Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2021 Holidays & Next Hotfix in 2022!

[DE]Rebecca

Creates detailed post outlining some bugs while following the correct guidelines to link to the official bug reporting threads along with a detailed explanation of why I would like them to get fixed along with videos of the issues and detailed explanation of reproduction steps. Very lengthy post in a last ditch effort to get noticed since creating bug reports does nothing and all previous attempts at trying to get it noticed in one the last five hotfixes/update went unnoticed. And then gets deleted out of the blue why? Okay, second last ditch effort in hopes of getting noticed:

In fact the profit taker phase skip bug was "Fixed" numerous times yet there still exists an instance of it being done making it very frustrating since it took forever for the initial leg regen bug to finally be fixed. And now this new instance, in which the legs will regenerate after the body becomes vulnerable, is the most egregious of them all surpassing all of the previous instances of phase skip and leg regen and other bugs with the orb mother with how common it was for me to trigger without even trying while making it even more frustrating since it leads to a lost mission reward which is the very essence of why I went into the fight in the first place. While I understand that a bug like this in a complex game mechanic such as the Orb Mother may take some time to track down and to finally get a fixed pushed out in which the progress isn't shared with the community, it does not help my confidence knowing that it can also be ignored for that same period of time.

The other two bugs are also very easy to trigger hence why I would love to see them fixed since I am able to run into them on a weekly basis and was hoping would be quick fixes but it looks like it going down the same route of being ignored for an extended period of time despite having much easier reproduction steps and not a complex game mechanic to go along with them.

So, if anybody or anyone at DE can please provide confirmation that these bugs are all known and will have updates and fixed be provided in a timely manner that would be excellent. 

3 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

Creates detailed post outlining some bugs while following the correct guidelines to link to the official bug reporting threads along with a detailed explanation of why I would like them to get fixed along with videos of the issues and detailed explanation of reproduction steps.

• The Akarius visual bug is known but low priority since it is visual-only and doesn't affect the performance of the weapon
  • I have managed to confirm the issue you were having with your weapon becoming unusable after casting Dispensary. However, to illustrate how tricky reproducing bugs can be, your report did not mention the fact that this only happens if you do not have a melee weapon in your loadout. Adding a melee weapon to your loadout prevents this bug from happening. So I hope you can appreciate the fact that,
  • We have not be able to reproduce the problem you're experiencing with the Profit Taker.  We've tried this fight a dozen times with different players and different weapons, and this has not happened. Have other people experienced this? Does it do this for EVERY loadout you have, or only some? Does it still break if you fight the boss at a slower pace instead of speed running? Sadly there are critical details missing from your bug report.

6 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

And now this new instance, in which the legs will regenerate after the body becomes vulnerable, is the most egregious of them all

EDIT: Hey @XHADgaming I'm sorry for being snarky. I just need more coffee. I hope the bugs get fixed so you can play Profit Taker and run Dispensary the way you want.

Spoiler

I only experience the leg bug when I try to speedrun profit taker.

I see why it would be hard to reproduce the Dispensary bug.

14 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:
  • The Akarius visual bug is known but low priority since it is visual-only and doesn't affect the performance of the weapon
  • I have managed to confirm the issue you were having with your weapon becoming unusable after casting Dispensary. However, to illustrate how tricky reproducing bugs can be, your report did not mention the fact that this only happens if you do not have a melee weapon in your loadout. Adding a melee weapon to your loadout prevents this bug from happening. So I hope you can appreciate the fact that,
  • We have not be able to reproduce the problem you're experiencing with the Profit Taker.  We've tried this fight a dozen times with different players and different weapons, and this has not happened. Have other people experienced this? Does it do this for EVERY loadout you have, or only some? Does it still break if you fight the boss at a slower pace instead of speed running? Sadly there are critical details missing from your bug report.

Okay thank you for the reply that really means a lot. (tons of people were also liking my comments during my inquiries of each of the hotfixes)

The dispensary bug with the repro case being known by DE is extremely helpful to know, I trigger this most of the time in ESO where not equipping melee is helpful towards affinity gains so that would explain why the bug occurs like that which I didn't even know about. Good thing I provided a video of how simpleton easy it was to do by doing it 10 plus times showing the loadout each time. Looking forward to the fix!

Akarius bug being considered low priority is understandable considering I am like the only person in the world that uses that weapon, still glad to know it exists as a bug. Surprised you can't elaborate why it is a client exclusive bug since this was a byproduct "fix" of an existing bug where the explosion fx wouldn't appear at all when you are a client.

Profit Taker Leg Regen: Okay, that sucks to hear. Will continue creating videos of my experience running into the bug using Geforce Experience/Shadowplay when running profit taker. Don't know if I can slow down the fight though to capture better results for DE. And you probably can't lift the restriction that causes the bounty reward to not be given out as a result since it is technically a phase skip :(?

