[SPOILER] So, about the Man in the Wall and Lotus

Did anyone notice in the end, when Lotus encountered the Man in the Wall, afterwards her hand was glowing with a dark-ish mist - very similar to that which we saw on the Zariman ship when your Tenno "signed the contract" with MitW?

Does this mean Lotus now also got Void Powers? Can a sentient really have Void powers? Curious...

• Like 1

My personal assumption is that she made a deal with Man in the Wall, to temporarily leave our Tenno alone or something of that nature. I don't necessarily think all deals with the Man in the Wall involve acquiring Void powers. I could be wrong, but I assume that the Tenno, we got Void powers because our specific deal was to (with our fellow students) survive the Zariman Ten Zero incident, and so Void powers could do that. Thats also something he could offer. I also might be wrong, but I/we don't know what we exchanged or promised The Man in the Wall do we? So it might be possible that he came to collect on our end of the bargain, the Lotus realises/is aware of this, and makes her own arrangement with Man in the Wall, which makes him happy, because know the Tenno and Lotus owe him, and eventually eh will get to collect, its just a matter of time to him. 

Why Lotus is also deceptive about when we asked her what she saw. She doesn't want us to know she made a deal to preserve us for a while longer, and in a way she did see "nothing" just more of the nihilistic, you and I won't exist, when Man in the Wall collects his bargain in the future bleak way, she sae the Void and the... yadda yadda, so in her mind its "I really need to figure out a way to stop him/prevent this from happening..." hopefully there is a new plot character around that didn't make any deals with the devil that might be able to help, and create some sort of paradox or something... 

Just my personal interpretation. She could start shooting Void beams out the eyes next story mission too, what do I know?!?

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

afterwards her hand was glowing with a dark-ish mist - very similar to that which we saw on the Zariman ship when your Tenno

When we sealed the contract with Wally his hand was glowing with that blue/turquoise color that the Void usually has.

After Lotus protected us her hand was literally in smoke, probably just because she used a lot of her power to protect us from him.

There wasn't colour arround her hand like Wally had, just smoke

• Like 4

8 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Why Lotus is also deceptive about when we asked her what she saw. She doesn't want us to know she made a deal to preserve us for a while longer

Yup, that "I saw nothing. Nothing." thing she sad is exactly what strengthened my suspicion about her doing the deal. I feel it overall left a nice cliffhanger of future things to come.

• Like 2

It looks more like she was possessed by the end of it, in the last few milliseconds where the statue closes in to eventually disappear and the lotus moves as if something went through her and pushed her.

Edited by nms.
  • Like 5

Feels kinda off showing us that last part. Like a teaser of what's to come. Just to annoy us register losers, "Hey here's something for you to think about. We won't share any details on it nor are allow to discuss about it." With Ballas gone we do need a new bad guy. I highly doubt it's that massaive wall. Too many times we been strip of our tenno powers. Be it intentioan grand design or not.

8 hours ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

When we sealed the contract with Wally his hand was glowing with that blue/turquoise color that the Void usually has.

After Lotus protected us her hand was literally in smoke, probably just because she used a lot of her power to protect us from him.

There wasn't colour arround her hand like Wally had, just smoke

True…but how would a Sentient’s hand react…and that was Wally’s smile on Radiant-Lotus at the end if ever I saw one…

She might literally have seen nothing while Vitruvian Lohk took on our entire field of Vision OR…a deal WAS struck that included her not having any memory of it or lying about it…hence the “I GOTCHA” smile to our Tenno…and Lotus saying I saw nothing…

Edited by (PSN)Silverback73
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Yup, that "I saw nothing. Nothing." thing she sad is exactly what strengthened my suspicion about her doing the deal. I feel it overall left a nice cliffhanger of future things to come.

I really resent her for lying like that. We bust our butts to rescue her, and the first thing out of her mouth is an obvious lie? That just did not feel good, man. Not to mention that in the past, trying to conceal things from us never worked and always just made the situation worse once the crap finally did hit the fan. It's like she's incapable of learning.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I really resent her for lying like that. We bust our butts to rescue her, and the first thing out of her mouth is an obvious lie? That just did not feel good, man. Not to mention that in the past, trying to conceal things from us never worked and always just made the situation worse once the crap finally did hit the fan. It's like she's incapable of learning.

OR…she has no memory of it…just like we didn’t.

I don't think sentients can interact with or detect the man in the wall. Cy talks about the void drive being a paradox, a hole in reality. I think what happened was that the sun was about to go nova / collapse, breaking the wall of lohk and allowing the man in the wall into the system. Lotus expended a lot of her power to stop the sun reaction, which stopped the man from breaking free.

