Jump to content

Warframe Launcher Issue Workaround (Quebec Region) [RESOLVED]


[DE]Megan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Il y a 3 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

Hello Tenno!

Thanks to some helpful Tenno we’ve been able to find a workaround for reported Warframe Launchers being stuck on “Checking For Updates” for PC players in the Quebec region.
 

For those in the Quebec region, here's how to get the workaround:

Shut down the launcher and download https://content.warframe.com/dl/Launcher.zip 

Find the Launcher in your Warframe install:

If you installed from Steam it'll probably be in:

  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Tools\

  • (If you selected a different download location just look under the Warframe\Tools folder)

 

If you installed the standalone build from warframe.com it'll be in:

  • %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Tools

 

If you installed from the Epic Online Store it'll probably be in:

  • C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Warframe\Downloaded\Tools

  • (If you selected a different download location just look under the Warframe\Tools folder)

 

Extract the Launcher.exe from the zip you downloaded and replace the one in your install.

Start Warframe, click the gear in the upper-right, click the Versions button: the Launcher version should be 2021.12.17.10.29 or newer.


 

If this workaround does not solve your Launcher issue, please create a ticket with your Launcher.log with our Support team for further diagnostics. Steps to find your Launcher.log can be found here

Note: until the ISP involved fixes the problem on their end, the Launcher will be extra slow and you may experience a few problems (Network Not Responding) but for the time being you’ll be able to play Warframe.

------------------------------

Salut les Tennos !

Grâce à certains Tennos, nous avons pu trouver une solution pour contourner le problème signalé des Lanceurs Warframe bloqués sur « Vérification des mises à jour » pour les joueurs PC du Québec.
 

Pour nos Tennos du Québec, voici comment contourner le problème :

Fermez le Lanceur et téléchargez https://content.warframe.com/dl/Launcher.zip

Trouvez le Lanceur dans votre installation Warframe :

Si vous avez installé à partir de Steam, ce sera probablement dans : 

  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Tools\

  • (Si vous avez sélectionné un emplacement de téléchargement différent, regardez simplement dans le dossier Warframe\Tools)

 Si vous avez installé la version autonome de warframe.com, elle sera dans :

  • %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe\Téléchargé\Public\Outils

 Si vous avez installé à partir d’Epic Online Store, ce sera probablement dans :

  • C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Warframe\Downloaded\Tools

  • (Si vous avez sélectionné un emplacement de téléchargement différent, regardez simplement dans le dossier Warframe\Tools)

Extrayez le fichier Launcher.exe du zip que vous avez téléchargé et remplacez celui de votre installation.

Démarrez Warframe, cliquez sur l'engrenage en haut à droite, cliquez sur le bouton Versions : la version du Lanceur doit être 2021.12.17.10.29 ou plus récente.

 

Si cette solution ne résout pas votre problème de Lanceur, veuillez envoyer un ticket avec votre Launcher.log à notre Équipe d'Assistance pour obtenir des diagnostics plus approfondis. Les étapes pour trouver votre Launcher.log peuvent être trouvées ici.

Remarque : jusqu'à ce que le FAI concerné résolve le problème de son côté, le Lanceur sera très lent et vous pourriez rencontrer quelques problèmes (“le réseau ne répond pas”), mais pour le moment, vous pourrez jouer à Warframe.

The ingame issues are still there 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Warframe launcher is now breaking outside of Quebec region. Just tried to login and my launcher failed repeatedly even though it was up to date, then tried downloading 7GB of stuff before failing again.

EDIT: Looks like restart actually managed to fix the issue this time, though crashed twice in Relays so far beforehand. Wondering if there was an issue there maybe?

Edited by Dragoon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UrbRainEd142 said:

Just spent a hour on the phone with them to make them understand it wasn't an issue related to my router lmao. They said in the end that their engineering team is on it since multiple clients have reported a similar issue, though I wouldn't expect anything for a couple weeks, knowing their efficiency. 

the pain of dealing with Quebecois ISPs

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

il y a 4 minutes, Greendod a dit :

I have aya to spend. I really wanted to get Vauban and Ash prime. I'm missing 2 pieces of Vauban and I already got 1 piece of Ash Prime. 😭

Never going to get them because Videotron are idiots.

Same i have to buy Tempo Royal from Baro and now i can't. I also agree with you, all ISP in Quebec are idiots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is that launcher? It don't seem to use my internet speed? It have 4,9 GB to dowload, and it download at 2 kb/s? Estimated time of download 45 hours? My normal download from my internet provider is 32MB/s? It is too slow, I will not let my computer open for 45 hours to download the update, it is making no common sense! The problem is far from being resolute! For now the solution that have been given seem bad? 45 hours of dowload for a 4.9 GB update?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

 

Shut down the launcher and download https://content.warframe.com/dl/Launcher.zip 

 

Probably a false positive, but Windows 11 Security's Virus Threat and Protection (Windows Defender was much less of a mouthful) blocks the download saying it's detecting a virus: Trojan:Script/Ulthar.A!ml

I was able to download it on my main PC that is still on Windows 10 and running a different anti-virus.

It's finally not getting any timeout errors, but the download speed is glacial (when it's running, it's in BYTES per second). 

I'm on Fizz, but it is owned by Videotron. So they are probably using the same problematic routing configurations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, N1TR0SS said:

Probably a false positive, but Windows 11 Security's Virus Threat and Protection (Windows Defender was much less of a mouthful) blocks the download saying it's detecting a virus: Trojan:Script/Ulthar.A!ml

I was able to download it on my main PC that is still on Windows 10 and running a different anti-virus.

