Warframe Launcher Issue Workaround (Quebec Region) [RESOLVED]

[DE]Megan

thought i should mention this incase some people get confused 

this only help the launcher be in safe mode and fix downloading updates

it doesn't help with the multiplayer issue that is ether ISP or on client side DE is still working on this and Videotron as started working on it from their end

On 2021-12-17 at 4:33 PM, QcDarkNinja said:

It seems to only affect certain ISP only

I have actually called my ISP (videotron) to report this specific issue (and mentionning them this forum), and they said they will investigate on this and call me back, but I'm really not sure they can do anything on their side, that's the problem.

Thanks for the intel ^.^

Cogeco does not seems to be affected for those wondering

Edited by trunks013

4 minutes ago, wipitou said:

ULAB said A Videotron technician just told me that their network team was on the problem since yesterday (friday).

That start to be good news!     Maybe .

Definitely better than my attempts to talk with them (Videotron) on Thursday which just turned into "prove us it's actually us, nope must be them, prove it and we'll check" It's not a fix but it's definitely better that they're looking.

1 hour ago, blackmoonTPN said:

oh sry i meant if it still slow like some only have it at 2kbs

Yeah, I just left it to download over night. I took about 12 hours to get 4 GB. Around 100 KB/s average. 

Not great.

Aside from the reverse proxy, at least one person mentioned disabling IPv6. I'm probably going to try that before going the reverse proxy route since its a bit less of a hassle.

But, thanks for linking the post to the reverse proxy!

3 hours ago, flyingjoe32 said:

I had the same issue and the new launcher didn't fix it either. Using a VPN made it work but I didn't want to play through one. Eventually I disabled IPv6 in the adapter options and it seems to have fixed the issue. If the new launcher doesn't fix your issue try disabling IPv6 in the meantime and check if it works, if it does then just keep it off until the issue's actually fixed.

I downloaded the patch over 12 hours on one computer, so I decided to try disabling IPv6 on another to see if it would speed up the download (with the launcher found in this thread). Unfortunately, event with it disabled, it does not speed up for me.  

well i've been having the launcher opened for 24h and i'm only at 3% isn't there a better fix ? because either way the update takes so long to download, we might as well not be playing at all. 

i'm not sure what changed, but i haven't heard of any changes from my isp or how they do the routing and i could play the game fine before the new war update. seem to be more of an issue with the update than with our isp, provided our isp haven't changed anything, which i haven't heard anything of the sort being a thing. all my others online games works fine too. So, might just be the update after all tbh.

6 hours ago, CBonduMiel2 said:

well i've been having the launcher opened for 24h and i'm only at 3% isn't there a better fix ? because either way the update takes so long to download, we might as well not be playing at all. 

i'm not sure what changed, but i haven't heard of any changes from my isp or how they do the routing and i could play the game fine before the new war update. seem to be more of an issue with the update than with our isp, provided our isp haven't changed anything, which i haven't heard anything of the sort being a thing. all my others online games works fine too. So, might just be the update after all tbh.

Some people have said - in this forum thread - that they downloaded the patch without early on it's release without any problems, only to have problems later with another computer that had an even older launcher. Also, players with other ISPs are playing without issues.

DE and even some players did some digging in logs and everything is pointing at a problem on the ISP's side. The fact that something like using a VPN lets you connect without issue is further proof of this.

An ISP won't send their clients messages for something as simple as a routing change. 

Several Videotron ISP clients have contacted them, and more than one of them reported in this forum that the ISP has acknowledged the issue and that they have engineers working on it since Friday.

It's unfortunate, and I understand your frustration since I'm one of the affected users as well, but it really does seem like it's a coincidence that something changed on the ISP's side on release day and is affecting Warframe like this.

I never believed it was the ISP ( Videotron )'s fault to start with.

But I do believe there is something in the update that maybe not compatible with videotron and some other ISP in the US and Europe.

Everything else is working just fine  . And warframe was working just fine just before the update  so.