I was also linked to this comment where someone has went ahead and updated their comment regarding this bug so perhaps you can give that a look over-

3 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Hi @[DE]Momaw! Thanks for looking into Profit-Taker bugs.

I've documented most if not all of the Profit-Taker bugs and keep my initial comments up-to-date with new findings about the bugs.
In the past days, I've further clarified the repro conditions for the bugs listed below.

Relevant for this thread, I fully documented all the details of the armor reset bug in my comment in this thread:

Also relevant, I fully documented all the details of the leg regen bug in this thread:

Note that they are not the same bug, despite others confusing the two sometimes because they do share some similarities like having to kill more legs than would otherwise be necessary.

If the explanations provided in my comments are insufficient, don't hesitate to contact me. Because of time zones, your work hours fall in my spare time. I'm happy to reproduce the bugs live, provide further clarifications, or help find out what goes wrong in trying to reproduce the bugs on your end.

23 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:
  •  

I wasn't going to bother yall about this again until after the holidays.  But, what the heck 😉...any update on Galv. Aptitude mods not working with projectiles almost entirely?  As detailed here: 

WE haven't heard anything about this since the AoE announcement, so any info would be great.  Even if it's not good news.

Happy holidays in any case. 👍

On 2021-12-23 at 11:34 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

The Akarius visual bug is known but low priority since it is visual-only and doesn't affect the performance of the weapon

I have submitted Akarius issues after the FX changes on both forums and a support ticket. But it's absolutely suffering from more issues than just the visual bug.

Beyond the energy color bug, the weapon's new explosion FX is extremely unoptimized both as the host and client (this happened after the weapon FX changes), i've tested Tenet Envoy, Tenet Tetra and a couple more AoE explosive weapons but they all work as intended, but when i shoot Akarius within 10m radius of my frame, i get a big fps drop and my PS4 fan kicks into overdrive. Never had this issue before the weapon FX update, and as someone who uses Akarius all the time, i personally prefered the original Akarius explosion FX to the new one. So if switching the FX of this weapon back to its original one fixes this issue, that'd be amazing.

Another issue is the explosion delay when playing as client. for instance no matter the ping i have, Tenet Envoy rockets explode instantly on impact both as a client and host. Akarius' explosions on the other hand have a delay seemingly tied to ping when playing as a client. The delayed explosions are also very inaccurate and random compared to explosions when playing as a host.

I meant to get these things listed here sooner, but spending time with family during Winter Break is important too, so that's one of the main reasons why I hadn't done so yet. I will likely need to reconfirm a number of the following bugs, but since Update 31 I have seen instances of a few bugs occuring that I had previously reported, such as the Archwing Texture bug with Eclipse / Subsumed Eclipse.

In any case, briefly speaking here's the most recent bug reports I've made:

One of the main reasons why there's so many bugs in one place is because I felt I would've been a bit "spammy", etc. by making individual threads for each & every bug I found. That, and Art & Animation was the only category I saw that appeared to relate to a majority of the bugs listed in the thread. Every other category didn't seem to fit well enough, I thought. There have been a few more bugs posted by others beyond what I listed, which should help organize things there :)

• My Update 30.5 bug report may also prove useful. However, as noted on the post it doesn't relate to Yareli or the Kompressa, etc.. But to be fair, there was no mention about whether or not players would be allowed to report bugs on that official megathread that didn't relate to the specified things, persay, so I didn't see any harm in it.

I just wanted to make sure the bugs were known, and aside from the thread I linked above I couldn't think of anywhere else to properly report them.

That said, plenty of screenshots & details to go around, so it may be quite a read! Regarding the Tennocon 2021 Armor bugs, I haven't updated that thread in quite some time either, but it couldn't be helped. However, I do think it would be worth investigating nonetheless, time permitting of course. I basically went through every skin of every Frame that I own, and looked for any clear misalignments or misplaced Armor pieces; Equinox Prime's forms are a good example.

• I would've checked on more Frames, but since you can't preview attachments on a Frame you don't own, it's a bug report that I still can't complete by myself as of this writing.

I did find one New War-related visual / UI bug; Screeenshot pending:

Spoiler

An inconsistency I found is that for Onkko & Little Duck, if you select "preview" for Narmer Isoplast in their respective standing screens, rather than talking about one individual Isoplast, in the top-left corner the screen mentions "x450 Narmer Isoplast", which at first implied to me that you need 450 Narmer Isoplast in order to redeem them for said standing.

But after looking around, I'm guessing it does only require one Isoplast per 2,000 standing. I haven't tested this yet since I'm saving up every Isoplast I get for crafting, but eventually I can test that on my end if needed. I just wantd to let you know asap, considering I have not seen this mentioned anywhere else yet; Although it's a minor bug :)

I hope everyone at DE had some good (& safe!) times during the Holidays though. If you need any further testing or details on one of the above-listed bugs, feel free to let me know! I'd be glad to help iron things out more.

Archived