Wish Can Quit New War

11 hours ago, TheMostFrench said:

The easiest way to deal with these potential variables is to say 'play the whole thing until you're finished, or don't play it at all until you're definitely ready'.

You are correct that adding the ability to abandon the quest will add more work for DE, and it will also introduce the possibility for new bugs.  These are important considerations as they are not negligible.

However, something equally worthy of consideration is this: how does a player know when they are definitely ready to complete challenges they don't yet know about with a toolset they don't yet know about?  If we're honest with ourselves, we have to acknowledge that this is impossible.  Every player who starts The New War is required to take a gamble.

And that would be fine if losing that gamble didn't entirely remove your access to all of the Warframe content you've been playing and loving for years.  My heart goes out to every player who finds themselves in this situation right now.

The silver lining is that to any designer worth their salt, this flaw in their system is now incredibly obvious, and DE isn't going to just sit back while they hemorrhage a subset of their established players due to a problem this obvious and this fixable.  I can't say for certain what their fix will be, but I would literally stake my life on the fact that DE will implement a fix for this; it's only a matter of when.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_ said:
59 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

How did you get to the Archon fights to begin with? How did you get to The New War to begin with?

I started the quest, of course. A quest draped in mystery and as I was avoiding spoilers I did not know that we were going to be given a janky bow to use or I would not have started it.

Strange, I could've sworn that you had to play as a Grineer and a Corpus, as well as Teshin, and have done a bunch of sneaking, some shooting, before you got to the Archons. Not to mention everything you needed to do to get to the quest in the first place. Like, it's almost as if you've proven yourself physically capable of beating the Archons already.

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Strange, I could've sworn that you had to play as a Grineer and a Corpus, as well as Teshin, and have done a bunch of sneaking, some shooting, before you got to the Archons. Not to mention everything you needed to do to get to the quest in the first place. Like, it's almost as if you've proven yourself physically capable of beating the Archons already.

I have Arthritis and Dupuytren's Contracture in my hands. I did get through those parts because I wasn't using a janky AF bow. Bows are my bane in WF, I avoid them whenever possible. Really I only use them for MR fodder. Given that the Jank AF Bow is the only thing capable of doing real damage to the Archons, I'm  screwed.

I think you're trying to be encouraging, but don't suggest to me what my hands can or cannot do, that's pretty rude.

• Like 11

8 hours ago, (PSN)sieg_valentine said:

None right now. No offense but the game did warn you that you cant go back to your normal warframe activities when you start the quest. So either finish it which probably people will tell you to and its recommended or wait till DE make an option so people can go back to normal activities.

DE will do what keeps making money for it's owners,simple as.  If there are enough like me "stuck" in TNW or "Drifting" so to speak and they leave and earnings drop ...it WILL get fixed to allow them (the stuck) to get back to boring power creep Warframe. Never once have i seen anyone in my position say they want TNW nerf's to weak tea...they just want let out of it, to either paractice to "get guid enuff" stay in the bit they enjoy..or at the time of their choosing  leave of their own accord/terms.  I personally am amazed at the spite snarking and bile aimed at those stuck. As if they are "failure" and should somehow be ashamed.  What earthly difference does it make to those "through it" if those stuck get back to "the game proper" ??? In reality none

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, (NSW)asbestosisgood said:

DE will do what keeps making money for it's owners,simple as.  If there are enough like me "stuck" in TNW or "Drifting" so to speak and they leave and earnings drop ...it WILL get fixed to allow them (the stuck) to get back to boring power creep Warframe. Never once have i seen anyone in my position say they want TNW nerf's to weak tea...they just want let out of it, to either paractice to "get guid enuff" stay in the bit they enjoy..or at the time of their choosing  leave of their own accord/terms.  I personally am amazed at the spite snarking and bile aimed at those stuck. As if they are "failure" and should somehow be ashamed.  What earthly difference does it make to those "through it" if those stuck get back to "the game proper" ??? In reality none

I think you will be surprised... just the other thread "The Archons Must Be Gone" OP is requesting archons to be removed, and made some conspiracy of why content creators doesn't mention them. That type of request is probably why some people has disdain on topics like this and their attitude got carried over to other thread.

Granted, requested to be able to quit the new war and just start over at later date is completely reasonable and DE should implement it.

@PSN)Gentleman_Raven_for the bow, you really don't need time it, a full charge will do less damage than perfect shot, but it will still do enough damage to complete the quest.  The timing of perfect /charged  really isn't that important, as long as your shots lands.