It's finally not getting any timeout errors, but the download speed is glacial (when it's running, it's in BYTES per second). 

I'm on Fizz, but it is owned by Videotron. So they are probably using the same problematic routing configurations.

that an easy fix for the download use the other turn around that was used before and download

this is the turn around im talking about 

thought the turn around that de sent out is still buggy it crashes or freezes while multiplayer or anywhere multiplayer 

if you have an issue with the freezing or crashing stay with the other turn around 

edit: all it does is force the launcher to be on safe server host instead of unsafe one 

 

Edited by blackmoonTPN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, criptonyte said:

What is that launcher? It don't seem to use my internet speed? It have 4,9 GB to dowload, and it download at 2 kb/s? Estimated time of download 45 hours? My normal download from my internet provider is 32MB/s? It is too slow, I will not let my computer open for 45 hours to download the update, it is making no common sense! The problem is far from being resolute! For now the solution that have been given seem bad? 45 hours of dowload for a 4.9 GB update?

 

use this to speed up your download the launcher is still bugged people said that this help speed up 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dragoon said:

Warframe launcher is now breaking outside of Quebec region. Just tried to login and my launcher failed repeatedly even though it was up to date, then tried downloading 7GB of stuff before failing again.

EDIT: Looks like restart actually managed to fix the issue this time, though crashed twice in Relays so far beforehand. Wondering if there was an issue there maybe?

the launcher having issues with the multiplayer part i had the same issue 

it did go away when using the other turn about i found if you look in post i already replied to some people about this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, nathlapatate said:

Yeah sure this allows you to launch the game (the same way using a VPN did), but the in-game issue still remains for me. It takes forever to connect to Navigation and I constantly get "Network Not Responding" messages, so still super laggy.

Same here! I am also with videotron

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

The New War update was probably not ready to go.

Tuesday and the previous days everything was ok.
Wednesday, the day of the New War update, nothing is going well.

Something has clearly been broken on the content servers side.

 

Maybe rollback temporary to get the game back to pre-New War update state?

You have a good time with your family during the holidays. After the holidays, you can focus on finding the cause of the problem. Zen approach.

Like that, it takes stress away from you. It allows you to think calmly to find the problem.

 It may be too late for this solution. Due to premium access sales, support pack and more. :(

 

Hope you find the cause of the problem. Good day to all your team.

 

Edited by ULAB
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was able to login the game after the launcher fix but the problem still remains that in-game I get constant Network not responding whenever I check navigation.

I can see region chat, I can go to relays without much problems but I tried Cetus and game runs normally for 2-5 seconds then freezes for 20+seconds.

This is completely unplayable right now.

I don't know what happened between The New War original patch and the Hotfix that you guys released right after that but it completely broke warframe for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ULAB said:

Hello,

The New War update was probably not ready to go.

Tuesday and the previous days everything was ok.
Wednesday, the day of the New War update, nothing is going well.

Something has clearly been broken on the content servers side.

 

Maybe rollback temporary to get the game back to pre-New War update state?

You have a good time with your family during the holidays. After the holidays, you can focus on finding the cause of the problem. Zen approach.

Like that, it takes stress away from you. It allows you to think calmly to find the problem.

 It may be too late for this solution. Due to premium access sales, support pack and more. :(

 

Hope you find the cause of the problem. Good day to all your team.

 

It's not the update that's the problem. We've got 3 computers with warframe installed; one was updated the second the content dropped and didn't experience any problems until a few hours later. Another is just missing the New War update, but is experiencing this issue. The last one hasn't been updated since Yareli dropped, also having this issue. Rolling back the update would not fix this problem if a version of the game several months out-of-date is also having the problem. Game runs fine on a VPN though, so it's either something server side that's upset with the IP addresses, or something on the ISP side.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, blackmoonTPN said:

that an easy fix for the download use the other turn around that was used before and download

 

I just told the anti-virus it was ok not to block that file and downloaded it anyways. I was just putting up the info that it was being picked up as a false positive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the same issue and the new launcher didn't fix it either. Using a VPN made it work but I didn't want to play through one. Eventually I disabled IPv6 in the adapter options and it seems to have fixed the issue. If the new launcher doesn't fix your issue try disabling IPv6 in the meantime and check if it works, if it does then just keep it off until the issue's actually fixed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-12-17 at 3:29 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Note: until the ISP involved fixes the problem on their end, the Launcher will be extra slow and you may experience a few problems (Network Not Responding) but for the time being you’ll be able to play Warframe.

Is the detail of what the ISP needs to fix on their end available anywhere?

I'm with Fizz - another Quebec ISP that uses Videotron's infrastructure - and I'm getting the same issues. I'd like to open a ticket with them in order to check what's going on, but I don't know what to tell them. 

Some other players have also started to mention similar problems on other ISPs and even in other parts of the world (Europe). That information might help them as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup. Videotron's router, the one they give with Helix services seems to block the required port forwarding, even if you shut down the firewall beforehand. 

 

#1 Well i am with videotron too and I don't have Helix Services. And i have that problem too.

#2 Other players have also the same problems in the US and Europe.

Any players with BELL in Quebec that have that problem ???

I am sure DE is very busy fixing a lot of bugs right now but still it would be nice to hear something from them.

It would make sense to me if DE people talk to videotron people  no ? Maybe they did ?  Maybe they will ? 

But a little word from DE would be nice.  Good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • [DE]Megan changed the title to Warframe Launcher Issue Workaround (Quebec Region) [RESOLVED]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...