• Like 1

On 2021-12-22 at 9:27 PM, Azamagon said:

Did anyone notice in the end, when Lotus encountered the Man in the Wall, afterwards her hand was glowing with a dark-ish mist - very similar to that which we saw on the Zariman ship when your Tenno "signed the contract" with MitW?

Does this mean Lotus now also got Void Powers? Can a sentient really have Void powers? Curious...

the hand man in the wall was holding was lotus's hand that was cut off by ballas. 

23 hours ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

Here you can clearly see it. there is no colour nor "shifting" of energy.

its smoke, she is burning due to the void energy she is using. as natah says she has seen the walls other face, she also calls him the voice in void. she is attempting to hold the wall back similar to what rell was doing before we let him hand the mantle to us, but we failed to up hold it. her denial is a void gift just like our operators powers. which just like transference gets recreated by science to apply to other things. 

My interopretation wasn't that she was holding the man in the wall back,  but she was closing the giant void hole before it sucked in the sun.    And the Man in the Wall just happened to show up at that moment,  maybe because this void hole was big enough for him to fit though and escape, I don't know.   

• Like 1

I'm just going to add these two images. I don't know what it signifies in the whole scheme of things but when we shook Wally's hand, it wasn't his hand he was presenting. It was Lotus' cut off right hand. Haven't seen anyone really mention it. 

Spoiler

Lotus hand for reference

eOggH0Z.png

Spoiler

Wally holding out "his" hand

n07zYsa.png

See the tube connection on the back of the hand there?

Image sources:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9PtyP9054k

Time of handshake:

https://youtu.be/L9PtyP9054k?t=4475

Edited by Larsurus
Spelling
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Larsurus said:

I'm just going to add these two images. I don't know what it signifies in the whole scheme of things but when we shook Wally's hand, it wasn't his hand he was presenting. It was Lotus' cut off right hand. Haven't seen anyone really mention it. 

Hide contents

Lotus hand for reference

eOggH0Z.png

Hide contents

n07zYsa.png

Image sources:

Time of handshake:

😳 Nice catch! I wonder what that could mean?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Larsurus said:

Hide contents

Lotus hand for reference

eOggH0Z.png

Hide contents

n07zYsa.png

Image sources:

Time of handshake:

oh that's extra creepy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Larsurus said:

Reveal hidden contents

Lotus hand for reference

eOggH0Z.png

Reveal hidden contents

n07zYsa.png

Image sources:

Time of handshake:

Teshin: "Natah wanted children of her own."

*flashback to the past--Natah is travelling through the Void with the Zariman fast approaching, both run into Wally*

Wally: So, you want children? Huh, funny thing that. I just so happen to have a bunch of children in need of saving--one child in particular--arriving riiiiight about...... Now!

Wally: So, you want 'everyone' to be saved? Very well. 'Saviour' arriving in 3-2-1-

*Operator and Natah shake Wally's hand at the 'same time'. Cue scene where we see multiple Operators dying and hear the Lotus's voice saying--*

"My child."

And ending on that note, I have a horrible feeling that in order to break that cycle... well... *looks in the direction of the latest CGI trailer, and Onkko saying we need to make a necessary sacrifice*

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Numerikuu said:

And ending on that note, I have a horrible feeling that in order to break that cycle... well... *looks in the direction of the latest CGI trailer, and Onkko saying we need to make a necessary sacrifice*

As an addition:

"Oh, but if we sacrifice ourselves, that means no more Warframe!" Enter the Drifter.

When Operator and Drifter shook hands we passed on our power to them only without strings attached. The Operator's power however lives and dies with Natah--because we shook her hand in that deal. We were saved but at the catch of us being Natah's 'child', hence why we hear her voice during the scene where multiple versions of ourself dies.

Drifters power lives and dies with Operator because they didn't make a deal with the devil. Operator is Drifter/Drifter is Operator. Void power has no ties to anyone other than their self.

Drifter gives Wally 'the finger' 🤣

Boom.

1483987484_1479128221_giphy-2.gif

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dirichlet2904 said:

What's the significance of Wally appearing as the Lotus atop the wall? So far Wally has only ever appeared as a doppelganger of the person seeing him, so I sort of took this to mean we were seeing this section through the eyes of the Lotus.

It's a mix of both us and the Lotus. In the Chimera Prologue Wally looks like us, but is also wearing the Lotus helmet. It's probably related to what I said above.

• Like 3