You seem to be playing on Playstation, so binding mouse button to tap on press and release is not possible, that's probably the easiest way to solve the problem if your issue not able t hold onto the buttons for too long.

Edited by Innosin
  • Like 1

To all those who say: "U shud jus get gud lik me :D" I say, "gud for you, Pro Gamer"

To all those who say: "just finish the mission'" I say "I wasn't expecting three tough minibosses in a row that can appear directly behind you, Ash like, and fry your behind. I would finish if I could, why do you think I'm asking for an out?"

And to all the other flavors of troll out there I say: "Have a Happy Holiday. Bless your heart."

Now for my solution:

After your umpteenth death and you quit the mission, you always wind up back in your orbiter.

This is where Alad V sends you email:

"I couldn't help but notice that you might be a little...out of your depth, friend."

"For alll the laughs we've shared together, I have a proposal for you:"

"I can make all of this...unpleasantness disappear. I still have contacts, you see."

"For a very, very nominal fee I can bring you...through? How about it: 500 Plat [Y/N]"

DE has never made slogging all the way through a mission *mandatory* before. I never finished the Glassmaker, but I was able to buy the little glass lighthouse from Nora. I never finished the Glast Gambit, but I was able to buy the warframe. I never finished the 'charlie brown' warframe missions, but I was able to buy the warframe. It's perfectly acceptable to me if somewhere down the road, say when the active player stats start to drop again, roughly six to eight months from now, for me to swallow my price and open my wallet.

Alas, I don't see this happening. Good luck to all us underachievers.

• Like 6

I am stuck on the final mission but I never really did anything with my amp before starting the campaign. So my amp and recharge is horrible and if I don't get enough crits lotus just dies since I can't do enough damage to break one bar. So stuck and its been like 50 attempts got to his 3 bar by luck but couldn't do it.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

I think they pushed the quest out the door before finishing that bit of QoL polish, probably to be introduced when they make the quest re-playable next year.

They need to add that function, OR they need to make the quest itself literally so easy that every single player can complete it, otherwise it's a critical softlock in the game's progression that really has no point in existing as such (and the level of such difficulty as currently exists in the quest is not reflected in the warning provided at the start.)

This will obviously make "gamers" mad, that casual people are "watering down" their wonderfully difficult dark souls game... (really, do they think this quest is in any way an indicator that DE is going to make all of Warframe into this sort of difficulty? because right now, it's an outlier, not a barometer of the state of the game. It's the oddity that needs to be changed to fit the game, not the other way around. It's not compromise leading DE down a slippery slope into super easy gameplay... do they even play Warframe right now?)

Anyway... I agree that it needs a quit button, but it doesn't exist, so you'll have to struggle through it, get someone else to play it for you, or wait for the quest to be changed next year, sadly.

I will offer a counter to your "gamers mad at the casuals" argument.

I personally think that the game is so easy it's mostly unplayable between updates once you've done all the things.  Other games do this much better.

It used to be you could be done with the game and still have to turn at least 1% of your brain on in the ancient times long gone.  Now it's basically a walking simulator; even level 9999 survivals are passe these days, anyone can do it with a bit of time in.  So I hard agree DE is making no moves to make the game into Dark Souls, literally nobody is making that argument that is reasonable and understands the revenue streams and mechanics of the game.

That said, I am happy to see the softlock in the sense that there "should be a modicum of challenge sometimes".  

What I don't agree with is that they introduced that without a way to opt out when they've literally been babying the most casual of casuals for years, it's a severely bad move.

You could get away with that in like, path of exile or something where you need some skills, knowledge and planning, but not in a walking simulator game as easy as WF.  

They did put a warning, but I'd argue it wasn't really indicative of the kind of tone shift that came after.  I liked it.  I thought it was good and refreshing.  I also understand not everyone would and it would make the soft skinned casuals crap their pants and reeee all over the forums.

Really it's just another example of bad planning, failure to staff adequately to meet launch dates and not understanding the player base, and none of that is remotely new.  The only thing new about it is that this is the first time in memory it's really bit the casuals in the bollox.  Usually it's the opposite, anyone looking for challenge and that is a vet of 1000s of hours in mission is on the receiving end.  Because of that drastic shift I really am thinking that's the only serious complaint about the update other than the occasional bug, which if we're honest, this was the smoothest rollout of content in literally many many years.

I hope they keep the minimal difficulty where it is and instead make an opt out like asap, because it really is kinda a bait and switch for players that are used to the 1000s of hours they've spent in a walking simulator, and I'm someone that supports the direction... just being reasonable about it.

