[SPOILER] So, about the Man in the Wall and Lotus

It seems plausible that Wally may have made roughly the same offer that was made to the Tenno:

Time's up, kiddoNatah. I can save them, all of them. But you have to want it... let's say we shake on it.

(Natah is used rather than any of her other names, because Wally refers to folks as their parents referred to them)

21 hours ago, -Arwin- said:

The disappearance of the wall and the behavior of Lotus, more like not that she overcame him, but that Wally is now possessed Lotus.

Plus her smile. 

unknown.png

I am glad I wasn't the only one to notice that smile, it just seems so out of character for the Lotus.

On 2021-12-22 at 2:27 AM, Azamagon said:

Did anyone notice in the end, when Lotus encountered the Man in the Wall, afterwards her hand was glowing with a dark-ish mist - very similar to that which we saw on the Zariman ship when your Tenno "signed the contract" with MitW?

Does this mean Lotus now also got Void Powers? Can a sentient really have Void powers? Curious...

On 2021-12-22 at 2:46 AM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

My personal assumption is that she made a deal with Man in the Wall, to temporarily leave our Tenno alone or something of that nature. I don't necessarily think all deals with the Man in the Wall involve acquiring Void powers. I could be wrong, but I assume that the Tenno, we got Void powers because our specific deal was to (with our fellow students) survive the Zariman Ten Zero incident, and so Void powers could do that. Thats also something he could offer. I also might be wrong, but I/we don't know what we exchanged or promised The Man in the Wall do we? So it might be possible that he came to collect on our end of the bargain, the Lotus realises/is aware of this, and makes her own arrangement with Man in the Wall, which makes him happy, because know the Tenno and Lotus owe him, and eventually eh will get to collect, its just a matter of time to him. 

Why Lotus is also deceptive about when we asked her what she saw. She doesn't want us to know she made a deal to preserve us for a while longer, and in a way she did see "nothing" just more of the nihilistic, you and I won't exist, when Man in the Wall collects his bargain in the future bleak way, she sae the Void and the... yadda yadda, so in her mind its "I really need to figure out a way to stop him/prevent this from happening..." hopefully there is a new plot character around that didn't make any deals with the devil that might be able to help, and create some sort of paradox or something... 

Just my personal interpretation. She could start shooting Void beams out the eyes next story mission too, what do I know?!?

I agree with the deal part, because I feel that there was no real way for her to have gotten rid of him otherwise. Plus, I know you can't replay the quest, but watching a video, your character will ask her what she saw in the end, and she seems hesitant to tell the operator, saying "I saw... nothing, nothing." While sounding very winded. She also sounds very adamant about the nothing part. Whether she saw the future, made a deal, or just fought him off for some time, we weren't given too much currently. 

The only thing I can think about now is how she seems to already have had ties to The Man In The Wall before, when you go to fight the Ropalolyst, she has a line that sometimes occurs where she says something about hearing the man in the wall before. It's dying to know, but it seems we have to wait for the Duviri Paradox now. Luckily we did get the info and can assume that grown-up version is simply the drifter. So that means the Duviri Paradox quest might just be all about the drifter stuck in the void?

• Like 1

Might be a long reach, but maybe her smile wasn't malevolent? Maybe it was more of an "I did this for you" kind of smile? Like I said, quite a long one, considering that cheeky smiles are more the territory of Wally, but at the same time, considering we shook Natah's hand, instead of Wally's on the Zariman... it's really tough to come up with a logical conclusion, especially when wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff is involved, but I always like to think that the whole motherly aspect of Natah/Lotus/Margulis still plays a big role here.

As someone said in a previous post, I don't think it's unlikely to assume that we are somehow tied to the Lotus through Wally, that somehow (then) Natah was the reason we actually made it out of the Zariman, striking a deal with Wally to have children... which would make sense, considering she forfeited her fertility by traversing the void to reach the Origin system, and she knew it.

That might also explain why the Lotus was able to hide Lua in the Void in the first place... she was, originally, one of many Sentients, a Mimic. How did she have the power to make an entire moon disappear, or rather teleport it away? To the Void even, the most hostile place for Sentients possible? The only possible way we know of, that grants someone incredible powers, is through either Void-powered technology, or direct Void powers within yourself, granted by The Man In The Wall.

I bet the Lotus made several deals with Wally, or... maybe just one -  "Make sure my children are safe"

And, considering that Ballas, the last and only true threat to the Tenno, died, we can assume that Wally's soon coming to collect some debts

• Like 1

On 2022-01-26 at 8:56 AM, (XBOX)Asmodaeus6 said:

How did she have the power to make an entire moon disappear, or rather teleport it away? To the Void even, the most hostile place for Sentients possible? The only possible way we know of, that grants someone incredible powers, is through either Void-powered technology

It's explicitly tech. The moon was achored in the void through use of towers. It's why we had to destroy them in the Second Dream.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Atsia said:

It's explicitly tech. The moon was achored in the void through use of towers. It's why we had to destroy them in the Second Dream.

Aaah yes, I remember now, and if I recall correctly, the Halls of Ascension and the Jade Light were on Lua as well, so it's probably safe to say it was the Orokin's seat of power, because otherwise I wouldn't know why they wanted to teleport the entire moon into the Void, because the tech was obviously made during when Lua was still populated, around before the Old War.

Was confused as to why the tech was there to do it in the first place lol

I find it bizarre that people keep saying Natah's smile at the end was reminiscent of MITW when MITW's smile is almost ALWAYS a full-toothed grin. He's grinning in almost every interaction. The smile she gave, by contrary, is more along the lines of: "It's over. We did it." *faints*

But about the end, I also agree 100% that she made some sort of deal with MITW. Either it was to save the Operator/Drifter or to save the Sol System from being destroyed by losing Sol. I'm not sure. Either way, she visibly watches the MITW when he appears, staggers when he hits her/flies through her, and her hand is smoking afterwards.

BTW, She has also said in the Ropalolyst quest: "I have seen the wall's other face, too. I have heard the voice." 
When she told the Tenno that she saw nothing, she was lying. She can see the MITW and she saw him then, making a deal with him for, literally, void only knows what.
Lastly, there's significance to the fact that on the Zariman, MITW offers the Tenno NATAH'S hand when they make a deal. Theoretically, what if this is because Natah later takes the Tenno's place in the deal instead? Thus she undoes that exchange. There's a reason for it, but at this time, there's no way to know what it is.

• Like 1

On 2022-02-02 at 6:03 AM, Erebus said:

But about the end, I also agree 100% that she made some sort of deal with MITW. Either it was to save the Operator/Drifter or to save the Sol System from being destroyed by losing Sol. I'm not sure. Either way, she visibly watches the MITW when he appears, staggers when he hits her/flies through her, and her hand is smoking afterwards.

But there's an issue... when we made a deal with Wally in the Zariman, the child then probably though "He/She/It will save everyone in the ship if I take this deal." and what did it turn out to be? "Save the people from having the Sun eaten and thus have it friz out or explode because of Ballsack", he even used Lotus' cut off hand as if to emphasize that he didnt meant the people on the Zariman, but in a later even, which, at the time we have no idea of what that was.

We made a deal thinking it was one thing and it turned out to be another.

The question now is "If Lotus made a deal with Wally... was it the deal SHE wanted or... what she THOUGH she made?"

• 1 month later...

Well, Lotus has been literally living in the Void, before The Second Dream where we pull Lua out to its original place, even though she's a Sentient. She obviously has some deep connection to the Void and TMitW, I'm 100% sure she shook hands with him at some point.