radar.  The pre-war taxi workaround is perfectly fine to use, or give us a little bit of time to get the unlock condition patched up.

Hmm.. curious how did New War messed up the rivens? Is it because the programming code or something for the old PoE is different from the new PoE? If so, then how players who haven't done New War be able to unveil those rivens if it is patched etc... hmm...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

One thing that always puzzled me is why the riven unvieling conditions wasn't expanded too include all three open-worlds, it is mostly Plains that got included in the rivens yet this was never updated to include the other open worlds. I think in addition to getting the unlock condition patched up that it can also be an excellent opportunity for DE to remove certain challenges that are unnecessarily hard or confusing like "Kill Dargyn pilots while in the air" and replace with newer conditions that involve using the other open worlds such as "ride a Velocipod" as an example.

Edited by XHADgaming
  • Like 2

5小时前 , [DE]Momaw 说:

5小时前 , XHADgaming 说:

One thing that always puzzled me is why the riven unvieling conditions wasn't expanded too include all three open-worlds, it is mostly Plains that got included in the rivens yet this was never updated to include the other open worlds. I think in addition to getting the unlock condition patched up that it can also be an excellent opportunity for DE to remove certain challenges that are unnecessarily hard or confusing like "Kill Dargyn pilots while in the air" and replace with newer conditions that involve using the other open worlds such as "ride a Velocipod" as an example.

haha, "Kill Dargyn pilots while in the air"is too hard,i must hit it down first, then get it to the sky , kill him to finish the task.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Thank You

If I may Suggest?

as a Universal Fix, just remove the "Plains of Eidolon" condition and allow us to do these challenges in Any Open World (and thereby preventing the issue from repeating in Future Open Worlds)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ARCHIMONDE-PRIME said:
8 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

haha, "Kill Dargyn pilots while in the air"is too hard,i must hit it down first, then get it to the sky , kill him to finish the task.

Yeah. . . no it isn't that simple. For one, you have to find a Dargyn which takes ages, and two, there is usually another clause such as while sliding which can be tricky to execute especially when you have less than a second to do it. So that is why this is the most complained about riven unvieling condition.

But my post wasn't to target how easy or hard a riven challenge might be, it is just that there is such much bloat directed towards Plains riven challenge that they would have to remove some of the current conditions that can only be done on the plains in order to help balance out the unvieling conditions across all three open worlds if they do go to choose that route and I directed towards some suggestions as to which ones to remove.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Do update us if you have fix it. Thank you for your respond.

Just tried mine, same here. Equipped on melee, entered PoE, got on Archwing, shot some faces and nothing. The fact that the Riven objective reminder didn't even show when I first entered the zone makes me think you might be correct. Maybe it doesn't recognize post quest PoE as legit?

Ck0Jp3K.png

Edited by RJ-WF
spelling
  • Like 1

On 2021-12-19 at 9:06 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Nice problem solving!  I figured it had to do with it being "a separate world" but I hadn't put a single thought past that to troubleshoot a workaround.  thanks homie!  Good on ya.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

So that is why this is the most complained about riven unvieling condition.

I also find "19 kills while wall latching/dashing without touching floor" to be pretty tough.

given how buggy wall latching is, I really think the Kills should be reduced to something like.... 5 would be reasonable.

but 19? especially on console; often not enough enemies are allowed to spawn at the same time...

• Like 1

having the same issue with my new kitgun mod, I think its just broken because of the new war. landing a headshot won't even show the little riven progress bar at the bottom of the screen, and when I leave the mission the riven shows as nothing was done.

• Like 1

Also want to confirm that this challenge is currently bugged, have a Rifle Riven with it, slap it on my Lanka, fly up nice and close with my Itzal and use stealth, shoot them in the face and no counting whatso ever, and as someone else mentioned, the riven challenge isnt even popping up like its supposed to be, also leading me to believe, like them, that Post New War Plains simply even being registered for the challenge and very likely that other Plains specific riven challenges might not work either, or perhaps this single challenge was just overlooked.

• Like 1