Edited by Klokwerkaos
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, (NSW)asbestosisgood said:

well given your greed instantaneously on show.... you'd just strip my account bare...............  there is WAY WAY more then 500pl in it  WAY WAY WAY more

I mean, probably they would, and while I would never advocate for sharing your password because that's totally a ToS thing... I'm sure if someone was going to do that, they would have made a friend or two that could accommodate this practice much easier.  So TOTALLY DON'T DO THAT ;) 

I would say though if this became a practice that happened regularly and DE saw lots of shifting IPs to complete the quest they'd figure out how to fix their game with an opt out a lot quicker ;) 

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Unfortunately not.  So your only option is to finish or wait to 2022 for that function to be added. 

I do one attempt per day only now...and do try, todays was 43 minutes with stops but sadly..................  now playing something else  after 7 days hard trying it was tragic  not just lacking in fun.

• Like 1

annnddd this is the reason why it's still a good idea that DE allow you to reset/quit the mission, hopefully they can implement this soon.

but please allow me to say this.

ok, you know what, you are the a madman. I caved in and built my self a better amp after doing the sacrifice with the vanilla amp. I can't believe you still use the original amp after having to fight umbra using it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Klokwerkaos said:

I mean, probably they would, and while I would never advocate for sharing your password because that's totally a ToS thing... I'm sure if someone was going to do that, they would have made a friend or two that could accommodate this practice much easier.  So TOTALLY DON'T DO THAT ;) 

I would say though if this became a practice that happened regularly and DE saw lots of shifting IPs to complete the quest they'd figure out how to fix their game with an opt out a lot quicker ;) 

do not worry I will NOT be giving anyone else my logon that was not sat here in front of me, I assure you.

On PC there is a friend help logon thing is there not.?

2 minutes ago, (NSW)asbestosisgood said:

do not worry I will NOT be giving anyone else my logon that was not sat here in front of me, I assure you.

On PC there is a friend help logon thing is there not.?

I am not sure what a “friend help logon” is, but I don’t believe it exists.

• Like 1

Just now, -Krism- said:

Wait, where are you stuck? Doing damage to Ballas in the final fight?

yeah... he's using the default amp... which does almost no damage.

Just curious, since I never tried this. does void dash damages Ballas? Have you tried it?

The quest is basically:
Solo, Nightmare mode (no shields) Bow Only Sortie (unranked gear, no mods), with all Dragon Keys active, bullet jumps disabled, Abilities put on Lavos cooldowns, no Zenurik void dash, no Arcanes.
Exterminate/Spy/Assassination

MOST people who play Warframe choose their frames and weapons to compliment their strengths, or compensate for their weaknesses. In this case, there are a variety of frames I would choose from that would fare much better than the Drifter.

The leadup to this release was all about getting your load out ready for the big quest... gotta be ready! Get that Nechramech and Railjack, and all your best gear and Warframe ready... cuz you're... oh wait... you're really not gonna need that stuff built up... get ready to suffer through pre-set gear with all those restrictions. Have fun... you can't quit, and you can't play the rest of the game until you beat this minigame/bow mastery rank test-in-disguise.

People who are saying how "easy" this is are either humble-bragging, or vastly overestimating the abilities of "average" players.

I'm 45, I've been playing games since the Atari2600/Colecovision... I've beaten games that were made for arcades... I beat this quest with the only tip requiring me to check the forums being that the smoke bomb lets you into the get-out-of-this-dangerous-death-globe-visual to attack the owl and stop its regen... (before that, it was a very slow battle with it constantly regen-ing to max health over and over...)

This quest isn't as easy as you're making it out to be. There NEEDS to be an "I quit" button at the very least, and nerfing if they intend for all players to complete this quest.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, BloodRavenCap said:

The funniest part for me is still the fact that bosses aren't as much a pain the ass as bad stealth sections.

It really was a badly designed section.

Honestly the reason you can do this in metal gear and it works and not here is 2 reasons:

1) the death animation takes forever and gets ultra annoying (MGS 1 did this too and it become the most common criticizing meme of the game)
2) in metal gear you have perma radar and the camera is further back

Both of those are problems that should have been addressed at the quest design level and surely should have shown up in the *lol* testing phase.

They aren't impossible or really hard even, but they are annoying in that it's only beatable through trial and error combined with mandatory waiting and studying, it's like the antithesis of what makes warframe fun for the playerbase (fast paced bullet time action and exploding limbs).  If they were dead set on including this mechanic it should have in the very least had a consistent radar for that section because it becomes just an annoying slog.

• Like 5