And not have any info from DE I guess many people are putting the blame on videotron only.

Sunday already and I don't think much fix will be done today.

yah, thankfully i picked up godfall for free from the epic game store, kinda somewhat solves the issue temporarly of finding another game to play. the challenger edition was free a few week ago, so i picked it up. the game is smaller than warframe in term of content, but gameplay is solid. think like warframe, but only with melee weapon. 

imma check the game next weekend to see if the launcher/networking issues are fixed by then. 

still, i wanted to play the new war update though, still do. hopefully the fix comes out soon and we can all play the new war update when that happens. provided we haven't moved on to other games that is.

Edited by CBonduMiel2

9 hours ago, wipitou said:

I never believed it was the ISP ( Videotron )'s fault to start with.

But I do believe there is something in the update that maybe not compatible with videotron and some other ISP in the US and Europe.

Everything else is working just fine  . And warframe was working just fine just before the update  so.

And not have any info from DE I guess many people are putting the blame on videotron only.

Sunday already and I don't think much fix will be done today.

KidOblivion, who posted in this same thread, has a good example of why it probably is the ISP and not the patch.

20 hours ago, KidOblivion said:

It's not the update that's the problem. We've got 3 computers with warframe installed; one was updated the second the content dropped and didn't experience any problems until a few hours later. Another is just missing the New War update, but is experiencing this issue. The last one hasn't been updated since Yareli dropped, also having this issue. Rolling back the update would not fix this problem if a version of the game several months out-of-date is also having the problem. Game runs fine on a VPN though, so it's either something server side that's upset with the IP addresses, or something on the ISP side.

Also, many others have talked with Videotron and the company has acknowledged the issue and said they had people working on it.

My guess is that a networking config was changed - either to address a vulnerability or something simple like adding or replacing hardware - and Warframe was caught up in it. There may be other service that got caught in it. We might not know about them because they are smaller and did not have their biggest patch of the year launched on the same day.

"Well, time to switch to Bell once again! I hate Videotron customer service. This situation is a real pain since I can only play during the weekends and now I've lost my boosters for nothing."

Then get ready to be calling them every month to fix overcharge mistakes on your bill. And that will be every months  months after months after months.

Bell is very well known for intentionally making mistake on there 4 pages bill every months.  I  personally know  I was with them for 15 years.

Just look your self on internet how many complaint they get every years about there billing  lol    good luck !

But I know Bell equipment is among the best .

1 minute ago, wipitou said:

"Well, time to switch to Bell once again! I hate Videotron customer service. This situation is a real pain since I can only play during the weekends and now I've lost my boosters for nothing."

Then get ready to be calling them every month to fix overcharge mistakes on your bill. And that will be every months  months after months after months.

Bell is very well known for intentionally making mistake on there 4 pages bill every months.  I  personally know  I was with them for 15 years.

Just look your self on internet how many complaint they get every years about there billing  lol    good luck !

But I know Bell equipment is among the best .

Yea I have been with them before and it is true, but my internet never had any problem compared to videotron (they throttle you down until you realize and call them and they make it look like it's your fault). Anyway, this situation is just frustrating cause there is not real fix. 

In the meantime, is it allowed to play on a VPN if that works?

Let's be positive about all this for a minute.

Think about it. Longer it take for us to be able to login in it give DE more time to fix all the bugs that players are experiencing right now in the game.

That mean more we wait more chance that we will have a good experience with the new war story line  :) 

he he he 

On 2021-12-17 at 3:29 PM, [DE]Megan said:

: until the ISP involved fixes the problem on t

I spent close to an hour on with Videotron CS this morning; I was helping them to troubleshoot the issue for their tech team by running various scenarios and changes through my own PC for them. They are gonna review the data and get back to me tomorrow. 

Hopefully this helps to get a resolution soon. 🤞

• Like 2

• [DE]Megan changed the title to Warframe Launcher Issue Workaround (Quebec Region) [RESOLVED]